Eta Carinae Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We took the Muni street car down to South City. They were free today. We got off at what looked like a collection of street vendors and some good viewing for the parade. Off the street car, Elaine and Jenna ended up in front of Paige and me.

"You know, you said some things that set me to thinking," I announced.

"Ah Jeez, you thinking again! What now?"

I gave her an exasperated look. "Remember when you did your 'C3PO judgment' impression?"

"Mmm."

"Well, I think you were on the mark with some things. I am kind of harsh sometimes. What that's about, don't know." I said perplexed.

"Well, maybe you have an idea of how you want your world to be and want the rest of society to match." She offered.

"Hmm. I'll think about it."

"Something else to ponder, maybe you need less people."

The parade started coming down the avenue. Many of the parade attendees were Mexican low-rider car clubs. The cars were off the hook! I had brought the digital 35mm camera that Ed had given me for graduation. It was a Canon EOS with good portrait and landscape lenses. I was shooting in hi-def so I was limited. One car club that had just crossed an intersection had a Cadillac in front. It was absolutely gorgeous! A candy apple red, double-plated chrome with a set of large diameter rims. It was a late 50's model that still had the 'boob' bumper. Someone had fashioned a set of 'pasties' for the rubber 'boobs'. They were red sequin, complete with tassels. I pointed it out to the girls and they howled! Everyone was loving it! The driver seemed pleased too. He had a very beautiful Latina woman with him as did his friend in the back. Doesn't get much more California! I got a number of good shots.

We ended up at a street taco vendor, eating and listening to all sorts of bands. The tacos rocked! They were almost as good as Mannie's, the mechanic who works for Ed. It was early afternoon and we realized we probably had seen all that is to be seen. Jenna and Paige had plans and we parted ways. Back at home, we settled into a lazy afternoon. We had some music on and I was reading about the Giants this year.

"I'm going out on the balcony for a cigar. Care to join?" I said quietly.

She looked at me with arched eyebrows. "On Saturday? Are you sure that's not going to tear a temporal rift in your world?" She jabbed.

Flat look. "No. Do you want to be a smart ass or get do you want to get a bottle of wine and join me?" I shot back.

She bounced up off the couch, seemingly pleased with herself. I chose a double Corona for myself and Lonsdale for her. She came out with a nice Zinfandel and couple of glasses. She picked up the double Corona and the cutter.

"I picked that out for me!" I said.

"I wanted it." She said with a coy-evil smile. I rolled my eyes, and got another.

I sat down, lit the cigar, relaxing with it.

"We have been through a lot for a very short time." She said in thought.

"Observations, complaints, or concerns you would like to share?"

"Oh nothing like that. I feel like there's more waiting for us! I'm not speaking of out there, but in here." She said, placing her hand on my chest.

I looked at her.

"We've spoken often about the familiarity of all this; that this is just a continuing walk through time together."

"Uh huh."

"And you also know how much I detest this new agey bullshit, but with that being said, I can't explain what I'm feeling." She said quietly.

"So do you have any ideas on how we're going to find more?" I inquired.

"Actually, I do. The first thing we need to do is get your propeller hub loosened!" She said drawing on her cigar.

"Excuse me! My 'propeller hub'? Are you implying I'm a geek? With all the energy I put into being un-geeky!" I said emphatically.

"Deev, lighten up! This has nothing to do with computers! I has to do with stress and anxiety! You've carried the weight of the world, or at least our world around since you were 8! I want....need for you to 'drop the rock'! This is what I'm talking about." She said emphatically.

I sort of sagged in the chair. I knew exactly what she was talking about. I've never done well with relaxing. I've closed off certain parts of myself.

"I think we'll have fun." She offered, touching my hand.

I picked up my wine glass and held it up.

"To undiscovered country!" I said.

Afterword:

Due to the holidays, I don't foresee the next installment coming out until mid January. Lot's of good stuff on the horizon. And........thanks for reading! I honestly didn't think anyone would like this!