All Comments on 'Conversations 05 - No More Regrets'

by Tinman_1903

Sort by:
  • 223 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written but far too close to the knuckle for me to like it in any way.

jezzazjezzazalmost 2 years ago

No. I’m sorry, she’s a selfish bitch.

I get that she feels her life was unfulfilled when Tomas came along, but that doesn’t give you license to cheat for ten months and then feel it’s your right to that life. You already made that decision. While you can revisit it, you don’t do that at the expense of someone else.

If she wanted Tomas, she divorces Troy first. Anything else is just being a selfish scumbag. There is no justification for that, no matter how she tries ‘the end justifies the means’. When your happiness comes at the expense of someone else and you are ok with that, then you can never imagine yourself the hero of any story, including your own.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Very selfish woman!

5

OldskierOldskieralmost 2 years ago

Nice story but she is still a fucking bitch !

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 2 years ago

Wow. Just. Wow.

This was a great story, real, gritty, unvarnished and full of pain. I felt sorry for all of them, even Penny.

You wrote a fantastic story.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 2 years ago

Why does no-one ever think to put the divorce BEFORE the sex?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Troy is the best man.

The bitch is not a hero!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

3*** for very good writing but I don't like it or love it because you correctly warned at the beginning: good things happen to bad people. Hard to like that even though it often happens that way in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It isn’t the kind of story that I would choose to read, but it is an honest story and well written. A solid 5 stars.

jazzharpjazzharpalmost 2 years ago

Very sad story. Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
just

more excuses rather than real regreat she is a bitch that didn;t rellay love troy and went to tomas as soon as he came back

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 2 years ago

Dammm I can get sorta behind forgiving others to forgive yourself. Only if it allows you to better exorcise the demon of the bitches treachery and betrayal from your heart and mind and allows you to live and prosper again. You can see from the authors words how it drastically destroyed his life and how he interacted with his kids.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Crap ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The author gives us a vivid portrayal of a female narcissist. Her delusions, faulty interpretations and illogical rationalizations are necessary for her weak, deformed ego structure to maintain functional integrity. The depth of her pathology is sickening to contemplate, and it is difficult to respond to her internal experience with empathy rather than revulsion. For those who would wish her to suffer, they can take comfort in her decision to choose Tomas over Troy. Military service has worked no miracle there. Aging simply has turned a petulant boy into an ignoble man. The portrayed changes in Troy's character are difficult to interpret. It is entirely possible that the MC's faulty ego heard what she needed her betrayed ex-husband to say rather than whatever he actually said. If we assume, however, that she is a relatively reliable historian of his words, he is clearly exhibiting some form of post traumatic disorganization of his emotions and thought processes. The idea he owes her an apology is almost as repulsive as is her malignant soul.

demanderdemanderalmost 2 years ago

Narcissistic bitch. Nuff said. D

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 2 years ago

What a selfish woman. Love your stories though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Beautifully written and true to life. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No, no way. Calling this piece of shit a good man because he let her go to the hospital. Nope. This guy is scum. A good guy doesn't do what this whale shit did. I get what she did and why but they are both scum of the earth. Lots of nerve telling him she settled for him. And him now being apologetic after the accident, more bullshit. He would have thrown her out of that room so fast. Interesting story, characters suck. 3

SaltySurpriseSaltySurprisealmost 2 years ago

It would be a better read if she had done to her what she did to her ex husband and also would of been better if he was back in the girls lives but still hated the ex. This story was about a woman trying to justify the worst thing she could have done to her spouse it looks to me that all she was doing was having a meal ticket after the one true love deserted her

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

There is evil in the world

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just because Troy forgave her does not mean she's a good person. Once the girls start dating and get their hearts broken they'll realize what a heartless bitch they have for a Mother. At least let Troy find a good woman.

MwestohioMwestohioalmost 2 years ago

Tomas deserves his own hell

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"only decision I ever made which put me first". She out herself first above her husband and children when she as a married woman started an affair. And when she committed adultry for 9 months before surprising her husband with divorce papers informing him he was just a place sitter. Not a very good wife or mother for that matter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written…but damn I just couldn’t warm up to that selfish slut.

.

You coulda eased the angst by letting Troy find a new hot babe 😎

.

4 ****

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 2 years ago

She and Tomas do not deserve happiness. Troy needed to fix his relationship with his daughters. His treatment of them was unacceptable. He doesn't need to be nice to Tomas at all, ever. One day the girls will hold their mother and Tomas accountable for their actions. They will be lucky to be invited to their important events in the far future. Troy is the better man and needs to find a better woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You can take a pile of dog shit and wrap it in gift wrap but it’s still a pile of dog shit, much like the wife in this story. You did your level best to make her a sympathetic character but she is nothing but a two faced lying piece of shit. She destroyed her husband and family for her own selfish lust and gratification. He should have put a bullet the head of the cheating slut. One star for tying to make this piece of shit human.

john_67_SWEjohn_67_SWEalmost 2 years ago

Troy was a wimp, and he should have beaten the jackshit out of Thomas and never again talked with that cheating ex wife of his. 1 star (i hate when cheaters win)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nicely written story about a heartless, selfish, narcissistic bitch. She has done nothing to deserve any sort of forgiveness from anyone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yes itis nice to forgive ... even evil bitches like her.. she was never going to change and rationalization is never justification, but it was not badly written.... still it gets a 1 for its character development

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If you wanted to develop an emotionally complicated, self-centered character …. you succeeded. I think the following word best describes her, Bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fairly I’d like to take issue with the comments on make divide; he was a manly man etc. Look at the figures globally and make suicide is very high, higher than suicide among women.

A lot of these victims are ‘manly’ men, service vets, police officers and ordinary men you will meet in day to day life. Some you’d never suspect were suffering depression and anxiety. Because their getting on with it, masking how they feel inside, more and more men are feeling de-valued,!disposable in todays 21st century, not used to showing any weakness for fear of being belittled or facing the disdain of those around them. So your comments are off key,,it’s not all wimps and betas committing suicide or suffering from depression.

And, yeah women are a big cause of make suicide.

Aside, the tale was well written and it’s true people who do bad things often come out ahead in life.

The tale was good, mostly it came across as pretty realist but the wife did come across as a bit narcistic.

She couldn’t understand why he’s not want to be around her family or her friends? Really, couldn’t figure thr humiliation of being the ex. Although she said he had two years of depression she couldn’t figure how they would effect his relationship with her or his kids.

Becoming a part time dad whose kids are effectively being raised by another man, paying child support while both her and her new man have salaries coming in and he gets to live in an apartment on a reduced income.

He didn’t plan activities with the girls? Wrong I know but maybe living a single life while paying his ex a huge monthly amount left him short of money to do shutting with them / it did for me. I lived in a cheap appt eating crap while my ex and her new guy had my house, holidays new cars etc

Yeah he’s bound to be depressed and the fact she got ‘hurt’ cause he said She wasn’t important enough to hurt himself over only shows her self obsessed narscissric nature

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 2 years ago

I could not believe one of your 'Conversations' could score so low. Now I understand why. Having read your first four I can only say I was very disappointed in this one. Especially in light of all of the drivel we've seen in the LW category lately. All this story did was contribute to it. I consider myself a fan of yours and do hope this is just an anomaly. Three stars (which is as low as I grade). I understand that life isn't always fair and happiness isn't always perfect but I read these stories to escape for a little while from the truth of those realities.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Tomas is a piece of crap for going after a married woman. Penny is a bigger piece of crap for cheating on her husband.

mainer42mainer42almost 2 years ago

well written as is your style, BUT.....The wife had it all and then gave it all up and for what? Sad that devotion has no place in her life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

All you need to know about Penny is her definition of a "good man". According to her, Tomas is a "good man". Actually Tomas is a selfish asshole that pursued a married woman, destroyed a marriage, and left two little girls to live the rest of their lives with a broken family.

A better ending to this story would have been for the two girls to turn against their bitch mother and asshole stepfather and make their lives a living hell until they were old enough to get away from these two horrible human beings. If I could write at all I would do a story like this. Unfortunately I am not gifted at writing. Hopefully one of you better authors will take this idea and run with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

wife fucks another man and break up the family and the hubby is at fault.tomas is a good man,after he break up troy family.this what give women bad name.mad at troy, this woman is sick and writer look weak in the head.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

NARCISSISTIC BITCH!!!

KarnevilKarnevilalmost 2 years ago

Very good story. Well written and nicely described, a decent plot and believable characters, but sadly it all left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm about as far from a BTB supporter as they come, but I feel Penny and Tom deserved some kind of comeuppance. I don't think I've read about a woman as hard hearted and selfish as this in many a year. The author tries to give her some redeeming features but I'm afraid it just didn't work. Tom fucked off without a thought for her when they were young but she eagily welcomed him back with open arms - and legs - just because she was having a bad day. As far as I see Troy is better off without the cheating, lying bitch. The fact that he forgave her, and even ended on friendly terms with both her and scum bucket Tom, not to mention paying them maintenance, was just a real downer. But it got the emotions working, and I guess it was also what made it so believable, unfortunately not in a good way.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 2 years ago

Apparently we humans are capable of rationalizing and justifying our most cruel and heartless behavior. I couldn’t help but notice she never bothered to justify her ongoing cheating. Once she succumbed to her lust for Tomas she could, and should, have been honest with her husband. Instead she continued to betray her wedding vows and lie to her husband. Furthermore, her decision to destroy her family so she could fuck Tomas was definitely NOT the first decision she made that put her first. She did that when she refused any contact with Tomas after he flunked out. She did it again when she decided to meet him when he returned. She continued putting herself first every time she fucked her lover over the course of her 9 month affair. She seems to have convinced herself that she only made one selfish decision, but the truth is that rationalization itself is merely the capstone of a whole string of decisions that were cruel and self-serving. I didn’t really enjoy the plot and I have very little respect for your main character, but I have to acknowledge your writing skills. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I look forward to future stories that I can enjoy a little more.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"He was so damn immature and selfish. All he cared about was himself," - Sound like someone we know?

\

Not that it wouldn't still be wrong, but when Tomas returned, and she still had feelings for him, she should have asked for a divorce THEN, not cheat.

\

"I started to allow the feelings I once held for my old boyfriend to return," - Key word there, "allow." She COULD have denied the feelings, that she had made her bed, and it didn't have a lumpy mattress, she should just live with it.

\

"I'm not proud to admit it, but when I married you, I settled." - Then you shouldn't have married him! Stay single until you meet someone who you're not settling" for.

\

She didn't have to tell him that Tomas was back, but as soon as her feelings returned, she had to.

\

"He's still an asshole!" - HE'S an asshole? Pot, meet kettle.

\

"Penny, I've been a dick." - No, he shouldn't be beating up on himself.

\

Just couldn't buy her HEA. When she got that call, I was hoping that it was Tomas who got killed, leaving her alone with three kids.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Later that year, penny catches Tomas in bed with another woman. Heartbroken, she divorces him and finally realizes exactly what she did to Troy. Desperate and alone she goes to Troy, begging him to take her back and you know what. He does take her back… after making her sign a prenup and get lots of therapy to find out exactly why she cheated. She realizes she is a narcissist and after many sessions she comes to the understanding that life isn’t all about her. It’s should be about her family. She tries her best to be a good wife for Troy and a good mother for her girls. It’s rocky at first but it eventually works out. Troy gets his daughters and his wife back with insurance that she will never unjustly leave or cheat on him again

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonalmost 2 years ago

Well written. Penny was always selfish though. Her push for the marriage and kids were for what she wanted, she just then changed her mind on who she wanted later. Good things do happen to bad people. More often than not in reality.

mattenwmattenwalmost 2 years ago

You can tell a story as well as you want, in the end there is only the ideal impression that the content of this story makes. You deserve 5* for your very good work, you deserve 1* for the wrong conclusions you drew!

He has every right to hate his ex and avoid any personal contact with her. He needs to treat his kids differently, that's true, but what right does this vow's breaking slut have for him to treat her normally? It is just as questionable that you burden the injured person even more by letting him have a serious accident, declaring him an orphan and bringing him close to death. In such an exceptional situation, everyone would buckle. Only the statement that "forgiveness" relieves one's own being is completely wrong. It can, but it doesn't have to! Anyone who experiences such evil as your protagonist has the right to hate the person or people who did them harm. Even hatred can have a healing effect!

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 2 years ago

While Penny did the "right" and easy thing for her, it still was the wrong thing do. How can one tell? Often, the wrong action is easy and doing what is right and, dare I say it, the moral action is hard. Her having an affair with Thomas while stilled married to Troy just compounds the wrongness of her actions. This is not a good way to start a new relationship.

-

When she Married Troy she made a commitment. Marriage is more that just wonderful, romantic feelings. It is a commitment made by two people when they vow to stand by each other. If Troy had been abusive, a drunk, a cheater or anything that would betray that commitment, then yes a divorce is warranted. But, Penny divorced her loving, loyal husband for selfish reasons. She betrayed him, he had every reason to turn his back to her, but not to his daughters. That was especially wrong of him to do. A side note, I would have taken the name of my betrayer, of any list that had them as my next of kin.

-

Pasqual

justwetwojustwetwoalmost 2 years ago

Complex story. Thank you for writing this.

She deserved more pain. She blew up their world and didn't care.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

what a stupid bitch he married and that asshole of a Thomas should be taken out back and have his balls removed

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 2 years ago
Well written

But I really didn't like Penny nor the way Troy treated his girls. It's hard for me to rate a story when I dislike the main characters so I didn't leave one. So, I'll just say this. Your approach here was unique, well thought out and well written. Never could get into Penny's head nor did I care to. Thanks for the effort and your hard work.

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

Trying to justify her actions by saying she put everyone b4 herself the whole entire marriage makes it ok huh... What a load of crap and hope he finds his happiness

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She is a selfish lying cheating cunt . No other way to describe her or the scumbag ex that came back to take her and destroy her family. Tomas should’ve got his balls kicked in at least once

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

1* simply because you attempted to make this bitch and her asshole boyfriend into sympathetic characters. You failed miserably and the score shows it.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 2 years ago

Could buy the whole premise of deciding you’re still in love with your first love. And having such strong feelings that you’d leave your Second Choice and marry your fist love. … BUT!!!! You must be honest with your Second Choice and separate/divorce BEFORE you resume fucking your true love!!!!! Her behavior was not forgivable. She fucked him over, disrespected a man who had given her his life. He, in turn, was an asshole for taking it out on his kids, man up!

Well written, captured a lot of emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Having been raised in a religious home, she knows what a mortal sin is, that adultery is one, that she committed it, and what the punishment is. When Peter gives her the thumbs down she'll have eternity to wonder if it was worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She doesn't acknowledge what her selfishness did to her daughters. They certainly suffered. She's a piece of shit.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 2 years ago

Wow! What a shitty bitch with her self justified bullshit conclusion.

Hope she gets ass raped by a moose.

This one was a loser

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'm not smart enough to tell you where this went wrong. Maybe it was her selfishness or decision making process, but the conclusion was terrible.

LWLover60LWLover60almost 2 years ago

Hope Thomas isn't surprised when she eventually cheats on him. Once a cheater, always a cheater. I've seen it many times. Once you cross a line it's hard to go back to the other side. She shouldn't be surprised when Thomas finds a new married woman to cheat on her with for the same reason. Troy, though wronged, is the better off since he doesn't have to live a life of deceit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good guy made onto a bad guy and cheating wife comes off as saint. Too much like real life to enjoy. TC Ireland.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Need an alternate version

EZ8ltEZ8ltalmost 2 years ago

I'm fine with a life goes on story, I'm not fine with delusional bitch tone the story has. As one of the anons said, Tomas isn't a good man, he's a little shit, and she's a bitch. If the guy turns into a bitter asshole, that's on her, and the entire "still love him" thing is also a bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Penny, I've been a dick."

Yes u hve…but a limp dick! She deserves all your scorn for wasting so many years of your life! U should make it ur life’s business to live better and destroy her life in every possible manner! U r a deputy! It should not be difficult! And Tinman is just that …Tin!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Probably a great deal of truth in this tale - proving that all females are self serving and think of no one except their own importance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thanks for the story. I didn’t care for it though. Troy deserved a better ending. Tomas deserved a shitty ending

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

A more realistic ending is that Tomas ends up still being a selfish, self centered asshole. He may have grown up and matured during his time in the army but, that wouldn't change the core of who he is as a person.

She even mentioned that he didn't include her in making decisions for them as a couple and that he wasn't as caring of a person as Troy. If she had already noticed that during the "honeymoon" phase of their relationship it's only going to get worse as time goes along.

Having this end as a happily ever after is worse than a fairytale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She is the person that slams on brakes i bumper to bumper traffic on a 75 mph interstate because she missed her turn, rather than go to the next exit and turn around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is a great story for showing the kind of sick, self-absorbed bitch that some women can be. In fact, this woman, disgusting and horrible as she is, actually shows a bit more self-awareness than many other women.

Hated her. Hated her self-justification. But recognize that the story accurately portrays how some women act and think.

MormonJackMormonJackalmost 2 years ago

No score from me. I'm having a hard time separating the negative story with how well you conveyed the story.

In my own mind, here is the problem: she betrayed him. If she wanted out, she should have said something. Instead, she kept making the betrayal worse, and her betrayal was the poison to her relationship with her husband that she claimed would destroy them. It speaks poorly of her that should would do all of this. Troy was hurt, but in the end, he's better off without that woman. Makes me wonder if she will ever figure that out.

Ah well, it's fiction - I think.

I changed my mind: 5 stars for a well-done tale and being brave enough to put it out .

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylovealmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed your story. Thank you. She is a narcissist and will use any justification to absolve herself of responsibility for the train wreck she caused her ex-husband and children who have been scarred by what she has done. Sometimes “good things happen to bad people” you said at the outset, and I think readers should take this to heart when they evaluate this tale. I think it’s appropriate that her ex apologize to her for his behavior towards their kids, but why to her? What has she done that shows a smidgen or a soupçon of actual recognition of the pain she caused him in all this? Or the desire to make amends? Zero. She went on and lives her life with her soul mate. Oblivious and unempathetic to the trauma she has unleashed on at least four people (kids, ex, her father). That is some serious devastation there.

The idea that she made ONE decision for her…hmmm. The first time she went to lunch with the ex-boyfriend was a decision, as was her decision to say nothing to her husband. And every decision after that involving Tomasz? That is a lot of decisions. Leaving her husband was the last in a long line of decisions that she made for herself… I pity the new guy.

The interesting thing is that she has not changed. I would love to see a sequel that played with her narcissism and her happiness. Someone with this major of a character flaw is not likely to weather a storm in the future—she is not rich enough to buy people off to agree with her! With just a little crack of light into the dark places of her soul as a result, but that might not be possible give her level of delusion and denial.

jamesapplejamesapplealmost 2 years ago

I love your writing style. You have an eye for detail and dialog that are among the best on this site. And I generally enjoy your stories.

All of that being said - I absolutely hated this one. Don't get me wrong, your ability to weave a tale hasn't diminished one iota. But your main character couldn't be more self centered if she tried. I'm hoping there's a followup from someone, anyone, wherein she falls into a wood chipper made of lava, but because of a rupture in the space time continuum, it takes a year to finish her off. She's right up there with Traci Sprague from A Promise Made.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hate the wife and not a fan of the husbands, old or new,

But the story was well written and kept my interest. 4*s

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

I almost gave 5* because the story was a provocative examination of real life. However I ultimately gave the story 4* because I did not think that the examination was complete. Penny was a bad person -- first for marrying someone she did not truly love, and then second for destroying Troy and her family. She was selfish when, having made her choice to marry and have children, she had greater responsibilities than to be happy by hurting others. If she had stayed away from Tomas, he would never had had the opportunity to seduce her. It seemed that author did not sufficiently explore that area.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Follow your heart, no matter who it hurts. When she went to lunch with him the first time, it was a huge mistake. I have a hard time believing she loved her husband. It was a convenient marriage for her at his expense. Her effort to minimize it shows her true character and her father knew it. Screwing a guy for NINE MONTHS before she served him. What a gal.

CriosCriosalmost 2 years ago

This one makes me sooo angry! Selfish bitch. BUT that’s what makes a great story: generating raw emotion. Keep up the great stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The with no return was the writer making of Tomas a good man! No good man goes after a married woman with children. Another big mistake: only a selfish woman would destroy her marriage and the life of her two children, just to reunite with a selfish man. Then came the shitty end. No selfish people would behave like those two did. The only one who understood all this was her father! Poor story... Lowest of the scores! A pity there isn't a lower score than 1*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 2 years ago

I thought this was quite different and well thought out. Nice job.

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

1 star - a really bad idea.

The MC should have just packed up his stuff and moved to the other side of the country and never contacted any of them again. There is no coming back from that kind of complete rejection after ONLY 5 years of marriage.

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 2 years ago
A crock of crap

No man would forgive her or him for this betrayal, but he would never hurt his kids or hold them responsible. Evil walking in the form of woman. Especially considering he was a orphan, she should took away his reason for living.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ouch....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a lying selfish horrible person and she married a guy of such character as to cheat with a married woman. Destroying her kids lives and she helped. Dont divorce first cheat.

It really should be a thing you could sue or arrest someone for destroying a family.

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 2 years ago

lol was expecting more hateful comments lol was a good act of a selfish person then u had the MC apologies to her for behaving badly towards her. apologizing to his kids for acting the way he did to them yes but why to her?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"The winner takes it all

The loser's feeling small."

No wonder Penny's happy and has no regrets: she got it all, never mind who she hurt in the process. "Life isn't always fair:" especially when you're the one being unfair to others! I like your writing, but I hate your protagonist.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 2 years ago

When he apologizes to the slut you lost me. If she wanted no harm to come to her daughters she should have never fucked around that and everything after is on her. His actions are no her. You don't get to tell someone you shit on how they should react. She's a cunt plain and simple and everything is sophistry. *

Frank66Frank66almost 2 years ago

Bullcrap. A good mother sacrifices for her kids. This one felt her whole life was a sacrifice because she wasn't married to her 'first love'. Utter nonsense, complete self-centered bitch. One doesn't cheat on and dump on a 'good man, maybe the best man she knows'. This story, if it was in real life, wouldn't end well for her, nor should it. I'll give the writing a 4, but under protest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She was nothing more than a slut. Shes just trying to justify herself and doing a poor job at it.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 2 years ago

Painful. Like life. When I finished it, I was pissed off. "Not fair!" But, as you stated, 'Good things happening to bad people'. Yes, in LIFE, there is so seldom anything that's black-and-white. Movies and fiction have taught us that the world is always divided into two camps: the all good and the all bad. That does such a disservice to us, but it's what we crave. We want it to be simple, when just the opposite is true. In each of us, we have good and evil continually battling. We're all equal measures Troy and Penny. Your story captured that most succinctly!!

.

If this was a collaboration with all the aforementioned, then it was a helluva good one. 5++++++/5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The 1* votin' smooth-brains are out in force!! "Durp! I din't like yer story, so yer stoopid an' uhm givin' yewww a onnne!"

doejohnny64doejohnny64almost 2 years ago

If you wanted us to despise her, you did a great job. She's a narcissist and deserves to be burned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You know what ever happened. Your narcissist self says one makes you happy but the other supposedly makes you happier. Is life really only about you?

shopratshopratalmost 2 years ago

The author presented a picture of an mc with absolutely no insight about what a horrible human she is. She will have no clue even at the end. She thinks everyone has adjusted and that all is well. But whether you believe in an afterlife or just informally that what goes around comes around she is going to hell but doesn't know it and will never see it coming. A well crafted story but terribly depressing.

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 2 years ago

Brothers in Blue separate her from Tomas, who leaves town with the understanding that any contact with her will bring pain and suffering to both of them.

She finds herself always on LE's radar until she withdraws her petition. Even money the divorce is restarted when kids are gone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bitches and whores.

Rocket081960Rocket081960almost 2 years ago

I don’t agree with what Penny did, but the writing is excellent. Thanks

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 2 years ago

Failed to address the fact that Thomas NEVER became half the man Troy was. Troy would not have chased a married woman. The fact that this never entered her thinking shows that she was just as shallow as young Tomas.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 2 years ago

Well-rendered, but left feeling pretty ambivalent about it. Realistic portrayals of selfish people who spend most of the story justifying their actions are a tough act to pull off. The craft is definitely better than most of the fare on the site, but the impact less so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You never know when the one and only fokin‘Karma will strike. And it will, mostly at the sweetest moment in life. It will.

Captcha

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 2 years ago

Ehhh...maybe more realistic than some stories, but it does not make the MC any less of a selfish cunt. Why in all the stories similar to this does the woman tell him why. Why not just say your unhappy and leave. The reason or the long lost love, lighting strike, or true love excuse is only to ease their conscious. The man understanding and accepting it is about as rare as the martian slut ray.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

what secretsal said makes perfect sense. it was a well written story of selfish people trying to ease their conscious by justifying their actions every which way. still, in the end, as a reader, it's definitely off-putting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That why never marry a traumatized women. Marry a virgin. All are hoe's now. Useless to commit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Something like, I never meant it to happen. Yes you did, you allowed another to get into your and and then you allowed yourself to leave your husband alone. You did it because you took your mind off your marriage with two kids and made time to involve yourself with another person. Yep, sure it just happened.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTinman_1903@Tinman_1903
9.8.22. Hey everyone, I love getting feedback from everyone, no matter if you enjoyed the story or not. I feel an author has done their job if readers have a strong reaction to the story, whether positive or negative, please keep responding to the new stories published. I ha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES