All Comments on 'Dystopia Pt. 06'

by Cathetel

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Robbb_FangRobbb_Fang3 months ago

Happy to see this story continue. Looking forward to more.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle3 months ago

I’m hard on authors. I don’t suffer ridiculous actions or convenient coincidences easily; but when I read a good story, I will tell you that as well.

This was a fantastic story. Drama. Humanity in all its forms, PTSD, and love. This is a great story and you should be proud of it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You honestly made my day. Can't wait for more.

HectorixHectorix2 months ago

To be honest, I didn't expect to read of Emil and Isla again and swing this story pop up was a pleasant surprise for me.

Beautiful writing and great characters.

MasterFlightMasterFlight29 days ago

Wow I was so glad to see the renewed work on this story. I have been a fan since the beginning and have all but given up on it continuing given the gap. The progression in this release was great and I can’t wait for more.

KerberosProtocolKerberosProtocol22 days ago

I just found this story and couldn't put it down. The story is unique and clearly has a large amount of thought put in it. As for your comment on whether it should be MF or MFFF; I would be interested/love to see how you would incorporate more women into their relationship and who they would be. Would it be characters we've already been introduced to like Rosa or a new slave, and how would the relationships form? The possibilities excit me, however, I also hold fears that the new characters would take away your ability to make the meaningful relationship and experiences between the characters that you seem to be going for. I fear that characters might lose depth, or be cast to the side in an attempt to add depth to other characters.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Thank you so much for coming back! I've loved this story for a long time. I hope you keep it MF and really delve into the existing characters and relationships, including the non- sexual ones. Like how did Faile and Perrin's attitude towards slavery develop? Are they the norm, with only wealthy people and perverts being pro- slavery, or are they the exception? Emil seems ambivalent about the concept of slavery, but his actions indicate a universal kindness towards humans irrespective of status. If be curious to learn more about how his mind works, if there's much depth of thought there.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Great continuation.

I'd love the story to stay MF - at least for a while - both Emil and Isla are such lovely crafted characters that it wouldn't be right to inflate the cast at this point - at least in my eyes.

To the question of slavery - I guess it's hard for contemporary writers to create fundamentally good characters, who are pro or at least accept the existence of slavery. But I also believe it's absolutely necessary to do it, to make a fictional world where slavery exists on some scale believable.

Emil is a good person, still he went to a slave market with the explicit goal to buy a human being - he bought Isla and treated her awkwardly, but kindly.

It would be in-character to free her, if she means more to him than the work she provides, but I guess it would be strange, if he suddenly turned into an abolitionist.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCathetel@Cathetel
385 Followers
Update 4-9-20 First and foremost, can I just say Coronavirus sucks and I hope that each and every one of you is safe and secure during these trying times. Your health is all you have, so please take care of it. Chapter 13 is published! Woot. Started to think I'd never get an...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Dystopia Pt. 05 Previous Part
Dystopia Series Info