DJ Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chuck walked in, looking like he'd been run over by a freight train, he was a mess, his eyes were bloodshot, his shirtsleeves and the upper part of his chest were soaked. He evidently had lost about a gallon of tears.

Devon, jumping up and going toward Chuck, "Man, you look terrible, are you OK?"

Chuck answered, sobbing, "No, I'm not OK! I'm the biggest ass in the world. I thought I was strong, I don't need you guys anymore. About 10 minutes after I left here, Reality socked me, and knocked me down. I hurt so bad I had to pull off the road, cause I couldn't see."

"Sean was right," Chuck continued, "I was just too fuckin' bullheaded to accept what I needed to accept. I was willing to throw away 7 years of my life, rather than to accept that my brothers weren't quite like me."

"Devon, Quentin," Chuck begged, "Can you guys ever forgive this jerk?"

"Chuck," Devon spoke, "when you walked out, an hour ago, what do you think it did to us? All the years we spent together as friends, gone?"

"We really thought," Quentin said, "that our friendship was stronger than that. We thought you probably knew, about our feelings toward each other. It was like a knife stab to the heart. We both love you and Sean like brothers, but Devon and I do have a special relationship with each other."

Devon added, "I think I speak for both of us, Chuck. We'll forgive you for being an idiot, if you'll forgive us for having a special love for each other."

Devon and Quentin were sitting together. Chuck rose, walked around the table and wrapped an arm around both Devon's and Quentin's necks. Sean has been listening intently to the exchange of words between the other three. Devon and Quentin both kissed Chuck, on his cheeks.

Sean, smiling, "I'm so happy that you three came to an understanding, I think our brotherhood is intact. I believe that what Devon and Quentin have might be called 'Bromance'"

DJ, standing, "Things have been pretty emotional for the last hour and a half, and I'm happy the four of you have saved your relationship of seven years. My boss is not going to be a happy camper if I'm not there to work in 15 minutes. Devon, Quentin, welcome to the Rainbow Alliance, I hope you can both make it to the next meeting."

DJ, sharing a lover's kiss and hug with Jamie, "It's been a long day, baby, I think I'll go home with Dad tonight. I'll look for you to join me in our bed when you get home, wake me if I'm asleep, OK?"

DJ left the group and walked the 5 minutes to Southside Drug, to start his shift. I arrived and was ready to clock in at the same time, with a special envelope in my back pocket.

"DJ," I said, "this envelope came in the mail today, and I brought it in for you."

DJ opened it immediately, and removed the contents, a brand new Driver's License with the name 'Kendall, Douglas Joseph' imprinted on it. DJ beamed, and showed it to me and to Justin. He is still not quite used to seeing his now legal name printed out, but he loves to see it, and hear the sound of it. At least he knows now, for certain, that he did pass the test. I'm going to need to contact my insurance agent, and have Douglas Joseph's name added to my policy. He is soon to be 20, and I'm wondering how much that will add to my premium.

When we clocked out that Saturday night, DJ tried out his new license, taking us to Chipotle for supper, and then driving us home. DJ went to bed right after we got home and I decided to wait up for Jamie to get there. I was dying to tell Jamie that DJ got his license, but knew that DJ would want to share that news with Jamie, so I didn't. Jamie told me about the incident, involving Devon, Quentin, Sean and Chuck, and how it worked out, while he was eating a sub he'd picked up at WAWA. He then headed to DJ's room, slipped into bed with DJ and fell asleep shortly. I know he was beat, after the long day he had worked. I love these two boys so much and they both make me such a proud father.

(to be continued)

Author's note:

I hope you folks are enjoying this story as much as I enjoy writing it. Actually, the characters are "doing their own things" and I'm just documenting it. Sometimes they don't follow the "script" and we get surprises. An example of this was the surfacing of Devon, Quentin, Sean and Chuck and the scene that occurred. That wasn't planned, it just happened! I'm glad they reconciled though.

As always - I love comments!!

Coming up in Part IX

The first meeting of the Rainbow Alliance, with all the new members.

A Special Thanksgiving.

DJ's 20th birthday, and his very first birthday party.

Joe and Doug set a wedding date (finally), and plan their honeymoon.