Falling for Grace Pt. 10

Story Info
Our move up to New York.
21.2k words
4.69
4.4k
10
Story does not have any tags

Part 10 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/11/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rabbitman55
Rabbitman55
1,297 Followers

It's been a few months, but it's time for me to return to this sexy, loving couple and their lives. Sorry it's been so long. I'll see if I can wrap up their story in a few chapters. Warning: There is a scene of group sex near the beginning of the story. If you object, feel free to skip ahead. Grace and Henry are young and explorative by their nature. Please, don't be offended.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The next day, New Years Day, everyone got up by 8:30 so we all could have time to shower and get ready for brunch at our club at 11:30. To help save a little time, Evelyn used mom's shower once she was done and Edina used one of the other bathrooms while Grace and I took turns in mine. We just had coffee while we got cleaned up and dressed for a nice afternoon, something my parents and Ev and I did for as long as I could remember. Except now dad was gone and instead Edina and Grace were joining us. I knew they were uncomfortable; our club, where my parents were members since they had been married almost 25 years before and where dad and I played golf for years, at one time was 'restricted'. That was not the official policy anymore, but there still were no Black members. Grace was my girlfriend (and hopefully would be my wife some day) and Edina was her mom and now my moms friend, as if they were family.

We got there promptly at 11:30 and went to the host's desk and I let them know we were there for our reservation. The host, Michael, whom we knew for years, was about to escort us to our table when he noticed Grace and Edina. I watched his face and I could see what he was thinking, almost word for word, and I didn't like it at all. He went through the motions of checking his reservation book and said "I'm sorry Mr. Douglas, but I don't seem to have a reservation here for your party. And we're so busy today, so I don't think we'll be able to seat you. I'm terribly sorry for the mix up." He looked very uncomfortable.

"Michael, you know my family, We come here every year for New Years brunch. Don't play games with us; after losing my father, we're really not in the mood for this nonsense. So grab your holiday menu cards and seat us right away, please." I held my temper, though it wanted to burst through. I wanted to belt him in the mouth. But that would only make him justified in his treatment.

My mom walked up next to me and said "Henry, is there a problem? Happy New Year, Michael" she said as pleasantly as could be. But I could see the anger in her eyes.

"Michael claims he can't find our reservation and he can't seat us."

"Really? Michael, my family have been members since long before you worked here. So if there really isn't a reservation in your book, why don't you get us a table anyway. Before I have to get unpleasant" mom said with steel in her voice. She had that look Evelyn and I knew so well, the one that said 'Don't mess with me or you'll be sorry'.

"Mrs. Douglas, I'm sorry but..." Mom cut him off and grabbed his book before he could even react.

"Look here, Michael. Clear as day. 'Douglas family, 5 people.' Did you lie to us?" Her voice was now dripping with venom. "I think you should call Jackson"- he was the club manager- "and tell him you have a problem with a long time member who is VERY unhappy!"

By this time people behind us were getting impatient, and Edina and Grace were both feeling uncomfortable. Other members at nearby tables were watching. But mom, Evelyn and I were all furious. Things had changed and it was time they changed here as well.

Michael picked up his phone, made a quick call that I couldn't quite hear (but I knew who he was calling) and nervously asked us to wait just a moment while he seated other members, some of whom we knew but who barely acknowledged us. A few minutes later Jackson Reed appeared, in his expensive tailored suit and his slick style. A snake couldn't be more slippery. "Mrs. Douglas, Mr., Miss Douglas, is there something wrong?"

"Yes there is Jackson. It seems Michael refuses to seat my family and our guests, our friends, when we clearly have a reservation in his book." He looked at mom and then he saw our guests. He looked around the crowded dining room, saw almost all the other members watching, and made his decision.

"Well, Mrs. Douglas, I'm sorry for the error, but it seems we won't have a table for 5 for a few hours at least, probably not until 3. If you like, I can make a call, see if I can get a restaurant..."

My mother, rage in her eyes and ice in her voice, said "That won't be necessary, Jackson. You little worm. I see nothing has changed here at all. Inform the board that I expect this years membership to be refunded to me in full. You should be ashamed of yourselves, you and Michael, and all you small minded weasels. I'm ashamed I ever was a member here. You'll be hearing from the Civil Rights division of the South Carolina Justice Department. Count on it." With that she turned on her heels and led us out to retrieve her car from the valet, who, for the only time in my mothers' life, got stiffed on his tip. She was so seething mad I got behind the wheel and she sat in the passenger seat.

"Edina, Grace, I am so sorry you were treated this way" mom said, her voice quaking with anger and hurt. "I don't know why I thought things would have changed here. Maybe they never will. I love my state, love where my family comes from, but the small minds still run things."

Edina spoke up. "Miss Rae, I'm proud to be your friend. You really stood up for us and we love you all."

Mom replied "If you really feel that way, Edina, please start calling me 'Rae' and not 'Miss Rae'. We're friends and equals. You want to keep working for me, I'm not going to fire you. But you're my friend first of all. I love you, Edina." Tears washed down my mom's cheeks, and I think all of us were crying to some degree

Evelyn said "Momma," addressing her in a way we hadn't done in 10 years or longer, "Henry and I are so proud of you. Daddy would be proud of you too."

"For what? Doing what we should have done 20 years ago? I'm more ashamed than anything. If your father and I had done the right thing a long time ago, maybe we wouldn't be still fighting this battle."

"Rae?" Edina spoke up, the first time she addressed my mother without calling her 'Miss' first.

"Edina?" mom responded, semi-shocked.

"You're doing fine. All you've done for us recently, you and your husband, and your children...you're doing just fine. And you're doing better all the time."

Mom turned in her seat and smiled at Edina like she wasn't just her best friend, but her oldest friend as well. They certainly knew each other long enough. I loved my mom more than ever that moment. And I could see Grace with maybe the happiest smile I'd ever seen on her face, even allowing for all the wonderful times we shared. That was fine with me; she was happy for her mother like I was for mine.

I took us to a diner-style restaurant that had 'only' a half hour wait. By the time we were seated, we were all starved and we ordered way too much food, but we had a great time. And despite my mother's protest, I got the check at the end and Evelyn paid the tip.

Outside, Grace and I took a minute to hug and share some small kisses before we dropped her and Edina off at home for the day. "Your mom keeps amazing me. And she's not the only one. The way you tried to take on that mealy mouthed creep at the club made me so proud of you, baby. I wish we could spend the day together. I'd show you just how proud I am." She gave me a very big kiss, the kind we usually saved for when we were alone.

"Keep that in mind for tomorrow. For today, we're just going to have to miss each other. We'll talk later; you can count on it. What are you going to do all day?"

"I'm going to iron some clothes and just spend some time with Gus. You know he's become a big fan of yours."

"Actually, I do. Something he said to me confirmed it" I told her with a smile.

"Oh? And what did my big brother say to you?"

"He said he hoped one day to be standing by my side at our wedding."

"He really said that?" I nodded yes and Grace said "He's come a long way. He didn't exactly like you at first."

"Really. I couldn't tell. Did you know he did something to keep me from getting my ass kicked at your prom?"

"He told me about it when you were in that rehab facility. He didn't like you yet, but he loves his baby sister." I kissed her softly.

"Everyone with taste and class loves you, honey." Then our family joined us and we had to let go of each other, very reluctantly.

Mom got behind the wheel, with Edina next to her and we brought her and Grace home. Grace and I kissed goodbye for the day. "I'll talk to you later, honey" I whispered softly. "And tomorrow we'll have a very nice day" I said raising my eyebrows lecherously.

"I'm counting on it. I love you, baby" she said with a final kiss.

"I love you too. Talk to you later."

They got out and Ev joined mom up front and we talked casually as we headed home. We spent the day together and it was a situation that was getting easier. We'd all always miss dad, but we were learning to adjust. In the afternoon, Ev went out to meet up with Laura and she told us, with a smile, not to wait up for her.

"That is something that's going to take me a while to get used to" my mom said to me. "You've really changed how I look at things in life, Henry. Thank you for that. I don't just feel like a different person; I feel like I'm a better person."

I smiled at her as we watched TV together. "Well, as far as I'm concerned, you always have been an awesome person. I might not have liked some of your old ideas, but I always loved you, mom. But what I love most about who you are now is how you're more of an involved parent. You don't leave the small things to Edina like you did when I was a kid. Which makes it so much harder for me to leave you." I moved my seat from a big chair to next to her on the couch. "Mom, this is the last chance we'll have to change our minds, but are you certain you want me to go up to New York?"

"Henry, you've wanted to live there ever since you were about ten, when we started visiting your aunt and uncle every year. Maybe if you weren't in love with Grace, I would think about this differently. But I know you two are thinking about marriage. If I asked you to stay while she goes...and she is going, bet on it...I'd risk taking her away from you. She's your future, Henry. I hope to walk you down the aisle some day at your wedding to her. So you go to New York University and you be the man I know you'll be. Smart, passionate and caring. Be a lawyer or whatever else you might decide to do with your life. Just do it well."

"But what are you going to do alone here? You've lost most of your friends."

"Well, then they couldn't have been all that good of friends, could they? You know, your father and I bought this house the year before Evelyn was born. 23 years ago now. If you and your sister don't object too strongly, I thought I might sell it and get something smaller. Maybe a condo. Three bedrooms, of course, so you and your sister would always have a place to come and visit me. But this house and this neighborhood...I think its time to move on."

I was stunned. This house, the only home Ev and I ever knew. It seemed like too much change. But I could understand. This was a lot of house for one person to live in, alone most of the time. "You'd stay in Charleston, right?"

She smiled and touched my hand warmly. "Honey, it's the only place I'd live. Charleston is my home, always has been. I couldn't leave. I belong here."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The next day I got up early and, after breakfast, shaved and showered and dressed in a sport jacket, slacks, shirt and tie and I picked up Grace at 12:30. She had on a black skirt with a white and grey cashmere sweater, black hose and heels. She looked great, just like she always did.

"Hi Gracie. You look delicious!"

"Thanks, Tiger, I hope I taste that way."

"You always do." I helped her into my car, then walked around as she opened my door for me (like she always did) and I got in and drove off for Bethany's. "It occurs to me I didn't tell you I love you yet" I said as I gave a side glance to my Gracie.

"About time you remembered. By the way, I love you too." She took my right hand as I drove with the left. "So, are we going to do this with Bethany?"

"We both want to, right? If the chemistry is right?"

"I do. I want to try this, being with another woman and I'll only do it if you're part of it. I wouldn't do it otherwise, because I love you more than anything or anyone in the world. But let's see if we get on with her first."

We stopped on the way and, since we didn't know what was being served for lunch, we got both a bottle of red and a bottle of white wine (thinking of the Billy Joel song "A bottle of red, a bottle of white...") and then we went to a very good bakery for some pastries and then a final stop at a florist for a bouquet of assorted flowers. We got something from all the major gift groups.

I drove a relatively short distance to where Bethany lived on Queen Street. When we found her address, we were very impressed. Her house was a long, two story shotgun-shack type, not counting the attic. It was powder blue, with a double level long porch facing a side yard, had a short brick wall in front with wrought iron fencing. It was a classic Charleston style, very expensive and elegant.

"Well, here we go" I said as I turned to give Grace a quick kiss. "I love you, Gracie. Whatever we do or don't do today, I love you more than anything in the world."

"I love you too, Tiger. Always." Sucking in a deep breath, she said "Ok, let's go, we don't want to keep our host waiting."

We went to the door, rang the bell and held hands a little nervously. Bethany came to the door with a big smile, kissing us both on the cheek. "Well, hello you two! Come in, come in, don't let the cold air in!" She told us to hang our coats on the coat rack so I helped Grace with her coat before I hung up my own, with Bethany's approving eye watching. "He's so well mannered, dear" she said softly to Grace, lightly touching her arm. "Don't let him get away; so few men of any age are so gracious these days."

"Don't I know it" Grace said with a wink in my direction. "It's one of the many things I love about him. Not to mention his sense of adventure!"

Bethany, wearing a fine silk Asian dress in a rich blue with gold accents that clung to her like it was custom made along with stark white hose, led us into her kitchen, where something smelled great. "We didn't know what you had planned for lunch, so we figured we'd play it safe" I said as I offered her the two bottles of wine.

"Aren't you the perfect guests! Red and white. How sweet. And you brought pastries from Bartolo's! And flowers too! I just knew I'd love you both!" Bethany was very sweet and more than a bit flamboyant. She had style and class and her own way of doing things, and she didn't care what anyone else thought about it. A strong personality; a very strong woman.

"Now, while I attend to lunch, why don't you two wander around the rooms down here and look at my lovely home. I'll be out in just a couple of minutes to give some details. Go now!" She maid a shooing gesture to chase us from her kitchen.

Grace and I wandered into a couple of the rooms on the main floor, and all were exquisitely decorated. Chinese style brocade silk wallpaper and matching furniture in a salon type room. The next room was more of a comfortable living room, very modern leather furniture, a small television, beautiful lamps and tables and modern art on the walls. Bethany had money and she had class.

She joined us as we walked down the hall, explaining the Asian room and how she came to own those pieces. She took a two week trip to Hong Kong and Macao every year and did some serious shopping while there, Other rooms were her office and a music room, with an expensive stereo set and hundreds of albums, with all sorts of music. Grace and I were almost overwhelmed.

"Well, lunch is almost ready, so why don't you go sit in the dining room?"

"Bethany, we can help you serve" Grace said as we tried to follow her to the kitchen.

"Nonsense! My guests are my guests. Please be seated. I won't be a minute."

As we sat at a very expensive dining table for six, we heard music come on from some hidden speakers, some Duke Ellington.

"I can't believe this house" Grace whispered to me. "It almost makes you look middle class!" she teased.

I wasn't kidding. "No shit. This is a gorgeous home. Bethany has excellent taste. She must come from 'Old Money'. And she knows how to enjoy it."

Bethany joined us, wheeling in lunch on a wooden service cart, three plates covered in silver domes. She served poached salmon with a mushroom sauce that was delicious, with wild rice and fresh peas. On top of everything else, she was a fine chef. The silverware was sterling silver, the plates were expensive china, the glasses were fine crystal.

"I have to say, Bethany, my family is well to do and when we entertain, it's also a very fancy affair. But this...your china and crystal are like nothing I've seen before."

"Thank you, Henry. I do like the finer things in life. Most of this I inherited from my parents who inherited it from my mothers' parents. The Asian silks are my own taste. But the dining service has all been in my family for three generations. Sometimes I regret not having a child, especially a daughter, to leave this all to when my time comes. But I love my life, my work, my freedom to travel and to meet...interesting people." She gave us a close look to see how we reacted, if we weren't just having a good time, but if we were interested in more than a nice lunch. Grace and I touched hands under the table and we didn't have to say anything. We wanted to have fun with Bethany like she wanted to enjoy us.

After lunch, Bethany cleared the table, again refusing help, as she wheeled the dishes into the kitchen and left them in the sink. She joined us again and sat, all of us sipping our wine, making small talk. There was a palpable sexual tension. Grace and I didn't know how to make the first move in this situation, but Bethany did. She'd done this sort of thing before.

"Well, my new friends, would you like to see the upstairs? I have an art studio there, plus the three bedrooms." Her eyes twinkled, brilliant green to go with her red, curly hair.

"We'd love to" Grace answered. She was the main reason we were invited, after all. "We'd love to see your bedrooms." My sexy, Dirty Girl was turning on her own charm.

"Well, then come with me, darling" Bethany said in her deep drawl. She hooked her arms in both of ours and led us up the stairs to the second floor. The ladies walked in front upstairs and I was treated to the incredibly hot sight of two great asses wiggling side to side as they climbed in front of me, Bethany's slender with tapered pale legs contrasting with Grace's wider, shapely rump and strong brown legs. My cock was stiffening in my slacks as I followed.

Bethany showed us her art studio first, where she did some not bad paintings. Then the three bedrooms, all done differently. Her room, the one she slept in, was old Southern style, with the focus a big, wood bed frame with four posts and white crinoline overhead. The second room was darker, with a padded headboard, with the vibe that kinkier things took place there. The third was not set up with a bed, but with floor mats and fixtures on the wall that looked like they were made to hold cuffs or ropes or other sorts of restraints.

"So, which room appeals to you, my dear?" she asked Grace, leaving the decision to her. This being our first time with another partner together, Grace figured the situation in itself was kinky enough, and I agreed, again without saying a word.

Rabbitman55
Rabbitman55
1,297 Followers