Found in the Woods

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mom watched Emma while my bride and I honeymooned at Sandals Grande Antigua for ten days, where I learned just how hotly passionate my new wife was. Other guests at the resort seemed jealous of the broad smiles we couldn't hide. Wow! What a woman.

Mom chose to live in my old cabin, but she temporarily moved into the new house while renovations were completed. She was completely in her element planning and organizing the changes she wanted. I was afraid she was driving the contractor crazy, but he was a patient and good-natured older gentleman who attended our church. It wasn't long into the project when I noticed some romantic sparks between the two of them. Before long, they were an item, and I couldn't have been happier.

After dinner one evening not long before Mom's cottage was due for completion, Sandy, Mom, and I sat by the fire pit on the screened porch enjoying the sunset while Emma played at our feet.

Mom looked at me with a sweet smile and a sparkle in her eye. "You seem deep in thought, Ryan. Care to share?"

I laughed. "Am I that easy to read?"

Sandy chimed in. "You're pretty transparent. That's one of the things I love about you."

"I'm just reflecting on the past several years. They certainly weren't easy for any of us. But now, I can sit here knowing I'm surrounded by love from the people I love the most."

"You're an easy man to love, Son. Sandy and I were talking about that not too long ago."

"Oh, talking about me, are you? Now I'm worried," I said with a smile.

Sandy squeezed my hand. "You're rare, my love. There's nothing but good to say about you--except for the way you use the toothpaste." Her adorable laugh sent joyful chills throughout my body.

"Well, the two of you mean the world to me. And Emma is the icing on top."

"That she is," Sandy added.

"Mostly, though, I was thinking about how I originally moved here to escape. Instead, I ended up lost for a time."

"Quite a year," Mom commented. "We were four people in great need. It seems what we needed was each other, wouldn't you say?"

"Absolutely," Sandy added. "And now, you may have found someone too, Mom."

Mom laughed. "Don't rush to conclusions, but, yes, he's a wonderful man."

"I find it all so unbelievable," I offered feeling somewhat philosophical.

Sandy cocked her head with a quizzical expression. "What do you mean?"

"Well, I moved to the woods to escape a life I thought was falling apart. In so many ways, I was completely lost. Instead, it was here that I found love and a life I never imagined could be mine. First Velcro appeared and Sandy came into my life, filling my heart with love. Then, tragic circumstances turned into joy as Maggie and I both found peace. She also gave us Emma, a huge blessing from God, plus a loving mother who came with the bundle of joy. Thanks to the three of you, and Velcro, of course, I'm found. I can't imagine being happier. Speaking of Velcro, where is she?"

"I'm not sure," Sandy offered. "Why don't you call her?"

"Velcro!" I made the little cat calling noise that always got a response and looked for her. She trotted around the corner and leapt onto my lap. "What's this?" I asked as I noticed the message tube attached to her collar.

"Oh, I don't know," Sandy exclaimed with a huge grin. "Maybe she wrote you a note."

I fumbled getting the tube open and pulled out a pink piece of paper.

Mom smiled and asked, "What's it say?"

"Let me see..." I knew I was being set up, and I loved it. "It says, 'Congratulations, Daddy. You're gonna be a daddy again!"

Sandy and mom sandwiched me in a family hug.

"Are you...?" I asked my lovely wife. "A baby?"

"Honeymoon surprise, Mr. Cunningham."

We laughed and celebrated for a time until Sandy and Mom went inside to finish cleaning up after dinner. Now alone with Emma, my little treasure climbed up onto my lap along with Velcro, and faded off to sleep.

I sat back just to enjoy the moment. Wind played through the trees like a choir singing a song of peace. Birds chirped along in harmony. The smell of pine did its best to overshadow the unmistakable odor of a diaper needing attention, which somehow expanded my sense of joy even more.

"Yeah," I whispered to the angel on my lap. "I'm found."