Girlfriend with Testing Device Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Where does it end, Elizabeth?"

"If this is going to be the last person I'm going to go after, I want to go out with a bang."

"Will it be though?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she held one hand on her chest defensively.

"I mean this whole thing is just... you're, what? Mad at Sam because she didn't date you? You're jealous of Emma because she's dating her? That's no reason to be mad at people. And you think they deserve it because they're rubbing it in when they're just trying to be happy? There's nothing to be jealous of! They don't have any sort of happiness that we don't have ourselves. Baby, how long until you see someone else who you think deserves it? How long before you can't resist not using that thing any more?"

"I would never!"

"Elizabeth, you've got to learn to let things go."

"Is- is everything okay?" asked Slut. We weren't exactly being subtle. "It's really not like you two to be arguing like this. Normally you guys are all super lovey dovey."

"Its nothing." Elizabeth said, coldly, she was scowling at the poor girl "Sometimes couples argue. You wouldn't understand, having never had a real boyfriend."

"Oh." her voice cracking in pain.

"Hey now," I said. "Come on, that was hardly called for."

"Evan, I swear... " Elizabeth sighed "Fine, you know what? Lets just go, okay? Because what are we even here for if not to get revenge on them?"

"I... I thought we were having a date, Elizabeth. I thought we were having a good time enjoying each other's company, but I guess I see now where your priorities lie."

"Oh my god, Evan. Yes, I want things for myself, is that so much to ask for?" her voice quavered just a bit. "And sometimes... sure, I get a little caught up in them or I stop asking myself if I'm doing the right thing. But I'm so sick of you making me feel like the villain all the time because of it!"

"Whoa, hey, stop." Slut reached out and put a reassuring hand on Elizabeth's shoulder. "This isn't like you at all. What is going on?"

"Stay out of this, Elles." Elizabeth warned.

"Huh?"

"Stay out of this!" she slapped Slut's hand away. She was shaking.

"Elizabeth?" Slut shrunk away. Elizabeth was looking at her like she didn't even recognize her anymore.

"I said stay out of it." Elizabeth's voice was colder and darker now. She grabbed the device and rose to her feet.

"Hey, no! Come on! Baby, you promised!"

"No! I'm sick of feeling this way! I'm sick of holding back. You want to treat me like a villain? Fine, I'll act like one!"

She swung the device towards Slut, who stood there like a deer in headlights.

"Elizabeth, baby, I'm sorry I made you feel that way - you have to understand that it wasn't my intent - but come on, you don't mean that. I know you. You're not a better person than that. Than all of this. You don't want to do this."

"Maybe I fucking do!" She swung the device towards me.

Her hand shook as she looked down at me, the device all but touching my face.

Her eyes were clouding over with moisture. They were beautiful. I'd forgotten how much I loved her eyes.

In that long moment I watched a war rage behind those eyes. Anger, fear, compassion, regret.

"Damnit, Evan." she said, slowly the lowered the device. It was trembling just as much as her voice. "You're right."

I breathed a sigh of relief.

"But, fuck, I've made such a mess of things here," She looked back and forth between me and Slut and down the way that Emma and Sam had left. "and I... I don't know if I can bear living under your constant moral scrutiny anymore."

"I-I'm sorry," I said, earnestly, "I never meant to judge."

"Of course not. You were just trying to help me." she let out something that could have been a sigh or could have been a sob. "That's all you ever want to do. I'm sorry too, I never meant for it to end this way."

"What do you mean?"

"What the hell is going on?" cried Slut.

"I need to fix things. I just... I need to erase all of this, this whole week, maybe. Make our relationship happen again, make it happen better this time. I'm sorry, Evan. I'll make it right. You deserve better. I just... I need you to be patient with me. I don't want to fuck this up."

"Elles..." She aimed the device at Slut and started to adjust the controls. "I'm so sorry. I can only hope one day you'll be able to forgive me."

I didn't know what she was talking about, but I didn't like the sound of that one bit. I didn't know what she had planned but I couldn't let her go through with it. I raised an arm out to try to pull hers away, but all I could do was grab one of the dials just in time to see - zzzzttttt - the cute waiter's head sitting on top of the mother's body at the table nearby.

Elizabeth tried to pull her hand away, tried to stand up, tried to throw me off. She was strong - she had all the strength of a football player, but so did I.

"Evan, stop!"

"Baby, I'm sorry, but I can't let you do this!"

"I can't believe you!" she yelled, desperately trying to wrest my hand free with one hand as we grappled for leverage, our struggle escalating far quicker than I had intended.

"Please, Elizabeth, just put it down." I grunted, all my strength pouring into ensuring the device wasn't pointing at anyone as it fired off again and again, and yet before my eyes - zzzzttttt - the grandpa and the baby had swapped heads now, and then - zzzzttttt - the mother and the toddler as well.

Digging down to a reserve of strength I didn't know I had I jumped forward, turning the grapple into a tackle and spilling us both to the ground.

The device sailed out of our hands, spinning in the air.

Elizabeth made a grab for it as we fell, but it was just out of her reach.

Slut dove forward and snatched it out of the air, fumbling it to her chest as she tried to avoid tripping over the two of us.

"What the fuck!?" she yelled, pointing the thing at us without even knowing what it was. "Stop! Stop fighting!"

Elizabeth looked up at me, my heart broke at the look betrayal in her eyes. I offered her my hand to help her up, but she chose to stand on her own.

"What the hell is this all about? Evan, can't you see that Elizabeth needs your trust. Elizabeth, can't you see that Evan is just worried about you? What are you even fighting over? What - what is this thing?"

"Be very careful with it." I said, looking at Elizabeth, unsure how much to say. She met my gaze sternly. "It's... it's very fragile."

"Slut," Elizabeth said, slowly and carefully, like she was talking to a toddler with a bomb. "it's very important you give that thing it back to me."

"Slut, don't." I said. "Don't do it."

"Evan!"

"Look, I'm sorry, but that things has been nothing but trouble for us. Maybe - maybe we just need to get rid of it for a while."

"Evan, that hurts." her voice was like shattering glass.

"I'm sorry, baby, I know. But this is how I feel."

"Slut, please," Elizabeth held out her hand, her voice quavering, "you're my best friend, you know that? You know I'd do anything for you, right? and I know you'd do anything for me. I need you to do that right now. I need you to be that for me. Please, just... please give that back. All will be forgiven. I can fix all this."

"What even is this thing?"

"It's a long story, I'll... I'll explain everything, just give it here."

Slut looked down at the device, then back up at Elizabeth. Elizabeth held out her hand.

"N-no." Slut took a step back, clutching the thing to her chest. "Look, I don't know what this thing is, but whatever it is, it's driven you two apart. I don't think - I'm sorry Elizabeth, but I don't think you guys should have it."

I exhaled. I didn't even realize I'd been holding my breath.

Elizabeth looked like she'd just been slapped. "You too, huh?" She let out a morose chuckle. "Here I am finally trying to do the right thing and you just... why does no one fucking trust me? Why do I always have to do things the hard way?"

And then before I knew it Elizabeth had leapt at Slut, pouncing on her and grabbing at the device. Slut, surprised, was easily overpowered, but she refused to let go. Even as they wrestled, Elizabeth started to spin the dials.

"What are you doing?" Slut cried "Stop!"

Zzzzttttt

Slut stumbled back, the device slipping from her fingers. She clutched her head and reached out one arm for balance.

"What- what just happened? Why- why can't I think good?"

"I should have done this at the party. You don't think I should have the device? That always was one of your problems, Elles, you think too much."

"I - I don't know what's going on." panicked tears welled up in her eyes. "You- you big meany!" she stomped one foot.

"Don't worry," Elizabeth said, adjusting the dials again. "soon enough you won't remember any of this."

Terror flashed across Slut's face. She trembled for an instant, than ran, darting past Elizabeth as she made for the exit.

"Damnit!" Elizabeth yelled, swinging the device around and aiming it at the fleeing girl.

"Don't!" I grabbed her arm again, pulling her off her mark.

"Evan!"

"Leave her," I said, quietly. "Please."

Elizabeth's eyes were dark and cold and full of tears as she turned to look at me.

"How - How could you?" Tears began to flow as she started to break down. I couldn't tell if it was in rage or in grief. "I... I actually thought I was falling in love with you, you know that? I actually thought maybe I could be a good person and be worthy of someone who cares about me. We were going to be happy together, Evan. Happy! How could you do all this?"

"I'm sorry, Elizabeth, but the device, it brings out the worst in you. I love you, but... but I don't know if I can handle this any longer. I'm scared of the decisions you're making and I don't know if I can deal with it any more."

She sobbed.

"We can still have that happy future, Elizabeth," I said. "we can earn it, together. Wasn't that always the plan? Please, just... give up the device. For me?"

Forever came and went as we stared eachother down. If before I had seen a war wage behind those eyes, this was a genocide.

"Baby?" I pushed "what's it going to be?"

"I'm sorry..." her voice was soft. "I didn't want it to end this way. I just wanted to be happy with you, Evan, that's all. But that's meant so much that I hadn't expected. You care about me Evan, even when -- especially when - I don't... but you need to understand that this is who I am. I'm a bad person, Evan."

"You're not!" I clenched a fist.

"No, I am. I've done such terrible things, and sometimes I think I've given up on trying to be anything better than that."

"Baby..."

"I'm tired - so tired - of trying to become someone better. But you... you still care. I thought that if I had you it would be easy. I could be better. I just had to be thinking of that future and we'd be perfect together."

"We can be Elizabeth. We can be."

She pointed the device at me. Tears were rolling freely down her face.

"I know we can, Evan. That's why I have to fix this. I can fix all of this. I'm going to make this all right. You'll see. No matter what it takes."

Zzzzttttt

To be continued in chapter 20: Dumb blondes.