Dungeon Builder's Harem Book 03 Ch. 39

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The werebears crashed into the mage, ripping through defenses. A burst of fire slammed into Bhaaloo. She roared in pain and slashed with her claws, ripping off half the mage's face and jaw. The halfling fired another crossbow bolt. It took Panja in the shoulder.

The werebear roared in pain and leaped at the halfling, crushing the rogue. And just like that, it was over. Skamianiela's body vanished. So did Daant's. Bhaaloo staggered, flesh burned. Panja turned into her human form, shouting in pain, the poison burning through her.

"No!" Mrs. Lucina cried and ran to her.

She raced past the petrified dwarf and elf. She fell to her knees and grabbed Panja's hand. The werebear stared up at her, eyes misty with pain. Froth bubbled at her lips as the poison ravished her body. Blood spilled from the crossbow bolt.

"Thank... you..." Panja groaned. "It was... nice... that you... visited..."

"You're welcome," Mrs. Lucina whispered, squeezing tight. "I'll do it more often. Bring the others."

A smile spread on Panja's frothy lips. Then she groaned and went limp. Her body melted away. Mrs. Lucina held nothing. It was over so fast. She stood up and turned around to stare back into the entrance hall. Bhaaloo clutched at her burned breast, still alive. The other two basilisks started grabbing the bodies and dragging them out of the dungeon. They had done this many times.

Then the world seemed to shift. Bhaaloo's wounds vanished as did the statues of the dwarf and elf. Panja, Skamianiela, and Daant all appeared in the cave alive and hale. They stretched their backs like they had just woken up from a dream. It was so surreal to Mrs. Lucina.

"So weak," said Panja as she moved to help the others carry the bodies to the field where they were left. Someone from Astovin, it seemed, would collect the bodies for burial. "They barely put up a fight."

"They killed half of you," gasped Mrs. Lucina. "That was weak?"

"Yeah, the strong ones blow past us," said Skamianiela. "Everyone knows they have to get through a pack of werebears and basilisks now. They come in prepared. Take potions to avoid being petrified. Use magic that's good at taking down bears. Heavy weapons."

"And it doesn't bother you at all?" Mrs. Lucina asked.

They all blinked at her in confusion. No, it didn't bother them at all. This was how the world was supposed to work. They were the guardians of the dungeon. Adventurers would gear up to face the threats they knew about. Survivors escaped all the time. Word was spreading throughout the world.

Leo Baldwin was gaining a reputation.

12