Driving Miss Lawrence Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I can't leave her on her own in the hotel like this. Do you want me to go to hospital, or get a doctor?"

"No Jack it'd be a PR disaster if this got out. She's still conscious and talking...let's go see a nurse and get her checked out."

He nodded understanding what was meant. Jack took off and cut through the streets to get them back to his house in very little time. He phoned ahead and had Angela primed for their arrival. They popped her back into the wheelchair and headed inside. Suddenly Debbie and Laura were all business, checking pulse, pupil dilation, and asking a barrage of questions. Laura held Emma's hand while Debbie took Jennifer aside.

"I can't be certain without blood tests, but I'm almost certain she's had something added to her drink, like rohypnol. Her pulse and respiration are good, so no real concerns there. She probably just needs to sleep it off, but will have a bit of a hangover in the morning. I can get a doctor if you want though..."

"No but can you stay and look after her?"

"Not going anywhere honey. Thank goodness you were there to take care."

Jennifer looked shaken by the whole ordeal, so Angela took her to sit down and made tea. Debbie and Laura were ready to get their patient settled, but had to negotiate the stairs. Jack smiled warmly at Emma and told her he was taking her up to another room. She smiled and nuzzled into his chest as Jack scooped her up out of the chair and carried her upstairs, gently placing her on a bed. Jennifer appeared and started to undress her friend with the nurses help, so Jack discretely stepped out while Angela produced a pair of pyjamas for their new guest.

He waited a few minutes before stepping back into the room. Emma was changed and tucked up in bed as Laura gently stroked her hair. Debbie checked her temperature as Angela quietly placed a basin in case their guest was unwell later. Jennifer was on the phone, and mouthed her manager's name to him, before handing the phone over.

"Jack, you really are my knight in shining armour. I'll let Emma's manager know so she doesn't panic. I've got a doctor on the way over, no sleight on your friends but it's what I would want done if it was Jenn. Do I need to worry about a story in the papers?"

"No. I know the concierge at the hotel very well, discretion is assured and we exited out a door off the street. If anyone asks, she hurt her ankle hence the wheelchair. She can stay here if the doctor approves, otherwise I will take her anywhere she needs to go. I promise you she will be watched every minute she is here."

"Okay that sounds good. Thank god you were there. I promise you I will not forget this Jack, you're a lifesaver. You're looking for a Dr Kelly who should be with you in 30 minutes or so. Please do what she asks."

Jack assured her that it would all be taken care of, and returned the phone to Jenn. She spoke for a little while, then hung up. She gestured Jack to follow her and they stepped into her room, Jenn closing the door. She took a deep breath, then turned to Jack and started to tear up at which he stepped in and held her as she wept, the tension of the last hour leaving her body in sobs and gasps. This lasted for a few minutes until it eventually subsided, with Jenn looking up, her makeup streaked and eyes reddened.

"Oh god I must look a complete mess."

"I've seen worse."

That made her laugh and punch Jack in the arm. She hugged him tightly and said thank you over and over again. Eventually she kissed him on the cheek and stepped away. Jack left the room and checked back in on their other guest, finding the nurses carefully tending to her with Angela on hand. He explained the moment with Jennifer, then heard the doorbell ring.

He went to the door to find a young woman carrying a classic doctor's bag standing at the door.

"Hi I'm Dr Kelly, I'm here to see Miss Smith?"

Jack invited her in then politely asked to see identification before showing her upstairs to the room with Emma. As she stepped in she obviously recognised the star and stopped briefly, before continuing to the bed and conferring with Debbie and Laura. Jennifer appeared, her face scrubbed and hair pulled into a simple ponytail, now in a sweatshirt and yoga pants. They waited patiently till the doctor had finished, and then spoke to them.

"I concur with my learned colleagues. Afraid it's most likely a date rape drug of some description though I won't know for sure until we run the blood tests. For now keep her under observation, hydrated if you can and call me on this number if anything changes."

Jack took the business card and nodded. Jennifer spent a few moments thanking her before climbing onto the bed to cuddle beside her friend, who was now sleeping restfully. As he escorted the doctor to the door, Jack thanked her and offered a lift to wherever she was going. She politely refused, but got into a chauffeur driven Mercedes waiting at the bottom of the driveway.

Jack had just closed the door when Angela gave him a big hug.

"My hero once again. For stepping in and saving that young woman from god knows what...I shudder to think. And at that gathering too...I know you hear tales of sleazy executives but who would have thought. I can't think anywhere she could be in better hands."

They hugged again then went upstairs. Laura waved as she stepped through the door of a guest room as it looked like Debbie was taking the first shift. In the room Jennifer had now moved to a chair, and sat watching her friend whilst Debbie kept an eye on both. Jennifer looked up as they entered, her face a picture of cold fury.

"I think I know who did this. And it wasn't meant for poor Emma...it was meant for me."

Jack, Angela and Debbie were all shocked, but listened intently as she described their evening and being pestered by a director who said he wanted Jennifer in his next film, but spent most of the time looking at her legs.

"He was completely creeping me out, but that's a professional gathering so you play nice and tell him to fuck off quietly. He was loitering near the bar when we ordered the same drinks, got briefly distracted as we were introduced to Gemma Arterton, then hooked arms and drank each other's glass. That's the only time we didn't have our drinks in hand. We'd only had a sip or two when Emms said she felt funny. I took her to the ladies room and called you right away. Thank god she didn't drink all of it..."

Jack coldly asked for his name, barely containing his fury as he spoke.

"There's no point Jack. We can't prove a mother fucking thing, but I'll always know he did it. I won't tell you but Mandy knows the right kind of people to take care of it."

Angela took Jennifer's hand and led her out of the room to the master bedroom.

"Jennifer darling, you will be feeling angry and frustrated right now. Your friend got hurt by something that was intended for you, and you want to do something about it but you can't. You need to let that go and focus on your friend, but let us also look after you. You're shaken by all of this, who wouldn't be. Come to bed and let Debbie and Laura do their thing, I promise you she could not be in better hands."

There were more tears, but eventually her shoulders sagged, the emotions exhausting her, and she climbed into bed beside Angela. A little later, Jack popped his head around the door, but seeing the pair cuddling and asleep left them alone and returned to the room with Emma. Debbie tried to get him to leave but Jack insisted on having a familiar face on hand when she woke, but eventually dozed off in the chair.


12