Dragon Wars Book 2 Pt. 02

Story Info
The truce continues and the return to war nears.
39.5k words
4.8
2.6k
4

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 03/19/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dragon Wars Book 2 Part 2.

Synopsis: Tallion passed on and felt betrayed by Bahamut having never spoken to him again. The Half-Dragons made lesser by Bahamut left a loss of morale among the Half-Dragon population. They all started worshiping only the Gods of the non-Dragon parent having felt betrayed by the greater deity of Dragons. Tallion never made his thoughts known, even to his children, other than to say he had stopped worshiping Bahamut for his actions. Now they were needed more than ever, but the truce kept their numbers low and Hell was coming for them all.

Inspired by multiple RPG universes but not endorsed by the former or current owners of the franchise. © EmotionalStorm October 2022. This story cannot be transferred to any other site besides Literotica.com without prior authorization in writing from the author and EmotionalStorm must be credited for this work.

Author's Note: For those who have not read my bio, please note I write as a form of therapy for a Traumatic Brain Injury. I know the English majors will probably encounter issues that annoy them. If these are your focus, instead of the story itself, then this is not the story for you. I am not and will never be a professional writer.

I do it to tell the story, for those who wish to read them. I have worked to try and improve my writing style while struggling with this issue. I have added some editing software and written a few other stories. Now I am revising and editing this earlier work to try and bring it up to a higher standard from what I have managed to learn over the last few years.

Warning: Each book will have 1-3 characters, that delve into their bedrooms and their overactive and in some cases, over-the-top sex lives. From normal to torturous. To better understand differences across species and social groups. Also, sex lives outside the 'norm.'

----

Falius went home every night and had sex with his wife repeatedly. He gave her a list of what he wanted in the upcoming days for potions that first night. He had finished his 7 days of on-the-ground classroom testing and passed his courses easily. Today was the day most of the others would find out if they had what it took to fly on a dragon or not. He would be undergoing another test he had been told.

Genisa smiled, "I will work with your father to get more lab equipment for this. But take these 2 with you. Each one is major healing with haste. An inert composite from plant extracts to separate the 2 potions is in the injectors. Both are nasty tasting, but they will work when injected or swallowed. To make it injectable, all of the flavoring we would use is removed. It will taste horrible. Safe on Elves and Half-Dragons. Dragons have not been tested yet. Fair warning, only use one injector at a time. You said you wanted to impress."

Falius kissed her and left the home after he playfully spanked her naked ass in passing. He kissed Ninshia when he passed her as she entered their home to work on his project. Ninshia smiled, "I like the lab, but she is talking about expanding. I might be in the room next to it working on your ring if she starts bringing in more beakers, burners, and stuff."

Falius smiled, "Not today, she has a list for my father. But that will take time to get ordered. Some of it is special order from glass blowers."

He teleported to the grounds as the others started to arrive. The Silver Dragon Queen waved him over and put a hand on his shoulder, "You ready to get back in the saddle? We have a prototype of the changes. It still has to be refined first, far from enchantment ready, but it goes over what you shared with me."

Falius smiled and thought to her, "I was hoping to talk with you today about something else. My wife is an alchemist. The other is still months from being old enough to marry and is an enchanter. She comes to the house to work on a ring for me to deal with acid resistance and absorption. To cut down on the damage to me. We were hoping to be considered for a female dragon alchemist mate to help my wife Ginisa's work and for joining our bed for breeding Half-Dragons. She is working on injectable potions.

Something a rider could inject into the dragon or themselves. We have not tested dragons yet, but it would be interesting to see if there are any different side effects where a dragon alchemist might have insight into the problem. Half-Dragons have been tested, but not full dragons. Two-stage potions, separated by a plant extract. She gave me two this morning. Major healing and a haste potion in them. She did not tell me who or how many, just that it had been tried. Likely a single relative."

The Silver Dragon Queen thought back, "Interesting idea as we do not carry or carry many potions into combat. Something the rider could do to aid us with damage we sustain. I have been considering you for a dragon mate. This idea of an alchemist would make sense if we wanted to work on mass-producing them and making them available. How did she get past potion miscibility?"

Falius smiled and thought, "You are asking the wrong Moon Bow that question. I know if you try and ingest them the potions would taste horrible and likely make you sick, no flavoring of any kind to make them orally palatable."

She pointed and spoke, "Check out the new design."

He went up and looked over the Adamantium Dragon, he figured it was the same one. He got on his tail, "Flip me up, I have feather fall."

The dragon flipped him up and Falius tried the boxes. They were very tight on him he shook his head, "Bigger boxes, for the Half-Dragon and human riders. Unless you enchant them to expand out. Just use more padding for the Elves."

He stuck his legs and pulled the levers up and looked at them. "Levers need a second slot to the side at the top that goes down. We can lock it and they don't slide down in flight too easily. I like the metal bar and narrow range if you will on the front of the saddle. Works well with other ideas I have mentioned to you."

He undid them and moved his feet up and locked them in and stood in the saddle, "Add 3 more footholds. Not much grip at that point, but if we want the additional observational height, I would do that. Would help with halflings as well. At least 2 more as that would be safer. Then set this to have not a standard locked position. Put a 10-degree rotation on the leg sleeves if you will, going backward. We lean forward and it will bring it down, depending on the maneuvers. We could use them like stilts to gain more height instead of pushed forward."

He put his goggles and scarf on and moved his feet back down. "I trust it enough to give it a test flight."

The Silver Dragon Queen took notes on his comments and thought to the Adamantium Dragon, "Take him and repeat the first time, Champion."

The dragon took to the air and shook him around. Falius adjusted his legs in flight and stood up in them as they continued. He stuck his hand down, "Gold Dragon again. 400 yards and gaining, 45 degrees up."

He heard back vocally, "No changing my direction. Feel free to cast."

Tallion smiled and timed it and would cast slightly ahead of the Adamantium Dragon but above him. He summoned up the staff and put a force wall with ice on it. The Adamantium Dragon saw the ice wall that did not fall and the Gold Dragon breathed on it and bounced off the force wall. The Gold Dragon thought to Falius, "Fuck that hurt."

Falius thought to the Adamantium Dragon as he touched him, "Tell him that was nothing."

The Adamantium Dragon relayed the message and then thought, "How did you make an ice wall act as a force wall and also, not fall?"

Falius smiled and spoke, "Ancient elven secret. But it was a force wall with ice applied. Looked like an ice wall, but it is a force wall with elemental damage. We got two more coming in. Bronze and Copper Dragons stacked and trailing us. 180 degrees straight behind us and gaining. Are you taking any evasive action?"

He heard back, "Baby steps. Cleared to proceed with casting."

Falius shook his head as those 2 came in at him and he sent off a tempest in front of their flight path. They both flew through it. They tried to bank away but he put it too close to miss entirely.

Falius heard from the Adamantium Dragon in his head, "Alright, what in the fuck is that?"

Falius smiled as he touched him, "Elemental tempest. They were coming in together and close. They still flew through the edges of it. Fire, electrical, and cold damage. That Copper is going to be hurting."

The Adamantium Dragon headed for home and thought to the Silver Dragon Queen, "He knows how to add ice to force walls and he threw an 'elemental tempest' that has 3 dragons coming in for healing between the two attack runs. The last 2 were hurt badly. It has fire, electrical, and cold damage in it. It is still in the sky, 120 feet in diameter circular but like an ocean storm. Took almost a minute for it to end. I did not see him cast it. Just extend a staff at them. He has to have some special staff to do that!"

They landed and the Copper Dragon nearly crashed on landing. Falius looked over as they all polymorphed and he jumped down and stored the staff, "Those levers do slide in flight. It will need that secondary slot I talked about."

The Silver Dragon Queen looked over as the 3 dragons walked in, the Gold Dragon limped some, even in human form. He looked over and asked, "What in the hell were you using? We need to know it is safe for us."

Falius sighed, "You hit a force wall. Your injuries would not have been much different, except it was cold and visible to the naked elven eye. It fooled you because of that. Trust. It goes both ways. Are you ready to show me all of your intelligence-gathering functionality? Is it safe for us? Each species has its secrets. I have been told a lot, but not out here in the open."

He tossed a syringe over to the Copper Dragon, "Tested on Elves and Half-Dragons. Try that out, injectable potions. Something my wife is working on to help dragons and riders in flight."

The Copper Dragon looked to the Silver Dragon Queen who nodded, "Try it out. He said it contains two in it. After you inject both, take to the sky again. The second is haste. The first will help with injuries. We do require trust."

Falius tossed the second one to the Bronze Dragon, "The same thing. If you want to heal, just don't try and drink it. All flavoring is removed to do it this way."

The Bronze Dragon injected himself with it and took to the air. He moved noticeably faster. The Copper hesitated, injected it into his mouth, and puked his guts up but got enough to heal him. Then he injected the second half and went back into the air. He puked his guts up again.

The second time over a group of newly arrived human riders for evaluation. Falius could not help but laugh. "I warned about that as did you. Now you got students covered in puke who think it is some kind of dragon breath weapon!"

The Bronze Dragon came back and landed. He changed forms and puked his guts up, "Alright it works but makes us nauseous. Needs refinement."

The Silver Dragon Queen went off to deal with the mess and the new students. Almost a third of them went back immediately as they dropped from the program.

The Silver Dragon Queen looked over, "That was not even a real breath weapon! I think we will have a higher percentage of those graduating with the ones remaining. Facing a breath weapon is what most are dealing with now."

Falius put his hand on the Queen's shoulder and thought to her, "I have been instructed to talk about revealing the nature of the staff to a dragon champion I would likely be paired with or one of royalty I would ride. Until I know that is the case and it will be held there, the nature of the staff is a secret. It is not for every dragon to know. I need assurances from the royalty as a whole and the champion I am riding into battle, that they are the only ones who know of this Elven staff."

She looked at him and thought back, "It is some kind of relic from the sounds of it and belonging to your people. I will speak to the Council as they do not like revealing Champions beforehand. This is Corellon sending us one and telling us this trust has to go both ways to gain this insight. I understand his position on the matter and will make the case to the Council. Thank you for clarifying that for me. A dragon alchemist seems to be needed to help with these potions, I will make them aware of your efforts to help us further.

Your insights into the saddle and the new design are helpful. Extremely helpful. Keeping them out of Chromatic Dragon's claws is another matter we are concerned with the forces they might be building. They rejected the idea of Dragon's bane on them as being too costly. The materials are rare for that and it would not function as a weapon that way."

She walked off, changed forms, and flew off to see the Council and the saddle workers. She gave them Falius's feedback on the prototype. Of Falius's class, a third of them dropped out or washed out of the course for simply teleporting away to safety. Those who used energy absorption, and attempted force walls or the like remained. It was a single dragon for them. Those who failed to spot the aggressor were of course gone from the course.

Falius was handed a scroll by the Bronze Dragon, "You took on 3 today. More than we normally do, but you have proved a challenge. Complex aerial maneuvers and such begin the day after tomorrow, Dragon Rider. You earned your spot. The others will face off against 2 tomorrow. You kept your dragon informed, asked for permission about using offensive spells while training, and were told to cast. The elemental tempest was completely unexpected, but we want those abilities on a rider. Your new potions were a bit of a mixed bag."

Falius smiled, "I am not the alchemist. I collected the injectors you left behind in case she can use them again. It is research and I asked about a dragon mate who was an alchemist to help with that research. Your stomach settled?"

He nodded, "The Copper is having a harder time because he failed to listen. He is still out flying and puking his guts up over cleared areas, the Dragon's Waste. Nothing is down there. He received orders to follow the directions and warnings given in this new research going forward."

Falius walked over and spoke with the rest of his remaining class. "You want to succeed tomorrow, look in every direction, isolate targets, and keep the dragon informed. Even if all they do right now appears to make you a target. These are the basics. The complex stuff is coming the day after tomorrow. Tomorrow is when you will be labeled a Dragon Rider. Someone worthy of training. On my first day, I took the test you took today. Today more targets, but no cooperation from the dragon. The reason being is they would be selecting their targets as they explained in the training. Working together and separately.

If you feed them additional information, their plans might change. You are their second set of eyes feeding the battlefield from the sides, above, behind, or below if inverted. The new saddle designs will take a while to come into place. I gave them a lot of ideas. They are working on those. Keep your absorption abilities up, and your spells on the target. Don't forget fixed place spells you have to lead where you and the target are going to intercept. Things discussed in the courses, don't forget all of that training on speed, intercept, and the right way to call out sightings and dragons."

---

Lendys spoke to his champion, the Silver Dragon Queen, "You have two options. Let them know the champion of the Adamantium Dragon he has been riding will be his mount or take the role on yourself. If the council listens to you then the Adamantium Champion. If not then you take him on yourself. You are not known as a champion. The 2 of you would share that secret and you could keep it from the council. There are 2 Sapphire Dragons that are female Alchemists.

They just came of age and they are considering the breeding program. One of them would be worth considering for his dragon mate for this potion research. It's yet another good idea from our elven allies. With him being a Sorcerer Champion, a neutral would be safer in regards to breeding."

The Silver Dragon Queen walked in, "We have 3 issues to discuss regarding Corellon's Champion. With the first issue, I have already taken care of that matter. Design modifications to the saddle builders. Falius explained the issues and their benefits. They are relatively minor. Yet, they are needed. All in regards to making the riders more flexible and adding additional safety measures to keep the levers from dropping down in heated combat. He did test the new saddle design and the mechanical pieces worked and he noted where the issues remained.

All are easily fixable as he had solutions. He qualified as a Dragon Rider today and I will come back to that. Second, he has a wife who is an alchemist working on injectable potions to add capabilities to heal and with this injector doing 2 potions the second one was for haste on what he brought to demonstrate her ability. The first was healing. The potions were tested on 2 of 3 dragons after his testing today. The Bronze Dragon and a Copper Dragon got injured, but the Gold Dragon was not hurt as badly. He managed to injure all 3 and take them off-target with 2 spells.

The potions caused nausea in dragons. They had been tested on Elves and Half-Dragons beforehand and the potion effects did function otherwise. The Copper Dragon did not heed the warning to not drink it from the injector. It made him extremely sick but did heal him first. The second part he injected and it did give him the haste function. If we want these injectable potions, potentially double potions to heal and provide another effect then a female dragon alchemist mate would be advised to aid his wife. He is open to adding a female dragon mate to his home.

The third issue is more confrontational in the way we do business. He was told that he would likely be flying in on a Dragon Champion or royalty. The staff he is using is some type of relic at best guess. With his divine non-detection, we have no way to even try and identify it. He will share information on this staff only with a Champion he is riding or the royal court if it is held to the royal court only. Not to all dragons. In short, he needs to know who the Dragon Champion is, he is assigned to share that knowledge or have us all agree to restrict the knowledge.

Else pair him with a King or Queen who will keep it secret. What we do know about the staff is it can add elemental effects to spells not meant to have them thus far. It can likely do more. The Gold Dragon bounced off of a force wall and received relatively minor injuries, but he thought it was an ice wall he could punch through. The wall was visible, did not fall from the sky, and was iced over. This was not the only effect that occurred. The second was the Bronze and Copper Dragons who followed. The Copper Dragon got the worst of the damage. 120 feet across circular disc-shaped and it was an 'Elemental Tempest' of cold, electric, and fire damage.

Both dragons failed to avoid it coming in with one stacked on top of the other. They expected some type of force wall, instead, he sent them both to the ground to get aid. This was all-out damage released from that staff. The Copper returned but had extensive injuries. The potion helped but did not fix everything. He is getting medical care just as soon as he stops puking his guts out, which he did over an incoming class of human mages and Half-Dragons for the next assessment.