Flower on the Hook Pt. 04 - Final

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dad, I'm so tired..."

More silence.

"It wasn't... back then, when they came for her, and you visited me through those bars... All I knew about you was what she told me. I thought you left us behind and started another family because we weren't good enough for you..." She thought about it, she'd been thinking about it for years in the background, behind a haze of sex and drink. "I'm not good enough for you... I'm not good enough for anyone..." Even someone she loved, she knew hanging onto Dot would only drag the girl back down to her level, when she had so much further to rise. It was right that she was going ahead with her life, without the aging hooker trying to tie her down... She shouldn't have let herself keep hold on those fantasies. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

"It's been hard on all of us, hasn't it?" he said; she could almost feel an arm wrapping about her shoulders that she didn't deserve comforting her. "I never stopped loving my little girl, you know... She wouldn't let me see you, but I never thought things would get that bad. I thought you would move out, get more experience in the world, come back to me if only to yell, and I could explain it all..."

Chris sniffed, there was no way she could stop the snot and tears from flowing. "Dad... I don't think I can live this way anymore."

More silence, heart-rending silence that she had no choice but to wait through.

He said, "Honey, what do you say I come and pick you up tonight, bring you home for a nice, family dinner? If you're serious about this, we do have a guest bedroom that would have been yours for the taking when you turned eighteen. We can catch up."

"W-won't your wife be mad?"

She could almost hear the smile in his voice. "She's been waiting to meet you for years. Please, we're having stew tonight?"

Chris sniffed. She didn't deserve to know people like this.

"I'd like that."

She stayed on the phone with him for a half hour, though there wasn't all that much about her past she desperately wanted to share. Just smalltalk, weather, politics, but it was more than the words that mattered; it was that there were words.

Maybe, just maybe, Chris thought she might someday be able to talk to Dot like this.

But that would have to come later.

-The End-