All Comments on 'Excessive Chums Ch. 05'

by sexgundam666

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I just don't like it when people say something is racist.

I am posting here because the site won't let me post anonymously again without an account. I am not someone that knows every word that some people consider slang. Don't expect me to be able to respond. I refuse to get an account to be able to post more than once in the same story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Response to Chica anon

Bruh, you need to relax, you overreacted to something small, and somebody reasonably called you out. It sucks, but it happens, the bruises on your ego will heal and everything will be forgotten in time.

As for the comment itself, Piper and Kasey both are white Piper herself is American, so there's so implications there. Piper, the one who does little thinking before she speaks, said 'chica' to Sera as a friend, but didn't realize that there's could have been implications based in racism, which while there isn't always there could be, realistically. A white American using Mexican slang to a Latina is entirely possible to be seen as racist, even if it might not be. Also, note that Sera herself isn't the character that called Piper on it, Piper called herself out on the comment, meaning she was afraid of committing a social faux pas instead of actually committing one. It's a case of overthinking things that might not be reality, which everyone does. Or most people do at least.

So it's fine, don't let it worry you, no one expects people to know everything (or at least they shouldn't, it's impossible to know everything) and it's perfectly acceptable to be wrong. The world will turn on and the sun will be out tomorrow.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersexgundam666@sexgundam666
Go to my Patreon (at www.patreon.com/tosaku) to receive updates and even get stories before the public! I've been writing for a while now. My work is very niche and definitely not to everyone's liking, but take a gander if you wouldn't mind. I'm sure there might be something ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES