Guided Imagery & Psychic Orgasm

Story Info
Psycholagny explained from a submissive perspective.
883 words
3.64
3.5k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
XlornX
XlornX
9 Followers

\Imagine if you will, that place between sleeping & awake; where you can feel the weight of your covers, the soft scratch or cool silk of them pressed against your skin, you can hear the waking world around the edges of your awareness but you have not yet opened your eyes. You are hesitant to let go of a dream that had felt so real, one that is still playing out in your mind and through your body. Before it begins to fade more, you try to hold tightly by preserving every palpable perception; the sensation of your lover's touch on your skin, the coarseness of their fingertips as they gently caress your cheek, their scent lingers as you breathe in, their whispered words tickle your ear and neck. The rush of excitement resonates deep inside you, reverberates between your legs and the air all but buzzes with the electricity as you anticipate the inevitable quakes of physical release.

The above is an abbreviated example of guided imagery, or "hyperimperia"; a term coined by Don E. Gibbons a psychologist whose extensive work can be pulled from one's choice of search engines. Gibbons' own description of the practice is "a focused trance modality similar in many respects to traditional hypnosis with hyper acuity or heightened sensory experience."

First, let's start with an important caveat: In order to successfully submit to a psycholagnic experience, you must learn how to fully let go. This is a repeating theme throughout any kind of D/s dynamic or BDSM practice but its importance cannot be overstated. You need to trust the person you're with, and of course, you need to trust yourself. Vulnerability may not be your strong suit... it certainly is not for me and perhaps there is another article lurking within the allusion, but for now... suffice it to say that learning to relax into a state of suggestibility is an amazing opportunity to honor the dynamic between yourself and the Dom whom you serve or Partner with whom you play.

A person giving suggestions or directing energy need not necessarily be a Dom but there does need to be a complete sense of trust, love and acceptance between partners. Without this confidence the experience is likely to be subpar at best. If you want to try to achieve the orgasm WITHOUT physical contact, stimulation or complete submission to another self, consider binaural beats and Bio kinesis.

Pleasure for One:

A few hours to spare and daydreams of desirous dalliances sound like the perfect invitation to pursue a psychic orgasm. Guided imagery allows one to create the perfect scene in one's mind and play within it to unexpected points of pleasure. Mental masturbation, or psycholagny merges the 'significant stress reduction benefits... [and ability to tap into] deeper levels of wisdom (held on a subconscious level)...." with erotic hypnosis, which has been shown, through various studies, to: "...increase confidence, reduce sexual inhibitions, overcome apprehension, enhance sensuality [and] enhance sexual role-play..."

When flying solo, the addition of guided imagery can be used to become more self-aware and exhibit self-control, not only in withholding orgasm but also in reaching it without physical touch. What a boon this could be when your lover is a phone call away! Mental masturbation with a touch of erotic suggestion can also allow one to explore limits and expand ideas that maybe aren't quite ready for introduction to a scene but which really turn you on. Take that taboo for a spin in your mind, who knows, it may become your new favorite kink!

Pleasure for Two:

In April of 2020, I found myself deep in discussion with a Dom friend about this very topic and He was gracious enough to share the following:

"However we may quantify and make sense of things, there is no denying - there does exist a bond between mind and body. Within ourselves, and potentially, a bond with the mind and body of others. When things are right, this bond can be a link to our passions just exploding forth from us."

I don't think I could have said it better! We open ourselves to experiencing a world that our Partner has created with their words; the sound of their voice carrying us higher into ecstasy and knowing the intimacy of the moment is just between and for U/us.

Guided imagery is a versatile tool for exploration and intimate adventures, but can also be used to help work through trauma or feelings of isolation. Overcoming apprehension or even working through a trigger moment from past play, this can all be done within the safety of a guided imagery session. Hearing the strong voice of your Partner, feeling their protective arms around you, shielding you as you confront whatever thing stands in the way of becoming your best submissive self.

The bonus of allowing climax at the end of a psycholagny session reaffirms how loved and appreciated we are in our service, thus adding to one's desire for devotion.

References:

[1] Griffiths, M. (2016, December 14). Hypnosis And Sexual Health

A brief look at 'trance-sexuality'. Retrieved June 3, 2020

[2] Perry, M. (2017, January 12). Hyperempiria is Mental Magic. Retrieved June 3, 2020

[3] Scott, E. (2019, September 10). Use Guided Imagery for Relaxation. Retrieved June 3, 2020

XlornX
XlornX
9 Followers