All Comments on 'Dangerous Dongs - A Halloween Parody'

by Rodofrohit

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
RodofrohitRodofrohit7 months agoAuthor

I have always wondered why a Halloween story has to have horror and scary masks as essential elements. Why can't it be about fun and comedy? This desire to explore the comic side of Halloween led me to write this story. There is no horror, no scary masks, no stereotype in this story. And instead of comedy, it has been written in the form of a parody.

A round table discussion with my corporate buddies during the pandemic revealed a shocking truth. Most corporate employees DO NOT read their Employee Manuals in full since it runs into hundreds of pages. They sign acceptance blindly. This flaw was exploited by corporates during the pandemic in laying off millions of employees under ambiguous clauses such as "Force Majeure", "Act of God" etc. To me, that sounded like the ultimate horror. And the idea for this parody was born.

I have written it in the form of a play instead of a story. In 3 acts. Feedback will be highly appreciated.

Norway_1705Norway_17057 months ago

Dear Rodofrohit, here is the feedback you asked for.

Your style is very effective and mocking the "bets" on Red Sox games is a brilliant idea. And the service elevator is used only by blue collars! And Tony and Jeremy, crying after being fired! And overtime payment... And how to win the Award For Young... ...and Aesop in the final lines...

Kudos! Don't stop: keep publishing.

I see you started publishing a few months ago. These are the hardest months. The public does not know you and few people have automatic "Follow". Hang in there.

Also, add "CMNF" to the TAGs expressing "Jeff is fully clothed, Mike is fully clothed, and I am stark naked" (very good!).

If I may make a suggestion, the right category for your text was "Humor and satire." Readers of "Group Sex" take a very serious approach: they like stunts, displays of athletic virtuosity, and psycho dynamics between dominant individuals and a complex hierarchy of "subordinate" levels as in the military or Big Corporations.

In my opinion, the supernatural is not scary; it is only the charlatans who have been using conjurer's tricks to fool people for centuries. However, I think I understood that the Site administrators intended to gather a good number of stories on the theme of "Erotic Horror" into one contest. The instinctive pairing of "Death and Love" (or between funerals and baptisms) is the first sparkle that drives the tribe to reproduce. However I agree with you that the real horrors are perpetrated by capitalism (HR and COO) against workers, and in the US more than in Europe.

Alongside the horror theme is the theme of disguise, of the costume party. Theoretically one could disguise oneself even at Christmas (the movie “Batman 2” with Danny De Vito) or at a themed party, even a birthday party. According to some psychologists, we all wear masks every day of the year. And to reflect on this idea, it would be much more horrifying than some poor guy with a chainsaw.

-

Please don't worry about the low grades or lack of comments. It is too early. The best comments on my stories usually come after three to six months. Carefully avoid the "Loving Wives" Category: readers are angry gatekeepers out of control. Better with the "Fetish" category (readers are aware they are marginalized, so they are more understanding) or the "Erotic Couple" category (which also accepts less mundane stories with strangers having sex for no reason, like Tony and Jeremy). If you want lots of views, write "incest" in the title don't know why, readers flock in the tens of thousands. Any level of kinship is accepted: even Cousin Olaf with Cousin Dolores, as long as they are related, even sharing only a great-grandfather (1 in 8) (which, reflecting on the idea of the movie "Six Degrees of Separation," we will eventually find out that we are both Lynda Carter's cousins) (kind of like introducing at a party, Warren Beatty to Shirley MacLaine).

I'm afraid I must reveal that one of the Categories with the least readership is true "Sci-Fi & Fantasy": which, however, in turn, might turn out to be as successful as "Humor and Satire" as a Parody of Serious Sci-Fi!

Forgive me if I always write too much. My son says I never shut up.

Keep posting! We need sharp, insightful people who laugh at stereotypical scenarios!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Hilarious kiddo!

RodofrohitRodofrohit7 months agoAuthor

@ Norway_1705

First of all, a big Thank You for having my back, showing appreciation for my work, and most importantly, egging me on to keep submitting stories. All your advice is priceless. And yes, looking back I do feel "Humor and Satire" would have been a more appropriate category for this story. You have my gratitude for pointing that out.

I am not unduly perturbed by the low ratings or readership. I am not chasing numbers anyway. I appreciate people like you who are capable of critically analyzing a story, to casual random readers who may read by the dozen, but do not take the time to review or analyze. A REJECTION FROM THE WISE IS WORTH FAR MORE THAN ACCEPTANCE FROM FOOLS.

Therefore, I don't foresee myself writing under "Incest" or "Loving wives" categories. However, I do look forward to reading your works and to your feedback on my next story. I can't thank you enough for your invaluable inputs and advice. If this is the time for me to take baby steps on Literotica, I would rather do it holding your fingers than without.

Keep suggesting ways for me to improve.

Thanks & regards

rodofrohit

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous