Hero Worship Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JCMcNeilly
JCMcNeilly
2,435 Followers

There was a tear in Taylor's eye. "That sounds wonderful."

She picked something, I don't even remember what it was. The only thing I cared about was her pulling the blanket around us, and the feeling of her strength behind me. I definitely nodded off at some time, and a kiss on the temple brought me most of the way back.

"Time for bed, baby."

"M'kay." I lifted my arms, wrapping them around her neck as she carried me back to our bed. I let Taylor undress me before I crawled under the sheets. Being literally held in her arms had woken me up fully, and I watched as she stripped down and joined me, our skin warm against each other.

"How are you doing?"

I still felt a little blah, but the sadness was gone, or at least going away. "Good, happier. Nervous about going back tomorrow." I looked up at Taylor with my best pathetic expression. "Do I have to go back?" She didn't answer, instead just looking at me sternly.

I pouted for a second, but Taylor ended that with a little kiss.

"I'd keep you here if I could, baby, but trust me, being a college drop out, not as much fun as you'd think."

"I know, I know."

"Is there anything I can do?"

I shook my head and kissed her on the shoulder. I knew what I wanted, but I needed her to ask for it. "I just need to relax. Have I told you thank you for today?" I rolled onto her and pressed my lips to her neck.

Her fingers ran through my hair. "Yes, you did." I suckled on a sensitive spot, which made her sigh and laugh. "Are you saying you'd like to pleasure me?"

God, yes, that's exactly what I wanted. "If My Lady wishes it."

There was just a touch of amusement in her voice. "I'd love that, baby. You may proceed."

My anxiety flowed away like water down a drain. I slipped under the covers, and for the next half an hour I just lost myself in her, the softness of her skin, the way she smelled and tasted, the power of her body as she orgasmed under my tongue. When I crawled back into her arms, there were those wonderful words waiting for me.

"How did I get so lucky to find you? You are incredible, Aly, and I love you so much. My precious baby." She cuddled me as she spoke, and joyful tears slipped from my eyes as I fell asleep.

***

The nervousness didn't come back until after my classes. They went well. I was engaged, excited. I really did love to learn, after all. And my energy had returned in full that morning. Taylor and I had had a wonderful time in the shower, and I was grinning like an idiot when I pulled away, leaving her behind smiling and waving from the driveway.

Unfortunately, I felt the anxiety starting to return afterwards. I spent a few hours in the library, but I was getting hungry, so I headed back to the house, with each step getting a little harder.

I parked, taking some time to gather myself before heading inside. There was a big group of people in the common area around the TV, and Sadie was sitting just inside the entry.

"What's going on?"

"God, Aly, I'm sorry. I just tried to call you."

Before I could ask what was going on I heard Macie's voice, sounding scarily smug, but still with that underlying anger. "Hey, Winterberg, come in here for a second."

She was sitting on one of the chairs holding her tablet and stylus.

"What do you want, Macie?"

"Well, just wanted to ask you something. Did you know that all employees of North Vista are listed on the municipal website?"

"So?" I tried to sound nonchalant, but inside my heart was racing.

"So, you said that you're dating a lifeguard named Taylor. Did you know there aren't any lifeguards named Taylor listed on the site?" I looked at the TV, and sure enough, there was a list of names. I saw Jennifer's name on top, and sure enough, Ruth Knox several lines below.

"What's your point?"

"It just makes me wonder who you're actually dating." Her voice told me that she already knew, and I tried to tamp down my rising panic. "I mean, if you'd lie about that... But maybe you weren't lying. So Saturday I headed up to Tagalong beach and asked the first lifeguard I saw if they knew a 'Taylor', and they pointed right down the beach, to tower eight. Where I took this picture."

She tapped the screen with her stylus and up popped a picture of the white structure where Taylor and I had met on the day that changed my life. And standing on the edge, looking out over the water was my girlfriend. I was on the verge of tears. The picture showed her for everything she was, a proud, strong, beautiful woman, protecting and watching over the people entrusted to her so they could enjoy a carefree day at the beach.

And Macie was going to use her as an object of ridicule. She was going to try to belittle me, using this wonderful person, and trashing the relationship I had with her.

Macie continued with her sneering tone. "Who's that, Aly?"

Something inside me snapped. Not anger, or fear, or hate. It was pride. I was proud of the woman I loved, proud of what we shared together. I was beloved by an incredible partner, and my feelings for her were just as fierce. I also realized that I'd never had to hide. I'd always had a choice.

That's a funny word, choice. There are people who still think being gay or straight is a choice. No one can help whom they are attracted to, but we do have a choice. A choice to hide what we are, or to live free. A choice to be or to not be, just like Hamlet said.

The only trick with choice is that we have to be willing to live with the consequences. For Taylor, for us, I was.

"That is my girlfriend Taylor. What's your point, Macie?"

For the first time Macie's smug satisfied face slipped. Obviously that had been her point.

"That's not really the best picture of her." I pulled out my laptop and connected it wirelessly to the TV, putting up a selfie I'd taken of the two of us the day we'd spent at the beach. "This one's better." Taylor was leaning over my shoulder and smiling, her arms around me.

"I've got one, too." Sadie looked at me and I nodded, and she threw up a picture of Taylor kissing me last night at the restaurant.

"So, Ms. Investigative Journalist, here's your chance. An exclusive interview. Ask me any question you want."

Macie looked stunned. And I knew it was over. To her, being a lesbian constituted the greatest shame, and to see me acknowledge it without fear was beyond anything she'd imagined. Without another word she stalked off.

The rest of my sisters were just standing there, stunned. "Alright, if there aren't any questions, I'll make a statement. That woman on the TV is Ruth Taylor Knox. I've been dating her since August, when she rescued my little sister from drowning. Saved her life. She's an artist, and an art connoisseur. She was a Division I swimmer. She's funny and strong, and a great cook, and I am in love with her. She also happens to be incredible in bed." That drew a nervous titter from most of the women there. "So if you want to put a label on it, fine. I'm gay. A lesbian, whatever. If you want to call me a dyke or a carpet-muncher or some other, clever, middle school insult behind my back I don't care. And I'm not going to tell you nothing should change, that I'm the same person I was, because I'm not. Being with Taylor has made me stronger, braver, and more in touch with myself than ever before. And I hope all of you find someone, someday who makes you feel as wonderful as being with her does for me. And that's it." I looked around, still shaking with emotion. At least half the house, probably closer to three quarters, were there now, listening to me. Evelyn, Kirsten and Leah were standing in the doorway, each giving me some version of a thumbs up.

Sadie reached out and rubbed my shoulder, and I gave her a hug.

"I'm so proud of you, Aly."

"Thanks."

There was a slow smattering of applause, which grew until there were shouts and cheers, and I looked around gratefully. Everyone wasn't cheering, but it was enough. I knew being different was going to be hard, and things would be coming down the line that I wouldn't like. But this particular weight was gone, and I'd face the rest when it came.

***********

Thanks for reading, rating, and commenting. Only two more to go! It'll be an interesting ride to the finish. Feel free to send me feedback if you want to talk about the psychology of any of the characters, or if you want an insight into my thought processes.

JCMcNeilly
JCMcNeilly
2,435 Followers