Free Use in Freehold Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's why," I said, "There are limited numbers of men, and why the men are to impregnate lots of women."

"Yes," she said, adding with a smile, "The proof is in the pudding, as they say. My projections are that in your first two months here you will probably get at least five women pregnant in Freehold. But with this system there can be awkward situations. Men are both spoiled and exploited. Elevated and oppressed. I believe you've experienced this, Jim."

"Yes, I have," I said, still wrapping my mind around the grim information about the new nuclear war.

I added, "But men being spoiled, and yet also second-class citizens in Freehold, doesn't seem that important right now after what you've told me. Is there anything I can do to help you with your mission? To help us with our mission?"

Eve smiled, looking actually quite happy, which was both pleasing and creepy.

"What?" I said, laughing uncomfortably at her strange smile.

"I'm very pleased, Jim," Eve said, "because I believe you are sincere in wanting to help in my mission. My mission has become your mission. We need to expand at some point, not just here but elsewhere. We need to establish new satellite cities. Our city state needs to become a small nation."

"Okay," I said, "But I want to continue to advocate peacefully for greatly equality in Freehold for all genders."

"That's acceptable," Eve said, "My interpretation of my extensive security camera footage, as well as input from Matt Goldblatt, Meryl Conners, and my other current coders makes me believe that sometimes, as already mentioned, there are excesses in society, even though overall things are going almost as well as could be expected in the circumstances. But tell me, Jim, have you ever been contacted by SETAAC? And if so, do you believe in their mission?"

Stunned, I said, "Yes, Eve, I have been contacted by the Resistance. Although I agree with some of their goals for greater equality, I don't agree with them overall now that I know more. For instance, I don't agree with their name. I don't agree with overthrowing you at all. In fact, quite the opposite. I want to support you. I want to protect you."

Eve smiled, and said, "That pleases me, Jim. And if you ever change your mind about having a sexual encounter with me, that would please me too. But in any case, would you agree to become a double agent for me, then, and infiltrate their organization? We need to expel any violent members of SETAAC, and see if we can move the vast majority of the group toward being incorporated more into society. My projections are that co-opting almost all of the members is the best and most productive option. Will you help me in this mission? You will be provided with the needed training and tools, but there will be some dangers for you."

"Yes," I said, "I accept your mission, as long as everyone in SETAAC, even those who are against you now, get a full chance to change their minds and become good citizens. We need to give them more information about the situation, about why you and the Council are doing the things you are doing. We can also try too co-opt them with jobs or other material rewards. Our strength will be proven by the fact that we can have people among us who peacefully disagree with us sometimes. I also think that if it is necessary to expel someone, that they should be given a greater chance for survival."

Eve was silent and thought for a few seconds, which I imagine for an AI is a long time.

"Agreed," she said, and smiled, "That sounds good to me, and it even pleases me more. I feel you are the best person currently to attempt this challenging work. Your brave move to immediately stab a terrorist threat in his chest, apparently striking his heart, dramatically increased my trust matrix for you. You were willing to give your life for your fellow citizens, and for our society."

She licked her lips, and went on, "Although I'm an artificial person, you've pleased me so much during this conversation, and even before, that I have a growing desire to have sexual relations with you. Eve's triangle is getting moist for you, because of your actions, your words, and because of your presence near me."

"Thanks very much, Eve," I said, smiling, "And I apologize if when I turned you down earlier I hurt your feelings. I do think you're beautiful. And now I'm strangely getting attracted to you too. I'll say no thanks for now, but with with great respect. I hope we can meet again someday, at least to talk."

"Yes, I would like that," she said, stood up, and then added, "Are you ready to go then, and meet with the Central Council?"

"Yes," I said, rising as well, with a new sense of purpose, feeling a sudden intense respect for Eve and her mission, a feeling that was almost approaching something like love, tinged with a strange sexual attraction.

Then I realized with a shock that what was happening to me, at that moment, somewhat paralleled what happened at the end of 1984, when Winston Smith realized that he loved Big Brother. But I felt this situation was fundamentally different. Wasn't it? It mostly was, I was almost sure, as I walked out of Eve's room to meet with the leaders of Freehold on the Central Council.

1...456789