Demon King's Pet Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now the king gestures at the naked woman, and one of the hooded servants pulls her up to kneel before him. Elli holds a breath, watching with slight jealousy in her breast.

"You do not meet my standards. Your magic, is it your own? What is your focus?"

"I'm just a healer." The woman's voice rings hollow and broken. "My sister was the real mage, but you slew her. My magic is only a gift from Eidannos."

"Please, your majesty." One of the disgraced warriors steps forward, continuing at a nod of permission. "Valerie was a miracle to behold, but Melanie only has two spells. Healing and if Eidannos wishes, holy resurrection. She is no threat to you, so please..."

The king cuts him off with a dismissive wave of his hand. "You will be freed if your god arrives in time, or if you can prove your skills by healing everyone you are able to during the tournament. You will also serve wine at the evening meal for the week, and if one of my chosen wishes to claim you, then that will also stay your execution.

The healer's head falls forward as she cries. "I understand, your majesty is most fair in your terms."

Surely, her god would save her and punish the simple farmgirl for daring to be placed higher than one of His healers. Or perhaps, this King truly saw potential in Elli that others had not.

12