All Comments on 'Freshman Hooker'

by gunhilltrain

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
MartlesMartlesover 1 year ago

Enjoyed this story from female perspective, with her realisations of downsides of sex work.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you. I didn't do a lot of research for that, I just made it up. Her character appears in a number of stories I have done on various sites. There will be more about her on Lit soon. The City College layout of that time is accurate, however.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nowhere near hot. This shotgun approach (give a long list of situations without hitting power) isn't doing it. Just a cold emotionless list of a variety of situations. No build-up and progression.

There is a progress in Nora's character over time, but she was the cold, clinical hooker throughout.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 1 year agoAuthor

There are a number of other stories about Nora on here about her post-hooker period - many of these are versions of stories already on other sites. Anyway, the story is not supposed to be "hot." As I suspect most American prostitutes are, she is cold and clinical on the surface, but underneath she is falling apart both emotionally and physically. Over ten months, the same things keep happening to her because that is the nature of the job (or most jobs, for that matter.). The "progression" is that she decides to leave the job at the very end of her first year and lead a more normal life. That guy Paul will know her for another three years (they are on the same newspaper) but his time as her lover will be very much shorter as mentioned in the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergunhilltrain@gunhilltrain
Time and place matter I suppose. At present I'm between the Metro-North (formerly New York Central) Harlem Division and the NYC Transit Authority's #2 train line. Thus I'm on both the wrong side and the right side of the tracks at the same time. Anyway, for me the Midnight Sp...