Fling Maybe? Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was gently laid back on the towels. Greg's laid on top of me. His head on my stomach. I stroked his wet hair while we tried to regain our wits. I could've fallen asleep there if it wasn't so comfortable and if we didn't have to be somewhere soon.

His laughter brought me out of my haze. I looked down at the crazy man.

"I thought you were going to break it in half; how tight you were squeezing me. I planned on holding out, but you wouldn't let me." He laughed breathlessly.

"You shouldn't catch me off guard with your little tricks."

"There's more where that came."

"I'm sure. I also have some of my own. Just wait and see."

"I look forward to it."

"I love you, woman." He kissed my palm.

"I love you too, Papa."

I never felt this close to anyone in my entire life and I never wanted it to end. We showered and dressed arriving at the party about thirty minutes late, but it was worth it.

Him After being teased mercilessly about the reason we were late, we ended up having fun. Karaoke isn't my thing, but I can see why people enjoy it. The place was packed, but her friends had reserved a section just for the party. We laughed, danced and sang.

Monette even convinced me to get up on the stage and sing with her. We sung 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell. We performed the hell out of that song and we received a standing ovation. Our friends seemed to be getting along quite well. We might've even made a few love connections in the process. I met some of Mo's dancer friends. She got to meet some colleagues/friends of mine. The waitress bought out a cake with Monette's picture on it. A few of her friends gave a speech on how much they loved and will miss her . "You guys are so wonderful. And love you all so much, but I have a secret to tell you guys. I'm not going to Dubai."

Everyone looked around puzzled.

"We're having a baby."

A collective gasp filled the space.

"Oh my god, are you serious?" Cherice, her cousin asked shocked.

"Yes. We went to the doctor today and we're a little over two months along."

Her friends gathered around her and hugged her excitedly.

"Congratulations." Keith pat my back.

"Thanks."

After everyone settled back down, Mo reached in her pocket and put her engagement ring on.

"Oh, and I'm going to need a few bridesmaids as well." She raised her hand and the diamond sparkled.

A torrent of girly squeals erupted again. They gathered around her complimenting her and pre-planning the wedding.

"I see you took my advice."

"I had to have her, man. I can't imagine life without her."

We made eye contact. She smiled at me. I smiled back.

With the approval from our friends, I could tell a little weight was lifted off her shoulders. Telling her father seemed to be the bigger issue for her. As independent as she was she wanted her father's acceptance.

The next morning, we drove out to Blue Bell. I can't say I wasn't a little nervous. This would be the first time he's met me, and I've already impregnated his youngest daughter and asked for her hand in marriage without his blessing. I'm not a traditional guy, but there are certain customs one must uphold.

We pulled into the driveway of a huge colonial style home. From the lawn to the shutters, nothing was out of order. Everything was in its place. Monette used her key to get in. We stepped into the foyer. There was an imperial staircase that led up to the second floor.

"Hello is anyone home?" Mo called out.

"Monette?" A solid, curvy brown-skinned woman with long blond hair came towards us. Both women screamed as they ran towards each other. They hugged.

"When did you get in?"

"About an hour ago. Damn, that's the fiancé?" She looked her shoulder at me.

"Who told you?"

"Cherice. You know that girl can't hold water."

"Does daddy know?"

"Yeah."

"The baby too?"

"Yup."

"Great!"

'Don't worry about grumpy pants. He's always trying to control something. This is your life. Do you. And him obviously." She pointed to me. "I'm Roma, Monette's favorite big sister." She extended her hand to me. I shook her hand.

"Gregory, nice to meet you Roma."

"Do I hear an accent?"

"I was born in Bangor, Northern Ireland. My family moved to the states when I was four, so sometimes it slips out."

"I like it. Daddy and Ms. Brenda are out back in the garden. Follow me." She led the way to the back of the house. She turned to look at Mo. "You look fabulous. Your skin is poppin'. You all glowy and stuff. You must be taking really good care of my Nettie boo."

"He is." She smiled up at me. I put my arm around her shoulders.

We walked through the massive kitchen with all stainless-steel appliances and out into the large backyard. A man and woman were seated at a table surrounded by colorful plants.

"Look who's here?" Roma announced. The couple looked up.

We walked the short path to them. They stood up. Monette hugged both.

"Daddy, Ms. Brenda this is Gregory O'Brien, my fiancé. Greg this is my father, Aaron Mason and my step-mom Ms. Brenda."

I extended my hand to him. He shook it firmly.

"So, you're the young man that has knocked up my baby girl."

Right to it I guess.

"Daddy, don't start."

"Monette go help Ms. Brenda and Roma in the kitchen. I want to have a chat with your fiancé." He said never taking his eyes off me.

"No!" Monette said defiantly. "We did not come here for you to grill him. Whatever you have to say to him you can say in front of me."

"It's fine baby. Head in the house."

She crossed her arms. "Whatever. If you need me just holler." She stood on her tippy toes and we kissed briefly.

We watched as the women went into the house.

"Have a seat." He motioned towards the empty chair. I sat down.

"I'm going to be honest with you, I don't agree with anything that's going on. I also know when my daughter sets her mind to something, there's no turning back. That's both her strength and weakness. I'm over protective of my girls. They're everything to me. Darren sold her a dream and she bought into it. She was only seventeen, young and hurting. Her mother, Amelia, had just passed, so he played on her vulnerability. He broke my baby down. When she moved back in after they separated, I would hear her cry at night. I was glad they were divorcing, but I hated to see how sad she had become. It took a while to get her life back on track and here you come. What dream did you sell my daughter?"

"I didn't sell her a dream. I promised to make sure all her dreams come true. What we have is real. I support anything she wants to do. I know about her past relationship. She was taken for granted. He was an idiot. I cherish that sweet, gentle woman in there. I worship the ground she walks on. It happened quickly, I know. We did everything in reverse, but you know Monette, if it isn't dramatic it isn't normal." I chuckled. He cracked a smile.

"Mr. Mason, I love your daughter more than I love myself. I need her. She needs me. We take care of one another spiritually, emotional and physically. She has done so much for me and she doesn't realize it. She's so humble and graceful. She deserves more than I could ever give her. My goal is to show her everyday how much she is appreciated."

"You seem sincere."

"I am sir. Once you get to know me you'll see."

He folded his arms and stared at me.

"I'm trying to find a reason to dislike you. You know that is my first grandchild she's carrying." He sighed. "It might not seem like it, but I am excited about someone calling me grandpa and doing grandpa activities." He laughed.

"I know the feeling. I'm going to be a dad soon. It's an amazing feeling."

"Can we bring out the food now? It's getting cold." Mo yelled out from across the yard.

"Yes, we're starving." Aaron yelled back.

The ladies brought out trays of eggs, sausage, fruit, grits, pancakes and juice.

"Are we all good?" Mo asked sitting down next to me.

"Yes, we're all good."

"Really?"

"He seems of good stock. I approve."

Roma nearly choked on her eggs.

"Daddy you feeling okay?" Roma touched his forehead.

"I'm fine Roma. I can usually read people really well and he hasn't shown me any red flags."

Monette hugged my arm and laid her head on my shoulder.

"I told you he was great."

"I'm still going to keep an eye you, son." He pointed his fork at me.

"There's my daddy." Roma laughed and we all joined in.

My queen was happy. There were no more barriers.

We married three months later in her father's backyard. Surrounded by all the people we hold dear to our hearts. She was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen with her little baby bump. The day before we found out we were having a baby girl. We are going to name her Amelia Catherine O'Brien after both of our mothers. I was on top of the world. The luckiest, happiest man in world.