Freedom League Ch. 02: Punch & Judy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It took him a moment to figure out where he was. What was happening. He had some cobwebs. Then everything came back into focus.

"LANCE!"

He could see the fire. Crazy man hurled himself across the few roofs that separated him from his friend. But once he was on the edge of the nearest roof. He could see the old record store was obliterated. The two cars were on their sides on fire. Due to the gas tanks rupturing from the explosion. The two gas main pipes for the buildings had flames at their ends. And rubble was strewn everywhere. The bodies of the box movers decorated the scene like macabre tchotchke.

"LANCE!!"

Crazy man dropped to the ground and ran through the rubble. He saw the blue of Major Justice's uniform buried under a pile of brick and mortar. Quickly he rushed and hurled brick after brick off of his friend. But when he pulled him out. He could see his skull was caved in on the right side.

"NOOOO!!"

The primal scream that followed. Was enough to send any witnesses to the explosion, running for cover.

Mad man held the corpse of his friend to his chest as he continued to scream out his pain.

At some point he saw a man in a dark suit with a red and orange vest. "Who did this!?" He screamed.

Jinn answered softly. "Your anguish brought me here." He shook his head. "I do not know."

"THEN WHAT FUCKING GOOD ARE YOU!!" He said as he stood with tears running down his face. Foot long black talons grew from his hands as his eyes seemed to glow crimson red.

Jinn soothed him as best he could with his hands outstretched in a supplicating motion. "Shhh shh shh shhh shh shh. Give me a moment." Mad man seemed to pause as best he could. Jinn waved his hands a bit and sand began to spin around them.

Mad man could see the image of the warehouse how it was before the explosion. He saw the men entering and then the image froze.

"These men work for Bucker Morgan." Jinn commented. But as soon as he said it. He felt the ominous presence of Crazy man disappear. "Poor Mr. Morgan. I fear you are in for a dreadful night." Jinn shook his head. But it was best for everyone if he stayed out of it and let the psychotic heartbroken deal with the issue. Jinn used his power to recover the pieces of Major Justices body. Before mending them back together. He could do nothing to bring him back. Even he was incapable of that. But he could make the man presentable for his loved ones.

The first hint that Bucker Morgan had a problem. Was when the pool table near the front door of his pool hall. Flew across the hall crushing and killing six of his men. Morgan sat in his office with the door open. Looking out on the room. What he saw at the entrance terrified the hell out of him. If he had ever envisioned a demon from a psycho ward? This was it.

"WHERE THE FUCK!! - IS BUCKER!!?"

Several of his men charged the man. The first one led off with a pool queue. But Crazy took the queue during the swing. Spun it around and lodged it up and under the man's rib cage. Then quickly lifted and used it to throw the man like a jai alai ball. Hitting another man on the far side of the room.

He broke the queue in half on the forehead of the next man to come at him. Then knocked that man out with a strike from the heaviest half of the queue. The pointy end he threw into the heart of a third man. Who fell and died instantly.

As Mad man beat his way through the gang. One of Bucker's security slammed and locked the door to the office. As he turned around to tell his Boss to run out the back. An "8 ball" came from the back of the office to crush his face.

Bucker felt long talons dig into his neck as his man fell to the ground. He could see the crazy white bastard was behind his chair. One hand coming around to grip his throat. While his face was right next to his.

"You blew up the wrong boy tonight, Buckfucker." He whispered.

"I didn't blow up anyone!" He gasped out as he shook his head.

"Record store on Carlson."

"...That was supposed to be a simple insurance job! Destroy the building! Get the insurance! No one was supposed to die! I swear!"

Crazy man paused. All of Bucker's men had died too...

"Who was the job for?"

"Sebastian Yun! He's some big time CEO of some tech company or somethin!"

Crazy squinted at him. "What else is he into?" He whispered.

"I I I I heard rumors he's running some weapons. Maybe whore houses. I think one of his places got popped last night. But I don't know for sure."

Crazy released his hold. "...Sorry about the mess." He growled.

He was about to leave when he realized,

"Judith."

A few minutes later, when Bucker didn't see him leave. He slowly swiveled his chair but no one else was in the office with him anymore. He stood up and walked to his friend laying on the floor. He checked for a pulse but shook his head. He stood and unlocked the door. Slowly, he opened the door to his office.

"How many of us are still standin!" He yelled from the shelter of his office.

"Eight of us, Boss!"

He calmly stepped out to see many of his men still pointing guns in his direction.

"He's gone. You can put those away."

"You OK? You're bleedin." His closest man commented while motioning to the wounds on his neck.

He touched one of the painful spots and came away with blood. "Yeah. I'm fine." He nodded. "Get anybody hurt to Doc Marson. The rest of us are "going to ground." Collect any weapons, money or anything. We need to start makin plans for what to do once Yun is dead."

"This wackjob's going after Yun?" Bucker nodded in response. "Should we wait for Terrance and the others?"

Bucker shook his head. "That psycho said we blew up his friend at the record job. If we ain't heard from Terrance or any of the others? Then they probably got caught in it too."

"God damn."

Bucker nodded again.

"All we got is eight people then." Bucker nodded once more. "And Yun.." He looked at the devastation around them. "is fuckin dead... How are we supposed to capitalize on that with only eight guys?"

Bucker shrugged. "For starters, we don't tell ANYONE there's only 8 of us. Second, I'm gonna go fuck with Yun. Maybe get him to thin out some of his soldiers looking for us. Which'll make it easier for Psycho Death to do his thing."

With that, his man nodded and began barking orders at the men. Bucker went back to his office and brought up a video call to Sebastian Yun.

Surprisingly, Yun answered. "Morgan. Here to tell me how upset you are? And how I should be worried?" He smiled.

Bucker dabbed at his neck with a cloth. "It's funny. Listenin to you spout on about how you know this is gonna play out."

"Is it now?" The smile held firm.

Bucker nodded. "Yeah. You see this demonic nutjob just tore through me and my boys in about 10 seconds." Morgan picked up his laptop and panned it around the room just outside his office. Sitting it back on his desk. Bucker sat back in front of the camera. "Apparently your little explosion killed someone he liked {very much}. I of course, rolled over on you INSTANTLY." He commented as he continued to dab at the wounds on his neck.

"You piece of shit!" Not smiling anymore.

Bucker nodded. "Yeah, I figured you'd think that. But before you die. I wanted you to know somethin."

Yun seethed but didn't say anything.

"After your funeral. Me and my boys are gonna dig up your grave. Crack the casket. And we're gonna be laughin when we piss on your corpse." He nodded without a smile.

"You motherfucker! I'll..." Morgan cut the connection. Then disconnected the battery from the laptop before storing it in his satchel.

"Hell of a fuckin night."

She looked beautiful. The leather collar only added to her innate sex appeal. She was still wearing her work clothes of blouse and slacks with a simple pair of black flats. It took her a moment to notice him.

She smiled. "What game are you playing tonight?" Judith asked. When she saw the pain filled downcast look he gave her. She calmly walked to one of the kitchen tables and took a seat. She thought she had better before whatever he was about to say became real to her.

"Where's Lance?" She whispered.

He just shook his head. Obviously on the verge of tears.

"Where - IS - Lance!?"

He cleared his throat. "We got a lead on another of those whorehouses. We went to an old store on Carlson." He looked at her a moment and shook his head. "They blew up the building while we were in it."

"No." She shook her head and gave a bitter laugh. "No. No. No. No. No." She laughed again.

He didn't answer.

"NO!" She pounded her fist on the table. "Where were you!?"

"...I was standing next to him. It blew me out of the building."

She was still shaking her head. She pulled out her phone and set the T.V. to the website for the local news, WNMN. "Breaking News: "Explosion on Carlson" it said.

"No."

She played the feed. The reporter was going on about all the bodies and the destruction. But when he got to the part that witness claimed one of the dead was Major Justice? She wailed in pain before bending over to hold herself. All he could do was watch.

A moment later he managed to kill the news feed and hold Judith. He was grateful she let him but her crying continued. A long time later he carried her to her bed and held her there while she cried herself to sleep.

Late in the night he awoke to find himself alone. He slipped out of bed to find her curled up on Lances bed. Holding one of his pillows close to her face. The scent of him being the only thing left of Lance Hubbard. He covered her with a blanket and sat next to the bed. He'd slept in worse places.

Over the next couple of days he did not try to talk to her. He did not try to get her to eat something. He simply held her while she slept. Got out of her way when she wanted to go to the bathroom. And fucked her the one time she asked for it.

It was not the kind of sex you brag about. He followed her body's hints as to what she needed. Left hand pulling her face into his shoulder. With his right hand pulling her ass tight against him. Slow steady grinding. She called him "Lance."

On the third day, there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." She said.

"Are you sure?" It had been the first time they had spoken since the horrible news.

She nodded and moved out of his grasp. She ran her fingers through her hair and stopped to check her reflection in the hall mirror. She looked like hell. But she supposed she was supposed to.

Opening the door she found a very angry young woman. "Hi Gwyneth."

"You sick fuck! He was your son?"

Judith sighed. "What do you want?"

"I can't believe you fucked your own son! You disgusting bitch! Take this!" She threw her leather collar at Judith. It bounced to the floor.

"I can't believe you'd bring your moral outrage here! Now that I'm dealing with my son's death?" She said as she looked up from the collar on the floor.

"Are you gonna deny it!?"

"The only thing I deny! Is whatever it was I saw in a gutless CUNT like you!"

"You! You!... I'm gonna tell everyone! Everybo..." Judith slammed the door in her face and locked it.

She made it several steps before she collapsed and cried. She felt strong arms encircle her. Hold her close. Kiss her forehead.

She wished it was Lance.

After a very long time she stopped crying. "I'm hungry."

He nodded and helped her stand. Once in the kitchen, he made grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. But didn't talk until she wanted to.

"Someone's on the roof." She said.

He didn't ask how she knew. He nodded, put down his food and went upstairs. That same man in the dark suit and garish vest was waiting for him.

"I am very sorry to intrude at a time like this."

He nodded in reply.

"The League was able to make the funeral arrangements for Major Justice. I just came to give you the details. Is that alright?"

He shrugged. "...What'd you do?"

Jinn handed him the information. "If there's anything she or you want different just let me know and I'll get it done." He handed him an old flip phone. "I'm on speed dial 1." That got Jinn another nod. "The funeral is set for tomorrow."

Jinn waited to see if there was anything more the mad man wanted to share. But after several moments of staring at each other. Jinn gave a slight bow before turning into an owl and flying away.

He relayed the information to Judith. She took a deep breath before taking the paper from him. "This sounds nice." She said after a few minutes.

"Yes." He nodded.

Colehome burial ground was the most prestigious cemetery in Neo Metro. What few members of the League who were deceased. Were interred there. The hill on which Major Justice was to be buried had three oaks growing on it. With a view of the city skyline in the distance.

The reporters at the gate were not so picturesque. Some asked about what led to Lance becoming a hero. Some asked why he was at the old record store. But most blatantly asked if she was sleeping with her son. Thankfully this was a nuisance at best due to her being in a limousine. The Legion had provided it.

At the grave site she saw most of the famous members of the Legion. "Lance would have been proud." She thought.

The pastor was good. All gave their condolences. But by the end of it all. She latched onto Earl and asked. "Take me away from all of this." The Legion watched in surprise as the pair seemed to quickly fade from view.

Judith watched as the lights swirled and the world went blurry. And then she was in some poorly lit warehouse.

"Where are we?" She asked as she stepped back from him.

"This is my home."

She nodded. "Where is that? Exactly."

He shrugged. "The basement of an old office building downtown. I filled the starwell in with concrete when I learned to teleport."

She smiled. "Pretty hard for someone to sneak in if there's no way in. Huh?"

He smiled and nodded. "Yes."

She began to walk around the place. She could see what looked like chemistry benches with their own lighting. And what looked like four king sized beds shoved together to make one big square bed. There was a bathroom as well. But all of the in between spaces were dark.

"What made you choose this place?"

He shrugged again. "At one time, a very stupid Chemist, with delusions of alchemy, thought he could tap into the power of insanity."

Judith looked back at him. "...And he made you?" She stated more than asked.

He nodded.

"Did you kill him?"

He let out a large sigh. "In a manner of speaking... Though I suppose I was always a little more {insane} than [stupid]." He smiled.

She returned his smile. "Earl" isn't actually your name. Is it?" He shook his head. "What is it?"

"...I don't know yet." She nodded as she went back to exploring his home. "What do you think of the place?"

She laughed. "Uhhhh, it's pretty lonely."

He nodded though she couldn't see it from the far side of the room. Eventually she made her way back to the bed. Where he sat. She sat down next to him.

"So, what now?" She asked.

"...The man that killed Lance is still out there. A Sebastian Yun."

"The CEO of HardLink?"

He nodded in reply. "Apparently he's into a lot of criminal shit."

"Alright. So, what do we do?" She asked.

"I guess that depends on how you answer my next question." He looked at her and held up a red vial that seemed to glow in the gloom surrounding them. "Do you wanna get crazy?"

Sebastian Yun couldn't make out anything over the radio. He had guards screaming about two intruders on the ground floor. Immediately followed by reports of two intruders on the roof. Two guards ran to secure his office when they realized the ones on the roof were only one floor from their boss. Two more manned the outside of those doors.

"They've cut the cables to the elevators!" Someone reported.

"Roofside, the chopper's been torn to shreds! Wayne and Garcia are dead!"

He could hear gunshots across all of it.

He got behind his desk and pulled his pistol. His two guards already had theirs out. He heard yelling from the other side of the doors. Followed by gunshots. Laughter. And what sounded like his two men being beaten to death. Then the doors were kicked in so hard they came off the hinges.

There stood two stark white people. The man had crazy black hair with some kind of hockey mask with the mouth cut away. White jacket and an uncomfortably obvious hard on in his black pants. The woman had two foot long black hair sticking out in every direction like she'd just touched a live outlet. Her red eyes and red lips did NOT appeal. She was wearing a blue football jersey, thick leather collar, maroon boots and smile.

"Who the fuck are you guys?!" Yun screamed as one of his guards charged the duo.

The guard fired as he ran but suddenly doubled over from a strike to his guts.

"I'm Punch!" Smiled the man as he stepped around the guard.

"PING!"

Yun heard the aluminum baseball bat hit his guard as the bat moved on it's follow through. The guard came flipping end over end across the office. Until he splattered against the glass outer wall. Blood and gristle sprayed along the wall in every direction. The remnants of his shattered bones embedding into the wall. Leaving his corpse suspended off the ground.

"And {I'M} Judy!" She smiled as she hefted the bat on her shoulder.

BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!

Yun and his last guard unloaded on the pair. The two white psychopaths jostled and fell to the floor.

Yun and his man sat there stunned. Until Yun laughed.

"OK. So they're crazy looking but you just shoot em. Ha!"

His guard laughed with relief. Then he was picked up off his feet as an aluminum bat nailed him through his chest to the wall.

Yun looked back. Only her arm had moved. The man levitated up like one of those old vampire movies. Arms out to the side as he rose like a plank to his feet. Still smiling.

The woman, "Motherfucker! That hurts." She griped as she rolled over and pushed herself up off the floor. Once she was standing she coughed and spit. Yun saw something small and metallic come out of her mouth and bounce off the floor. She kept coughing as she approached him. Little chunks of metal kept flying out with each cough.

"What do you want?" Yun screamed.

She grabbed him by the collar and coughed one last time in his face. The last 9mm round in her gut came out and bounced off his face.

"Glad to be rid of those." She smiled as she slammed Yun against the glass wall.

"Why're you bitchin?" Punch commented. "At least you can spit yours out." He said just before his whole body shook and he began pounding on the desk several times. "WOW! WhooooWe! Ow. Ow. Ow. Fuck! Ow." When he stopped pounding he gave a shiver and shook his leg like he was trying to shake something out of his pants. Seven 9mm rounds in a clear bloodish hued fluid fell onto his foot.

"Ewwww." Judy cringed before saying in a hard Brooklynese accent. "You need ta see a Doctah."

"I AM a Doctor!" Punch smiled.

"I meant a therapist." She nodded.

"Oh. Yeah. Probably." He commented before pulling the bat out of the wall. And the corpse.

The guards body fell to the ground. While Punch swung the bat and blew out the window wall behind Yun. Judy held Yun out over the Fifteen story drop to the ground.

"Wait!" He yelled. "Please wait! I can help you!"

"Look piss ant." Judy said. "The only reason you ain't dead is cause we need to know where those other six whorehouses are."

Yun looked relieved.

Punch answered. "Oh. We don't need him for that. I got a guy." He nodded.

Yun looked at Punch with terror.

"Really?" She smiled. Punch nodded again. Then she looked back at Yun. "Major Justice was my son. So, what exactly are you going to give me, dipshit?"

Yun was speechless. "Uh, I, Uh."