Clara

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I kicked at him as the other grabbed my feet and they rushed me down the metal stairs quickly to a waiting carriage. They were no sooner inside than it took off and one of them set me upright in the seat next to him.

I stared across at Henry DuPont, my stomach sinking.

He smirked. "You didn't think I was going to let that old snake oil salesman have you, did you?" he asked, propping a boot up on the seat next to me.

"This ain't funny, Henry! Let me go! You can't just go and snatch girls out of their home!"

He just smiled, then looked at the guards. "Check her over, she has a creature that she keeps on her most the time."

I jerked away from the hands trying to check me over. "He's in Theo's room! The lady taking my measurements didn't like him! Stop fondlin' me!" I yelled, kicking at the man again.

Henry grinned. "I have my own seamstress ready at the manor," he told me lightly. "And a dress mostly ready, she'll just need a few minor alterations is all. Maybe. Not that it will matter. I don't see you wearing the dress more than an hour. You'll be pleased to know I have James and Kristina and their baby on the property. Your baby sister, moreless."

"She ain't kin to me and you well know it!"

"Just so, James did adopt you and that makes you a Halifax. DuPont by this time tomorrow. Halifax is a good enough name, no matter who you came into this world as. Part of me wants to punish you for putting me through so much trouble. A little nothing like you saying no to me. Another part of me feels like it's going to be twice as good once I finally get you in my bed."

"I ain't marry'n you Henry! If you try'n force me, I'll jam a knife right through your eye and into your brain! See if I don't!"

He laughed, leaning across the carriage to look down at me. "You will marry me, Clara," he said softly, touching one of my curls that had come loose from where Theo had pinned it up. "You will, or you will lose everything. First will be your baby sister and your adopted parents. Not that you will mind them so much, but I think you have a care for the baby, yeah? Then that creature you adore so much. I will have my men pick him up as soon as they drop us off. Same with the two old people. First the old lady, because that bitch came up with the lie. Then the old man for thinking he was good enough for you. If you are good, though, if you can be my sweet little wife, I will let you have your little pet and all of your family and friends. I will be nice to you, make you happy. If you ruin it, though, make me angry? I will take it out on you and everyone you love. Do you hear me, Clara?"

I stared at him, horrified. "You would hurt a innocent baby?" I asked him in a whisper.

"Would you?" he countered. "It's all on you, Clara. Be good and no one will ever get hurt, not you, your baby sister, your pet, no one. You will be happy, I will see to it. All you have to do is keep me happy. It's that simple."

"I don't want to marry you!" I wailed, shaking my head and hiding my face in my hands so he wouldn't see me cry.

"No one cares what you want, Clara," he said with a laugh. "You are a no one, a nothing. No one in this world cares about you at all except for me."

"Thad and Theo care!"

"They are no ones too! And you don't really think he cares about you, do you? Of course not, he is just old and wanted someone, anyone, to warm his bed at night. Wanted someone to listen to besides his nagging and ugly sister. You were an easy target, someone he could trick easily into thinking he cares. He would use you as much as he wanted and no one would care. That's all he wanted from you, Clara. He would have hid you away from everyone, married you in secret and not let anyone know so he could be rid of you when he tired of you. Not like me. I have already invited the entire city and made announcements to go out as soon as I get you home. Everyone will know you are going to be my wife, Clara, everyone. I want everyone to know because I care for you truly. You aren't someone I want to hide away and not let anyone know about. I don't care that you don't have real blue blood or that you aren't schooled at all, I am proud you will be my wife. I am not announcing it in a 10 word ad on the last page of the paper, I am taking out a front page ad and there will be pictures, Clara. I am proudly telling the world you will be mine. I have wanted you a full year gone now, Clara, since the day I met you. Found out who you were."

"But I don't like you! And you was a mean snake even that day! Pushing me up on the wall like you did and sayin' what you did about wantin' to put your cock in my mouth!"

He laughed. "I didn't know who you were yet, Clara, but I meant it. I still want to see those lips wrapped around my cock. Once I found out who you were... I wanted you even more. The more you said no, the more I needed you... But I am done now, Clara. Done chasing you, done letting you play hard to get and your little games. You are mine and I refuse to let you say no again. Do you understand? I will destroy your world before I let you say no to me again. Yes is all I will hear from you from now on. Do you understand? Say yes, Clara or your first lesson will be over my knee right now."

"I hear you," I snarled at him. "I understand! Now you understand me! You put that little cock of yours near my mouth, you lose it!"

Henry leaned back in his seat, a smile slowly spreading on his full lips. "You are going to be so much fun to train," he finally said as the carriage rolled to a stop.

He got out and turned to help me out, as if I really had some sort of choice with the two guards gripping my shoulder and hair. Henry only smirked at me as he nodded at the two guards, then they led me into the huge, sprawling estate surrounded by gardens. It was full of people, but none of them looked twice at me as I was dragged through a side entrance and shoved into a room.

They didn't leave my side all day, not even as I was scrubbed raw in a tub and fitted for a dress.

In the afternoon, Henry arrived with another smirk, holding a sheet wrapped box. He stood well back from me as he opened it and I looked down at the little cage with Dodger in it. He screamed for me and reached through the bars as tears came to my eyes.

"Let him go! Please, Henry, let him go! He's never hurt a soul and I love him, please?!?"

Henry's smirk turned into a happy, congenial smile. "Of course, my love. I will let him go tomorrow in your rooms. Once you have left your marriage bed and a happy and sated husband. Do you understand, Clara?"

I wilted, but nodded. "I will do what you want! Just please let him go! Just... send him back to Theo and Thad? They will take care of him!"

He laughed. "You think that will help? Not having him here to keep you in line? No, my love, there is no one there to care for him. Your friends are my guests for now. They will watch you marry me, watch you say yes, watch you kiss me as if you mean it. Do you understand, Clara?"

"I understand!" I screamed at him angrily. "I will do as you want, stop threatening everyone I love!"

He went still, his face going dark. "Love, Clara?" he asked, his tone dangerous. "Do you love the old man?"

I knew that tone. That dangerous, calm before the storm quiet. I knew if I said yes, he'd kill Thaddeus, but I also knew if I lied, he'd be mad anyway. Do something to hurt me in some way. Probably with Dodger since he was close to hand.

"Always," I answered. "I've always loved Theo and Thad both. Theo is like a sister to me and Thad is like the papa I wished I had. Not like James who just used me to get what he wanted, but for true. He taught me things and showed me things and never cared that I had nothin' to give in return. He even showed me how to care for Dodger and keep him safe and healthy. They are good people worth lovin'! He'd've even married me to keep me safe though he don't feel that kind of way 'bout me nor I him. He has a love for all people and that's why he does what he does. Mendin' the sick and helpin' people. Theo always has a smile for me and loves to talk and laugh with me. She treats me like I was important even though I ain't. They both do. They treat everyone that way and that's worth lovin' them for!"

Henry cocked his head slightly, looking me over. His eyes went shrewd. "The time is coming, Clara. You will behave and you will come out there and say yes, loud and proud, do you understand? You will kiss me and be happy to do it. Kane here will have your pet and if you step a single foot wrong, he will snap his neck."

"Stop! Stop threatnin' everyone! How 'bout you wait till I set a foot wrong then threaten', till then you just try actin' nice for once! Stop bein' so hateful!"

Henry grinned then and stepped closer. "Alright, Clara. No more threats until you put a foot wrong. I'll give you a chance to prove yourself to me. That's what you want, yes? Very well. I am about to go get dressed for my wedding, how about a kiss for luck?"

I glared up at him, but closed my eyes and turned my face up so he could kiss me without me fighting him. His lips touched mine gently, then he was laughing as he pulled back and left with Dodger still reaching for me and crying.

"Henry!" I cried.

He paused in the doorway, looking over his shoulder questioningly.

"Please? May I just hold him a moment and let him know he will be fine?"

Henry looked down at the cage he was holding, then shrugged and set it down on the table in the room and left without another word. I started to go to Dodger, but one of the guards stopped me. I went back and let the woman fix my dress and hair as I watched Dodger.

The other guard went over near Dodger and knelt and I was terrified he was about to hurt him or mess with him, but instead he tapped at the cage lightly and rolled a few raisins in to Dodger. Dodger was shy about taking them, but he did, hiding in the far corner and watching me as he ate them.

I felt more and more calm as Dodger warmed up to the man, trusting him and his instincts. He wouldn't warm up to a bad person, no matter what they offered him. Soon, the guard was grinning at Dodger and I noticed the other guard was watching them both and scowling.

I was going to have to find a way to keep that man away from Dodger and never let him be alone with him.

I wasn't ready at all when the woman stepped away as another man came in, saying it was time.

This was real, this was about to happen and I had to allow it to happen. I looked again at Dodger, but the mean guard cut off my line of sight and took hold of the back of my neck as he pushed me out the door.

I was led out to the back of the manor and it was huge and open, and also packed full of people.

James was standing by the door, dressed up and smiling proudly as he preened while looking around. The guard passed me off to James, but stayed close behind us as the music started.

"James," I whispered pleadingly as he took my arm and started leading me through all of the seated people.

"Shut your mouth! Shut it now and don't you dare mess this up for me and Kristina!" he hissed back. "I will snap your scrawny neck myself if you even try it! Ungrateful little bitch! Smile. Look around and smile and stop your bawling!"

I was crying, I realized, tears falling down my cheeks as I trembled. I managed a grimace as I looked around, looking to see if Thaddeus and Theodora really were there somewhere.

I saw them finally, sitting in the front row on the end with a guard bracketing both of them. I was so busy staring around, I missed James handing me off to Henry until Henry jerked on my arm.

I blinked up at him, starting to move to rub my arm, but he quickly caught my other hand in exasperation.

"No tears," he hissed.

I nodded and looked down, trying to quell my tears. I half listened to the man saying the words over us, but mostly I tried to peek around, see if there was anyone there I could appeal to. I didn't know anyone there at all save for James and Kristina and Theo and Thad.

I felt lost.

Moreso when Henry took hold of my face, turning me up and smiling down at me. 'Yes' he mouthed.

"Yes?" I said out loud.

The man saying words had been waiting for that and he pronounced us wed. Henry bent and pulled me close, kissing me in front of everyone. He didn't let it go as a simple kiss, he forced my mouth open and kissed me deeply, pulling me up off my feet as everyone watched and cheered wildly. He pulled away and stood finally, lifting me up to hold in his arms to more cheering.

I couldn't hide my tears and I knew it would upset him, so I hugged him instead, pressing my face to his neck so no one could see me crying.

He carried me off to a side room and set me down, taking a knee in front of me as he did and wiping the tears from my face as he looked me over. His look wasn't displeased, but he didn't look happy either... I couldn't place his look at all. If I had to guess, I would have to say he looked... excited for what was to come and that he had his hooks in me now. I couldn't get away anymore. He gave a quick nod to a woman as he stood and I was hurriedly changed into another dress and my hair pulled down and refixed so that it hung in loose ringlets over a single shoulder. I was quickly sent back out to sit at a huge table outside with Henry and his parents on one side and James and Kristina on the other. The table faced the other tables, all full of people.

I sat through cheers and long winded toasts from all over, until it was nightfall. I was tired and nodding off and no one was talking to me at all. I was the least important person there, though it was my wedding.

The only good part was when I asked to hold baby Kate and Kristina let me hold her until Henry told me to give her back to her wet nurse. Twice more I tried to speak to James, but both times he told me to be still and be quiet. I was there to look pretty for Henry and that was all.

When I asked where Theo and Thad were, Henry just gave me a cool look, then ignored me as if I hadn't asked. I had looked over all the tables, all the guests again and again, but they weren't out there.

Finally, Henry's mother came around and sat near me, smiling absently. "Hello little dear! Oh, my Henry, she is just a slight little thing, isn't she? She is just lovely! As lovely as you said she was! I knew you would find just the right girl in your own time, no matter what your father said! You are just darling! I am Constance DuPont, but you may call me mother now if you like! I was so upset that we weren't allowed to meet you before today, but Henry has been telling us about you for so long! I understand that it was an awkward situation given who your adoptive parents are, but rest assured, that does not matter to us! Not so long as my baby boy is happy! And of course you would want your family well cared for, I only thought more of you for that!"

I stared at the chattering woman, wondering what she was talking about.

"You and I are just going to become great friends! I have always wanted a daughter and now here you are! Henry told me how shy you are and don't you even worry not one bit! I will take care of everything! I am having teas set up for you to meet the family and friends and dinners..."

"Mother," Henry chided gently. "Don't overwhelm her. She and I will want some time for ourselves, won't we, Clara?"

I blinked at him, then looked back at his mother, feeling my face go red. "We was thinkin' on a lot of alone time. He was wanting to go at me some before we had to be around people much. Not just the normal going at each other I guess, he said I had to use my mouth for him some too, not just what was between my legs. He'll have to teach me alla that, so I guess it..."

"Clara!" Henry whispered quickly, sitting up. "Mother, excuse her, she isn't... she... she was very sheltered. I haven't spoken to her yet about how to talk to people."

"Oh," his mother said faintly, spots of color on her cheeks.

I shrugged. "I guess I shouldn't say 'go at', that's not the proper way. Couplin' and making babies is better. Once we are done makin babies and such, then we'll be ready for meetin' people and whatnot. I guess I'll have to go kissin on his cock too, he told me he wanted that the very first time we met and..."

"Clara!" Henry hissed angrily.

I looked at him, confused. "Sorry? I didn't mean to make you mad? You did though? And that will take some time? She is wantin' the plannin of her parties and whatnot, I don't know how long that will take for you to teach me all that? I learn quick, but I don't know how long till he is happy enough with the doin' of it that he will want a break from it for me to meet folks? If it's half as nice as having your wrist kissed on... have you had your wrist kissed on? It's nice. If it's half so nice as that, he may not want to leave bed for a while. Hey... is your bed real soft or just a little soft? I laid on a soft bed t'other night and couldn't sleep, but the sofa wasn't as soft. Softer than the floor at the apartment and the ground at the one before, but not so soft I couldn't sleep. Am I gonna get to sleep some? Or will it be all just goin' at me the next few days?"

Henry looked down at me in shocked confusion and his mother stared open mouthed. Finally, Henry leaned close to me. "We will talk about all of this soon, Clara," he said softly, though his eyes still seemed angry. "Mother, I will let you know when you can start planning get togethers. For now, none."

His mother nodded, her fingertips still over her mouth in surprise. She finally leaned closer to me. "Did... did they really make you sleep on the floor?"

I shrugged. "I had a blanket and it was better than the ground in the crawlspace in the bigger apartment. Even then, I had a blanket."

"Crawlspace?" she asked faintly, leaning back in her seat.

Henry looked past me to James who was talking to someone on the other side of Kristina and not paying attention. "Another time, mother," Henry said softly. "Clara? I will ask you not to speak of... anything that might happen in our private rooms out loud to anyone. Do you understand?"

I shrugged and yawned sleepily. "Is it cause it's rude or you just don't want folks knowin' what you're up to?"

"Both," he answered with a sigh. "Mother, I am about to take my new wife to bed, she is tired. So am I. I would like a lunch arranged tomorrow though, with her adopted parents. I have words I wish to have with them," he said acidly.

He stood then, taking my hand to pull me up to stand with him. There were more cheers as he said his goodnights and gave his own toast to me. I was given water to sip, but that was all and I wondered why he had kept the wine so far from me.

When he picked me up and left with me, to more loud cheering, I finally asked him. "Why could I only have water?" I asked, squirming.

"Because I am certain you have never drank before and I did not want you drunk to our wedding bed. Be still, Clara."

"This dress is too tight!"

"I'll have it off you soon enough. Were you serious about all of that out there or were you playing some game?"

"Game? I don't know any games really. Just a few little ones we played at the orphanage before James got me, but I don't remember'm more than to know that I played some with the other girls."

"So all of that about... not knowing what is in store for you. You were serious?"

"James tried to have a go at me t'other night, but Thad came in and stopped him. I seen James and Kristina a few times havin' a go at each other, but I aint so sure it was right. Some folks say it's a pleasant and nice thing, but hear her tell and he was just making her upset. Not doin' nothin right. She yelled at him alot and he yelled right back. Called her names and whatnot. Didn't seem like it made either of'm too happy. Other folks talk like it's the beat all end all to have a go at each other."

123456...8