Day and Night Ch. 05 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He stopped talking and Beth let him. Let him take as much or as little time as she needed because death was bad but a long, drawn out death made it worse. Like those old movies where the super villain always set up a complicated kill method that the hero struggled to break out of but eventually did. However, there weren't neat knives in books or watches with lasers when it came to cancer. It was just watching the horrific end coming slowly and wishing it was over already.

"I'm glad you're here," Day said quietly after a while. Sunlight spilled across the bedroom through the blinds, lighting everything up so Beth could see the dust particles dancing in the air.

The city was a second from erupting into honks, blaring stereos, obnoxiously loud phone calls, and the chimes of shop doors being opened and closed. But for a moment it was quiet and just for them.

Turning her check, Beth pressed a lingering kiss onto Day's pec before raising her head and meeting his gaze steadily. "I am too."

12