Dan's Story Pt. 04 - Conclusion

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Darlene explains that she took his advise. She applied to the base for work and got it right away. Her marriage has broken up and she's getting a divorce. She's not seeing anyone regular right now, so if he wants to go out, she's available.

Dan explains that he's back on an Instructor's Course and his barracks are close by, if she wants some Johnny Walker later. He has a gleam in his eye and she smiles a ready smile. He doesn't mention Leteitia or Beth, but he says he's possibly losing his wife to divorce, as well.

Later they sneak into the barracks and he trades her Johnny Walker for some sex. Its a good bargain that she's happy to accept as she remembers the multiple orgasms. Dan does his best to equal the past. He sets the alarm for five.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9: ALL DAY

This is their second day overlooking the Bay of Fundy at the same spot where he sketched Janey. Darlene is nude and posing in a slightly different pose and today he's working with oils. Yesterday it was photos and sketching on canvas here at this same spot. He had gone dancing Friday night with Leteitia at a club in Dartmouth where mixed racial couples were not unusual. It had been a lot of fun and she had drained him later at her apartment.

Now he is trying to get the nude figure at least completed today and will work on the background evenings as he has a chance. Darlene takes a break and comes to watch over his shoulder. He cannot resist the urge and runs a line of paint up the inside of her thigh splashing her downy nest.

Darlene: "Danny! What do you think you're doing?"

Dan: "Painting a nude." He chuckles.

Darlene: "Your very good! Its just like looking in a mirror. Did you have to include that little mole just below my tit?"

Dan: "That's your beauty spot. You should be proud of it. Here, I'll paint it red." He reaches out with the brush and she jumps back saying, "Don't you dare!"

They horse around a bit more, then he places her to pose again. The only things she wears are sandals and a white wide brimmed straw hat. When he looks at the hat, his heart aches for his Avon lady. It will be one year ago when they met in only a couple of weeks and now he doesn't even know where she is. He paints in silence.

His course is half way over and at the half point examinations he placed first in his class of seven. One student has dropped out so they're now a class of six. Dan's aiming for one hundred percent in the final. He won't be happy with less than ninety eight percent.

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11: 2340

Dan and Leteitia are romping on the bed in her apartment. They have made love twice tonight and Dan must soon be heading back to the base. He would love to paint her nude but he knows he'll never see her again. Tomorrow night he will spend with Darlene and Thursday night he will review his course material. Friday he'll be gone back to the island. So many good-byes! He just prays that Marie will come home to him. Nothing else matters. Even if he never sees Irene again, Marie and the children will fill his life, if she'll only give him one more chance.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14: 1540

As soon as he leaves the classroom, Dan runs to the pay phone and dials Marie's number in Clinton, Ontario.

The screen splits here to Marie on one end of the phone in the kitchen with her mother hovering nearby and Dan, on a payphone in the entryway to the classrooms.

Marie picks up the ringing phone and says, "Hello."

Dan: "Is that you, honey? It's Dan."

Marie: "I know. I've been waiting for your call. How did you make out with the course?"

Dan: "Tops in the class. I got ninety nine percent. I made a stupid mistake in one question and lost a point, even though I had the right answer. This means I'll be Corporal Dan Miller when I get back to base and I'll be the ASV instructor for CFB Summerside. If I sign on again for another five years, we can go to B.C. and really start again with our lives."

Marie: "I've had to do a lot of thinking over the last two weeks, Dan. I love you a lot, even though you hurt me. The children need their dad, too."

Dan:(joyfully) "Your coming home?"

Marie:(tears forming in her red swollen eyes) "I'm afraid not, Dan."

Dan: "What? Please don't say that! Please." emotion shakes his voice.

Marie: "I can't find it in my heart to forgive you, yet, and I'm not sure if I ever will. I can't believe you'll ever change, you've lied too often to me in the past."

Dan: "But I love you. I love Danny and Iris. You can't be serious. We're a family, we should stick together." his voice is cracking.

Marie:(audibly crying) "I can't talk more now, Dan. Good-bye." She holds the phone listening and her mother takes it from her.

Dan: "Marie! Marie, talk to me! Please talk to me, Marie!

Ada: "She doesn't want to talk to you or ever see you again, Daniel Miller. Get that through your head!" She hangs up the phone.

Dan: "Wait! Don't hang up! Damn! Dammit all to hell! She can't do this!" He hangs up the receiver and walks sullenly out of the classroom building. He walks to his barracks and slams his belongings into suitcases. He mumbles to himself as he throws everything into the car. "To hell with supper! I'm going home!" He sends the car spinning out through the gates and down the highway for the island.

As he drives he thinks over the situation and cools down to settle into depression. In eight more days he would celebrate one year since he met Irene. His marriage has lasted three years. He's a total failure and doesn't know how he'll ever face his parents in Ontario, let alone his workmates back on the island. He stops near Kentville and tries to call Marie again but her mother won't call her to the phone. He kicks the glass out of the phone booth and doesn't pay for the call. He drives away leaving the phone ringing. His head is aching and he just wants to rest when he comes upon a carnival on the other side of Kentville.

In desperation for a distraction he pulls in. He hangs around the grounds playing games and trying to pick up a female. Two other young guys about three years his junior are also trying to pick up the same female. They work for the carnival, Gold Metal Shows. They introduce him to Skeeter Davis, a wizened old timer who runs the kids rides and he says he can work the weekend for him if he'd like to stay. Dan decides this is the type diversion he needs so he stays.

When the carnival moves on to the next town on Monday, Dan goes with them. He's a carny, now and he's AWOL.

EPILOG

Dan disappears from the face of the earth at this point. No one, not family or the military or the police can find hide nor hair of him. Letters go back and forth between his father and the military about the whereabouts of his son. No one finds a clue. Marie does not hear from him, and no doubt worries. His family are frantic with worry. His father can't understand how the military could lose track of their son. The CO at the base runs an inquiry and interviews Clay and Sam but they've not heard from him either. They make inquiries of their own amongst his female friends but no one knows where he's gone.

Eventually, Marie comes to the island with her father, to remove their possessions to her folks place. She leaves many of Dan's personal items with the base supply section, in storage for his return. Dan is out there roving somewhere in deep depression and despair, drunk more than sober. Goodnight Dan, and good luck, where ever you are.