Dakota's Surprise Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Do you think we could get an extension on your lease for a couple of months? I think we need a little more time to find what we want."

"Yeah, I could call the leasing office and probably get a three-month extension."

"I think we are going to need to reconsider our plans and start looking for a house."

"A house, really? Are you sure about that?"

"I think so. Dakota," Rose put her hand on Dakota's arm "um... how do I say this, we are going to need a nursery."

"A WHAT!"

"Dakota, I'm two weeks late. And I just took the test."

"HOW COULD YOU ROSE. HOW COULD YOU GO BEHIND MY BACK!" Dakota took off and slammed the door to the bedroom and buried her face in her pillow. Rose came in and could hear Dakota's muffled cries about "Why me, why do people keep cheating on me?" Rose realized what was going through Dakota's mind and stories of Hailey came forth in her mind. She sat on the bed and rubbed Dakota's back.

"Dakota honey, I didn't cheat on you."

Snuffling, Dakota sat up. Her eyes were red, tears still rolled down her face. "Huh?"

"I didn't cheat on you, Dakota."

"But how did you get pregnant then? I can't have kids."

"Well, doctors have made mistakes before."

"You mean..." Dakota blinked her eyes a few times, trying to absorb and come to grips with the reality of the situation.

"Yes, you are going to be a daddy, well a mommy who fathered a child."

Dakota just sat there, surprised at the revelation. This was so unexpected it took time to sink in.

"Are you sure? Pregnant?"

"Does the sunrise in the east? Yep, I'm preggers. I have an appointment with Dr. Vu tomorrow. Do you want to join me?"

"Of course. Oh, my goodness, wait until my mom hears this. I think she gave up hope of being a grandma years ago when I came out of the closet. Expect her to want to be delivery room with us."

"Well, it will probably be a good thing, us doctors make terrible patients." Dakota sat up and kissed the future mother of her child.

Rose looked at the ceiling, "My sister is going to hate me. My mom pinned all her hopes for grandchildren on her. The poor girl felt so much pressure. I will never live this down." Dakota smiled and for the first time recognized the glow that pregnant women have.

____________________

Two weeks later, Dakota and Rose pulled into the driveway at Rachel and Linda's house. It was just past midnight as they had started the 7-hour drive to Dakota's Mom's house later than expected because of a patient emergency at the hospital. Everyone was tired, so they just said hello and went to bed.

Dakota woke to Rose scampering out of bed and running to the bathroom. Figuring what was coming next, she grabbed a wet washcloth and a glass of water and had them at the ready when Rose finished heaving. Rachel, hearing noises, came down the hall and peered through the open bathroom door to see Rose sitting next to the toilet, and Dakota holding the washcloth to her forehead.

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine now," mumbled Rose. "I must have been more tired than I thought, I didn't expect this to start for a few more weeks."

"Rose, if I didn't know better, I would say you were suffering from morning sickness."

"Well mom," Dakota gave her that look with her eyebrows raised. "We were going to tell you today, but... Surprise Grandma."

"EEEEEEEEEEE! LINDA!"

____________________

That Christmas was a special time for the two. They took a break from setting up their new house to fly out to the Bay Area to spend the holiday with Rose's family. Rose's parents fell in love with Dakota and she listened to Rose's older sister Lily to tell stories about her growing up. Christmas day was a rowdy affair as Lily's two kids howled with delight as they opened their presents. There were a number as well for the expecting couple. As the flurry of wrapping paper settled, Rose handed Dakota a large white box with a simple green bow on it.

Dakota's face lit up as she opened it and realized what it was.

"Rose, it matches your dress." Dakota held up the traditional Persian dress, this one in green, that had the same pattern as the red one Rose wore to the Captain's table on the cruise. She held it up to her, Rose's mum and dad smiled. Then Rose motioned to Dakota to join her by the tree.

"I think there is one more package that we missed sitting here in the tree." She reached in and pulled out a small box and handed it to Dakota. "Open it."

Dakota's hand trembled as she unwrapped it and a small velvet box appeared. Inside was an oval cut diamond ring ringed with emeralds. Rose broke the silence, "Dakota Wallace, you have made me the happiest woman in the world, and I was wondering if you would spend the rest of your life with me. Will you marry me?"

"Rose Kazmi, I would love to be your wife." As the two kissed, Rose's mom put her hand on her shoulder.

"Welcome to the family, dear. We are so excited for you both."

____________________

Epilogue-24 years later

Heather Kazmi-Wallace parked her car and bounded up the steps to the front door and flung it open. "Mom! Mum! Are you home?"

"Heather, what are you doing here? What's going on? Everything ok honey?"

"He did it, mom, he finally did it. Look!" She held out her hand to show Dakota the small engagement ring on her finger. "Michael finally proposed. Where's mum?"

"Your mum should be getting out of a procedure about now, it will be two hours before she gets home today. Oh, I am so excited for you two." Dakota hugged her daughter.

Dakota chatted with Heather for a while when her phone rang.

"Hi, Hailey... yes, Heather just told us... Exciting news, I know. Who would have thought our children would find each other and end up getting engaged? It is going to be such fun planning a wedding with you... Hey, got to go, Rose is getting home, got to tell her the news... Talk to you soon. Give my love to Nick and Michael. Love you, dear."

____________________

Dear Reader,

Thank you for staying with my friend Dakota until the end of her story. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did to write it. The story dealt with several tough issues, none of which I have experienced firsthand. I did my best to research them and portray them in as respectful of a manner as I could. However, if you feel I missed the mark somewhere, please drop me a PM and let me know. I am always open to listening to differing opinions, and if needed, changing mine.

Again, I am indebted to my reviewers and editors, especially NaughtyDragon. This work would be of a much lower quality if he had not spent time on this project and provided valuable feedback.

I hope, if you like this series, you will give it a positive vote and maybe leave a comment. I hope to see you in the future on these pages.

Be well dear Reader,

~mfan2112