Discarded and Forsaken - A Reality Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As he stared at her, he felt his resolve dissolve away to the kind of person he was, a nurturing, caring man who would always put his family first. Like her he began to think about starting a new relationship as if they had just met and he was a divorcee with 2 kids. In a real world scenario one or other would have to find a way to encompass someone else's children, go through the tentative steps of closeness, of learning how to become compatible in and out of bed. The thought of starting again from scratch horrified him. He decided that it was too late that night to resolve how they should go forward but he knew that he needed to change if he was to avoid the dreaded lawyers.

He suggested, "I notice that the second cabin is full of supplies, do you mind if I bunk in with you and maybe we can talk some more in the morning? We are at the mercy of the winds to get back but somehow I don't think we are expected back too soon." She gave a half smile as if saying 'why are you asking me, I'm just the baby sitter as far as you're concerned.' He recognised the expression and thought he ought to feel guilty but he wasn't quite ready yet, tomorrow will be another day though. Then he realised what a silly saying that is.

The gentle rocking of the Yacht soon sent Mark to sleep but Sarah lay for some time willing herself to be firm in her decision and stick by it. She couldn't spend the rest of her life as his verbal punch bag, she had done her best to be penitent for her wrongdoing and there was nothing more she could do. It was time to move on, money would be tight but she and the little ones would survive and may be stronger for it. If she did the right things regarding access for the grands and their father it would make the transition easier for all concerned. With that final thought she drifted off to memories of better times.

There was no typical spooning that led to other things and the couple professing undying love. Mark woke first and lay there trying to decide on a way forward. He wanted to say that they intended to convert the garage to an apartment for her. When she woke and rolled onto her back he decided to try the suggestion. She angrily sat bolt upright throwing modesty aside and refused to be sidelined as she gave her well rehearsed speech. She was adamant against being sidelined as no more than a convenient nanny and had decided to go with her plans if that was his attitude. Mark didn't know what to say, so got up, dressed and set about raising the sail.

Upon arriving back, his parents were waiting at the dockside. His father in a small powered boat ready to give tow and his mother watching the yacht come in, particularly she was looking for body language and it looked bad. Sarah was sitting like a statue, unmoving, not caring, just staring straight ahead. She wondered out loud "what has my son done now, things look bad."

Before they had even tied up, Sarah had jumped off and began marching steadfastly towards the house. Catherine tried to catch her attention, asking if she was alright. She simply said 'no' and marched past her. She hurried to catch up, "What happened?"

She seethed, "Absolutely nothing, he woke me in the night and frightened the life out of me. Could hardly speak to me and this morning suggests that I might live as a nanny in a garage conversion. I made up my mind last night, it's time me and the children got our own place. I'll do my best to make it the best I can for you guys to spend time with the kids. You and I talked about it yesterday and last night just made me more certain of what I had to do."

Catherine took her arm and pulled her back, and said sadly, "If there's nothing more to be done, you know I will help you as much as I can as long as it is not prejudicial to my family, they will always be my first concern."

"I understand that mum you are a good strong person."

Catherine had to hold the tears back when Sarah called her that. She thought, "that boy of mine needs a damn good shaking." But she had done her best and now all she could do was damage control and she wouldn't let her wooden headed son make things worse. The separation was probably always inevitable, he had extended his time with his children but now it was time for them to be with their mother.

**********************************************************************************************************

Epilogue.

Sarah was as good as her word, with Catherines help she found an apartment within easy access for them and they became frequent babysitters picking them up from school and taking them back to the larger family home until Sarah came, from her extended working hours, to pick them up. Often they would sleep over so that their mum could have some 'me' time and Mark could enjoy quality time with them if not working. Mark's new business became an obsession, filling out the hours when he was lonely and that was often. The die was cast and he became increasingly angry with himself that he had been unable to get past his feelings to start again with Sarah.

Several months later the family had gotten into a routine. The little ones usually went with their grandparents after school, sometimes Sarah would collect them if she wasn't working too late otherwise Mark took it upon himself to take them. Sleepovers became a frequent occurrence. Gradually Mark and Sarah's relationship improved and he was often there doing home maintenance or even just talking about day to day life matters.

***********************************************************************

Another day, on the way home from school.

"Nana, why does Daddy always go to see Mummy when we have a sleepover?"

"Well, they always have lots to talk about, I expect."

"Ohh Nana, we are not babies, we know that Mummy always looks special when Daddy goes around."

"Well I guess they are making friends again."

Silence for a while, then.

"Nana, we know that Daddy was really angry with Mummy, does it mean he's forgiven her?"

"I don't know my darling, maybe."

"Can we come home soon? I liked living with you and Grandad."

"Maybe you should tell Daddy, that is how you feel."

"But he's always talking to Mummy."

"I'll tell him you need to talk with him, how's that?"

"Thank you Nana, I won't even mind if Mummy wakes me up making lots of noise at night."

Suppressed laughter. "I'll let them know."

***********************************************

The End