All Comments on 'Eleanor Rigby'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 227 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
The master storyteller-well done!

Excellent as usual!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
More Drivel!

Another story full of drivel, but at least this drivel was comprehensible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
another good story

Its nice to see stories that have practical endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
You should "flesh out "your characters more

You never gave anyone else a "voice". Ted narrated, but you could have still given us some more concerning Eleanor's thoughts leading up to the incident. However, I thoroughly enjoyed it, as I do most of your submissions. Your writing shows heart and real events, with real consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
A real man.........

Atleast he stood his ground like a real man. My hats off to him. I hope he gets the girls and she has to pay child support.

sexmatesexmateabout 19 years ago
MORE REFLECTION WAS NEEDED!

HDK, Not your usual gifted finish. This could have gone in a lot better direction. Story was good but ending seemed rushed and not well thought out. I believe this couple could fix things after she seen the true Dan! I believe she just did make a mistake. He is no wimp but why would you throw everything, the years, the relationship,the future, down the drain after she was showing such remorse I believe he was making a mistake that he would regret after more time and reflection. Well that is my opinion!

Thanks for writing!

Sexmate

ryu77ryu77about 19 years ago
Great story!!!1

I would have liked to see the ending a little more drawn up, but the story was still good. Yeah, I guess he could have forgiven her, but he was tired of living in fear all those years and just wanted out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
cute - but

I love the snobs that put "flesh out characters more' and the rest - this is a free smut site - cheap trash porn and that is it. If you want to read (or write) class fiction send it else where. JUST A PORN SITE and that is all. BUt the story was amusing in a boring way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Real Hero

Great story. Great hero. The type of guy everyone should aspire to be. Would love a sequel to see what happens to his life after.

the Troubadorthe Troubadorabout 19 years ago
I have to agree with Sexmate

The story was well written, the emotion was there, but the ending didn't belong to the husband or to the wife.

First, we have no real idea what the wife was like, as you never used her voice. But it seemed to me she was truly in love with her husband. I could see her being shaken by his evaluation of himself and her, and that leading to something she would have never done in her right mind. But the man who was deadly in love with her to suddenly lose all sense of her value didn't fly. There were certainly ways for the man and woman you had described to get over the catastrophe the husband walked in on. And I can't imagine a man as sensitive, caring and loving as you portrayed suddenly turning into a bull headed neanderthal that can see no ending but death to the marriage and the kids happy home.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
great

exactly right he was to good for her..... he deserves something much better than her.... she deserves what she got ... hope she chokes on it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Torn between 4 & 5 - Another?

After much thought, gave it a 5 but... I agree with Real Hero (anon) and Troubador's comments. How about a fight by Ellie over the divorce, Dan gets his, and maybe they get back together after the girls (daughters) somehow accomplish (or at least assist) the reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
I have to disagree with Sexmate and Troubador to dis

This was not a snap decision. He did not, "suddenly lose all sense of her value." He had time to think about it and reflect on what had happened and what led up to that night.

How did he put it? "You knowingly, willingly, even eagerly, jumped into Dan Wilkins' arms and bed. It was no accident. I tried to convince you not to take up with him, but you did anyway." It is implied that this was not the first time.

Once is a mistake. Purposely entering into something over the fears and requests of your spouse is not. The only concrete reason for her renewed love for him is a classic case of the Knight in Shining Armor (KSA) complex. That's the only reason for her remorse. She betrayed him, on purpose and, apparently, repeatedly. The KSA will fade, and she will have seen what she can get away with. There is nothing to fix.

I will say, however, that the ending was a little too abrupt. A little more realization from Ellie about what is happening would have been nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Opinions are like rear ends...

With that lead in, I offer my most unworthy omissions.

The story was well organized, well written, and entertaining. My only criticism is that the ending appears to be inconsistant with the protagonist's personality.

I had expected this family-oriented protagonist to seek some method of holding the family together before progressing to termination of the marriage. I was suprised by the husbands willingness to seek divorce in such a quick and decisive manner. His actions lead me to wonder if there were other issues going on, or other evidence he found regarding her infidelity, that was not provided in the text.

I guess I am wrestling with whether seeing his wife in her office with her lover plus the "river" metaphor thing are enough to induce the response observed in this protagonist. Regardless, the fellow got fragged and may be fragging himself worse with his hasty? decision.

romaq7705romaq7705about 19 years ago
perfect

ted did the right thing. he practically begged ellie to forgo this year's event. right or wrong he felt threatened by dan's presence. and what did ellie do? she used her females wiles to skirt the issue and make ted feel better that night.

if ellie really loved ted, she would have given in and left the casino chores to others. the story tells of the tensiion filled weeks leading to the discovery. if ellie was innoncent she could have easily difused the tension.

ted said nothing which ellie took as a sign of ted's 'wimphood'. ellie disregarded what we men hold dear to us, our manhood. she fucks dan and thinks ted is dumb enough not to catch them.

if i were ted, i would have let ellie die to save me the trouble of a divorce and also the pain of having top hear her say things like, sorry., i love you not him. it was a mistake. blah, blah, blah.

hdk, you're the nose when ted said, "i'm too good for you"

MORE!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
more please

DIDN'T like ending loved it as a love story

i hope you keep it growing some more thank you

studyingstudyingabout 19 years ago
you got that right

Good story, good imagination, excellent divine intervention (the bridge) and the needed commupance was delivered. Way to go!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
more of this story

more on the aftermath of the divorce.her thinking and the childred.how he handle his company.give us a ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Ah The Romantics

Another well conceived and delivered story. It seemed very real and evidenced serious consideration for what was conveyed. What spouse hasn't had concerns of thier marital partners long term devotion. It's quite human given the known divorce rates today.

The several critisisms rendered were very inapropriate if the same story was read by those critics as was by me.

He took the time to clearly voice his concerns and her response was very direct, specific and loving. She had cut off their sex and was obviously involved for repeated sessions. She had coldheartedly lied with malice and purpose to cuckold him repeatedly. Nothing she could say or do would restore the respect lost or the trust thrown away.

There was ample time for him to make a considered decision which would have reflected upon the knowns stated above. Sure he still loved her and while she said she loved him how could he possibly have believed her after what she previously said and then did??? What would stop her from doing it again when she felt the need.

The romantics felt this was too quick and rash but for those of us who have been there it made the ultimate practical sense. For those who haven't consider this. Hit your head against a brick wall repeatedly - for say an hour - then ask yourself which feels better - the pain or the realization that you can stop the pain by just not doing it anymore. You realize that while you can control your head, the wall doesn't respect or care about you one dither.

I respect you author and I respect your decisions about this story - they are unquestionably valid - next story please! With high Regard

P.S. - I liked the song as well - perceptive arn't they.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Bravo

I liked it all, including the ending. She made her decision, she just found out too late what a great guy he really is........life is sometimes like that.

rpsuchrpsuchabout 19 years ago
Hard to evaluate

It's hard to evaluate without hearing from her and more from him.

His Decision

Maybe this is like starting a weight bearing wall and realizing it has to be torn down because it can't do the job, in which case he has made the only rational decision possible regardless of how quickly he made it. (In a construction metaphor for him) Maybe it's because this validated his lack of confidence in the relationship, in which case the decision might be hasty. Maybe he is assuming things he should not (as I'll discuss under her), in which case the decision might be hasty. Maybe he feels he's warned against his worst case fears and she used it to set him up and he sees no possibility of ever trusting her/himself again. We only have his decision so we have to draw our own conclusions.

Her Decision

Maybe she meant what she said to him but something changed while working on the event. Maybe she had been thinking about it but this was the first time. If either of these is the scenario, her behavior is a problem but there must be some non-zero possibility they can work it out. Have you never done something you said you would never do? I have.

Maybe she had been doing it from the beginning and had turned around his fears so she could have the freedom to indulge herself. If this is the scenario, how can she even imagine there is a possibility for reconciliation? The same actions, cheating and lying, in these two scenarios show why motive is such an important element of a crime. Neither is good, but the second scenario shows such a complete lack of respect for him and the relationship that there is nothing to repair.

Did she succumb or was she the aggressor? Yet another hopeless scenario.

How she did it and why are more important than just the facts or cheating and lying. HDK left us to decide these for ourselves as is the author's prerogative.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Yeah!

Great story! I love the Loving Wives stories where the husband is a real man! Great job!

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 19 years ago
Great

great HDK I loved the story. Ted is a very big man loving very much a family man. I do have to agree with the other the ending was alittle unusual for someone like Ted. I cam relate to his feelings remembering school days, the girls that had their own little group and us average guys didn't approach them. But from the way this is written I think Ellie did love him and he loved her and saved her life. Ted had the chance to tell his in laws what kind of daughter they had but he didn't so he must have respected her. I thought part of the reason was he didn't think he was good enough but in the end Ted said he was better than her.... still great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
My Two Cents...

HDK: First, let me commend you for giving us another entertaining story. And, like so many others, I find the consequences for the wife's actions to be deserved and realistic. However, I'm unclear on what motivated her to cheat in the first place. ("Cute - butt"..oops, "but", I hope I'm not boring you to actually delve into a character's motivation on a porn site...I guess I just can't help my own "snobbery".) Apparently, during her entire marriage she has been faithful. She also vehemently delcares to her husband her love for him AND her good fortune in having landed him. She hasn't seen this other guy in probably 20 years or more. While it might be argued that her husband, in expressing his insecurity planted the seed, it would seemingly take more than that to cause her to be unfaithful. And this guy, 'Dan Wilkins', is actually described as being somewhat superficial. Not much of a comparison to make with 'Ted', the hard-working father of her children and husband for 16 years. Did she never get over this guy from her dating him in high school? Don't know. So, HDK, why'd she decide to cheat with this guy and risk everything?

One more thing (Hang on, "cute - but," I'll be done in a moment), while I agree with the outcome, I didn't see anywhere in the story where it was intimated that 'Ted' had actually made contingency plans for what to do if 'Ellie' were cheating with 'Dan.' All we are given are his worry and concern. Ergo, to me the ending seems a bit abrupt as well. I don't see how, laying in the hospital, he had the wherewithall to consult with a lawyer.

Again, HDK, I enjoyed the story very much. And, again, as usual, I look forward to your next submission.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardabout 19 years ago
Stabbed and stabbed

Well another great story from HDK. wow...

Yeah the guy is a little insecure about his relationship, but he acts like a man and becomes the 'best' for his wife.

He then feels threatened by a 'rival' and says so to the wife, she, well, lightly berates him for his fears.

Then his fears turn out to be reality. what a loving wife.

Do I think this was the first time? No.

Does she feel bad? Oh yeah...maybe even the guy to...hell he was driving her home to see the husband. But to tell someone that you have a fear in the relationship, be told not to worry and then see it happen .... bad bad bad.

Now I would like to see a part 2 as well... couse I have a few questions and would liek to see some aftermath.

Questions :

1) how did it start again?

2) did she even ever worry about her husband's fears?

3) while he was in the hospital, why didn't she ever talk to him then?

4) how does Dan feel about all of this? Why was she driving back to the house in his car?

Aftermath : I just want to know what everyone will think about the divorce. Imagine, your dad/son-in-law does this great thing, over some 'creep', and then you find out they are getting divorced...becouse your mother/daughter had an affair with the creep.

I guess the best was to tell that tail would be to do a "Eleanor's tale" where she gets to tell her side. That will also quite down those who call the story onesided.

Hope you do, this is a GREAT story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Eleanor Rigby Cries

Given the words to that song, and how this very good story ended, it seems to me it cries for follow up. I can see his logic, the demons of 16 years have worn him down and he is tired of fighting them especially in light of her actions. Yet, there are consequences and I think an exploration of them would had to the verses of this story don't you think?

I do enjoy your writing and your stories. I think a sequel would be a very interesting piece to read. Well, done.

SalamisSalamisabout 19 years ago
Cut to the bone

This, beyond any of your previous stories, seemed to cut right the bone of my being. As in all of your stories so many questions are left unasnwered and that only adds to the richness of the tale.

Is divorce the end of this couple? Somehow I don't think so. Ellie's behavior was reckless and destined to get her caught. Why else conduct an affair in a place so accessible? As for Ted, I discounted his comments at the end. He saved his wife not because if was an accident...but because it was Ellie. That is love; the same love that his daughter exhibited by running flat out to save him.

More telling to me was Ellie's statement that she KNEW he would come for her. That level of trust would not be destroyed by a mere divorce.

It's odd, but the last time I recall such an statement of trust was in 1976 in the Israeli rescue mission on a the airport in Entebbe, Uganda. After the rescue of hostages was concluded one old woman was interviewed about her ordeal as a hostage. I vividly recall her say to the reporter "we KNEW they would come". In that small statement she expressed a level of trust in her government that I wished I had in my own.

Thank you for providing such a thought provoking, though somber, story.

Kanga40Kanga40about 19 years ago
Good story, ridiculous criticisms

The anonymous post under " Ah The Romantics" really hits the nail on the head.

Ted warned her by telling her of his worries. What does she do but go off and do exactly that which he pleaded against with her.

Ted's analogy of her deciding to jump in the water was excellent, and as he said to her: "...It was no accident. I tried to convince you not to take up with him, but you did anyway."

That tells the whole story.

What sort of low life bitch does it take to do what she did after his pleas to her. Ted is absolutely correct, he is way too good for her.

We know no reason why she decided to screw Dan, but what reason could any supposedly loving wife have to do what she did? Whatever the reason, she is a heartless bitch who does not deserve a loving relationship with anyone. She is obviously incapable of returning a wholehearted commitment.

Of course, there is the usual flaw in these stories - no reasonable scenario for why a woman would do what Ellie did is ever forthcoming. I cannot believe this would happen so easily in a relationship which is truly solid.

Ted knew that too, and acted accordingly.

I was so furious I had to get up from the computer and go for a walk after reading Troubador's comment and before writing mine.

He says "it seemed to me she was truly in love with her husband".In Auatralia we have an expression which covers that statement perfectly. BULLSHIT!

Yes, she loved him so much she went out and fucked the other guy after he confided his self doubt to her, yep, that be love, sure enough!

And then he says, "I can't imagine a man as sensitive, caring and loving as you portrayed suddenly turning into a bull headed neanderthal". Come on, the guy's so-called wife not only cheats, but with a guy she knows he is worried about. No way the cheating not an absolutely deliberate, calculated decision on her part.

And the neanderthal still saved her bloody life, didn't tell anyone else about what he saw either. Definitely not what I could imagine as 'neanderthal' conduct.

Then we have the bleeding hearts and their 'she just made a mistake' rubbish. Save me from these apologists where nothing is ever anyone's fault. She made a deliberate decision to cheat on her husband, she knew the possible result - she had discussed it with Helen - yet she chose to reject her present relationship, her family , her lifestyle and screw the ex jock.

Well, bleeding hearts, in the real world people make decisions and have to live with the consequences.

"I know it's wrong to shoot people judge, but I only did it once, and I'm sorry so please let me off. Oh by the way, he begged me not to do it, so I thought about it for a while, but decided I might get away with it. I'm sorry, I really am. I won't do it again. Can I have my gun back please?"

This was a well written story, but I agree with csome of the other critics about the four sentence ending. It was not a true indication of HDK's true talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Great story, but?

Like most of your stories, this one was well done, but I was a little shocked at the callous attitude you exhibited toward the marriage of your two protagonists. As a great believer in happy endings, I found your "one strike and you're out " attitude after 16 years of marriage a little cold blooded, The HDK I know believed in actions and consequences but you showed no evidence of it in this story. What hapened to your communicatefirst tenet? There was no communications in this story- just-" here's your divorce". kind of sad ending. the ct. Yankee

Joe_AvgJoe_Avgabout 19 years ago
Great story

Really liked it. I disagree with those who say the husband acted rashly and/or out of character in the end and that he should have forgiven his wife.

Maybe he could have but not with the facts we have. Husband summed it up pretty well in the story and several comments have given the many reasons why this wasnt just something to forgive & forget (he basically told her not to before hand, she knew how hurt he would be, she knew how a real person would react when discovering spouse in affair etc. etc. etc.). In the end it just comes down to her looking at all the facts and making a choice that didnt include her husband. Its not like she slipped up at a party when she was drunk or something. It was a deliberate act, not a mistake like she tried to claim.

Although this story is very well contained on its own, I too wouldnt mind seeing a part 2. For purely selfish reasons, I wouldnt mind seeing what happened when everyone singing his praises (inlaws, daughters etc) find out what she did. Again this is pretty selfish of me - I like seeing the bad guy get a little payback in my fiction. I would like to see the husband go on to find real happiness & the ex be broken up over what she lost (maybe not realistic but I like at least semi-happy endings in fiction).

You could also go the other way and try to explain the wife's actions a bit more if you want a reconciliation. As some others have mentioned, you dont really explain why she did it so we are left with the obvious - that she was selfish, self-centered, didnt really love anyone (including her kids) and just a generally unlikable person. If this isnt what you intended, you could always come up with a twist in a second chapter that allows the wife to be more sympathetic & then go for a reconciliation (over a long period of time & with alot of pain & setbacks I would hope).

Anyway, I assume you dont intend a part 2 since you do sometimes like to leave the reader to work a little & dont always spell out the rest of their lives. Im not trying to get you to 'compromise your artistic vision' :), just giving my 2 cents (see above: happy endings for the good guy, unhappy bad guy, selfishly like neat endings etc).

rip32rip32about 19 years ago
Great Story

People have different ideas on what makes a happy ending. Some people think a couple reunited, no matter how badly one of them has been hurt, is a happy ending. Others, like me, think a happy ending is when the injured party goes on to meet someone who really loves them, and has a happy life. Ted had to jump in the water to save her, because their children were standing behind him watching. If he had stood there and watched her drown his children would have hated him. As for forgiveness, I like El Sol's adage "Forgiveness is permission to do it again."

jaggers0053jaggers0053about 19 years ago
all except the ending

wasn't much character development.with that in mind the ending,without a lot of explanation,was appropriate.

some correspondants say the wife seemed to really love her husband and was remorseful. her husband caught her having sex.but why presume that it was the first time and that it wouldn't have continued long term if she hadn't got caught.

i thought it was a good story,just not your best.but as i've said before,they can't all be 'best'.

don

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
What a story

Gave you a 5 would have been a 10 if Icould! It was a really great story even if we all knew she was going to fuck her old boy friend once he was brought into the story. It was an increditably sad story too. I have seen a few of my good freinds go the same way as this couple. None got back togeher. I hope there is a next chapter and they do get back together. But make her and that fucking ass hole suffer if you do. Make him pay my friend.V

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
I would not have read this story if

it were not for the positive feedback you received. I hate "loving wives" stories. It is always about some really great guy getting completely fucked over by his "wife." She cheats, she gets caught, the husband is destroyed...you know the scenario. Anyway, I would like to see some consequences and reprecussions to the wife and her lover. In this story, i'm glad he did not forgive her. There is no way any man is going to see the act of his wife fucking another man and forgive her. Come on. It was a good story but your ending was rushed. Did you have food on the stove burning or something?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
they've said it all

had several thoughts. the others have said it all. great story. wish there were more, glad there is not. would like some answers, but really don't want to know. the fact is, this story could make several other great stories, maybe that is why it is so good. keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Title caption says it all.....

Great story, agreed with most comments, particularly Kanga40. The authors title caption opened the door.... Ted had the nagging self doubt, remember the song "When you're in love with a beautiful woman...", and he revealed that to her, and then she wiped her butt with his love. His revelation only gave her the security to think she could cheat, and when(always in these stories) found out, his devotion to her and insecurity about keeping her would force him to take her back. Best real-life ending for all concerned, and does leave room for a sequel.

However, he doesn't get off scot-free.. Ted had the opportunity to properly assert himself as a Man, and accept her offer to step down from the charity work that would expose her fatally to her own weaknesses that brought betrayal. I know some of you won't wear that, but snags only exist in womens magazines, the truth is there are only wimps and Men out there, nothing in-between. If she then did object or BULLSHIT around it, he would have then had an opportunity to insist his wishes on the situation, whereby still only taking her up on her offer, at worst suffering some temporary situation for the greater good(but the story was never going to go that way). Of course none of this failing on his part ever diminishes her crime.

At one point when she's washed away, the reader briefly thinks they're both going to drown together, then maybe just Ted. The ending did let that intensity of emotion down, not enough suffering on either of their parts, particularly hers. One things dead right, connecting right back to the title caption..it turned out HE really was too good for her.

DeadWouldDeadWouldabout 19 years ago
Great story

Got the masses buzzing.

I think a combination of Kanga and Joe Avg sums up my thoughts on the plot and its ending.

The only ending possible given what we are told in the story.

As for the way the ending was written by HDK, I think the guy who asked if the writer had 'something burning on the stove and had to rush off' hit the crux of the matter.

Seems like the author got to where he wanted the characters to be, then said of his readers, "Stuff 'em, that'll do!" and went to make a pot of coffee.

He could have written the same ending with far more panache.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
This is one of these stories

that put me in the like it or hate it. Loved the suspense would she or wouldn't she cheat because of the husband's anxiety. Even love the rescue of the damsel in distress. But I didn't like how she ended up after saying how great a catch her husband was. Was really hoping that she would have Dan in the fetal position, while he is holding his nuts, and Ellie was giving him a stern lecture why she wouldn't cheat on her husband and then turn on her husband for every doubting their love together.

X_BishopX_Bishopabout 19 years ago
Did he call it upon himself?

Sir Knight

This was a very good story. I wasn't sure till the end what the outcome would be. Having him risk his life to save hers was an excellent touch. The only problem I had is that I think you stopped just before the highest drama started. Up till the last sentence I could think that Ellie thought she could put humpty dumpty back together again. Not that I wanted vengence but I did want to see her humiliation and devastation. How would Ellie explain it to her parents or the girls? Perhaps there is a part two to be written from her POV. However to address the title, it irritated me that he called this down upon himself. At the end he says that Ellie is not very good for him but I think his own insecurities destroyed his marriage as much as anything else in the story. Good story. Very thought provoking.

Read ya again later

Bishop

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Anon in Seattle

Patricia51 already posted that story last week - I thought you commented on it.

Joe_AvgJoe_Avgabout 19 years ago
Dont understand blaming husband

He was supposed to be a macho asshole, order her around and forbid her from leaving the house?

All you can do is hope your spouse chooses you. Trying to prevent them from straying is not only futile & pointless, its a crappy version of a marriage. He made his feelings clear, tried to be the best husband he could & then let her choose. What else could he do?

All you can do is try the best you can & hope its enough. If its not enough, dont try blaming yourself or rationalizing away a willing dismissal of your feelings. He made his concerns know & then hoped she would value him enough not to throw everything away. When she showed how much she actually valued him, he made the only choice possible. Its not wimpy, its the only reasonable way to behave in a marriage. Buy a dog if you want to order something around.

As much as I like some of X_Bishop's stories, I also have to disagree with his insinuating that the husband showing weakness was the catalyst that drove the wife to cheat. Its crazy to expect the guy to be dominating and over-confident all the time. Why even get married if you have to put on a show for the rest of your life. Its natural for anyone to have doubts and insecurities. Everyone has them even if they arent always about the same things. If his wife wasnt the kind of person he could open up to, then his likely correct that he's better off without her. Might as well just go to bars and pretend to be uber-confident strutting yahoo type and pick up random women for sex if thats how you expect to live a whole marriage. Why even bother if you cant be yourself and still expect your partner's love & support?

Kanga40Kanga40about 19 years ago
Dont understand blaming husband #2

Joe, I love you! Well, your latest comment anyway...

You are one of the very few on Lit who understand what a marriage is supposed to be.

Glad you put it so well:

"All you can do is hope your spouse chooses you. Trying to prevent them from straying is not only futile & pointless, its a crappy version of a marriage."

All I can say is "AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!"

16 years or 60 years married, if your partner doesn't want you, then why, oh why would you want them?

M'lord Bishop, I was going to post a rebuttal of your POV, but Joe was so eloquent.

If a spouse is not the one you can share ALL your feelings with, why are you with them??? Was he supposed to keep things from her - like she did about Dan's arrival? Sorry, that's not a marriage - as demonstrated in this story.

rpsuchrpsuchabout 19 years ago
Just in case it's not clear

Just in case the previous comments about not being able to control someone else aren't 100% clear:

My wife needs to take a crap but she's busy so, to be sure it gets done, I'll take it for her. Impossible you say? Of course. You control you. That's all you ever get.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Minor problems

Not your best story...

What I don't get is Eleanor's character.

First she rants on, somewhat vehemently, about how she loves him and would never cheat, blah blah blah, and she also knows how insecure hubby is and is even willing to give up her job for him.

Then she cheats?

Typically, when someone argues like that, they usually mean what they say and would probably be extra sure that it wouldn't ever _ever_ happen, especially considering she knows just how he feels.

So she's either an Oscar winning actress, or a sociopath, but there were no indicators of that.

After 16 years of marriage, cold manipulation or mental disorders usually bacome apparent, especially when he's been watching for any strange signs from her all these years, but none of that is in evidence.

So how'd the seduction happen?

If it happened slowly, why didn't Ellen try to stop it or warn Tom somehow, unless she is evil (see previous paragraph)

If it happened that day Tom caught them. Suddenly betraying your man at the drop of a hat like that... (see previous also)

That's what blew it for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
a nonny mouse

This was a very good story. It was great to see that a real man was involved rather than some candy-assed wimp.

beesfanbeesfanabout 19 years ago
A sign of a good story.

When it generates so many diverse and impassioned comments. My opinion, for what it’s worth, is that at the heart of this story lies the fact that Ellie and Ted are not in a relationship of equals. This has nothing to do with the extent Ted does, or should, control his wife but may influence the way in which Ellie controls her own actions. Check out her final comments when referring to her affair with Dan. Lacking from them is the word ‘if’, as in ‘IF you can forgive me’, or ‘IF you want us to stay together’, then this is how I will make it up to you for my ‘mistake’. The nature of their relationship causes her to assume that forgiveness is not an issue for him (he’s permanently astonished that she has stayed with him as long as she has, isn’t he?) and that all he requires is confirmation that she still loves him and will continue to stick around, while treating him better than ever. Therefore, one major incentive for her to control her own behaviour and refuse to indulge herself in an ‘exciting’ fling with a ‘bad boy’ from her past is removed, or at least severely weakened. She has little or no fear of the consequences of discovery and, of course, the dramatic incident in which Ted risks his life to save hers would do nothing to change that perception.

She obviously miscalculated. Though it’s hardly surprising that Ted, who’s sole purpose in life seems to have been to do everything he possibly could to keep her happy, and therefore keep her around, should feel particularly pissed off in the circumstances, especially as his fears about her relationship with Dan were specifically talked about beforehand. The ending therefore is entirely right, and while I too would have liked to hear something of Ellie’s reaction to what she had lost, and would, sentimentally, like to see Ted establish a relationship with a woman he felt truly comfortable with, that I guess would be my story and not Harddaysknight’s. That’s my take, which of course could just be bollocks! My thanks to the author for another thought-provoking story.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Needs something!

Another good story but it needs more to the ending. Ted needs to do SOMETHING to Dan. Broadcast his adultry? No, there are the kids and their mother would bring humiliation to them and they are innocent, not desrving of that. I think he needs to really kick Dan's ass. Baseball bat, if necessary!

There should have been a full confession from her. How many times had she fucked Dan? First time? 3 times? or 28? If it was the first time or nearly so, they might have been able to work it out. Even though she deliberately fucked over him. Trust WOULD be completely gone after their discussion of their feelings for each other. But time can heal. 16 years includes a lot of good memories including Jen and Audry. It would be difficult to just throw it all away and have two girls loving you but you're gone. Teenagers need a dad, too! And even LONG affairs have been forgiven. Marriage counseling would be an absolute MUST!

One thing, I felt as proud of Jen as if she were actually my own daughter. Thanks HDK.

A small point. His shoulder would take much punishment by using it to break down the door. No, you stand back and raise one foot and kick it, just as you see on TV. MUCH more powerful!! Even if there was a chair propped against the door it would shatter. Legs are powerful!

fregenfregenabout 19 years ago
Wow!

Wow HDK. Kinda stirred up a hornet's nest! Having read *all* the comments to date I don't think I can add anything new. But...here goes anyway:

The ending is too abrupt. What were her motivations? Never could figure this out. Although from the story I take it this was *not* the first time with Dan since he was back (the lack of sex with Ted is the clue).

Ted shares his concerns and fears with her beforehand. She decides with malice aforethought to cheat anyway. Rather a callous disregard for her husband, marriage, and children.

So what we have is a wife who, after her husband talks to her about it, decides to cheat anyway. Do I find his reaction (asking for the divorce immediately) unrealistic? No. Not at all. Quick yes. Unrealistic no.

Would I like to see a followup story - maybe from her viewpoint? Selfishly sure. Do I need one? No. This story stands alone.

BTW Nightowl *is* correct. Having kicked in my front door in my younger days (in a fit of pique) I can attest the doorframe does splinter quite readily. (I am much more mellow now.)

HuwRHuwRabout 19 years ago
Love story

Again a great story. Would like some sort of sequel. How they get on after the divorce and what reason is given for it to the in-laws, friend etc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Erotic Story ???

I thought this was an erotic story site. It's a nice little story with a moral but maybe it belongs on another story site, like whybother.com. Anybody that's impressed with this piece of work is an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
SHITE.

All your stories are complete shite.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeabout 19 years ago
Another greeat one HDK

A husband that did the right thing. He was however insecure in that he thought he was doomed to failure from the start. It would have been better if the couple had reconciled but then that would have possibly made him look like a wimp along with being cuckolded. The kids would suffer somewhat from the split but that type situation happens frequently. It was Ellie's fault entirely and the kids should have known that.

Another fine job. Thank you for writing it.

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 19 years ago
Again

I have read this story commented read the comments reread the story and then read more comments. You know the old addage fits here " If you love some one let them go if they don't come back you never had them in the first place. " I think this is what Ted felt, he thought he never truly had her and knew her old lover was back in town. So finally he let her go and she didn't come back or stay true to him. So did he ever have her in the first place? She said she adored him, She trusted him, she said she should worry about him being taken my other women. But did she ever love Him. I stll would love a chapter from her POV it would be a great addition to the story as well as a great point for discussion here

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Misogynistic Rubbish

Totally miscategorised story. Should have gone under the 'Readers Digest Morality Tale' heading. The lack of erotic content didn't endear it to me. Plus, Ted was a bit of a dick, unable to actually communicate his problems to his wife.

So, Ted, unable to forgive his wife for this incident, saves her life, ends up in hospital, recovers and asks for a divorce. A guy with an overly moralistic, black and white code, allowing no room for indiscretions, peccadillos. Sure, he asked her not to, she did, and then he wants her to leave? You've obviously got some issues here.

And I'm not really keen on your style either. It's more than a bit Bible tractish.

I won't be reading your stuff again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Lousy

For the first half of the story, I was practically enraged at Ted's appalling lack of self esteem. How can you be married for well over ten years to someone who never gives a reason to doubt her, and still be waiting for "the other shoe to drop"? Ted has his own psychological problems, and arguably, was pivotal in Ellie's cheating.

Besides all that, if Ted loved Ellie so much, he would have given her a second chance, or at least been willing to go to marriage counseling with her.

There's also a bit of a problem with the ending. Ted, with almost twenty years of persistent low self esteem, suddenly concludes that the object of his adoration is beneath his standards. Sorry; doesn't work.

You're written good stories in the past, but this is not one of them.

samissamisabout 19 years ago
Eve of destruction

I have a problem with Ellie purposefully putting herself in harms way. Since she is the chairperson for the local hospital auxiliary, she was the one that probably suggested Dan has being the local businessman for the Co-chair of the fund raiser. Even if she didn’t suggested Dan, she could have suggested another businessman that had a good reputation in the community, the prime person being her husband.

Then when Ted and Ellie had their after dinner conversation concerning Teds’ concerns,

“Ellie quietly asked as she slid closer to me. "I don't have any problem working with Dan, but if it bothers you, I will drop out, or get him to resign or something."” Teds’ response to this is "Sweetheart, I hate being such a jerk, but he worries me. He worries me a lot.” Ellie totally ignores Teds’ statement and continues in harms way. Finally, when the tension and anxiety between Ted and Ellie is at the max, she still continues.

It appears that she set herself on a course for destruction but didn’t care about the consequences. Especially so by having a tryst at the community center with all the other volunteers present. Wouldn’t this raise a lot of eyebrows or did the other volunteers want to see the destruction. Helen didn’t give any indication to Ted that anything was amiss when he went to pick Ellie up early.. Nice covering for her friend.

I did like the irony of Ellies’ statement that she wasn’t going to change horses in mid-stream, but ending up in the overflowing stream.

Over all a good story and outcome. So far.

romaq7705romaq7705about 19 years ago
56 comments... WOW!

2 days, 56 comments. surely, this has be a record of sorts! the debate rages because of unanswered questions like, who is ellie? why did she cheat? was it the only time? etc.

this is a great story. it definitely can stand alone. but reading the comments posted, i feel there is growing consensus that the tale of ted and ellie (and maybe dan) should continue.

i, myself would love to hear what motivated (drove) ellie to forget her vows despite pleas from ted. how did ellie take ted's decision to divorce her? how did the children react? does dan go unpunished for ruining 16 years of wedded bliss.

what do say, hdk? chapter2?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
"Tales of the Taliban"

The first scene in the story (with the husband overhearing the conversation between wife and friend) is a great, I will steal it to write a real story.

Of course, people have a right to write "tales of taliban", but we really need a separate category for bilge like this.

chezshirecatchezshirecatabout 19 years ago
Actually a great story

Wow, I can't believe how many different opinions this one story has provoked. For what it's worth, I really liked this one, HDK. And I also would love to see a sequel, if you have the time and inclination. It's nice to see something other than the usual stroke story here, and you did a great job on this one. I disagree with some of the comments that Ted didn't have a well developed character - I thought you did a great job developing him. I would love to see more development for Ellie, however, hence which is why I would love a sequel of some type, just to answer some questions. Of course, it doesn't matter how many times she cheated - if she cheated once, it was more than enough - but why? What happened after the divorce? It's always nice to see the villian get comeuppance, but realistically, it doesn't always happen in the real world. I also wouldn't want to risk Ted, who is a great character IMO, being ruined by turning bitter or seeking vengeance. Let him take the high road. Again, great job, HDK.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
I don't usually comment on stories

But this one totally rocked. I give it a 5 out of 5.

Senna JawaSenna Jawaabout 19 years ago
Bravo! (3xYes)

Is it a simple story? Yes.

Is it naive? Yes.

Is it a great sory? Yes!

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Naysayers forget

Dan was one man she fucked in High School and probably still remembered him quite well even after 20 years.

The overheard conversation proved the two women DID remember Dan well.

Their proximity working closely together probably brought back some very good memories and then.........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
chapter2!...chapter2!...chapter2!

this is ted's story. what about ellie's? i don't think my opinion of her would drastically change, but would like to hear it just the same.

i disagree with the posters who say ted has a psychological problem by being insecure. who wouldn't? ellie is an intelligent knockout with a great personality. well, ted isn't.

as billy joel said in his song, "when you love someone, you're always insecure". the trick is to find an acceptable way to deal with one's insecurities. the most common way is for the husband to be very jealous, possessive and an all around asshole.

ted chose to deal with his in a positive way. he tried hard to be the best husband and lover to his wife and the best best father to his children.

he saw trouble in the horizon with dan's return. he felt the beginning of the end of his marriage when dan co-chaired casino night. still he kept his insecurities at bay, albeit too hard and trusted ellie to do the right thing.

if ted had a psychological imbalance, he would have erupted and told ellie straight out to give up casino night. all have insecurities. like i said the trick is dealing with it in an acceptable way.

i guess we know the loving wives story for the year 2005.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
keep up the good work

ANOTHER GREAT STORY. I am a big fan and this doesn't have your usual ending (nor an ending I like.) I can see the posibility for a chapter 2 which could bring them back together. Hope you will consider this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Coolest Ending

That was the coolest ending that I've ever read. It caps the whole story. The ending should be used on TV. Great Story

thebulletthebulletabout 19 years ago
Thought provoking

Here is a story that has lots of supporters and lots of critics. What it has done is evoke a passionate response from almost every reader. I'm pretty sure that was HDK's intent. As always his story was original and insightful.

Like many other readers, I would like to see a sequel, even though a sequel isn't necessary. When a story is this good, and leaves the reader with so many questions or assumptions, it just has us wanting more. Selfishly, I didn't want it to end when it ended.

This is a classic of its kind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
good story tellers evoke

good story tellers evoke all forms of emotion. they do this by their ability to make their characters come alive in our minds. in that way the author plays with all our emotions, love, hate, anger, joy, etc.. this author, with this story, has turned on the fountain. i actually hate when an author doesn't like their critics and reminds them it's "only a story", if it's only a story, why write it. good job on this one harddaysknight.

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
She was warned

She was warned and didn't heed her husband's call of danger of working those long hours with Dan. Who knows how long she had been fucking his.

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 19 years ago
Part Two

Wo all votes for a part two ..... I do

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
part 2

here, here. part 2 please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
I hope they lock you all up!

Most infidelity (3 to 1) is committed by husbands. So is most domestic violence. I can understand that reading the braying, animalistic and mysoginistic obscenities of you neanderthals gives you all a great sense of 'putting the little woman in her place' but you are sadistic bastards.

There is a cult here that hates women with a ferocious passion, sees them as a practically sub-human species and never writes these stories seeing the pain on all sides.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

sherlock40sherlock40about 19 years ago
What!!! What is "Lock you up", thinking?

Obviously he/she has never read a story in this category. If they had, they would know that out of the cheating spouse stories, it is a 500 to 1 ratio of cheating women to cheating men.

To those who think Eleanor made a mistake-a mistake is not carrying the two in an addition problem, not using your turn signal properly, using the wrong sentence structure. It is not bending over and getting fucked by your old sweetheart. Just imagine, what if Ted had arrived on time? Would she feel any remorse, would she confess to her infidelity or would she think, "Yes, I got away with it. I can do it over and over again."

To those who say this is an erotic story site and this wasn't erotic; what is so erotic about a wife betraying her husband? To someone this has happened too, it is not erotic at all.

To HDK-I have enjoyed the majority of your stories. I liked this one also. It is closer to representing an actual couple than most of the stories on this site. If it is in you, I would like to see another chapter where her side of the story is explained and a conclusion is properly presented.

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 19 years ago
Re I hope they lock you all up!

Where are you getting this from, I dare say if this story was written about a Man cheating on a women the commints would be just as bad..... poor woman low life man. Your comments sound like my so called friends. I find out My wife was sleeping with her boss...... Gee Guess it was my fault our two kids didn't have a dad at home.... I know and you should know this is just a story but what gives here.......

ryu77ryu77about 19 years ago
I hate to say this but....

GIVE US PART 2!!!!

LOL! This story is so good, it will be the best to leave it like this, but, it would be so awesome if we could see her part in all this mess.

Cheers!

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardabout 19 years ago
Re : I hope they lock you all up!

Ok a few comments :

1) You say "There is a cult here that hates women with a ferocious passion, sees them as a practically sub-human species and never writes these stories seeing the pain on all sides."

well this is my response : ah, have you even SENN the comments here? 90% of the people writing want HER story (myself included). We want to know why did she do it, how did she think she could get away with it and what the hell was she thinken?!?!? I know of at least 4 commenters (myself one of them) who want a chapter 2 in her voice. To see HER pain, or as you say...the pain on both sides.

2) As for the sadistic tendancies here...well I hate to blame it on the catagory but it is there... I know 'I' get pissed if I start reading a story and turns into 'my wife hates me and only wants to torture me for my limp dick with the fact she is loving many many other men' tale... Personally I don't read those. I read here for the true loving wife's OR for the revenge stories (blame X-Bishop for that addiction he got me started). That's why all the very few actual 'Loving wives' romantic tales are SO praised.

And before you start, revenge can be from the man or the woman, who ever is the wronged one. As long (IMO) there is no revenge sex. But that's me ;)

Now what I guess we readers want from 'these' tales (and I can only speak for myself but) is the cathartic feelings that it gives us. The pain of betrail, the feelings of insecurity, then the rush of freedom and in some cases revenge.

Now ask yourself this ...if we are a bunch of mysoginistic neanderthals why do many here want revenge to begiven in this story to Dan? And the EXACT same people want nothing more about the wife but the 'WHY???'

It seems to me that you just scanned the story, made up your mind what was going on and then posted.

If I'm wrong call me on it...let's debate it, lets badger HDK to do a chapter two together :)

Just don't go blasting with out knowing the story OR how people are ACTUALY reacting to it.

Just my two cents...but I'll up that to $1.50 for a part two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
ELINOR RIGBY

GREAT STORY, IS THERE A SEAQUEL HERE WHERE SHE MAY REDEEM HERSELF???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Please Please Please

please please can you make a second issiue please i throught it was a very captervating storie and would like to read more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
I CAN'T BELEIVE

I CAN'T BELEIVE WHAT A SELFISH SLUT THIS WOMEN IS. GEE SHE IS RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING MOST NORMAL WOMEN WHOULD LOVE TO HAVE A HUSBAND LIKE HERS ...RIGHT LADIES

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
To the author

It is obvious your writing touched something in your readers. Do not ignore their desire for clarification on the wife's story. Yes, the story can stand alone. However, please do not let it stand alone. You do not have to rush the second part of this story. Take your time. But by all means, write Eleanor's story. Please. Just think about. One of your fans.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
good story

Ellie messed up big time a husband as good as her would have done anything she as in and out of bed. instead she had to try on the old boyfriend. What a big mistake i would like to hear why she did it in her words

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A lot of possible scenarios!

There are several reasons hidden in your captivating story that may have led to Ted's "abrupt" decision:

1. Ellie never said a word to her husband about her conversation with Helen Drake. Why? Because the idea to cheat on her husband was born in these minutes? Women often keep a special relation to her first lover....

2. Next step: Being the chairperson of the hospital auxiliary, didn't she decide herself to let Dan Wilkins co--chair the Casino Night?!

3. When Ted told her about his fears, she complimented him "heavily" and used once the word "adore". Was she subconsciously suggesting, that he was no longer her lover?

4. During weeks Ellie picked up on her husband's insecurities, but did absolutely nothing to improve the strained situation.

My conclusion. Ellie had an affair with Dan during weeks. She adored her family but had sex with another man. Probably she even struggeled, not knowing what to do. -

This is only one of several possible scenarios. You choose your way how to write and how to end this story and you did a really good job with it, HDK - but I think, you put also a challenge. A challenge for other authors to write sequels and conclusions to your story. Like many readers I look forward to read some really good conclusions in the next weeks and months. Thanks again!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
It is a great story

What I really liked was the open ends you left. One of the most interesting were comments at the end. "She was wrong and she knows that NOW." I could see many interesting scenarios to explain Ted's decision and her awakening to what she has lost even if Ted ultimately decided to stay with her.

I really look forward to hearing how these interesting things are pulled together IF you decide to follow up this story. I truely hope you do. HDK, this story has a haunting aspect to it the is found in few stories. Clearly the number of responses indicates this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
great story

The only problem I am having with it is that no one after eleanor was rescued by her husband, is that no one from her family, his family or her daughters, questioned her why was she in the other man's car to begin with?? That would be the dumbest thing besides getting caught is going to talk to her husband while riding in the very same car with the man she is having the affair with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
When did he talk to a divorce lawyer??

That's another thing that puzzles me, did he do it before he found out??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
would you please get back to work?

Now it's time to try begging. It has been almost a month since you posted this story. I think the general consensus(sic) is we need a chapter 2. This is one of the most unique story lines I have read at this site. Don't let it stop there. Most of your stories have an untimately happy ending and this one needs to be finished. Come on, you owe it to your fans. Please.

THANKS.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardalmost 19 years ago
Re: sequel

well Personally I just want to see another story from this guy...

BUT a Eleanor Rigby p2 would make my month.

Anythinging the works HDK?

(damn I feel like a addict.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Continue

Please continue with this storyline. There is so much potential for things that would flesh out their life after.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A Great Story as Usual but ...

Your readership deserves an answer to these questions:

1. What were the divorce arrangements?

2. How did the cheating wife react?

3. How did the girls take it?

4. What did his and her parents say?

5. How did he plan the rest of his life?

6. He still needed a business partner, did not he?

7. Whatever happened to the wife afterward?

I love your stories. Please keep up the good job.

MinigalesMinigalesalmost 19 years ago
Author's Comment

I received this reply from the author:

I have been swamped with requests for a sequel and havew decided to do one. I really appreciate your interest! That makes writing worthwhile. It will take a week or two, but I will have it out. The problem with a sequel is it often does not live up to expectations. I will give it a try any way! I never post comments on my own stories, but you are welcome to post that I have emailed you in reply and will

do a sequel. It is entirely up to you. No pressure either way. I just don't make comments on my own work.

John

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Ok, when is the next installment??

I think we are all waiting to see what happens next as there are so many possible twists and turns for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Can't wait for sequel

"I have been swamped with requests for a sequel and havew decided to do one"

Hey, I'm bleeding from the ears with anticipation

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 19 years ago
Holding My Breath

Looking forward to sequel; Ted divorces Ellie and then....? Does he later relent after a couple years when he realizes how much of himself he's missing? Does Ellie go wild or does she withdraw from most human contact?

This was, as usual, a very good tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Who cares?

Who cares about the answers to the unanswered questions? The power of the story has a lot to do with the unanswered questions. Power to the cuckhold!

waratahwaratahabout 17 years ago
Raw, breathtaking

So sad and so well written.

RiverCityWriterRiverCityWriterabout 17 years ago
Nice mix of story components - and of course, sex!

A really enjoyable read - not too much sex but an emphasis on characters, emotions and those things that keep all of us up at night.

Yes, a sequel's definitely in order.

NucleusNucleusalmost 17 years ago
Sure ...

this is one of your best. Suspense and tension.

Thank you for good entertainment.

<p>Regards</p> <p><b>Nucleus</b></p>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
HDK

I have read this story many times and it still has an amazing hold on me. This is your best story and one of the very very best on this site. I hope you continue to submit stories here, because you have a rare talent to make the ordinary day to day things very special

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 17 years ago
Great story.

Somehow the title of the story turned me off (one becomes weary of Beatles themes and titles) so I had not read this before. Finally I decided to take a look and it just shows how one should not judge a book by its cover, as they say. It was a wonderful story, well-written, short but not too short, and it makes its point with, shall we say, a real splash! Thanks for writing this HDK.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
AGain

HDK,

I come back to this story every now and then, when I want a good read and a story that just gets to me. I don't know what it is about this particular story of your, but it touches me on many levels. I think it is your best and one of the very best on this site. Keep writing.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
Let her drown

He should have let her droen with her lover Ted didnt deserve the pain she subjected him too.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7135 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES