Dan's Story Pt. 03 - Everything Goes Awry

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lorena: "Sam with you?"

Dan: "Nope, I'm by myself." He explains they're just back from course and Marie's still in Ontario. He's lonely and looking for something to do.

Lorena: "Well, you could start by dancing with me." she smiles.

Dan: "O.K., let's do it." He takes her arm and they start dancing. She likes to dance close and Dan finds it feels good. "So, where's Jack tonight?"

Lorena: (looking up at him and grinning) "Didn't you see him? He's back at the table passed out. I guess he doesn't show up too much in the shadows."

Dan: "Oh! No, I didn't see him. Will he be alright to drive you home?"

Lorena: "Huhhh, you know Jack! He'll make it. His brother's not in much better shape. Say, your a pretty fair dancer, Curley." She reaches up and kisses him on the neck.

Dan likes it and weaves his way around the floor with her pressed against him. They stand, hand in hand and wait for the next dance to begin. "Your wife is a fool!" Lorena murmurs. Dan looks at her but she looks away. The music begins and they fit themselves to each other again to dance. As they move around the floor, the colored lights play on their shoulders and they are in perfect harmony. Lorena lifts her hand behind Dan's head and moves it up his neck. She draws his head down and kisses him as they move in unison. It is a long kiss with meaning and for Dan, the meaning is plain. He feels his ardor rub against her lower stomach. She feels it too and shifts her hips as they dance so they rub against each other. He breaks off the kiss and tries to look prim and proper but he knows he's red.

Lorena chuckles a bit and whispers, "It doesn't bother me, Curley. Relax and enjoy the dance. I like the feel of a strong male presence against me." She shifts her hips again and Dan feels a strong resurgence of his ardor. It must be pushing in her pelvis now because she has started to dance on her toes and has thrown her other hand around his neck to support herself. They move between the other dancers and she lays her head on his chest. As the music is coming to a close she reaches up and kisses him again.

Many other couples are continuing their embrace while waiting for the next dance so Dan and Lorena do not look out of place as she continues to stay in their dancing position.

Lorena: "Don't worry, Dan. I won't step away and expose you. Soon we'll dance and enjoy some more."

Dan manages to get things under control and leads her to the table after the next dance. She smiles and says, "See, I told you he was here. And his brave brother is passed out on this side of the table. I wish Sam was here."

Dan gets up and says he's going to the bar. He goes to a phone and calls the barracks. The guy who answers says Sam has gone to the wets. Dan calls there next and when he gets Sam on the line he explains what's going on there. Sam says he'll be right down on the bus. Dan gets some beer and goes back to the table. Lorena is glad for a fresh beer and offers him chips.

Lorena: "If you think you can take it, I wouldn't mind dancing again later." She pulls him closer and says, "Don't be embarrassed by your hard on. Its natural and it feels good against a woman's body. It boosts her ego to know she's still desirable. I'm really flattered by you having that reaction. You have a very pretty wife, and sexy too, I'll bet." Dan stays by her side and they drink some more beer. They talk about town gossip and the subject of Mary and Emory comes up.

Lorena: "She's quite big now and everyone is wondering if he will marry her or take off. Often the guys run away to Ontario or Quebec, telling everyone they're looking for work, but we know better. They're just running out on the girl."

After a while Dan figures Sam must be on his way. He asks Lorena to dance and they move out among the others. She throws both arms around his neck and he puts his around her, cupping her bottom and pulling her to him. Hard and steady meets warm and resilient. He runs his hands up her back and they dance like this for quite a while. She loves the feel of him and she reaches up to kiss him. They kiss hard and Dan feels a hand on his shoulder, "May I cut in." Dan steps away bowing as she molds herself to Sam. She whispers, "Thank you, Dan." and he sidles to the dark wall on the washroom side of the hall. He goes around to the bar then back to the table.

Jack is half awake and says, "Hiyear, Dan."

Dan says, "Hi yourself, Jack." He sits down and Jack's head goes back down on the table. He sips his beer.

As the dance is finishing, Sam asks Dan to come with them. He shrugs and says, "Why not." The five of them load into Jack's car and they take his brother, Harvey, home. Then they go out to Jack's place. He's got some more beer for them to try. Sam whispers to Dan when they get out, "Try to keep him passed out drunk or otherwise occupied." Dan nods. They go in the house and Lorena goes behind the curtain while Jack gets out his special brew.

He pours four glasses and they each try it. Lorena's sits untouched. Dan talks to him about the fishing in the harbor and Jack drinks the brew. Dan pushes Lorena's glass near his hand and soon he has drank it, too. He mumbles and goes on but his head is nodding and it finally falls to his hands. Lorena comes out in a housecoat and smiles at Dan. She blows him a kiss as she takes Sam's arm and they go through the curtain.

Dan watches Jack that he doesn't wake up because after a while there is quite an assortment of noises from behind the curtain. When the tumult seems to be at its peak, Jack mumbles something and slightly raises his head. He half opens his eyes and Dan smiles and lifts his glass to him. His head falls back and Dan sighs a sigh of relief. Shortly thereafter Lorena lets out a squeal and Dan is sure Jack'll wake, but he doesn't. Soon the curtain parts and Sam comes out.

He whispers to Dan, "Your turn. She's waiting for you. I'll keep an eye on him." Dan shakes his head no, but Sam prods him so he goes through the curtain. Lorena is sitting in front of the dresser in a sheer open dressing gown and brushing her hair. She's cleaned herself up and doesn't even look like she's been sweating. She whispers as Dan studies her breasts in the mirror, "Give me a minute to freshen myself up a bit more for you, Dan." Her eyes meet his in the mirror and she smiles.

Dan: "Lorena, Lorena, I could have raped you on the dance floor tonight, I wanted you so bad. But I can't. I love my wife and could not live with myself if I betrayed her."

Lorena studies him in the mirror for a moment and half turning she lays her hand on the front of his pants. "I think you could." she whispers. "Your as hard as rock. But it's your decision. I'm here for you." she turns back to the mirror and starts brushing her hair again. He studies her nude form in the mirror, then nods to her as he leaves. She smiles sadly.

Sam can't believe it. As Dan drives him to the base he says, "What is it? What's wrong? I went first? That never bothered you before! For crying out loud, man. No one will ever know. She's not going to advertise what happens. Marie's playing games on you and you know it. Why this 'give me two more weeks because my mother wants me to stay and she's paying for my visit' bullshit? She pulled this before. I don't understand. I like Marie and all, but if you marry the man, you need to stand by him! That's my feelings. If I was married and my wife pulled that shit on me once, I'd be in somebody else's panties like that!" He snaps his finger.

Dan drops him off and goes home. He's exhausted so he gets Marie's picture and holds it to his chest as he goes to sleep.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 17: 1800

Dan is dining out at the Midtown and runs into the kids again. Mary's big with child and Emory is closely guarding her from public comment. You can tell he defies anyone to say anything. Dan invites Mary to sit and Emory stands behind her watching him eat.

Dan: "When's the big day?"

Mary: "We think it'll be born in January."

Dan: "Not the day I had in mind. I mean the wedding?" Mary looks confused and looks up at Emory. He says, "Not going to be no wedding." She continues to look up at him.

Dan: "That's not what I heard!"

Emory: "What you talking about? What you heard?"

Dan: "Sit down, Emory. I have something to tell you."

Emory sits on the edge of the chair next to Mary. He looks belligerent.

Dan: "Your not marrying her because your broke and you have no place to call home. You want to marry her and you will. Now, listen up. I want that garage at the crossroads and I want it bad for my old Plymouth. The landlord's not happy with it in his yard. I'll give you three hundred dollars to get your stuff out of it this week, ...providing you use the money to marry this girl on Saturday, at your United Church. Are you still living in that crate on the docks?"

Emory is looking subdued and Mary is looking elated.

Emory: "Yeah."

Dan: O.K. When I'm done lunch we're going to visit an old friend of mine. I think you two will have a home by tonight! What do you think? Want to get married?"

Emory: "I don't know what to say. I do want to marry her." he turns to Mary, "Would you marry me?"

Mary: (smiling with tears in her eyes) "Ohhh yes!"

Dan: (holding his hand out to Emory) "We got a deal?"

Emory shakes his hand and says "Deal!"

Dan finishes his lunch and pays for it. They leave and he drives them down to the harbor to the vine covered house. He gets the old lady to the door and asks if her apartment is vacant. He knows it has been for months. She says yes. Is it still furnished, he asks and she says it is. The rent is cheap so he pays two months. He waves to Marie and Emory and they come up the walk.

Dan: "These are the new tenants. Meet Mary and Emory."

Landlady: "Now just a minute, I know that useless boy and he's not stepping foot in my place. Sorry, my dear," she says to Mary.

Dan: "I paid the rent and I'll vouch for them. That's that! Come on, lets take a look at what I've gotten you into." Mary cautiously climbs the stairs behind Dan and Emory follows, keeping a close eye on her. Dan produces the key and hands it to Mary. She unlocks the door and they go inside.

Mary: "Its all furnished. Oh Em, our own place." She looks so happy that Dan gets a lump in his throat. He turns and shakes Emory's hand again and whispers, "Saturday, the United Church. I'll be there and you better be there. I'll have the money for you tomorrow. I'll bring it over in the evening." He leaves.

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19: 2100

Dan is in the wets with Clay and Sam. They guzzle beer but are not loaded. Around 2300 someone suggest a run into the Midtown. They hit the restaurant and Clay starts hitting on the waitress. Dan's seen her before and she's quite cute. He remembers that she's divorced and has a boy about three. Clay is trying his luck and seems to be getting somewhere. Around midnight two girls come in and Dan remembers they are the two who were hitchhiking out by the cross roads. The brunette is a real knock out and Sam's immediately taken by her. They offer them a place to sit down and Sam's glad they're still in uniform. The girls conveniently oblige.

Brunette: "Hi, I'm Irene and this is Mel. Melaney, say hi to the guys." She giggles and says hi. They get introduced all around and Clay goes off to the counter to work on the waitress.

Sam: "We just came from the wets at the base. Ever been there?" Irene says yes and Mel is mixed up.

Sam: "Maybe you would like to go out to the dance on Friday night at the wets. Irene says yes and Mel decides she might as well.

They have a coke and take it outside. They wander down to Gaudette's and walk around the parking lot chatting. Sam manages to get an arm around Irene's neck and they wander back to the restaurant.

Irene: "Where's your car, Sam?"

Sam has to admit he's riding with Dan. She asks Dan if she can get a ride out to the base. Ha, he thinks, PMQs brat, but gorgeous. Melaney says she has to get home so if Irene has a ride, she'll take off. She leaves in her fifty one Volkswagen blowing oil.

Dan says something about it's actually his wife's car because he doesn't want these girls getting ideas that he's available.

Irene: "So, where is she now? Shouldn't you be home or is this the boy's night out?"

Dan slams the car door when he gets in and says, "You want a ride, get in!" Sam takes her around the car to the passenger side and on the way explains she's hit a sore spot. He explains about Marie's prolonged absences. He scoots her in between him and Dan, and Dan leaves rubber as he roars into the night. They drop her off at the large house just past the crossroads towards the ocean. She says she lives there with her grandmother. Dan drops Sam off and he's still raving about what a doll she is.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 21: 2100

Instead of hitting the wets tonight, Dan has talked Sam into helping him move the car out to the crossroads garage. They check on their way into town to make sure the power is on, then go on in for the car. They back the Plymouth out onto the street, then hook a chain between it and the Ford. No plates so they'll have to tow it.

Sam jumps in the Plymouth to steer and checks the brakes and lights. All are in order. He'll let the Plymouth idle, so he can use the tail lights. He puts on the parking lights and Dan starts pulling him away. They stick to the back streets and only hit the highway when they are nearly out by Jack's place.

They reach the garage without incident and Dan parks the car inside. Emory has cleaned out his stuff and Dan gave him the three hundred on Monday night. He hopes all goes well this Saturday.

They close up the garage and Dan drives Sam to the wets. Clay is there and asks him about a dispute he had with the Sarge at work today.

Dan: "It wasn't even our job! The idiot sends me out to check out a fault in a tracker. I'm supposed to be working on the Argus. I crawl all through the damn thing to find it was Flight Engineer's error. I reported it that way and the Sarge was mad. Said I couldn't put it that way on the report. Told him to shove it. Said he would put me on charge. I said 'Great', the old man would like to hear how his precious air crew screw up at times. He let me go with a warning. Piss on him!"

He quaffs some more beer and the conversation comes around to tomorrow night. Clay says he's taking his waitress out so he wishes them luck. Sam says he feels lucky. Dan says he'll dance with Mel and buy her a few beers, but she can find her own way home. Dan says he's calling it a night early because he wants to start some body work tomorrow on the Plymouth.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22: 1450

Dan is at the garage working on the fender with a power sander. He's working around a rust spot checking for good solid metal. He has the double doors open for light and ventilation. A shadow falls over his shoulder. "Need a hand, soldier?" It's Irene. She has parcels in her arms, and she's dressed in tight blue jeans, a tight sweater and her hair drawn back in a pony tail. "Been shopping for tonight", she says.

Irene: "Just got off the bus and thought I'd stop for a rest. Got a smoke?"

Dan tosses her his pack and goes back to work. She sits on an old carseat and watches him. He thinks "Lucky Sam! Is she ever an armful!" Soon she stands and arches her back in a stretch that makes his eyes pop. She flicks the butt out the door and says, "See ya at eight ...Don't be late." and she leaves.

Dan groans and says to himself, "Oh God, Sam! Don't offer to share that one with me."

A little later Sam comes by and watches what he's doing. They decide to go to town for supper and a beer at Dan's while he cleans up for the dance. Everything works out as planned and they arrive at Sam's barracks around seven thirty. Dan goes in with him and Sam heads for the shower.

Dan: "Thought you were just going to get changed?"

Sam: (in the shower)"Lucky tonight, lucky tonight, Irene's just right, I hope she's tight", he sings and adds, "How about that Dan, a poet and a singer!" he laughs.

Dan: "Don't take all night. I'm going over and see if they're there yet. See ya over at the wets."

He looks for Mel's Volks in the parking lot but doesn't see it. He runs into Clay in the doorway.

Dan: "Thought you were going sparking with your gal. Where is she?"

Clay: "Inside. I'll explain when I get back." He heads for the parking lot.

Dan catches a glimpse of Irene across the smoke hazed room. She has on a shimmery blouse, full black skirt and a fancy bow in her hair that matches the filmy scarf on her neck. He smiles all the way across the room till he faces her. "I didn't see Mel's car out there?"

Irene: "It broke down. Mel arranged to get us a ride with Clay and Bev." She stands and says, "Are you going to ask me to dance?" and backs him onto the floor.

As they move Dan says, "You look gorgeous tonight!"

Irene: "Flatterer! But keep it up. I could dance all night here in your arms." He draws her to him and they dance cheek to cheek. He whispers, "Sam's not going to be happy. He's on his way over and he really has a thing for you."

They come back to the table at the end of the dance and Dan avoids Sam's smoldering eyes. Irene sits down with Mel and Dan sits across the table. She reaches in her purse and tosses him his cigarettes. "I'm sorry I forgot to give these back to you this afternoon. Did you get much work done on the car?" she says sweetly.

Sam grabs Melaney's hand and says, "I thought you wanted to dance?" They go to the floor and Irene nods for Dan to take her seat. Dan shakes his head no. He broods over his beer. When he gets up to go to the can, Irene catches him by the door and asks if he is alright. He says he is so she says to hurry because she wants another dance with him before break. He goes inside and Sam comes in.

Sam: "What's with you, buddy. Get up and dance a bit. Your mopping is putting a damper on the party." Dan gives some thought to the situation and seems to make up his mind about something.

"Your right!" he says and leaves.

He goes right back to the table and nods at Irene to join him on the dance floor. She does and they dance together till intermission. She comes back to the table and gets her wrap, then joins Dan out on the terrace. They walk to a dark corner by the rail and watch the moon rising over the sea.

She tells him a bit about herself. She's twenty one, lives with her grandmother in the big house, her parents live in Charlottetown and she had to move to her grandmothers because she had a child out of wedlock.

Dan tells her about his family in Ontario, his wife and son, his brothers and sisters. They gaze at the moon, near full and fully risen. "Isn't it beautiful." she says, and he, gazing at her face says, "Beautiful beyond compare!" Her deep dark blue eyes look into his lighter blue eyes and he closes his mouth over hers. He draws her close and her arms encircle his neck. She arches against him and he stands firm to her advance. They cling together in the moonlight as if enchanted.

They pull apart and both say together, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have. I'm (Your) married..." they laugh together with their hands linked to each others. For a moment they regard each other, then as if by mutual consent they come together again.

This time their tongues entwine and search each others' mouths, their hips strain against each other, pelvises crushing together. Dan has a very hard erection and Irene strains her body against it, rolling her hips to create movement. This time when they pull apart they remain in each others arms, bodies pressed tightly together.

Irene: "Do you have a pipe in your pants pocket..."

Dan: "Oh God! Irene! Irene... you are the most beautiful creature I've ever seen. What are we to do?"