Clara

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Because you liked it so well?"

"Exactly. I liked you so well. You are... so perfect, my little Clara," he breathed, kissing my head again. "I love you so."

I let out a contented sigh and pressed my cheek to his chest, ready to fall asleep again.

"Mmm, my little Clara, we must get up. I will show you where the baths are so you can clean up."

"You too?"

"Yes, I will have a bath as well, in the other bathing chamber."

"Cain't you just hop in with me? I like the thought of rubbin' soap all on you everywhere. And you doin the same for me. You think we could maybe try goin' at each other in the water? I want to be the one who does all the ridin' just once, see if it's as fun as I imagine. In the water would be good, with you all soaped up and sittin up in the basin."

Henry grinned and leaned over me, kissing my lips. "I think that sounds wonderful, but not this morning. We are expected at breakfast."

"Cain't we skip? Just... maybe wait till lunch? I can wait, I'm not hungry, I just want to..."

Henry chuckled. "My lovely little Clara! I promise you, I will bring you back here to our bed as soon as I am able. I am not like you, it takes time after I spend myself for me to be able to perform again."

"Perform? No, I can do all the ridin', you won't have to..."

"Clara!" he laughed joyously. "I adore that you enjoy this, but what I mean is, my body will not cooperate for a while. I can't get hard."

"Hard? Your cock? What do I need to do? Put my mouth on it like you did for me?"

"As lovely as that sounds, only time will help. Once I come, I need at least an hour, perhaps more. I love that you are so eager, I adore it. Most girls pretend to be shy about it, pretend they only wish to please me. You are so incredibly refreshing with you want for more and demands to be satisfied. I love it. Come now, My little Clara and grab your robe. Wear it down to the baths and there will be clothes brought for you there."

"Can I get Dodger? He usually takes baths with me."

"Oh... Ahhh... I will take you to get him, but perhaps... don't let him bathe with you. I will have someone draw him his own bath."

"I don't understand why it upsets folks that Dodger takes baths with me. He needs to get clean to and he likes playin' in the water!" I complained, tying my robe. It was soft and silky and felt nice on my skin. "This robe is wonderful. Exceptional. Is that the word? Can I have a nightgown made of this to sleep in?"

"A nightgown?" he smiled, opening the door for me. "I think I prefer you in what you wore last night."

"I didn't wear a nightgown last night?" I told him, confused.

"Exactly."

I blushed, then smiled. It was a little nice that he liked sleeping next to me as I was and looking at me without being covered up. I liked the thought of being able to look at him as I pleased without him covering up as well.

When he opened a bedroom door for me and gestured me in, I ran in and went straight to the cage with Dodger in it. He cried at me, chattering and reaching for me as I opened the door. He was shivering as he clung to me, still crying and chattering as he held my face to look at him.

"He's upset," I told Henry, following him back to the hallway.

"He is?" Henry asked, looking askance at Dodger.

"He is. That room was cold and lonely and he didn't like it one bit. He was afraid and afraid for me. He's never slept alone without me before. That metal was hard and cold too and he couldn't get out. He ain't slept at all!"

"I see," Henry said faintly. "He told you all of that?"

"That's likely exactly what he's sayin' to me. Lookit him, he's so upset!"

"I can see that..." Henry nodded, but he still looked dubious.

"He don't want his own bath, he wants to stay with me."

"I... if you insist, my love."

"He won't bother you, he'll just hold on to me."

"Me?"

"In the bath. Our bath."

"Ahh," Henry smiled ruefully. "Clara, the servants will bathe you in the ladies bathing chamber. I will be in the mens bathing chamber."

"I thought we was playing in the soap some?" I asked, crestfallen.

He stopped in the hall and turned to me, smiling down at me. "We will, my love, soon. I will arrange a private bath for us tomorrow morning and we will have time to explore and... play all you wish. This morning we really must hurry, we are expected."

I nodded with a sigh. "I guess that'll be somethin' to make me excited for mornin' then."

His smile then was extremely pleased as he looked over at me. He opened another door for me and motioned me in. There was a huge basin full of steaming water and all sorts of flowers and petals floating on the top. A servant was standing patiently, smiling at me.

"Be quick, please, Manda, and don't mind her pet. He's very friendly."

'Manda' gave a nod that was almost a bow, then hurried to me as Henry shut the door. Pulling the robe off of me, she led me to the giant tub and the step stool next to it. Dodger saw the water and let go of my hair, launching himself into it with a splash. Manda's hands flew to her mouth as she let out a hysterical giggle. I smiled as I jumped in too and Dodger climbed up on my knee so he could play in the water with his head above it. He gave me his little grin and Manda giggled again as she started washing my hair.

"That's a monkey, yes?" Manda asked quietly.

"Yeah, he was give to me by a man with the circus."

"He's very cute! I never seen one in real life before. Can I touch him?"

I shrugged. "Sometimes if he likes people he lets them pet him. If he don't, he'll just hide, he won't bite or nothing'."

Manda moved slowly to the side of the tub and held her hand out to Dodger. He smiled at her and took her fingers, holding on to them. Manda giggled, then reached with her other hand to pet him. Dodger chittered at her and grabbed her other hand, pulling it to his chin.

"He likes chin scratches," I told her. "What's all these weeds in the water for?"

Manda let out another giggle and I wondered if she was always giggling. "They aren't weeds, Miss. They are flowers with strong smells. They make the water smell good and you too when you're in it. There's some oils in the water too, to make your skin feel good and soft. I've often wished for such a lovely bath for myself!"

"There's plenty of room! You can get in and do what needs doin' same as you can while you're out."

"Miss?!?" Manda asked, shocked.

Oh. Right. Henry said most girls pretended to not want to do the things they did want to do. That seemed stupid to me, but if that was how things was done, then I would have to figure it out.

"Just come on in," I told her. "Throw your dress over there and hop in, I'll lean up so there's room and you can still rub on my hair and scrub me like you're s'posed to."

"Miss..."

"It's ok. I'm tellin' you to," I told her, reassuring her.

Manda stood uncertainly and peeled out of her dress, looking a little scared. As soon as her dress was off, she hurried into the water behind me and I moved up.

"Ohhh... this IS lovely," Manda breathed.

She finished my hair and started on my back and I let out a deep sigh. It felt... exceptional. I turned when she finished and she started on my feet and my legs as I played with Dodger and tried not to laugh as she tickled my feet with the soap and cloth.

The door opened and Henry stepped in. "How much lon... Clara? Manda?"

Manda ducked down, hiding with a squeak.

"I told her to come on in, there was all sorts of room. She ain't never had this sort of bath before," I told him. "I think I like havin' my hair washed this way. Havin' my head rubbed like that makes me all limp like I ain't got no muscles anymore."

"Clara... it isn't really appropriate to bathe with the servants..."

"Sir... I was doing as I was told!" Manda breathed fearfully.

"She is," I agreed. "I told her to. That's what you said, right? Girls'll say no even if they want a thing so you have to just do it?"

"My love..." he began, then just sighed and dropped his shoulders as he smiled ruefully. "Oh, I really do adore you. Just... please hurry Manda and get her dressed?"

"Yes sir!" Manda nodded, still hunched under the water.

Henry left and Manda surged out of the water most of the way and started scrubbing the rest of me quickly. She looked horrified.

"Don't worry on him, he don't care," I told her. "He ain't upset. Oh! I'm a little sensitive there!" I breathed as she scrubbed between my legs.

"Sorry!"

"It's fine, it just still feels... good. Did you know a boy could use his mouth on you down there? And make you go for him?"

"Go?" she asked uncertainly.

"Come! I meant come. You know, when your body goes all twisty and jerky? And it feels like heaven?"

"Ahh... yes," she whispered, her cheeks turning red. "I've... heard about it from my older sister. She has a husband."

"You have a husband?"

"Not yet."

"You're so pretty, though? Cain't you cook?"

Manda giggled. "I been asked, I just haven't met the one I want yet."

"You're still real young," I nodded. "I have a friend who's more'n twice your age and she ain't found her right one either," I told her as I thought about Theodora. That made me think of Thad and I felt a little melancholy. As much as I liked all Henry was doing to me, I still wished it had been Thad. Sweet, gentle, loving Thad with his soft smile and knowing eyes. I thought of the way his kiss had made me feel and sighed sadly.

"All done!" Manda spoke quickly, hurrying out of the tub and holding up a towel for me.

"That one there for Dodger first," I told her, pointing at a hand towel. "And you wrap up yourself while I'm in the water. I can wait in the warm water while you get dressed."

Manda looked panicked as she hardly dried off before pulling her clothes on. I wrapped Dodger like a baby and handed him to her before drying myself off. Manda seemed frantic as she dressed me, the hurriedly twisted up my hair still wet.

"I will fix it again after breakfast!" she breathed, rushing to the door to open it.

Henry was waiting, his eyes shining with amusement as I carried Dodger out wrapped in the towel like a baby. Offering his arm, he led me out to the large dining hall where people were gathered around the table, waiting. Dodger immediately wiggled out of the towel and climbed my arm to hide behind my neck, pulling my hair down to hide in.

"Oh!" Henry's mother breathed, watching Dodger in shock.

"He'll be fine as long as he can hide," I assured her, pulling my hair down for Dodger.

Several of the people around the table sniggered.

Henry pulled my chair out for me, the one next to his mother and she watched Dodger in fear.

"He won't hurt you," I assured her. "He probably won't even peek out with so many new people here, he's a little skittish. If he likes you though, he may smile at you or reach for you. He's still just a baby."

"Oh..." she gave me a sickly smile, still watching my hair in fear. "I... I was wanting to speak with you... Ahh..."

"If you'd rather, I can put him up my skirts. Usually he'd just run down my dress but this one's too tight."

More of the people around the table tittered behind their hands.

"My love," Henry spoke gently. "He's fine where he is. Shall we start breakfast?" he asked loudly. Taking my hand under the table, he gave me another smile and winked at me.

"Your wedding was lovely," a woman across from me smiled.

"Was it?" I asked curiously. "I never been to one before yesterday. It seemed a little boring to me."

There was more laughter around the table and I wondered if they were laughing at me. Why would they be? It WAS boring.

"Your dress was lovely," the woman went on.

"It was too tight and the lace itched. The veil kept sticking to my mouth too, I felt like all I did was spit it out. The second one was a little better, but it was still tight. This one is too, I don't understand why they need to be so tight? I liked my old dress, it let me breathe. Will there be more food?" I asked uncertainly, looking at the plate that was set out with a bit of cut up fruits on it.

"This is the first course, my love," Henry told me, pulling my hand up to kiss my fingers.

"How many more will there be?"

"For breakfast? Only four."

"Why cain't we have it all at once?"

"We have courses brought out slowly," his father stated. "For two reasons. It allows us time to speak as we eat and eating the food slowly and spreading it out is better for the digestion."

"Digestion? Well I ain't never had time to eat slow. I had to eat between chores and feedin' the baby and try'na get some sleep. It was eat quick or starve. Can I give one of these to Dodger?" I asked Henry, picking up a grape.

"Of course, my love. Give him anything you like. You never have to worry about having time to eat anymore, or about doing chores or caring for someone else's child. You never have to worry about anything anymore."

I looked at Henry as I gave Dodger the grape. "What do I have to do? Besides us goin' at each other? Couplin' I mean."

There was coughing and choking and snorting around the table as Henry sat up. "My love, you can do anything you like. Read, paint, sew."

"I cain't read or paint. What needs sewin'? I can sew a straight hem and..."

"No, my love, embroidery. You can't read? Truly?"

"I was never taught," I shrugged.

"Then we will remedy that right away," he smiled.

"It's a sickness if you cain't read?" I asked, confused.

"No... remedy you not being able to read. It doesn't just mean to cure a sickness, it mean to correct something. In this case correcting you not being able to read. In the case you know, it means correcting someone being ill. It works for both, you see?"

"Sure. So who will teach me? You? Like you'll teach me to use my mouth on your cock?"

"Clara," he breathed quickly. "There are some things we don't speak of in mixed company, remember?"

"Oh, sure. What's the word to use? Like sayin' couplin instead of goin at each other. Is there a word for usin a mouth on a cock?"

"Henry!" his father almost yelped, upset.

"Clara!" Henry cried, turning me to face him. "Let's speak of something else, alright? I will bring a tutor in to teach you to read and paint and sew."

"And social graces," his father added with a growl.

"Social graces?" I asked curiously.

"How to act in civilized company," his father spat.

"Clara, while her adopted parents are of noble birth, she was raised a bit sheltered," Henry told everyone at the table, sounding like he was apologizing for me. "She is a bit uncouth and very naive, but she will learn quickly. Please excuse her while she is still so... unrefined."

I scowled at him. "I ain't so naive as people say," I told him angrily. "And I don't know what unrefined means, but if it means people don't say what they mean to my face and laugh at me for not knowin' somethin' I never been taught, then I don't want to be that. I don't know what Undercouth means either, but if it means sayin' no when I wanna say yes, I ain't gonna do that either. I'll learn your readin' and sewin' pretty even though it's useless, and even paintin' if you want, but I won't be one of you people what make fun and talk behind peoples faces to say bad things whilst smilin' to their face and sayin' nice things. If that's what you want me to learn, then you'll just be disappointed because I ain't fixin' to be one of you people. I don't want to."

Henry sat back in his seat and chuckled. "And now you all know why I just had to make her my wife," he shrugged, amused. "How can you not adore her?"

"She is certainly forthright," A man volunteered, his eyes shining like he was also amused. "It is a bit refreshing. Tell me, Clara, is it true your adopted parents only adopted you to use you as a servant? I have heard some people say they did."

"It's true," I shrugged. "But don't go feelin' sorry. I had food and a place to sleep."

"Is it true they made you sleep on the ground? The actual ground and not even a floor?"

"In the first apartment I slept in the crawlspace on the ground, but I had old clothes to sleep on and a blanket to use. And they let me keep Dodger when he was give to me."

"Is it true that he tried to... harm you?" a woman asked, her eyes wide.

"He hit me some? They both did."

"I mean... did he corner you? I heard someone say he did?"

"Do you mean did he try to go at me? He did but Thad stopped him. He came in ta help Kristina with her pains and he heard me cryin' for James to stop. He saved me and took me out of there. Theo took care 'a me an let me help her with the cookin' and whatnot. Specially when she had to help Thad downstairs."

"Were you really going to marry that old man?" a younger woman asked.

I hesitated, knowing that was a sore subject for Henry. "It's true he would'a to help me out, but he didn't have no real want for me that way. He's like a father to me, always teachin' me and bein' kind. They're both the kindest people I ever met. You know Theo can cook more amazin' than anyone I ever met? But she still don't have a husband and I just cain't figure that. She's exceptional at it."

"If he did all of that, why did you ask that they be given a place here as a bridesgift?" Henry's father asked.

"Bridesgift?" I asked, confused.

"A gift a new husband gives his bride," Henry smiled, but he looked alarmed. He turned to his father. "It's because of the baby. She has a large affection for her sister and wanted to see her safe and taken care of."

I realized Henry was lying to his folks and didn't want them to know he had stolen me away. "Yeah," I agreed. "A bridesgift. I asked him if I could bring her along and that meant them too. Thanks for that, it was good of y'all to give them a place here."

"Clara," the younger woman called, leaning forward. "I think I would like it if we became friends. You are so... interesting! And I like that you are so incredibly... blunt."

"Whassat mean?" I asked warily.

"Blunt? It means you don't talk around what you mean and you say things regardless of how socially acceptable they are. My father was like that and that's why he was never at court," she giggled. "I adored him and wished I had the nerve to speak out like he did, but my mother... anyway, you remind me so much of him and I adore it. My name is Hannah and I would truly love it if we could become friends!"

I looked her over, wondering if she was only being nice so she could make fun of me behind my back, then nodded slightly. I would give her a chance, she didn't seem as mean as the others were. Plus she was closest to my own age and I was feeling alone right now.

"That would be wonderful," Henry smiled gently. "I will arrange a tea very soon."

"Oh! Have you had one'a them baths where they rub on your head and toss weeds and such in with ya?" I asked her excitedly. "We could have one'a those! Dodger loves to play in the water and it feels... exceptional. Plus it makes you smell all good! There's plenty of room in them big ole' tubs!"

"Together?" Hannah asked faintly, her cheeks showing spots of color as several people seemed to choke and cough.

"My love," Henry murmured, then paused as he smiled and shook his head. He chuckled and shrugged a single shoulder. "Nothing. Nevermind. I half wish I didn't have to teach you any social graces at all and let you be exactly who you are."

"What's wrong with who I am? You made me marry ya and all you knew about me was who I am. Even made me kiss ya and..."

"We will speak of it later," Henry said quickly, his face turning red.

I felt like I didn't like being around all these people. They kept laughing at me and giving me looks that said they thought I wasn't good enough.

Henry brought in someone to teach me to read, and he stayed with me the whole time, rubbing my arm and holding my hand as I learned. He brought in a woman to show me how to sew and another to show me how to paint, then ANOTHER man to show me how to play the piano. I discovered quickly I was useless at everything but sewing and reading.

1...345678