Girls' Night Out Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh the other man asked if I was Katie's mommy. Katie told him no. She was very clear her mommy was in the wagon with her daddy and sister!"

"That's my Katie!"

Jack came over and gave the tree a look. "That's good one. What do you think, girls?"

They liked it.

After the tree was tied on top of car, Jack hopped into the driver's seat. "Ok, who's ready for hot chocolate?"

Everyone answered together, "Me!"

They drove about a half hour when they entered a small little town. Jack pulled the car in and parked in front of candy store. When they entered Kylie realized this was more than a candy store, it was a chocolatier.

Suzi leaned over and whispered, "I gain 5 pounds just breathing in this place."

She was right, the smell was heavenly. There were more choices for hot chocolate she ever saw. Every one sounded good.

Katie got a cup called Unicorn hot chocolate. It was white chocolate that was pink with sprinkles on top. Meghan got Peppermint hot chocolate. Suzi picked the dark Italian hot chocolate, which was decadently rich. After debating to the end Kylie finally settled on the Salted Vanilla hot chocolate.

She took a sip after letting it cool. It was amazing. Nothing should taste so good.

"What did you get, Jack?" she asked.

"Hot chocolate with a touch of coffee," he answered.

"Really? All these choices and you pick that?" Kylie made a face at him.

He laughed. "None of that girlie sweet stuff for me."

After supper, they headed downtown. It really wasn't a downtown. It was a quaint old-fashion New England village, something out of Currier and Ives. All the storefronts and houses were lighted. It reminded Kylie of those villages people set out at Christmas. The church was open and the choir was giving a concert so their voices could be heard across the town. Hot cider, tea, and chocolate were available along with homemade donuts. Everyone was gathering for the lighting of the town Christmas tree.

It was perfect, Kylie thought. It was only missing two things. She wished Angie were with her tonight. And snow!

She looked over at her sister. Suzi was standing next to Jack, holding Meghan's hand. Jack had Katie on his shoulders. Kylie smiled. Now that was perfect. She was so happy for Suzi. A great husband, a fantastic home, and two beautiful children, Suzi deserved to be so happy. You could feel the love in her house.

Suzi waved Kylie over. "Come on, it's almost time."

As they started towards the green, it began to snow.

"Mommy, it's snowing!" you could hear the excitement in Meghan's voice.

The murmur grew in the crowd too as they noticed. People were getting excited.

The chairman of the selectmen made a few remarks, mostly to thank those responsible and then he asked, "Is everyone ready?"

A collected cry rose from the people. "Yes!"

They began the countdown and at zero, the tall tree burst into light. Kylie looked at the faces of Meghan and Katie and she saw the sight of pure joy and wonder. She almost cried.

The children were in bed and Jack was in the den watching TV when Suzi returned to the kitchen. Kylie was seated at the counter waiting for her. Suzi went the refrig and took out a bottle of wine. "Well, they're in bed. Some time for us. Didn't feel like we had any time alone." She poured two glasses. "I want to thank you so much for coming, Kylie. You have no idea what this has meant to me," Suzi said.

"Thank me! It is I who should be thanking you. Just for accepting me," Kylie replied.

"Accepting you? You are fantastic. In fact amazing," Suzi said looking straight at Kylie. "You said you hoped you could fool people, my God, you don't fool anybody. You are Kylie, 100%. No doubt about it, baby girl."

"Wow, I haven't heard anyone call me than since you used to."

Suzi laughed. "Remember our pajama parties. They were so much fun. I kind of miss them."

It was Kylie's turn to laugh. "We have them, Angie and me. One time we had one for Girls' Night Out, in Provincetown. It is sort how all this got started."

Suzi took Kylie's hands in hers. "Are you happy?"

"Yes, very much," Kylie answered. "Are you?"

"Yes, yes, I am. Very happy," Suzi replied. "Two great girls, a great home and a husband who loves me very much and I love him too. Now you came to visit for Thanksgiving. I know this may sound odd but I always felt there was something between the two of us. I was worried about you but I'm not now." She stopped then sighed. "You know since Mom died, the family has drifted apart but now I feel I got a part back. I love you, Kylie. Don't forget that, baby girl."

The girls sat silently for a few minutes when Suzi asked, "So what are your plans for the future? Any one special?"

"Yes there is," Kylie said, "Angie and I have grown a lot closer since this all began, very close. She wants me to meet her family. I want her to meet you and your family. It might raise some questions but we both want to do it. It would mean a lot to both of us if we could."

"Hey you can come whenever you want. I would love for you to come for Christmas. I know the girls would love it. And if you brought pumpkin pie..." She laughed.

"You know I really like your father-in-law and Maggie too. They seem down to earth people. I enjoyed talking him to in the mornings."

Suzi smiled. "They are. He liked it too. He told Maggie he did. After the first morning, he set his alarm clock to make sure he got up to see you. See every one thinks you are wonderful."

Kylie shook her head. "Except Tess. I hope I did the right thing with Chrissie. I could have messed things up."

"Hey, you did the right thing. Chrissie needs to be allowed to grow and Tess needs to let her." Suzi gave a half smile. "Things are not that good in that family. Sometimes I think Tess is jealous of me."

"Well, Sis, I can see why and besides you are the best person I know. I feel lucky to have you as a sister."

Suzi's eyes filled up. "Don't say any more. I may start crying."

Kylie's eyes filled too. "If you do, I'll be right there with you."

***

Sunday morning

Kylie stood by her car as it warmed. The snow had stopped and the sun was out but it was still cold. She exhaled and she could see her breath. It didn't snow much, only an inch, maybe two but it made everything shimmer in the sunlight. She walked back to the house to say good-bye.

"Got everything?" Suzi asked.

"I think so," Kylie replied. She turned to Jack and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "You take care of my sister now."

"No need to worrying about that," Jack said. "Thank you for coming. Thanks for everything. Don't stay a stranger."

Kylie kneeled down to hug Meghan. "Now you be good, Santa is coming. I will miss you." Standing Kylie asked, "Where Katie?"

"Right here," Katie said running into Kylie's leg and giving it a hug. "I almost forgot to give you this." She handed her a drawing. "It is a new one I made. I think its better."

Kylie looked it and smiled. In it was Katie, Captain, and Kylie. Kylie now had sparkly eyes, and long curly red hair. She had two circles on her chest. She was almost afraid to ask. "Katie, what are these?"

"Why, those are your boobies," Katie said seriously.

Suzi was horrified. "Katie!" she said loudly.

Kylie laughed and hugged Katie to her. Looking up at Suzi, she said, "Well, Suzi, what can I say?" She turned back to Katie. "Now you be good and help your mother and dad out. Right?"

Katie kept holding on to her. "Do you have to go?"

"Yes, Katie, I do but I'll be back. I promise."

Suzi walked Kylie to the car. "Now you drive carefully and let me know when you get home."

Kylie smiled. "You sound like mom."

"Maybe you need someone like mom to watch over," Suzi answered. "I'm missing you already." The two girls hugged. "Love you, baby girl."