Escape from Hyrulla Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They told me I was going to be released this afternoon," he muttered. She smiled again at him, and she couldn't help but note that based on the information she was seeing, she would normally assure him he would be leaving the moment the doctors signed off on his withdrawal. "How soon will I be able to leave?"

She pulled the medicine dispenser out of her pouch and pressed it against his neck so that the entire contents would dissipate quickly into his bloodstream. Her lips pursed into a sad kind of smile and she ran her hand across his cheek. "I'm sorry," was all she said.

She turned around and walked out the door, and she was halfway down the hall when she heard the various alarms of cardiac arrest blaring behind her. She swiftly turned the corner just as several frantic hospital staff members rushed into the room, and she pushed back her desire to turn around and kept walking.

By the time she walked out into the courtyard between the three hospital buildings, her breathing had finally returned to normal and she was no longer panting shallow breaths of nervousness. She tapped on her communication ring and selected a particular signal that had no name or any other information associated with it. As soon as it lit up, she spoke in a hushed voice, "It's done."

"Did anyone see you?" a low voice asked.

"No sir," she said looking over her shoulder, just to make sure. "There will be no evidence of anything other than he had a cardiac arrest."

The other voice responded coldly, "Then I shall hold up my end of the deal and have your husband released in the next few days."

She exhaled with happiness that her years of disappointment and loneliness were about to come to an end, and then whispered, "Thank you, Prime Arbiter Xroqx."

"Don't mention it," he said with a low gravelly rumble in his throat. "Seriously. Never mention it."