Feudal Japan

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Closing in on the border into enemy territory through thick, dense forest, in the direction of where the invading men went. The soldiers and Richard got lucky following fresh hoof tracks through the trees, finding them held up in a skirmish with an intercepting scouting party. Maintaining a close formation with each other, many of the invaders were still mounted on their horses.

The silence of the night was broken by the sounds of a wailing and screaming Yoshimura. Her feisty, brave resistance at being captured, protested the situation defiantly as the palace soldiers brandished swords descending on the encampment.

The invaders were alerted by the thunder of hooves across the ground, the melee that ensued had losses on both sides in the struggle. The scene of horseback riders and swinging Samurai swords was a sight to behold. Bodies littered the ground having fallen from their mount. Riderless horses either bolted through the trees or wandered aimlessly.

As the numbers of men dwindled and invading forces attempted to make a retreat, they would split up into differing directions. The screaming loud captive was unceremoniously draped over the back of a horse. Being manhandled and controlled by the enemy soldier which snatched her. He would start to make off, away from the confusion with two of his comrades deeper into enemy territory.

The garrison commander with Richard noticed and gave chase, firing pistols as they galloped into range, taking down one of the three men. Spooking the horse carrying the captive cargo and soldier, it reared up and threw the pair to the ground.

The accompanying enemy soldier brought his horse to a slow canter, circling back to aid his comrade. His comrade picked himself up from the forest floor and drawing his sword in anticipation.

The garrison commander was the first of the pursuing two to arrive at the scene, dismounting his horse after bringing it to a halt. Engaging in a sword fight with the enemy kidnapper as the enemy comrade moved in on his horse in support with his sword drawn.

With the palace commander soon to be outnumbered and from seemingly out of nowhere through the trees. At that moment Richard galloped through at full speed beheading one of the enemy, bringing his horse to a stop and returning to where the commander was locked in battle.

The invaders horse casually wandered around aimlessly as Richard dismounted his animal, wielding his bloody sword and leading the reins to a confused looking Yoshimura. The young beauty looked lost and unsure which direction to go through the trees or if to stay put.

Richard snapped her out of the dilemma harshly. Instructing her to mount his horse and make good her escape, giving Yoshimura a foot hold with his hands while the commander and the invader continued to clash metal.

With the horse and rider pointed in the right direction back towards the city he turned to support the commander. Watching in horror as the enemy kidnapper run his sword through his body, his eyes rolled and hands loosened from the grip of his weapon. The commander crumpled to the forest floor and began bleeding out, as the defender turned his attention to take Richard.

Mounted on the horse, Yoshimura slipped into the darkness of the forest trail back across the border. She would follow the trail and confusion of horses and bodies. Leaving Richard behind to take on the last invader on foot, circling with him in the duel she heard the fading distant ring and clash of metal.

The remaining defending forces had regrouped and organised at the border, Yoshimura was quite relieved to stumble upon them and be escorted to safety.

The Emperor's soldiers returned to the safety of the city and palace, organising the recovery of the abandoned cart of belongings. The wooden wagon had been left on the trail leading to the city from the boundary.

The beautiful Yoshimura and her belongings would be welcomed into the women's palace, grateful to be reunited with her mothers lady-in-waiting. Laying on a floor mattress in the female dormitory, lined up neatly with other arranged marriage proposals. Yoshimura would spend a semi restless night thinking of Richard's bravery coming to her rescue. Giving some thought of concern for his safe return she would drift eventually to sleep, laying next to her mothers lady-in-waiting.

Later in the early hours of the morning, a shadowy lone figure of a man on horseback loomed into the sight of a scouting patrol. Richard looked shabby and almost ready to pass out, he was discovered having blood everywhere. His wounds were temporarily and tightly bound by himself, fashioned out of torn cloth from the bodies of dead soldiers.

Deep within the safety of the palace walls the wounded Richard would be tended to by servants and doctors. News of the raid would finally reach the ear of the Emperor later that morning after he dismissed his chosen favourite. Turning to one of the Madams he would send for Yoshimura and her mothers lady-in-waiting would follow along behind.

Chapter Palace days: General Yamasaki and The Emperor's Sumo contests

Being finally introduced face to face with the ageing Emperor, the meeting with Yoshimura did not seem to go well. He read through the marriage proposal scroll sent along by her father. Raising a surprised eyebrow at the changes of his initial demands which he felt were non negotiable, he asked the lady-in-waiting "is he serious?" Giving him a polite yes nodded response with no words.

Speaking up for herself, Yoshimura interrupted "Forgive me, my Emperor, I travel here to honour my father but I do not agree with his wishes for me to marry and bear your children"

This was something he had heard before, from numerous marriage proposals, he would remind her of the situation she finds herself in.giving her a stern faced look direct in the eye, the Emperor explained "Many have said the same to me young lady, they now reside here, you will stay and earn your place like the rest. I will only choose the most pleasurable and strongest lovers to bear my sons"

Showing her on a map where rogue factions have known encampments across the borders close to his claimed territory. Explaining while pointing on the map "These supply routes and pathways here are constantly being raided. This latest attack, the route you took to get to the palace, these are perfect ambush and blockade points"

Looking at the lady-in-waiting "I assume you will oversee her etiquette, education and sexual experience?" bowing her head with a lowered yes gesture. He dismissed the pair, clutching at the scroll pondering his timely response as he disappeared through the palace and they returned to the O-oku.

The lady-in-waiting would spend time talking with Yoshimura, once they are settled in the O-oku warning her of not defying the Emperor. He had been known to execute proposed partners and their ladies-in-waiting for defying tradition. Promising she would train and prepare Yoshimura to be the best partner and lover she can be, she would spend an uncomfortable night on a mattress lined up with other proposals in a large dormitory.

Nursing a hangover, the great and respected General Yamasaki struggled to dress in his palace bedroom. Slumped on the bed asleep next to him the demure naked sultry figure of his chosen female companion, not moving an inch.

Being told of the attempted kidnapping and Richard's actions, he made a respectful visit to the infirmary praising him for acting loyally to the Emperor by taking initiative.

The Emperor was very busy with decisions in the wake of this kidnap attempt, making numerous orders and changes to the defence of the surrounding city. Redeploying some of his forces along the border to cover the single track pass better. This would also be without stretching his men too thinly from other key positions.

Yamasaki joined the heated debate among the Generals and Emperor haggling over a map with carved individual wooden representations of troops placed on it. Yamasaki surveyed the pieces on the map, tracking where the small band of invaders had penetrated the border patrols. Looking up to the Emperor and commenting factually to him "It looks to me they are trying to disrupt our supply trade routes, these are all where we have received shipments of rifles in the past few months"

The Emperor pondered and considered the map before finally replying "We just don't have enough men, there are too many paths and ways to cover them all and defend the city"

The discussions would drag on, passing back and forth, toiling with differing opinions being given. A restless and frustrated Emperor soon dismiss the generals from the meeting, making his way to the infirmary to visit Richard personally. Making sure he was resting comfortably and was well taken care of, the Emperor thanked Richard for his courage and initiative. Offering the reward of choosing one of the many marriage proposals from the many women which the Emperor provided hospitality to. Richard graciously accepted his offer with a simple bowed head.

Taking his leave from the infirmary the Emperor moved through the palace towards his private bed chambers. Acknowledging the guards posted at the door before going inside, finding his current favourite dressed and presentable, eager to entertain him again that night.

The very next morning brought the arrival of the beautiful Keiko with her lady-in-waiting to the palace. Palace soldiers were unloading their wagon as they were greeted and escorted into the complex. The Emperor was awake and dressed meeting the rising of the sun while his sleepy chosen favourite layed soundly sleeping in his bed. Leaving her to rest, he moved through the palace halls, collecting various servants and Generals along the way. Each of them updating and informing him of varying states of affairs.

Dismissing any that he could with abrupt and clear instructions along the way, towards meeting with Yamaski. He was sober enough to be on defence duty and assumed personal responsibility of escorting Keiko to the Emperor. The General would present Keiko to the Emperor, handing him the scroll marriage proposal from her father. Briefly reading through the arrangement he would find the wording of her fathers requests were a lot more appealing than Fujimoto's but did not give any indication of agreement or acceptance.

The General knowing what was to come and the decision to house and provide for Keiko would be silently assumed with a nod from the Emperor. Being a busy but honourable man the Emperor had not forgotten about his promise to Richard languishing in the infirmary.

Taking his daily tour to the O-oku and finding many fine, beautiful, strong, and experienced lovers he struggled to decide. With the women all in neat lines on their knees stretching down the long corridors of the O-oku, he would deliberate with the Madam and another General invited in with him. He noticed the new arrivals to his collection, kneeling opposite one another, looking up at each other with fierce eyes.

The Emperor passed by them, not knowing of their history and rivalry with each other regarding boys and men. Announcing to the corridor, he finally throws the decision open for discussion, while pacing up and down with his personal guard.

"I will be selecting one of you to reward a brave man and courageous soldier, he is a foreigner but as loyal and honourable as any of my Generals. I expect him to be treated and counted as such with respect, he is injured and not able to visit and choose among you for himself" The room was silent as he spoke.

The madam and several of the women security armed with their Naginata were the only women permitted to stand. The newly arrived Yoshimura spoke up, speaking out of turn in volunteering herself. Feeling the gaze of Keiko as they raised their heads "I owe the one you speak of my life, for his galant rescue of me. I should reward him if it pleases my Emperor"

Eager to impress and not to be out done. Keiko interrupts challenging Yoshimura openly "My Emperor, I regret to inform you that my rival Yoshimura is not a virgin. I have travelled just as far, through the same dangerous pass to meet and marry you. If it pleases my Emperor I also volunteer to prove my worth to you as a lover. If I can pleasure a crippled and injured foreigner, then meeting your needs should be no trouble"

Interrupting Keiko from further down the corridor the petty, bitching, rivalries started to squabble for the Emperor's attention. Many volunteering or taking exception to a rival putting themselves forward, giving him more of a headache before calling for silence sternly.

He turned to Keiko "you volunteer to impress me, but discredit this man as being unworthy of you, I admire your self confidence but loathe your arrogant contempt. You will need to work hard on etiquette and learn from the Madams here about conduct" She remained silent.

Turning to Yoshimura, pondering for a moment "You feel an obligation to him for saving your life, a debt I fear that you cannot repay if you are to remain loyal to me. Also your father is a skilled negotiator and has presented me with some vexing considerations, he is not aware you have lost your virginity" he broods thinking things through.

Yoshimura's supportive and caring, wise lady-in-waiting raised her head to address him "Forgive my interruption, I have served the family of Yoshimura very loyally for many years, helping with raising her as if she were my daughter. I have come to know Fujimoto very well, his honour in this matter should be considered if you reject Yoshimura. If it pleases my Emperor, if he cannot decide and with so many volunteers or reasons for individuals to not be worthy. This brave and loyal warrior you speak of, we know not what qualities in a partner he desires most"

Looking at Keiko and Yoshimura with a wry grin on his face "It seems you two have history together, it would please me to witness you both compete in trials that I make" Turning to the lines of women knowing of many brewing rivalries among them, walking along the line touching the heads of a few that he knew of.

They would each slowly rise to a stand "you will all compete in trials I make, impress me starting with a Sumo contest" Making his exit with his guarding General. Leaving the confines of the O-oku and going to the banquet hall for dinner. Whilst at the table surrounded by many of his Generals he would inform them that he will be holding trials and a Sumo contest among the women. Turning to some of them making inquiries into their relationship status, choosing only loyal experienced men.

Richard was well on the way to a full recovery, albeit with some scars and was going out of his mind held in the infirmary. The formidable General Yamasaki took personal charge of his safety, only selecting loyal soldiers to keep guard outside the infirmary and to give him close body protection.

The Emperor invited the General to the Sumo contest as Richard's representative, being given a position of prestige at the Emperor's side. Sitting himself on a cushion to watch the tournament. With every woman invited to attend, competing in the Sumo would be a test of strength and warrior cunning. The vast training hall would slowly get packed out. Lines of topless women in traditional waist hugging Sumo attire, they formed neat ranks and files entering into the space. Kneeling themselves around the outside of the Sumo ring and matting in the middle of the space. Sitting to the right of the Emperor, Yamasaki sat quietly observing the ceremony and introductions given by one of the non-competing older Madams.

It was then after watching many beautiful bare breasted, bare legged and bare footed women filing in the hall.

The series of Sumo contests would begin between paired up one on one opponents in the central matted ring. The idea is for the two women to grapple and wrestle while standing to move their opponent out of the circle. Either that or pin them to the floor or position them out of the circle.

Using their arms and strong grip holds against their traditional Sumo attire wrapped around their waist and having a single piece protectively between their thighs. They could also use legs to trip and unsteady their opponent as they would press body to body, twisting and turning trying to out muscle the other with their body weight as much as with finesse.

The Emperor's current female favourite, although invited and attending out of loyalty, found the whole spectacle uncomfortable and indignant. Interrupting the Emperor and informing him "I detest such vulgar nudity" before taking her leave. Not too concerned with her displeasure he had grown tired of her and frustrated that she had not fallen pregnant quickly.

Turning to Yamasaki to discuss each outcome of the matches, trying to determine a new strong and courageous warrior for himself among his many options. The Emperor and Yoshimura occasionally make eyes at one another across the room among the many brunette, neatly folded and knotted hairstyles between them.

As each paired contest ended a large unified cheer would go up and a referee Madam would rest the next pair in the Sumo circle to face off. Sitting across and facing one another Yoshimura and Keiko simmered and scowled at one another, eagerly awaiting their turn. Yoshimura was keen to defeat Keiko after her outburst in front of the Emperor and for the many years of rivalry stealing Masahiko from her.

Keiko on the other hand was the more confident of the two, having seemingly gotten the better of Yoshimura on many occasions with all matters. Relishing the opportunity to impress and win the attention of the Emperor, while entertaining him at his favoured sport.

To either side of the training room, behind the rows of topless women on their knees watching, sat the numerous invited Generals also being entertained. Some of the winning females were offered to the married Generals without heirs. Each paired General would be dismissed with their prize partner for the night. Finding their way to a private bedroom to try to impregnate their match, without the wives knowing.

The losers would return to their observant kneeling position with the rest of the topless women. With all the volunteer match ups completed the Madam sets up rematches between the remaining winners that were not paired to a General. Next up would be a match up between Yoshimura and Keiko, everyone in attendance shouting and encouraging the wrestling pair. It looked an even, back and forth contest with neither making much ground in pushing the other out of the ring. Keiko would resort to hooking her leg around Yoshimura's to bring her down and trip her out of the ring, both of them falling in a heap getting more violent than Sumo allows. Pulling hair, kneeing, scratching and slapping at one another while others tried to pry them apart. Marked up bruised and bleeding they both were disqualified with a roar from the Generals laughing.

Both women led away from the training room and the remaining matches resumed without too much drama or incident. Yamasaki and the Emperor would discuss again as they watched through the quarter final, and semi final stages before the final match would take place.

The Sumo contest would finally come to an end with a round of applause, signalling his approval the Emperor rose from his cushioned chair. Greeting the breathless and topless winning beauty in the Sumo ring, nodding a bowed head to her before offering to kiss on both cheeks. He raised Chinasu's arm in a victory salute "Your champion!" encouraging all around to celebrate enthusiastically.

He would select Chinasu as his favourite and announce that he chose the runner up, Kimiko as Richard's reward. Dismissing the rest of the women to the O-oku they would soon disperse filing out the training hall to wash and change. While meeting with his former favourite who attended the Sumo with him, he would dismiss her from her obligation to share his bed with him. Explaining he could not take a woman as a partner if she could not stomach his favoured sport. Sighing to himself with only one matter left to attend to, he gave instruction to one of the Madams to have Yoshimura and Keiko brought to him in the morning.

1...45678...10