Golden Penis Syndrome

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mallory rented a U-Haul van to take her belongings home with her the day after her last final. She slowly packed her things while Shannon was out taking her last final. Right as Shannon was returning, Mallory loaded the last box into the van.

"How'd the last final go?"

"OK, I guess. I had trouble concentrating, but I know I passed."

"When are you leaving?"

"Dad's picking me up tomorrow. Uh, will you stay tonight?"

"I'd love to Shan, but this rig is costing me a bundle and an extra day...well, you know," she paused before going on, "I guess this is good-bye. I'm so going to miss you. You have no idea."

"But you're excited, right?"

"About med school, yeah, but it feels like I'm leaving my heart right here."

Shannon hugged her and with her voiced choked with emotion apologized once more for not going with Mallory to New England. "I'm sorry, Mal, I just can't. I love you but, I guess I'm just a big pussy. I'll think about you every day and wonder what you're doing. Uh, can I call you? Text?"

Mallory was crying into Shannon's shoulder when she pulled away and looked up into Shannon's eyes. "Shan, please, let's not. It would be too painful. I'll need all my energy for school and..."

"I get it. I understand. It's all my fault, anyway," she said hugging Mallory again.

"No, it's not your fault, it's just what it is, that's all. God, I'm going to miss you, Shan."

Shannon pulled back and looked into Mallory's eyes before slowly breaking into a tiny grin. "Who would have thought swearing off Golden Penises would have left us like this?"

"I never could have imagined it. Two straight girls avoiding men for half a year and now look at us. We can now go out and get 'em and yet we're crying like babies.

"I'd better go, Shannon," she went on, "I wish you the best, really, I do. I hope you find that perfect job and someone good to share your life with. And if he does anything wrong," she smiled, "Let me know and I'll come kick his ass."

"I will, Mal, I will."

With one final hug and a soft 'good-bye' kiss, they slowly separated until only their fingers touched, then they parted. Mallory stumbled to the van with tears blurring her vision. Right around the block she had to stop to compose herself and dry her eyes before she could make the five-hour trip back home.

-----

The dean of Laënnec College of Medicine opened her remarks to the families and friends of the thirty new students sitting behind her on the stage of the College Chapel. The chapel was well over one hundred years old and featured tall stained-glass windows topped by smaller, clear windows which let bright shafts of sunlight shine below. In the audience were a few hundred people viewing the ceremony honoring and greeting the newly matriculating medical students.

She gave a brief history of the college and told of the French physician who invented the stethoscope and after whom the college was named, before turning her remarks to the new students. She formally greeted and invited them up, one by one, to give a brief statement about themselves and their plans. Each student spoke for no more than sixty seconds and when each finished, she helped them on with their new, white coats and presented them each a stethoscope engraved with their names.

"And lastly, alphabetically at least, I invite Mallory Worthman up front."

A slightly nervous Mallory stepped forward. She knew there was no one in the audience to see her at this ceremony but she still wanted to do well. Her mother had severe MS and couldn't travel, nor could her father who took care of her, but Mallory was hopeful they were viewing the ceremony on-line.

At the podium she spoke more confidently than she felt. "Hi. I'm Mallory Worthman from the great state of Kansas. I attended Paffington State and received a Bachelor's of Science in biology. For fun, I love outdoor activities such as hiking and kayaking. I've always considered myself a fixer and I guess that's what drew me to medicine. I am still undecided as to which field of medicine I might pursue but I am excited to be here. Thank you."

There was a round of polite applause as she received her coat and stethoscope. After the dean made a few closing remarks, she wrapped up the ceremony by inviting everyone over to the hospital conference room for refreshments. As Mallory sat there waiting for the crowd to disperse she looked up to see in one of the brilliant shafts of light a tall, thin blonde woman, who, for a second, reminded her of Shannon.

Since leaving Paffington, every time Mallory saw a tall, blonde woman, she would experience a flutter of hope followed by pangs of profound sadness. Work at the convalescent home had kept her mind mostly occupied where she was able to enjoy her work and learn a lot from the great nursing staff. She found the nicest part of work was the absence of any tall, blonde female employees and certainly there weren't any tall, blonde female residents in the home. In the community, however, the mere glimpse of such a woman would invariably trigger sad memories of Shannon.

"She's gone! I've got to get her out of my mind if I'm going to succeed here," muttered Mallory to herself as she watched the blonde stand and turn towards her, looking more and more familiar with each passing nanosecond. There on her face was a big, dimpled grin as she looked right at Mallory before mouthing 'I love you.'

Squealing with glee, Mallory jumped down from the stage, ran to Shannon where they met with hugs and tears of joy.

"You're here! I can't believe it. My every dream..." she said as she tightly hugged Shannon. "How'd you know about this ceremony?"

"Your mom told me when I called her. Ya know, she had you and me all figured out. Here, wave at the camera. Maybe they'll see us!"

Arms around each other they both turned and waved while Mallory mouthed 'Hi, Mom' towards the cameraman. Then Shannon brought Mallory into her arms again and went on, "Mal, I couldn't stand not being with you. I thought I'd move on, but I couldn't forget you. I was major miserable."

"Yeah, me too."

"I'm so, so sorry for what I did to you, to us. Please forgive me," sniffed Shannon into Mallory's ear before she pulled herself out of the hug and boldly reached down to give Mallory a warm, loving kiss in front of the camera and everyone else in the room.

"Oh, God, of course you're forgiven. Just seeing you again makes me stupid happy. I missed you so incredibly much," Mallory responded, kissing Shannon in return. "Are you visiting or...?" she asked anxiously.

"No! No! I love you. I. Love. You. And dammit, I wanna be with you. It was so awful without you that I quit my new job, told my parents about us and I'm moving here for good."

"Really? Honestly?" squealed Mallory.

"Yes! Honestly."

"I still can't believe it. Pinch me. Make me be sure you're real."

"I won't pinch you, but I'll give you another kiss." After their third loving kiss, Shannon looked at Mallory and asked, "Say, could I crash with you while I look for a new job and a place to stay?"

"No! Absolutely not. No, you can't! No way. I won't let you," laughed Mallory through her tears of joy.

"No? But..." Shannon questioned with alarm.

"No crashing. I've got a nice place and you're so totally moving in. And I'm not ever, ever letting you go again."

-----

Trionyx -- Valentine's Day 2022

Votes and comments are appreciated. Thank you.