Dan's Story Pt. 04 - Conclusion

Story Info
Dan reflects on a life wasted.
59.6k words
3.93
3.4k
2
0

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/25/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dan's Story:

Part 4: Conclusion

a screenplay by davebccanada

copyright 1999

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9: 0400

Quietly they sneak out of the house to the car. Irene carries Danny pressed to her bosom and slips into the front seat ahead of Dan. He slides in behind her but doesn't slam the door. Holding the handle he starts the car and lets it idle into the street, then pulls ahead and around the corner as he puts on the lights and closes his door.

Dan: "I don't think a soul could have heard us. We're away and all's well! Wow, I was afraid that Betty might catch us at some time, but we were lucky."

Irene: "It has been such a wonderful week. I'm just sorry it can't last longer, but I'm glad that Marie's well enough to come home today and Iris, too. Now I have to put your housecoat and slippers away again. Will we ever have another time to use them, Dan?"

Dan:(flippantly) "I don't think they'd be appropriate for the garage." he chuckles. Danny has tugged at the front of her blouse and it has become unbuttoned. He is pulling at a breast and Irene grins, "Just like his father!"

Dan glances over and laughs. They all laugh.

Dan unloads her luggage for her and carries it to the door. They embrace and kiss by the car. He promises to call and she waves as he leaves.

Dan pulls in home as quiet as he can, shutting off the lights and ignition before turning in. The car coasts to a stop and he unloads Danny. They go into the house and he undresses him for bed. Danny settles down and Dan goes through the house on a search for anything out of place that might indicate someone else has been there. In the bathroom he finds some soiled tissues in the garbage that might give them away. In the living room he finds a white sock that he's not sure of. Is it Marie's? Not worth the chance. It goes into a bag with the tissue. He looks under the cushions on the couch, under the edge of carpets, everywhere he can think. He ends up back in the bedroom. Checking the bed he finds stains and a wet spot, black hairs on the pillow and traces of lipstick. He strips the bed and fills the washing machine. While they're washing he makes the bed with fresh linen.

Then he sits down in the kitchen at the table with a beer and tries to think of anything he might have overlooked. He starts over again with the bathroom. Black hairs in Marie's hair brush, he removes them; black hair imbedded in the soap in the shower, he washes the soap to remove them; he can find nothing else there.

He moves to the living room and comes up empty handed. Next the kitchen and dining area. In the garbage are lipstick stained cigarette butts and tissues; Dan removes the garbage and inserts a clean bag. Next the laundry room where he finds the mate to the sock that was under the couch. It's down between the washer and dryer. He is fairly certain they are Marie's but better safe than sorry. He dumps that sock into the garbage bag with the other.

He pulls the bedding out of the washer and puts it into the dryer. He checks the spare room. Nothing. Now the master bedroom again.

He notices that the sun has come up and it's going to be a bright day. Carefully he searches their bedroom again and comes up empty. Finally he lays down across the bed.

Around nine Danny wakes him with his cry. Dan gets up, changes him and gets him something to eat. He's fussy and Dan figures he wants Irene's attentions. "Sorry, Tiger, I'd like her attentions too, this morning, but we're both out of luck." Just then Betty raps on the door and Dan goes to let her in.

Dan: "Well, good morning. Come on in. Want some coffee?"

Betty: "O.K." she speaks to Danny, "How are you this morning, Daniel? Missing Mommy? She's going to be home today." She speaks to Dan, "I'll finish feeding him here for you." She takes up the spoon and he eats for her as good as gold.

Dan sits her coffee on the table but she is slurping from his as she feeds Danny. He fixes hers for himself. He sits down beside Betty and watches her feed the baby as he drinks his coffee. "He was fussy for me. What's your secret? Must be the pretty face."

Betty:(turning with a mischievous smile) "Of course! Haven't you noticed."

Dan": "Your an imp! You have an impish smile, bewitching eyes and only a witch could wrinkle her nose like you do. I think you're a good witch. Tell me, are you?"

Betty: "When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad ... You figure out the rest." she giggles and goes back to feeding Danny. Dan says nothing. She leans back against him and says, "Aren't you going to finish it for me?"

Dan: "Be careful, little imp, my wife has been away for almost a week now. I might grab you and carry you to my lair." He tries to look like a hungry wolf.

Betty just laughs and says, "I'm going to tell your wife on you if you do. So there!"

Dan: "She would just feel sorry for me and say she doesn't blame me for being horny around you. That you got what you deserved. So there!"

Betty half turns and sticks her tongue out at Dan as he does the same to her. She turns back to Danny and Dan slides his arm around her waist and draws her back against him again. She doesn't move as his hand moves up to her ribs but she whispers, "Are you thinking what I think your thinking." She glances up and back at him.

Dan:(holding her tight) "That all depends on what you think I'm thinking." he grins down at her.

Betty: "I think your thinking what I think your thinking and I think I better get out of here before its too late to think any more." She pulls away from him and puts Danny's dish in the sink, getting up to do so.

Dan: "Can you look after Danny this afternoon while I pick up Marie and Iris? She's to be released around four."

She turns and comes close to him again saying, "Bring him up any time. I'll be home all day." She leans forward and kisses Dan on the lips, then quickly ducks away and says as she goes out the door, "See you later. Behave yourself!"

Dan calls after her, "What else can I do?"

Dan puts the baby in his playpen and does up the few dishes. He brings a sci-fi novel to the living room and sits reading with Danny close by. He dozes off to sleep and wakes around noon. Danny is asleep so he quietly gets some lunch; a sandwich and a beer. When Danny wakes up around one Dan changes him and feeds him some baby food. He bundles him up and takes him up to Betty's.

Dan: "I thought that if you weren't busy, I'd leave him with you now and go down to see Emory and Mary for a bit before I go to get Marie. He's had lunch and will probably sleep most of the afternoon, although he has slept for an hour or two this morning. Will he bother you if he doesn't sleep?"

Betty: "Oh no. That's all right." To Danny, "Your going to play with me all afternoon, aren't you?"

Dan: "Well, I better get going then."

Betty: "Won't you have a coffee or anything."

Dan: "Any thing?"

Betty: "You know what I mean."

Dan: "No, I'll leave before he realizes I'm going. It'll make it easier for you. Catch you later."

Betty: "Only if your quick!" She wrinkles her nose and sticks her tongue out at him. He blows her a kiss and leaves.

Dan thinks as he goes to the car, "I should have kissed her again. I bet she'd have loved it. Oh well, maybe next time."

He drives down to Mary and Emory's place. Mary is happy to see him and insists he have tea. Emory is out but she expects him back at any time. Dan looks in on Kevin as he sleeps. He steps back out to the kitchen and says, "He looks healthy. How are you now, Mary?"

Mary: "I'm fine. Emory worries about me too much. He tells everyone I'm still not well and makes me rest half the day, but I feel pretty good, really. Kevin'll be four weeks old tomorrow and I'm fully recovered, I think." Just then there comes a wail from the bedroom. Mary runs to check on the baby and soon brings him out with a fresh diaper on. He's still cranky so she asks Dan shyly, "Do you mind if I feed the baby? I guess Marie does it all the time around you, eh?"

Dan: "You go right ahead, Mary. I know when they're hungry and they start calling for lunch it makes you start leaking. Go right ahead." Dan picks up his tea and blows on it.

Mary sits down at the table with a towel over her shoulder and uncovers her breast for Kevin. He eagerly smacks away at her nipple as she drinks some tea herself. Dan watches the way she protectively holds the child so no tea can accidentally spill on him. He thinks she is a natural mother.

Dan: "They are going to let Marie come home today with our daughter. I'm to pick her up around four. Have you been able to get up to see her while she's been in?"

Mary: "No, I haven't been out since I came home from the hospital. Emory has done all the shopping and everything. I would like to come up and see your little girl some time but I don't think Emory'll let me walk that far for quite a while yet."

Dan: "You don't have to walk. I'll come down and pick you up one of these days. How about Sunday?" Dan's eyes stray to the child and the exposed breast. He looks away, embarrassed. Mary doesn't notice.

Mary: "I'll have to see if its all right with Emory. I'll call you." She changes breasts and Dan notices she has a fine firm pair of woman's breasts for her size. He drinks his tea and says he has to get on up to the hospital. He lets himself out saying, "Tell Emory I was in and try to get him to come up this weekend."

Mary calls, "I will. Say hi to Marie for us."

Dan goes down the steps quickly and gets into the car before anyone sees him with a hard on pushing out his pants. He sits for a minute cooling off, then heads for the hospital.

He's a bit early. It's only about three twenty but he tells Marie he's impatient to get her home. The doctor has signed the release papers so she can go right away. Dan goes to collect his daughter. Marie tags along and tells him she's had the baby for her feedings all day today. She doesn't take much but she likes to suck away often.

Dan: "I know, just like her father! That's what you were thinking, wasn't it?" Marie just laughs.

They pick up the baby at the nursery and receive all kinds of advise from the nursing staff. They leave the hospital with their warmly wrapped bundle around four. Dan drives them straight home. He calls Betty first thing and she says she'll be right down with Danny. Marie lays Iris in Danny's cradle on the coffee table and Dan stands by looking at his daughter.

Dan: "She beautiful, just like her mother. She seems to have gained some weight in just four days, but she's still only a handful. I bet she'll make the boy's cry one day."

Marie leans back against him and Dan holds her. "She's a pretty baby, and thanks for the compliment, my lover." she turns in his arms and gets a long kiss. "It's good to be home again."

Betty raps on the door and comes in without them moving. She has Danny in her arms and puts him in his playpen to remove his coat and blanket. "Well, guys, don't tell me you're starting on another one all ready." she giggles and everyone laughs including Danny.

Marie: "I hardly think so. I just came in the door."

Betty: "He's probably horny already though. I had to fight him off every time I came down to check on things." she chuckles.

Marie: "Well, I don't blame him. You tease him all the time and that's what you get." she winks at Betty as Dan laughs.

He says, "What did I tell you she'd say?"

Marie: "Did you fight him really hard?" she's grinning.

Betty's answer is, "Yep, he was really hard..." she giggles and they all break up laughing again.

Dan: "Who wants coffee? I'll go put some on." He leaves and they chatter and laugh away while he fixes a pot. They come out of the living room still talking and Marie says, "Dan, what's going on here?" He looks around at her and she's staring at the table. "What is it, dear?"

Marie: "Why have you got two chairs on one side of the table with Danny's high chair?"

Dan feels his heart race and his stomach roll over. He had been so careful not to leave any traces of Irene's presence and now this. He thinks fast. "Betty brought the other chair around when I was having trouble feeding Danny this morning. She fed him and had no trouble at all. She's a wonder, isn't she?" Marie turns and looks at Betty.

Betty: "Yeah, these guys don't know how to do anything, do they?" Marie looks back at Dan and Betty glares at him over her shoulder.

Marie:(lightening up) "If it was Betty, I guess it was O.K."

Dan moves her chair around to the other side of the table opposite him and everyone has coffee. Dan wonders what else he's missed. After she quickly drinks her coffee, Betty says she has to run along, leaving Dan and Marie at the table. Marie says she's tired and will lay down for a bit. Dan goes into the bedroom with her and makes her comfortable.

Marie: "Oh Dan, did you wash up the bedding? That was nice of you. It feels so nice and fresh." She closes her eyes and Dan watches her put the back of her hand up over her eyes. "I have an awful headache."

Dan: "Do you want me to get you an aspirin?"

Marie: "Never mind, I have some here." She reaches into the bedside stand drawer and feels around. She sits up and looks into the drawer. She pulls out the diaphragm case and says, "I suppose Betty was using this, too?"

Dan: "What! I thought you were looking for an aspirin?"

Marie: "I always keep this just in the edge of the drawer. Why's it thrown back near the back of the drawer, Dan?" She looks suspiciously at him.

Dan really feels shocked as he remembers Irene tossing it back into the drawer last. Oh God! What can he say?

Dan: "Guess I must have bumped into the stand when I was making the bed this morning. Must have been what happened. That's the only explanation I can think of. Did you find your aspirins?"

Marie absently reaches back into the drawer and brings out the aspirins but looks at the case in her other hand for a moment before putting it back into the edge of the drawer. Dan rushes to get her a glass of water and she silently drinks it with the pills.

Marie: "Keep an eye on the kids if I fall asleep." She lays her head back down on the pillow and closes her eyes. Dan checks his daughter first and carries her into the bedroom. He puts her cradle on the vacuum cleaner box near the bed and goes back to sit with Danny and read. He turns the pages but doesn't see the print. He feels so guilty and fears some other item overlooked will trip him up. He wishes he could just tell Marie and have it done with. If she could forgive him he'd never have anything to do with another woman, he thinks. But in his heart he knows she'd never forgive him. And Irene has her little ways, the way she watches him from under her long jet lashes, the way she wants to be near him when he eats, the way she makes love; he knows he can never give up the other woman, the woman he also loves so dearly.

Dan hears a little cry and rushes to the bedroom to find Marie lifting Iris to her breast as she lays back on the bed. He notices how protectively she handles the baby and thinks of Mary and her child. He feels sexual urges building and leaves the bedroom to pour himself another cup of coffee. He leaves it on the table and gets a beer. He goes back to his book and rereads the last few pages. It's no good. He still doesn't know what he's read. He puts the book down on the coffee table and guzzles the beer.

Marie is unusually quiet during supper and throughout the evening. When they go to bed she comes to cuddle up with Dan and kisses him good night, but she wears her flannel night gown with panties and pad under it. Dan sleeps uneasily this night. Marie is up twice with Iris and Dan awakes each time. He helps her change the little girl but Marie goes right back to bed each time as if she's drugged.

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 11: NOON

Dan is sure something's wrong. Iris has been listless since last night and this morning he's sure she has a yellowish tinge to her skin. At first he thought it was just the light, but at breakfast he mentioned it to Marie and she agreed that her daughter was acting a bit strange. At noon Dan takes Iris outside with natural light and confirms his earlier suspicion. Her skin has a definite yellow tinge to it, so he calls the doctor at home. He says to take her down to emergency. He'll call the doctor on call and give him the background of her case.

Marie bundles her up while Dan calls Mary and tells her what's happening. He says how sorry he is that he will not be able to pick them up today. She says she understands, for him to rush to the hospital. Dan helps Marie get Danny ready and takes him up to Betty's. He rushes back down and they take Iris to the hospital emergency ward.

The doctor there examines her and says she'll have to stay for a day or two. He explains that she'll be receiving a drug to counter the jaundice condition and she'll be monitored closely. He has Marie pump milk for that day and asks if she will come back tomorrow and do the same. They have a very limited supply of fresh mother's milk and only a few wet nurses. Marie says she will gladly provide for her daughter while she's there. Sadly they go home without their little girl. Dan is surprised how sad he feels.

Marie rushes to pick up Danny when they get back to Betty's. Betty and Marie talk a long time that afternoon and Dan tries to keep his attention diverted by watching a hockey game with Gord. Eventually Danny starts to get cranky for his afternoon nap and supper. They wrap him up and go home. Marie changes Danny while Dan helps get supper started.

Dan: "How are you feeling tonight? I don't mean over Iris, I mean are you starting to heal and mend from the operation?"

Marie: "I still have twinges of pain occasionally, but the healing seems to be coming along well."

Marie joins him at the sink and rinses the potatoes he's peeled. She puts them on to boil and says, "Why do you ask?"

Dan: "Isn't it normal for a husband to be concerned about his wife's well being?"

Marie: "Then why haven't you asked earlier?"

Dan: "I guess I felt you didn't want to discuss it. You've been rather preoccupied since you came home. What do you think about so much? We never seem to talk any more."

Marie: "Do you want an honest answer?"

Dan: "Of course."

Marie: "Dan, I know you're a very sexual oriented male. I wonder what you do for sex when I'm not available, like now. When I had Danny you went without for almost a month and I thought you had marvelous restraint. But I've come to know you better since then and I sometimes wonder if you have someone else when I'm out of commission. You wanted to know. That's what I think about. Do you?"

Dan: "Why I have dozens of women clamoring for my body when you're not. Didn't you know that? You've heard all the rumors." He grins at her and beckons her to follow him. He goes into the bathroom and waits for her to follow. In front of the toilet bowl he unzips his fly and pulls out his penis. He spits on his hands and rolls them around his organ. Turning a bit so she can see he feels it grow and begins to slide his wet slippery hands up and down the shaft.

Marie: "What're you doing?"

Dan: "Just watch and you'll see what I do when you're not available." He takes longer and slower strokes and she watches, fascinated.

Marie: "But what good is that if it just makes you hornier?"

Dan: "You'll see." He rocks a bit with the motion and his hands move faster until a white stream suddenly spurts from the head of his organ and splashes on her dress. She rushes forward as he gives a grunt and more follows, splattering her extended hand and front.

Marie:(turning red) "Oh! Oh my! Oh, I see. I didn't know you could do that. Does that give you release... I guess it does!" She places her hands on his gripping his organ as one last fountain erupts between them, "I'm sorry, Dan. I didn't think of that. I thought you had someone else and I was so sick with worry that you might leave me. Oh Dan, I love you with all my heart. I was a stupid jealous wife and didn't trust you. Please forgive me?" She throws her arms around his neck and kisses him.