Deviant Empire Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Like we're the ones naked... though it's the opposite. If you want... I'm not going to stop you, but gonna do it only if you do."

Big step. Even if they saw each other naked... now they had someone who might see... even if they might be more glad that they are out. A nod for both to adjust their outfit as they saw the others do... her jugs spilled out as she opened that hole for her chest... and her lower bits were visible through newly created tears. They knew how to do this... better than pulling down pants to go to the bathroom, even if it does feel awkward at first to shit with your pants on.

Harry could get an immediate boner from seeing his wife almost naked. Sure, she was mostly covered, but those interesting bits were on display. She also noticed his now exposed cock... and could start to find it a compliment. She might have to gauge how hard he gets for others rather than her... but this was just a long test... that if they pass they will be better off, and if not... they might as well have not started at all. She got a bit shy, though.

"Feels like I'm doing something naughty. Too old for this."

"No! You're fine. Come on... we'll relax a bit... maybe later we can take a walk around..."

"Ugh... feels scary to walk on those things. What if you fall?"

"Honey, you heard our... worker. They have something to keep you on. This is... far better than we imagined."

"I imagined it might be a place of just whores and porn actors... mmmmhhh... think I felt the waft of street food. Almost wanted us to go a bit further to those things that looked like they sold food. Could go for a good hotdog."

"You sure I didn't get you pregnant? Sounds like you've got cravings." It was a tease from him. And she was not pregnant. That earned him a friendly elbow to the side.

"I'm... actually happy the kids are here. Looks... like a place they could live a life. However they want."

"At this point... yeah. Though, I'd feel a bit stupid if we came here and they aren't doing it... maybe they're somewhere else."

"I... don't think so. Not sure why. Gut feeling."

"Still, if they are somewhere else... we can go anywhere. And sounds like we can get jobs here."

"Hopefully not both of us. But... maybe something to pass the time if they're not too pushing on time."

Lunch was served... and before they might have excused the meals as coming out of some food forge or something, now it was clear that their older worker had actually cooked. Sylvie asked for a full course on using everything and was surprised at the similarity... other than no longer needing a stove. It felt good to know she could still cook for her family.

Initially... it might have seemed like some snack... but how to turn pizza more interesting? Garlic bread pizza. Halves of bagels with cheese, veggies and meats baked in this little oven... Sylvie both felt like this might make her fat and did not care... it was sinfully good with a glass of juice.

As they got their worker in conversation, the revealed private parts started to be less of an issue. No doubt it might be one if someone from their world came around... but if they did... the parents were only part of the crowd, with one crazy person standing against them... and these people did not care that they were technically at war. No fault of theirs.

Next door, the Hendersons were throwing a full celebration that would go into orgy. Everything they ever wanted. They could have sworn they died and went to heaven and all this was just standing in line. Their revelry would go into the evening.

That relaxation was very needed for what was coming. Or specifically... who.

*

It came to him a bit later... and Lucy was expecting him. Once again in that place that seemed more of a status symbol than a needed feature. James could almost see that faint smile.

"In retrospect, I might have been able to piece this from the start."

"And have you?" There was just a higher shift in that monotone... like the other part was slipping in... just a bit. Amused.

"When you came, you said you loved it for all the temptations... despite there not being that many people to tempt and punish. Your little vacations to go out and find evil people to practically hunt."

"Quite the pastime. Enjoyable to wrench that darkness out of them."

He was calling her out.

"That was why you put this oath of protection for basically nothing... just to visit. Even though I knew at the time I could not stop you. The whole reason you are so accommodating. Even to me... for being responsible. But that's bullshit."

"What makes you say that?" She was practically playing with him.

"You said God was so damn big that this world might as well be a dot. Why he doesn't pay attention. That you're almost at his level. That there would be infinities more beyond... so I wondered... why the hell would you be interested so much? If I could... possibly with enough time and effort... recreate it by hand... so could you... it's not in admiration or anything... you could just make Hell exactly this and not need to give a shit. More... so it's not this world. The people don't mean anything. Changeable. Everything."

"Took you long enough. And what do you think is the truth?"

"Me. You're not interested in them. There is something in me. It's not the fact that I'm a god... you said it... there are others, bigger... stronger. Any of them could go up to fight god. Might even be easier. Less work. You didn't need any tool. You needed me. So fess the fuck up. Why are you so interested in me?"

Deep inhale by her before she rose... a slow walk out to the balcony as James followed. This one might as well be a landing pad. She spoke enough before reaching the railing.

"You can still figure that out. It would be easy to see if you were higher. Why would one dot be so important? Put it together. Do you really believe all these... systems... these people have here have led to this harmony?"

"They help. And people no longer need to do bad things just to live."

"And yet some go beyond the point. This land could be just as worse as Earth. Or any other worlds. Rife with corruption and predators of their own kind."

"That's where I come in. So.., that? For sharing your hobby?"

After this unbroken image, even a closed mouth laugh could startle him.

"Oh, if you could see it. No. Do you think that killing all those people back there will make a difference? Even if you put yourself as a scarecrow, even if you point and accuse... did the concept of hell ever frighten them? Did punishment by their own people do? No. Evil... is inescapable."

He paused. The follow up to those words was obvious, but the implication to that follow up was deep. And the more he thought, the more did those corners of her mouth rise by minuscule amounts. It was almost... approaching a smile.

"You are saying I am keeping people good. But not by scaring them. Not by helping them. Some way that I do not see... and I think I see what you mean. As above, so below. I'm not an asshole, so my people are not assholes?"

"That is but the start. And that is the rule. As above... so below. For all below are mere fragments of that above. You have chosen quite the fitting song without even realizing it consciously. You ARE the Empire. And that is not even a boast. It is a fact. It was amusing to see you slowly take these steps. But there is something more."

"If I say more, that rule breaks. And it all comes apart. There is a temptation to say that if God is above me... shouldn't we all be like him? But that does not apply, so the rule breaks, and suddenly we're back at the beginning."

A deep breath from her as she turned away to the view of the world.

"You know the ascended are closer to god. The part you are missing is that they are part of God and approaching him... that means all people... all humans and your other species here... are just derivations. Like grains of sand wrought from one mountain. And you know that he is full of worse things than most. The worst sinner, the absolute darkness of infinite pride, gluttony, lust and sins you cannot even commit on this dimension. Power corrupts, and in their power they ignore these dots. All changeable."

"So... the point is that these people will turn to evil no matter how you punish them, intimidate, coerce or enlighten. And those who start to ascend start to become worse. And I'm not. Can't be the only good god. We have billions of people on earth who at least did not do anything that bad, some who took to being far better."

"Pieces of God. But your physical matter does not make you that. Your souls. All of them... in his influence. As above... so below."

"Souls." A long pause. "Why you said I should kill them all. They're... what? Corrupted by god... all of them... but not here?"

Slow clap. It was almost scary.

"His grasp through the dimensions down is inescapable... even with your power of change... that remnant of him. And yes... there are good people who can turn away... admirable. But the more you approach... his influence tightens."

"Again, I can't be the only good god. Yes, power corrupts... but you're not giving a good argument on why someone can't resist that."

"Perhaps my appraisal of you was rushed. Very well. I do tire of this. Your formation... that game. Do you remember the last moment? When you came forward? Something spoke to you."

"That... message in the game that showed me how to actually go inside it. Thought it was from the storyteller."

"A fit description. That... was HIM. Not god... but the piece of him inside you. The darkness. Tempting you in. And what did they do once you were in?"

"Full on assault with basically infinite force. Got out at the last minute. So, wait... are you saying it was because I beat... that part?"

"That was merely... the first step. Your ascension to one of their rank. Powerful, but still mortal. Impressive, done rarely. But... eventually he wins. Every time. Before this step. Even in your godhood you have faced challenges as it tried to once again take over. Things that came without explanation with unrelenting force and destruction inside this world of yours."

"You mean the galactic crises. And we beat them back. Again and again."

That face was almost turning to smiling.

"That title of yours. God of Defiance. Are you even aware of why it fits you? Why I do not contradict?"

"Always defiant. Against family, against bosses, society, ideas, reality... I guess. It's what this place was built on. So what... this place is defying god? I am defying God while stepping closer? Doesn't sound like a big deal." It was a point of pride for him, but he did not realize yet how much.

"GOD IS AN ABSOLUTE!" Her suddenly shouting actually made the man lean back from her. "He is in every world, every soul, every possibility... he is everywhere and everything. Approaching him and defying him is a theoretical impossibility! Those souls turning away manage because they are so far away... and yet you... you... hold."

The mask was cracking. James stood quiet as he observed this peer behind the veil.

"Do you even realize... the force... the colossal giant infinitely your greater that you push against? The ever-existing and inescapable influence of power unmatched that you hold in place before... and make that below you free of him?"

"Sounds like something you can't get away from..." He smiled smugly. "Except here."

Deep inhale from her. Like she was taking in the scent of these souls unblemished... for the most part.

"When all you see is darkness, what is the importance of one dot of light?" That mask was outright shattering.

"Hope. All your existence, you never thought you would see something like this."

"Some turn away. Those few grains of sand to stand against the ocean. To them I give paradise. One that will make this world of yours seem insignificant and horrible. To those of his kind I give their rightful punishment for being no better. For reminding me of him. For being no better even when they do not have such power to excuse corruption."

"Did you really come in here without any idea? No... you didn't. You saw that a lot more people of good nature came in. I suppose in the grand scheme of things it's nothing more than an accounting difference of a fraction."

That was almost a smile.

"Yes. I did not know. Or I would have come sooner. I thought there must be something wrong... that it was doomed to fail... that it was one glimpse that would wash away the moment one tried to apply pressure."

"And so you tempted people. And they... held. And then you saw me."

It all was starting to come together. And her layers were being peeled back one by one. Beyond the playful trickster, beyond the ancient abomination, beyond the manipulating mastermind... was one betrayed and knowing endless sorrow.

"A god is nothing new. There have been good people to ascend. To rise to this height. To rise above. I was there. But I saw the power corrupting... even from the start. You should be no different. You should fall somewhere. There have been so many opportunities. There was fear in just one moment that that time came. A moment where you could see people as tools. But you turned away. And pushed harder. Do you realize what you stand against?"

"Against the inescapable grasp of God... I push back. That it? God of Defiance."

"Not just him... but the RULE. As above... so below. Humans are rule breakers... it is your power. But not... to this magnitude. You are indeed so small and stand against an endless darkness." Deep breath. "How could I let one spoil it?"

"I assume that is why it looked like you went hard on that guy from earlier."

"He will see punishment that can wrench out even your spirit. So uncaring. He would destroy this world just to get a bit of territory. He would destroy a thousand futures for his own gain. I could not let this one go. It is... my weapon against him."

"Wouldn't it instead be that this might be the first successful show of parts of him turning well?"

A short, closed mouthed laugh.

"If it were so, he might hold it up as a show of his success... but it was not... you made this world... by your defiance of him, then from you came all their light. They are from you... like you. Part of you. They are better because you are better. I would love nothing more to claim a hand in your creation... but I could not... up until now. This would be an example of his failing."

"Called it. You wanted me." Beat. "Hold up, the people here are also smarter... does that have any connection?"

James backed off a step as her head fell down for actual... heartfelt laughter to come out. It was understandable why... for someone to have so much against God... the man just presented proof obtained via the scientific method... that God is an idiot.

"That... was actually scary." He could not speak until she was done.

"To your question... no. But it is indeed an amusing thought."

"Not quite fitting to this look. Though now I'd feel weird to ask for another."

"What do you want to see? That beyond all the layers is one who has been searching for an eternity to have something to break this darkness... one who has had endless torment as the darkness you stood against won? That this darkness could not be escaped anywhere you went... everything, everyone... reminding you of him... of your failure... of your inability to stand against them? You want to see one who's very life to witness this is punishment for standing up for these people?! WHILE THEY CONTINUE TO BE THE THING YOU HATE?!"

It was time to hold to a second tenet.

"I would like to see honesty. And that indeed sounds painful beyond anything I could ever imagine. And why this place must mean so much. Glad it's appreciated."

Her tone was still low, but now it was... almost sad.

"One flower in a planet of weeds, not without flaws, but so less more than the rest. I have seen so many things in my life. Worlds you cannot imagine. Dimensions... and yet he is always there. Always under the grip of evil. And the higher you go, the less pleasant it gets. All of them... worse and worse."

"Why the other gods were no good. Even if they could beat him, it's just replacing one dictator with another. Full circle revolution. Nothing changes. He still won in the end."

"But, hopefully... you might prove me wrong. I stand in fear of the moment you fall... but the further you go... the harder you push against him." A deep inhale. "You are beautiful in ways you cannot see."

"Thank you. I do try. A world of temptations to be my plaything and I held on for two thousand years. Resisting the one ring while wearing it and getting full benefits. All this time."

"A blink in the greater scope, but far longer than most. Some fall the moment they ascend."

James gave a breath before he turned towards the view to lean on the railing.

"So, I'm guessing you want me to go higher. Train me. And... why can't you do that? Get stronger, challenge him again?"

"Because I do not have a soul as you do. I cannot break the rules. Loopholes, oversights, flaws... those I can abuse. I was made to assist a god... so I am. He should have been specific on which. I am but a tool, a machine... static and eternal. Far more complex than you can consider... lifelike... but not the same. I cannot rise. You can."

"Let's say I refuse and just tend to my little garden here." He was testing the waters... and her. To see if her intentions were genuine.

"Then do so. I understand. The task is monumental. Even I fear to go further. Should the ascent corrupt you. Even this little dot is refreshing to see endure. And could change some of the others to our way. See what happens when one bravely stands against him. It is enough. It is more than I ever thought I would ever see."

"This is who I am... paradise seeker. And could I really call myself Defiance Incarnate if I stepped away from a challenge? But clearly I need to get better. And you knew that. And that's what you have been doing. All along."

She had an actual smile.

"Like seeing a baby walk. And not turn out like their horrible father."

"Okay, I do not like where that metaphor is going. But, I guess I did my last little project. Would love to do it on the original. I assume that was on a sort of... higher level?"

"This is not your world. But a mere creation by that piece to prepare for ascension. Even though you have passed it, you have chosen to leave it behind. But your troubles before were not from his influence... no... it was from other such gods. You are still young, but soon we might turn to other such places."

"Go places, kick ass of gods and make paradises in my wake? How the fuck could I refuse? But you knew that."

"You are driven. And indeed... to see you refuse would be like turning against your nature. Becoming a coward. You are not that."

James was tempted to respond not with one line... but many. He enhanced his voice, but there was no instrumental follow up. A dedication. The fact that he was considering it showed where they have arrived.

"When you're stumbling through the darkness walking blind

Don't forget that there is always hope to find

Choose your path

Walk it well

Break out from this living hell

In this broken cage

We will not be confined"

Was it for her? For him? For Earth? For Will and his family? As above, so below.

"And when the world it starts to burn

At the point of no return

Keep a hold of

Your conviction

Tear out the affliction

Before the world turns black

Stand up and take it back!"

For him, Lucy started to become... a person. No longer an unknowable force, but something he could begin to understand, even if for a fraction. As above, so below... and as below soon to rise above, this understanding would rise.