All Comments on 'February Sucks - the Details Matter'

by KitDeLuca164

Sort by:
  • 807 Comments (Page 2)
LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 2 years ago

I gave it a "Dislike". Not because of the writing: I thought that was excellent. Plus the perspective from Linda's point of view was very well done. I just strongly disagreed with the end result. Effectively, the cheating slut got away with it. Even gave her husband an ultimatium: forgive me or fuck off.

How he decided to become the permanent cuck, a pathetic shell of a man and forgive her slutty actions, I will never understand.

There are other small parts of the story eg that dress that few covered. Jim should have made a feature of taking the dress (meant to be for their own sexy night) and burning it in the backyard. The other details eg being shaved, bite marks etc were well covered and explained. Well done

I had hoped that the file she was typing her "confession" was visible by Jim on another device so that when he phoned on his last night, the anger he had was because he had seen and read that story. What would he have done then, with ALL THE DETAILS? Anyway, keep writing. You are talented. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

OMG! The absolutely worst sequel ever. Did hubby read your sequel? Does he still talk to you? GA's Linda character committed the most unforgivable act of infidelity imaginable. Try as you want to spin it, she deserved nothing but pain, shame, and a life of never ending guilt for her actions. The only sequel coming close to giving her her just deserts was when Jim dug two small graves in their back yard and left with the kids just before her and her lover drove up. In my world, the kiss in the drive as they pulled up would be enough to forfeit his own life and those of his children. Let the worthless cunt come running in to a blood spattered living room with three lifeless bodies, knowing it was all her fault. What would her journal say then???

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 2 years ago

Very well done. Your writing has captured the feeling one has and will have forever. The mind can be a dark place and memories just don't disappear.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 2 years ago

Sorry, I loved her journal entry but he only called her what she actually believed herself to be. And she got hurt by that? She has some serious issues. He goes back to a marriage that she has a split consciousness about. She is angry with her husband because she despises him and his weakness in not being able to “heroically” forget the thing that her daily actions, her wistful look, her sudden mysterious smile, her self-conscious awareness of his understanding of what this means, actually represent—to her husband. She throws it in his face every day in the way that partners can do—without even realizing it, killing him a little each day. This was a really good story right up to the last three paragraphs. You gave the details and then went broad brush and didn’t allow your male character the place to really process what happened or … really understand what he is going through. Her narcissism is breathtaking. Your brief sketch of Jim at the end totally unsatisfying—if you are done.

If he does what your story suggests then he becomes a shell and she divorces him anyway. Remember, you started by saying he recommitted himself to the marriage and that he was having difficulty following through on that. She just rips him apart after he says that she is a slut—I.e., a woman who chose to freely be a sexual being, a woman who loved her sexual experience and was absolutely empowered by it, and utterly unrepentant. And I can admire this if she is honest with herself but she isn’t. Because she is “a good wife and mother.” ???? WTF? So if he stays, he stays with someone who lies to him daily in a myriad of ways AND to herself. And he recommits to this relationship? How? With a lobotomy? There is a reason why he can’t do this! It isn’t just a question of WILL, there has to be a lived path, a mediated way to integrate this and the only way is by his own experience that levels the playing field. Or divorce. Or …?

Gregory Bateson talks about a “double bind,” with someone doing contradictory things that they are unaware of and the unintended impact of this on someone else—e.g., saying “I love you” whilst also unawarely acting as if you didn’t want the other person to touch you. These mixed signals would drive people batty, Bateson believed—actually schizophrenic he thought. This is Jim’s future in this retelling.

I strongly urge you to write the second chapter—Linda is off kilter in a really interesting way. Jim cannot pull himself up by his bootstraps. You focus on the details and then let it go. Please reconsider. How will you get movement that makes sense? What did Someone once say? “Hell is other people…” Or, can you make the horse sing?

Thank you for your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This should be compulsory reading for every man that even remotely thinks about forgiving his cheating spouse. Quite simply, “it was only sex” and “my love for you has not changed” are cliched lies told by the afflicted. This story, well written for a first timer, enforces that forgiveness is nothing more than acceptance that you will always be second best. That any liaison that drives a wife to commit adultery will always have a special place in her heart that the husband will never have access to.

In the end, any man with a shred of dignity and self respect would never allow himself to be second best, hence the term…..one and done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I just don’t understand. How can a wife who is married to her husband think that sleeping with another man no matter their social standing, ruggedness, etc could be a justifiable action. She wants to keep her memory and her husband. She doesn’t want to pay the perceived cost of her fantasy night. Jim could want to forgive and move on especially for his kids but all she will be left with is a broken man who will never be able to reconcile the fact he will never be number one to his wife. That’s the whole point of marriage. You chose this man or this woman to be your number one and only. Meaning the moment you include a second or third there is no guarantee that number two or three will not out perform your spouse. Someone will always be better but you are declaring that this person you want to spend your life with is number one and no one else will come close. It’s a decision. I loved this writing as honestly it reinforces the fact Linda is selfish. Yea she’s flawed. But being flawed isn’t an excuse for horrendous activities. It would have been better for Jim’s mental stability for Linda to shut up and no write anything down or expand on it. Guys dwell on those things. We do. Even Linda admits she doesn’t want to feel invisible. Wouldn’t she feel invisible to Jim if he had done what she did? All those times they had sex and he closes his eyes he is pretending Linda isn’t there because he is reliving his exciting fantasy evening. Again I appreciate the details but honestly it comes down to she betrayed her husband. She decided to move Jim to number 2.

phill1cphill1cabout 2 years ago

uh, no. Unless this is a Ch. 01.

Details Matter...Yet you left so many out.

This is why I hate this lazy re-dos. In what world is it that a MAN is really all that hung up on ONE woman forever. My god!! So many. The notion that Jim would be ok after all that is ruminating seems absurd. but yet another redundant absurd rip-off. It's as if people were re-writing the Brady Hawaii episode over and over again. It's one of hte worst stories ever and each redo of it just seems like more ridiculous laziness.

But maybe this was irony: to name a story the very thing you leave out, the confrontation with two different desired outcomes. She, a really flawed narcissist, wants out from her feelings of guilt. He, a man lacking any shred of self esteem, is going down the cuckold trail with vigor. In reality I'm glad you left it here, but if you were going to leave it here, why bother to write anything, much less three pages of "conflict unresolved".

Oh, and this notion of RAAC completely alters the original character, i think. But maybe I'm thinking of one of the literally 10s of continuations.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

Well written, but just more psycho bull shit to excuse the total disregard she displayed for her spouse and family. She surrendered her heart, body and soul to a total stranger. That stranger has permanently replaced her spouse in all of her sexual desires. YET, Jim is supposed to just accept that, forgive her extremely selfish indulgence, swallow his pride and “forgive” her? NO FUCKING WAY!!!! The kids are her only leverage, but he try’s to stay for the kids, she will just torture him until he’s broken. She sold her soul, she is no longer of any value.

BIGGUY441956BIGGUY441956about 2 years ago

Your View did not make it any better. With your view it made women look like noting but receptacles for men to use and play with. You showed how easy it was for any woman to shut her feeling down and do something she never should have and even showed 8 months later that you were never going to think that your husband was any good. You proved that women would rather have a player then a person that has true feelings. During your story you never really accepted Jim's problem as anything real and that he should just get over it while your life would just go on and he would be the provider. How sick.

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 2 years ago

No. This is awful. This woman is one of the most despicable character I have ever come across. She has killed her husbands worth. He might want to stay but she will leave him one day. A terrible story. How can she be so hateful given what she has done. He is in emotional agony, and all she has is, “suck it up.”

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An appalling version of a very poorly written story.

This is ridiculous: "He had bravely re-committed to Linda over the summer." Jim is written as a completely weak, needy, low T, unprincipled, cuck, as are the vast majority of LW husbands. This "Linda" is the hyper-Slut Rayed side of GA's stupidly incoherently written "Linda". The slut/cunt is an over-the-top narcissistic sociopath. The bullshit about pro athletes somehow being particularly adept lovers with big dicks is also asinine. The typical pro athlete has an average career of about 3.5 years. Within a couple of years of "retirement" he's divorced, addicted to pain pills, and bankrupt. Being physically large doesn't correlate with cock size, but it's asking too much for writers here to know much about physiology or sex. In terms of personality, the overwhelming majority of pro athletes are narcissists simply because they have been cosseted and treated as "special" since middle school. That is NOT a personality type that makes for a great, or even decent, sex partner. Moreover, their injuries tend to make them less than fully functional off the field or court (serious pregame pharmaceuticals are a necessity for many). Trying to make "Marc" out as a "good guy" insults the reader. No "good guy" would do what he did. The rank cuckout by "Jim" at the end of this indicates this was written by a woman or a faggot. This is by far the worst version I've seen. This "Linda" deserves being sent to the proverbial "Mexican whorehouse." No remotely normal man would have done anything but divorce the cunt after she got back, and after the tirade in this story at the end, only a cock cage wearing cuck would stay with her. I'm tired of the misandrist (and often racist) drivel authors here write. This isn't worth a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not enough info on how Jim determined to stay married. It seems like it may end inas a slow lingering deah.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Shit

Alibaba40Alibaba40about 2 years ago
Sick story

You made it worse. A cuckold he is. Sick analogy, made me puke.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 2 years ago

I think that after about fifty retelling of the saga, Linda made Jim a cuck. The major problem is that unless it was one of the burn the bitch stories, she never got a clue.

Your take is just what one would expect from a female, the fairy tale continues. Did she remember it like it really was nine months later or as you wrote, how she wanted to remember it in the future. You had her throw Ellen in his face, but he never left with Ellen or got to taste the fruits of another, what memories will he write down later?

There is nothing worse than a five page cuck story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You write well, and your take is solid. You need to cut back, though, This is a five-page story that could have been three or just a tad more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent writing from Linda's POV. Especially good for a 1st submission. I wonder whether, as often, the trust will ever be rebuilt.

john_67_SWEjohn_67_SWEabout 2 years ago

I have read all the "february Sucks" stories and this one is one of the worst endings... No revenge on the asshole Marc and RAC? and you made the asshole to some sort of a nice guy , No way! ,1 star , if could i would give you -50

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

Here again lies the difficulty between judging the content of the story and the writing of it. The writing was excellent, besides a few typos and errors, which I usually overlook. The content- now that's a whole different story. I HATED it- for pure selfishness it can't be beat. The writer details the extreme self-centered aspects of Linda and her inability to see and appreciate the harm to her husband and kids. Her fantasy is paramount in her life, and she won't let it go. Absolutely ridiculous to think that the one night's orgasms would more than make up for all the lost orgasms of the coming months. All the 'love' she felt that night would more than make up for the lost love she lived with for the rest of her life. The extreme foolishness of her thinking (and maybe the writer's) is mind boggling. It is wrong, wrong, WRONG. Fairy tales are just that- fantasies, and should be left there.

The ridiculous statement at the end- him deciding to forgive her- I'll leave to others to tear apart. But, for the record, the story was so thought provoking I had to give it a 5.

jd3608jd3608about 2 years ago

I started out liking your alternate universe, It gave me the same uneasy feeling when I first read GA's version. All along I thought you were using the diary to expose the truth, that Jim would somehow see it. However, the more you described the night, the less I liked Linda. In this multiverse, I see divorce as 1/5 odds. The only thing more sure is that Linda will re-offend with Mark as she can't let that night go. While you claim that she loves Jim and not Mark, her personal diary and thoughts tell otherwise.

The fact you threw away Jim's man card at the end, making him do anything to keep his marriage will insure that the LW crowd will hammer you with a bad grade.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What this author wrote is exactly what every husband would fear. She has this wonderful memory that he can never measure up to. Every time she is with him she will be thinking of the Asshole. No matter what this woman thinks, he was an Asshole. Not just competing for a married woman, but actively keeping the husband from competing back. This continuation is as bad as the original ending. How about another sequel where he finds her journal and finally divorces her, that wouldn’t be too horrible, would it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What was the real point of this? It had the feel of excuses or sad attempts to validate her being a slut, and then defending it. She was a slut no matter which way the excuse went. The last part was a big disappointment. Her admitted blatant disrespect shows she should be alone. Good prior to that, going through thoughts. And Marc is still a narcissistic asshole, no matter how many versions come out. He damn well knew she was married, nothing honorable to him.

21stcv21stcvabout 2 years ago

WOW

I think you are in for some vile comments from the BTB crew.

good story/sequel, well written from both viewpoints. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Lets see. About 3/4 of a page lightly brushed over account of the hub. And then a multi page minutely detailed accounting of where the wife is at. I think you failed in this story's narrative as youve stated in the foreword. Although you did shed light on Marc as not a total shit. It did put him in a more human light. Over all the story was awful. The female aspect is still unrealistic and youve only reinforced that point of view with this story.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitabout 2 years ago

Well written sequel to this emotionally loaded tail. This author knows how to pull at the heart strings and play with your emotions. I believe this is probably one of the more realistic sequels of the multitude posted. Linda remains unrepentant, believing she deserved the "time out", and Jim cannot forgive or forget, In all probability, the damage to the marriage portrayed by this author is more realistic and too great to overcome. I suspect, had she continued the story, there would have been a divorce and still will be. Linda damaged the marriage too much for it to heal and she will, ultimately, file.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why even bother? Pitiful...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 stars, loved and hated it at the same time, I can say i honestly hate Linda, you and GA wrote her character beautifully, I can feel Jim’s pain.

JamieCTaylorJamieCTaylorabout 2 years ago

One paragraph killed it. That is not an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just when I think the endless takes on that awful original story couldn't get any worse, you come along and prove me wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cuck story 0*

LWLover60LWLover60about 2 years ago

Nice story and well written, but this isn't over by a long shot. There is still nothing in Jim's life he can trust, nit even himself. I've been there and the devastation takes along time to heal, and every time you think it's over it still comes back. Even after you have forgiven yourself and others. It's like aftershocks from an earthquake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is probably the best of the sequels/rewrites… very thought provoking… The end though was wrong… he would have most men would have gone to the hotel… marriage is a power balancing act… Linda jumped off the seesaw he crashed… something’s are repairable, an in your face like that isn’t… you picked up on that, that is an ego that can be repaired, but not by Linda….

AbctoyAbctoyabout 2 years ago

Writing was good but did not like the character development. She was a self serving Bitch who conitually betrayed her husband as told by the narrative when writing the journal. She did it and more but was never going to tell the truth by intentional omision. She had her fairy tale experience and loved it, keeping it crystalized in her memory all the while her husband had nothing but pain. BITCH. Marc was a piece of SHIT no matter how you tried to gloss it over. There was NO excuse for his actions and should be punishable by public flogging. Other stories much better with this nothing but candy coating. The only looser and BIG one is Jim.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Strong! As good as the original!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

“He is (has) severed his friendships for no other reason than he is embarrassed and ashamed.”

No, that doesn’t sound right. It would be both anger AND embarrassment. Also to keep from going to jail for punching the guys in the face and calling the women pimps and wannabe sluts thus starting fights with their husbands.

Escape_WithinEscape_Withinabout 2 years ago

Well done. Very eloquent. Seems to take all sides into proper consideration and development. I am disappointed in the ending but hey I am not the author. I have only begun to log in and vote. I read this while travelling alone a personal rabbit hole. There was no white rabbit at the end for me. Well writing please continue with storyline of your own design. I will gladly read them.

I will leave with an analogy. Perhaps a better storyteller than I can use it.

"You were driving down Life Rd. There is a stop light at the intersection at Year st. You made a right turn on the red just as a pedestrian entered the cross walk. You hit them. I heard they died from complications of the collision. I don't know if you ever knew them. Their last name was Marriage."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was torture, especially the ending. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pounded that one into the ground for no rhyme or reason. The decision to forgive hi wife was ludicrous. She'd do it again in a heart beat. Why live like that? Over done and over blown.

Bham487Bham487about 2 years ago

Either a great story on how delusional some people can be or a sad story from a completely delusional writer.

Wildbill314Wildbill314about 2 years ago

I wish writers would let February whither and die. That being said, this was a very good story

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 2 years ago

The end is simply not supported by what had come before.

I call BS!

1*

Bham487Bham487about 2 years ago

Never mind it’s just a sad story from a delusional writer. Based on the writers other story I’m guessing she’s fantasizes about being selfish slut. Hopefully she’s not as dumb and delusional as her female characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I have never left comments before - but this is truly worthless. Your writing is fine, however the story and disrespect she shows Jim is over the top. Jim has got to be the biggest pussy in the entire world to go home and forgive her. I would rather be a Russian tank driver than go back to Linda.

KRD19254KRD19254about 2 years ago

No F'ing way.... Either Jim wants to be a cuck OR he will live in the house for his kids as just a housemate (he would have to pay the mortgage anyway) for the next 13yrs. Jim will live in the new basement bedroom suite.

\

Jim will forever be haunted by "WHEN will Linda do it again" with another stud asking her to dance?

\

Linda can never be trusted, not at least with Jim's love. Linda willingly threw Jim into the gutter for a one night stand; and in the fashion Linda did it by slapping Jim's face in such a public betrayal there is no recovery. This is NOT a Jim ego thing - it is judging and trusting their emotional marriage bond. She just confirmed her distrust by withholding the whole truth of her tryst from Jim's initial written request. [A key item missing in this story was 'marriage counseling' ?]

\

The big question is, WHY did Linda have the right to live her fantasy - knowing it could/would destroy her family? Then blame this destruction on Jim's ego.

\

2.3*, hooyah - would have been a 5* if Jim went to the hotel.

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

The author is obviously very skilled in her craft.

In this story, as I feel in real life, I do not believe there will ever be peace until the Linda character accepts her role and is remorseful.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 2 years ago

You just took away Jim's last vestige of dignity. Worst sequel yet. I had hope until the last paragraph. She is not worth anything. She deserves nothing. Marc deserves a claw hammer to both knees. He destroyed a good man. and a nice family. There is no future for them. He might pretend to forgive her for the children's sake until the right time to take everything from her. How dare she be so angry about him speaking the truth. This one just pisses me off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written, I feel for the husband, he will never be the same. He will be tormented the rest of his live. What she did and doesn’t regret the experience. When ever they have sex and that is what it will be. She will think of Marc and he will feel she’s having sex with Marc to. This is the worst thing that can happen to a man. He feels he no longer is a man. Always in second place and waiting for it to happen again. I think the ending was incomplete. Please finish what the final out come as I would like to know how you could have him finally come to gripes with what happened. I really don’t know how you can do that, so please complete the story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really? Only in faithless slut fantasy land does a new batch of half truths and an ultimatum relieve the torment. Of course in faithless slut fantasy land the husband is just a foil.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

"Being a cuckold is a prison. You are completely emasculated, and you never fully escape the shame."

As long as you are still married to her, yes, that's true.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

"It was all the things she did not write that continued to torture his active imagination."

Maybe. Speaking as a guy though, not for me. What he DID know pegged the fuck you meter. No need to wonder what else happened. That sounds more like a female thing. People do differ though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He called her a slut and he was right any whore that would leave her husband to be with another man for the night is a prostitute and he has no reason to keep her yet the wimp is going to take her back because she can't see why he thinks it is her fault that they can't get over what she did to him and i am surprised she didn't stay the weekend with the asshole time to toss the sluti

flatcar44flatcar44about 2 years ago

Very well written. 4*. Though they should have divorced. Lower overall running avg score is due to the last paragraph. If he would have driven away, it would have been much higher. Pls keep writing.

Taio9Taio9about 2 years ago

I’ve read 40 or so of these ‘follow ups’ to the original story. This one does fill in the blanks - but I was rooting for Jim to go to the hotel -

None the less - very well written - thanks #164 !

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

She's writing it all down? What a bupid stitch. Hope the kids got HIS brains.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

"Linda was further along in returning to normalcy than he was."

YOU THINK!!! She's not the one who got humiliated and cheated on!!!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Skimming the diary entries. Boring to a guy.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

NFL tight ends are NOT 205#.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

More journaling? You're killing me AND the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hope he comes in the kitchen and chokes her to death! She doesn’t give a damn about him. It’s all “Jim just has to face the facts and swallow his pride.” But when confronted with the truth that she is nothing but a low life slut, she argues instead of facing the facts and understanding she is the one who has some serious work to do, not Jim. Her “journal” just reinforced in her mind how entitled she feels. She had her romance novel, but Jim has been living a Steven King story for months and she doesn’t get it. Unless her fairy tale is supplanted by a nightmare, there is no hope!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

No, he IS shallow and conceited. He just has very good bullshit.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Caught her off guard with his vulnerability? OK that's funny.

ThorlolThorlolabout 2 years ago

After reading this I really dont understand why Linda wants to hold onto the marriage because it feels like she doesnt love Jim at all. Its starts with the journal, she is writing it to relive her experience, the night she had the best sex ever and at the same time crushed the emotional well being of her husband and she doesnt even regret it. The most cruel line was the following 'The fact that my husband was sitting 20 feet from me made no difference, and honestly probably added to my excitement! I would be fucked by this man and my husband would know. I was beyond aroused.' And she claims to love Jim, is she for real? She got aroused by the fact that she will torment her husband? Later she added that Marc was a really good guy, so very thoughtful. She even talked with him for hours and recorded a false phone call just to deceive Jim. Those are all things that one wouldnt think or do if they truly loved someone. Its pretty sick actually. But thats not all, we already know that how little she loves her husband but she also doesnt desire him, 'Unfortunately, there is no husband in the world who will experience the complete access to his wife that I gave Marc that Friday night.' Why didnt she give Jim full access, does she like mediocre sex? Does Jim deserve mediocre sex? BJ's are ok for other but she wouldnt do it for Jim? Does that show love or desire? Is she doing anything at all to excite her husband and make their sex life better? All that leads to my qustion in the beginning, why is she even married to Jim? Also what was that about throwing 'Ellen' into his face? Ellen and Jim obviously never slept together but maybe Jim would have deserved it to also have one night of the best sex ever since his wife was somehow entitled to it. I really dont know if those are your real thoughts if you were in Lindas position or if you created her as a character different from yourself but should it be the first, then you really should examine your feelings and ask yourself if you are truly happily married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If this author was exploring her thoughts and contradictions, I advise her husband to keep a close eye on her. Looks like she is ripe for the picking.

hapmarriedhapmarriedabout 2 years ago

Well written. I enjoyed it. I think that Linda’s decision to journal the details to savor in future years just underscores that she is the same selfish brat who ruined her marriage on a whim. More-thrilling raw sex is only a one night stand away for pretty much anyone in a long-term relationship. Marc’s stardom just provided an unusual excuse. I have no idea why anyone would think that fact should make it more bearable for Jim, Like you, I was drawn to amplify the FS story — in my story “Damaged Beyond Repair.” It addressed the full depth of Jim’s torment, informed by long-ago agony of my own. The plausibility of your ending depends, I think, upon the part you did not describe: how the marriage survived the first days and weeks. I like reasonable reconciliations. But I don’t think it is a remotely reasonable outcome in such an outrageous betrayal with no true remorse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You almost got to the good place. You took it to where she sees him seeing himself as emasculated, but that’s not really how men react. They don’t feel they’ve lost to another guy: they feel the woman lost to another guy. A man accepts that there are guys who are more desirable: physical appearance, accomplishments, abilities, etc. A man accepts there are highly charismatic other men. What actually bothers the men is that the wife in this story destroys the intimacy that is their shared game, the game in which neither of them wins or loses but they cooperate together to make a family. And now she’s turned that into a competition. Now it’s a game in which he loses. He doesn’t care about the other guy, though he may in some cases hate that guy: he cares about the fact that the woman he has committed to cooperate with in life has betrayed that cooperation, and now the marriage is not win-win, but win-lose.

I had hoped you might go the way I’ve not seen, which is that Linda realizes she wasn’t the wife and partner she wanted to be, that she wasn’t giving all, and that she could only learn this by acting out because she couldn’t see in herself that she was the problem in their marriage, that whatever she was giving to her marriage didn’t suffice because she wasn’t capable of bringing that out of herself.

She could have done this many ways, but the obvious one is to realize that the sex was empty and that the emptiness of it made her realize that she had so much more to give to her husband. That means the story doesn’t end with her repentant and punished by the fact she didn’t know what she was lacking in the knowledge of her own self. Then you have them move to another city and start over.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Truly, this was the woman's point of view. Just confirms what Jack Nicholson's character said. When asked how he wrote realistic female characters he said, "I think of a man and then remove reason and accountability.

I'd advise this man, were he real, to start hiding assets in anticipation of dumping her when the last kid leaves home.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

You really did write a helluva story in terms of helping us understand the female point of view.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatabout 2 years ago

What a POS … completely unbelievable that anyone would reconcile with a vengeful slut like Linda. The story was made even worse by the 3 pages of Linda’s fantasy bullshit, which fortunately I only skimmed. Just way too many words in this terrible story. 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pretty twisted. Call Marc, leave Jim and the kids, and live your life without the family that you don't really want.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just give it up! Lousy addition to this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She, on the phone, told him he was a coward and hypocrite. Had she called me that, when I got home, she'd find out I was no coward or hypocrite. If the children weren't home, she just might disappear

sdc97230sdc97230about 2 years ago
It's well written, but will probably score low

Here's why...

First and foremost, there have already been so many of these "February Sucks" stories that a lot of readers will one-bomb any new one simply because they want them to stop.

Most readers here (including me) believe that the marriage is ultimately doomed, and that no matter how many times Jim tries to "forgive and move on," each time will just be another delay to the inevitable divorce or lifetime of repeatedly reemerging anger and distrust.

Anything from Linda's POV that reflects her being at all satisfied with her experience with Marc will only reinforce most readers' belief that she's an evil slut who Jim should have immediately kicked to the curb.

And finally, Marc has still not had his manhood forcibly removed by Jim or some imagined lynch mob of cheated-on husbands of his other married conquests.

koosewatcherkoosewatcherabout 2 years ago

He should pull up his Big Boy pants and move on. She is not worth a Lifetime of Misery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

F that. She’s reprehensible. Her thoughts toward him as she descended the stairs before they left the house all the way to the end of your story show she’s a disgusting, entitled, self-absorbed whore. He can, and should, do better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

First I would like to make a comment regarding "cuckold". Many writers keep referring to a man as a cuckold if his wife has a sexual affair with another man regardless of duration. A man is NOT a cuckold if he is not in support of her actions. She is the cause and is then a cheating slut. Husbands or boyfriend were betrayed. The use of cuckold is so overused and incorrectly so.

The question you have why an apparently happily married wife would cheat. That is a good question and if you noticed Jim has the same question "Why". Well we get an idea with Linda's comments about her fairytale Marc's sexual magnetism and her just sexually losing her self control "screw the consequences ". No thought about her children or Jim at that time just the strong sexual drive to screw or be screwed by Marc "a gorgeous man."

Eventually Linda can see how she has hurt Jim but also mentions several time that he needs to get passed it. Meaning what that Jim is to just forget her betrayal and get over her blatant disregard for her family and total disrespect to Jim. Remember his request of her to write the letter explaining her night and morning with Marc. Linda did not tell everything as she was supposed to do, withholding parts of her wonderful night with Marc. again stabbing Jim's heart. Remember Linda is sorry she hurt Jim but has no regrets of her night with Marc tells us she has some feeling for him.

In this as in most of the follow up stories its Jim's responsibility to mend the marriage get over her actions and move forward. Forgiving her of her betrayal and her sexual actions. Jim would have to consider doing just that especially with to young children. Due to divorce laws Jim would be screwed regardless what Linda has done. Therefore as part of his forgiving of the situation a Postnup would be on file in case any future contact with Marc or another fairytale should drive her to cheat again the fear of losing everything may keep her in line

PS: What kind of irritates me is Linda (the cheater) loses nothing suffers nothing. What effort will she put forward to help mend the relationship. May be awhile before Jim actively has sex with her, that may be her only problem and of course trust.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Utter BS!!! What an unforgivable WHORE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was very well written. It may not have ended as I would have liked, but that is not the point. Reconciliation is a plausible outcome and one well worth exploring. I do have reservations about Jim and Linda actually having made any progress. Jim had resolved himself to moving on previously. I don't know that anything he experienced here is ultimately going to resolve his emotional devastation. Again, I don't fault you for your effort. The problem with this story is the betrayal is so sudden and painful, it is hard resolve.

Adding context to Marc and Linda was a nice contribution to the story.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

Cuck shit. No man on earth would forgive her, ever. I feel sorry for your husband and children after reading this, 0/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You must have wrote this to strike out at readers who believe in justice.

With her attitude and wanting to remember all the details of that night:- this marriage will never heal!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nope. After she put down in writing what a wonderful, life-changing experience she had with Marc she could never again be satisfied with her husband. That alone spells disaster for their relationship. Then, after losing her control and totally debasing her husband over the phone and giving him the ultimatum of forgive or leave, we are expected to believe that he sits there and decides to accept her infidelity and just go forward. I know this is fiction, but that reaches the level of fantasy for me. Good read, but unacceptable ending.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

You attempted to justify a very shallow self-centered slut. And Marc was never a nice guy. He was there to pick up a married woman and f-ck her. Even with your attempted silliness at justifying why he was there. He still picked up a married woman right in front of her husband. That is a slimey self-centered egotistal low-life.

Your attempt to rewrite the story with Marc not being there to pick up a married woman didn't work or make sense. One of the key premises was that he did it all the time.

The fact that she wrote the journal was further proof that she had no regrets in her ultimate betrayal of her husband and her ultimate and continued disrespect for him. I don't see any way for him to forgive Linda. Or for their marriage to survive. Your ending was rushed, also absurd and incomprehensible. Now that he knew more of the truth (which was worse than he originally believed), he is now willing to forgive? WHY? She is so shallow and weak that it could easily happen again, and not is clearly no remorse for what she did to him.

There is nothing more shallow than a night (and morning) of incredible sex with a stranger and then claiming you have real feelings for them. She was in lust with him, and clearly she let her pussy guide her then and now.

If a man wanted the ultimate sexual experience with a stranger, it would be easy to get a "girl-friend" experience with a very high end beautiful escort. This whole BS of a once in a lifetime experience is ludicrous and absurd. The only once-in-a-lifetime experience was in how she blew up their marriage (or should have),

You sure made Jim a weak person.

2 stars

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

BTW, you claimed you wanted to understand why Linda cheated. That's horsepucky. She didn't just cheat, she abandoned her husband on their special night out to be with Marc. That is so far worse than just cheating that I don't see how any couple could come back from this ultimate level of disrespect, cruelty and demeaning betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Linda's point of view is valid and shows how much women dont understand men or appreciate their life. Her viewpoint condemns the value of her story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

disappointed with the ending makes Jim out to be a wimp and cuckold. He was right she behaved like a slut and totally ignored any feelings her husband had toward her.

Chuck100Chuck100about 2 years ago

I thought it was a great story until the very end. She goes on in her journal explaining how she had a fantastic memorable life-changing event. Everything was just Stardust and in magic . Not once did she think about her husband her family and others that would be affected by her actions it was purely a selfish self-centered narcissistic act. Her journal just further exemplifies these characteristics. She goes on to say that he should just forgive her for her one night of fulfillment. She shows remorse for the hurt that she has caused her husband, and for the difficulty that her marriage is currently in because of this act but what she has failed to do is show any remorse or sorrow or regret for going away with the a******. In order to be forgiven you must be sorry for what you've done. At no time does she ever demonstrate this or say it. All she ever does is just Revel in the memories of that night and covers it with lies and More lies yet she expects her husband to forgive her. I don't believe she could forgive him if he were to reverse the situation. A better ending would have been him coming home ready to forgive her finding her journal. Making her face the destruction of her marriage that she brought upon by her own decisions and actions. They have young children I understand him wanting not to be separated from his kids. Using that as a lever to force him to forgive her is reprehensible.

GrendelpuppyGrendelpuppyabout 2 years ago

Excellent!

I appreciate the woman's perspective written by a woman.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 years ago

Too bad, because this is a superbly written story. But your position is utterly disconcerting and deflating to the spouse (husband OR wife) naively idealistic enough to assume they hold the primary position in their partner’s heart. No difference between what Linda did and a middle aged husband who trades his boring sagging cellulite thighed wife/mother for the hot thirty year old girl with her biological clock ticking. Why not live the fantasy? A little collateral damage is to be expected, right? Breaking eggs to make bread, and all that. Ultimately this is a rationalization for selfishness with the price tag of breaking someone’s heart and undermining their sense of security and stability within the immediate circle of their own family. An old and tired story. Plenty of broken marriages - even the ones that haven’t yet dissolved.

.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

By her own admission he plays a very distant second fiddle to Superman Marc . With this knowledge he’s never going to be able to measure up , he knows it , she knows it , so why prolong the inevitable ? Divorce the cheating worthless slut , be a man again , not a cuckold , and get on with your life , without that self righteous cunt !

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

First off you write every well. Secondly, I've quit reading this February Sucks crap except for new writers like yourself so I gave this one a shot. That said the whole premise that a star like Mark would even bother with a used up married mother's pussy like Linda's is Twilight Zone material. If we're in the Twilight Zone and it did happen there's less than 5% of husbands that would stay married to the bitch after the disrespect he was shown. The biggest problem with this scenario that few followup stories have touched on is that Linda will until the day she dies have this fond memory of her night with Mark that will always be her most favorite, cherished memory and nothing her husband can do will ever top it. Sorry, but I'll be damned if I'll live the rest of my life living with a woman that would do that to me children or no damn children.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sorry man, I just cant read another one of these unless it has got a 4+ star rating and over 100 comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ouch...don't read this.

TryingItAllTryingItAllabout 2 years ago

Not sure what I think. The characters here are much better and multi-dimensional than in many of the other iterations of the tale. And that is a good thing. But also, it makes the ending that much harder to accept. Linda says Jim's desire for her that night is "off-putting" and says his desire for her to give him blowjobs is "pathetic." So how does she genuinely love her husband? And her take on her time with Marc is ultimately even worse than what she lashes out at Jim with over the phone. It's a deeper betrayal and yet she is the one who, on accepting the depths of it as she contemplates her journal entries, decides she won't put up with any anger from him or any kind of other expressions of his pain any longer. That seems colored by the high she got to re-experienxe while writing. It seems the reconciliation that comes from Jim's last-minute decision will be very unequal even more than in the 9 months prior. At least, that's what seems likely since we don't get to see how it goes. What does Linda do? And how does Jim react to that? It seems as if she's saying "Yep. I hurt you. Even more deeply than I knew before. But tough. Get over it and forgive me or get out " So I am not quite sold on his decision.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'll bet you wear a pink pussy hat occasionally and march in Washington. Am I right??? There is zero excuses that justify what Linda did. Her husband was right. She's an egotistical slut that only thinks with her cunt. No man with a working set of balls is going to stay married to the bitch.

jaythemanjaythemanabout 2 years ago

I appreciate your effort, this is a fascinating situation. I guess I really did not enjoy what you did, though. The marriage has no hope as long as the wife feels no real regret. The husband knows this. I could see him staying until the kids are grown, but this marriage is over.

towgtowgabout 2 years ago

Enough already. This storyline is beyond stale.

.

This story lacks originality. And missed the mark completely. 0 for the storyline and plot. +2 for writing and grammar.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

IDK, I want to give you praise for trying, but Linda still comes off as a self centered bitch with no remorse. Sure she feels bad b/c he feels bad, but not really for being the cause of it. There is no wrong doing in her eyes for her actions, just the aftermath, and she kinda feels bad. I know there is never a pound of flesh gained, but come on, something should have fallen Jim's way. Shit like this doesn't just go back to normal after 9 months. It takes years and the cheater usually is too scared of the other foot dropping.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As in most of these endings, and in the original story, Linda is a premeditated liar. She lies to herself and her husband. She even lies to her squeeze. And in the end, Jim goes back for more. Nice done story but nothing new.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Disliking this version doesn't mean it was not well written and plausible. The problem is it is too one sided. She thinks that the character that has been detailed (Jim) so many times would acquiesce to the delusional thought process the cheater portrays in the countless versions. No way without a frontal lobotomy. Also, the unfair portrayal of a wife is senseless. A good wife would have gotten this phallic worship out of her system. A middle-aged fantasy is a betrayal the worst type...plain and simple. Men generally are better equipped to do what Linda did at a younger age. If Jim did this to Linda she would have been devastated, hurt beyond belief and figuratively cut his balls off. This is also a comment on divorce laws in general. A wife who would do what Linda did should not get custody of young impressionable children. Her judgement skills are lower than a snake’s butt. Again, I say that I disagree with the POV, but respect the writing skills that told the story. Logged in from a different ISP and forget my password, ergo the Anonymous sign off. BTRH...

123456...9
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKitDeLuca164@KitDeLuca164
Married, mother of 2 grown children. Live in USA, Midwest. Was motivated to write after reading GeorgeAnderson’s February Sucks. Was conflicted by the premise of the story and wanted to explore my own thoughts on why an apparently happily married wife would cheat.