Harem Master - RPG story Ch. 003

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Elara kneeled next to Asher and the defeated creature, focusing on its body to check for anything. A black mist rose from the goblin's body, and a small box appeared from it. Elara grabbed and examined it. Made of simple wood without any decorations, it seemed solid. Opening it, she reached inside and grabbed the first item.

She recognized that it was a coin, and when she pulled it out, she noticed that it was a bronze one. It was about one inch in diameter. Elara read on the internet that there were a few types of coins: bronze, silver, gold, and diamond. Each one more valuable, and only obtainable through dungeons.

Explorers could spend them in dungeons, where they could find some sort of shops. She wasn't sure how it worked exactly, but she knew that their value came from it, so they were used as currency outside of a dungeon too, especially popular near dungeon entrances.

Elara had never seen any and brought it closer to her eyes. She noticed that on both sides of it was a face, clearly showing the Goblin. She was curious if all coins worked like this, marked with the head of the monster that dropped it.

Elara hid the coin in her pocket and stuck her hand in the chest again. This time she took out a small vial with red liquid in it. She suspected what it was, but she inspected it anyway to be sure.

---

Small health potion - Common

Heals 5 health points

---

The box in her hand vanished, turning into white smoke. The same happened to the goblin's body and the sword that it used.

"Nothing amazing," Asher commented, still kneeling by her side.

Elara shrugged. "It was a first level goblin. That's probably standard loot from it." She looked at the potion in her hand and then to her side, but decided that it could be more useful when they are in a dungeon. Maybe they would be in a situation in which they wouldn't have time to heal.

"Can you hold it for a moment?" She handed the flask to Asher. Right now, they didn't have a good way of holding items. When they start exploring dungeons, they will need to get bags. Elara was pretty sure dungeon bags could hold items even if they were bigger than the bag, but she had no idea how that worked.

Asher grabbed the vial and then lifted himself from the ground.

"I think we should return home. We can't risk stumbling into anything else." He pulled her from the ground and looked around them, concerned.

She glanced around too, making sure there wasn't anything close to them. Elara instinctively wanted to leave her daggers at their usual place but hesitated. Without a weapon, she wouldn't have a chance against the Goblin, and they still had some distance to travel back.

She turned towards Asher. "Better to take them with me. If something attacks us again, I will have a weapon."

He looked at his pike and sighed. Then threw it between trees on some of the other weapons that they held there.

"Without you, this fight would be much harder, Ash." Elara looked at him. "I got cut. Not deep, because I dodged. Without your fifteen point boost, I wouldn't be fast enough and could have been wounded much worse."

With concern still on his face, he grabbed her hand. "Let's go." Asher pulled her towards his house.

They didn't talk at all during their way back. Elara was cautious, listening for any sounds, ready if something were to attack them again, but fortunately, they got to his house without any other incidents.

"I think I'll go home. Spend some time with family. We won't see them for some time," Elara said, hugging him. When she left his arms, he wanted to say something, but frowned and looked to the side.

"Hey, what's up?" Elara asked while grabbing his hands.

"I wanted to offer to walk you to your house for safety. But..." he didn't finish. Both of them understood that he was the more vulnerable one.

Elara hugged him. "Thanks. Just for the thought. I appreciate it." She kissed him. "See you tomorrow."

---

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and rate the story. I really appreciate all the feedback and read all the comments.