Holiday Hammer Blow

Story Info
It'll be a fun weekend they said. Yeah right.
25.4k words
4.18
144.5k
208
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,555 Followers

I need to say a big thank you to my friend Randi, who spent hours editing and trying to convert my incoherent ramblings into something resembling a story. For her help I am extremely grateful.

*

It seemed to me, that Gary, and I had been friends forever. At least that's the way it felt. We went to school together, we went to college together. We were best mates. All his friends, me included, called him "Gazza."

He did many wonderful things for me; the most important, though, was introducing me to my wife, Kelly. He had been dating a girl, a very attractive sexy young thing named Elise, and she was a bloody hottie. That meant for the first times in our lives, we didn't see so much of each other. He was totally absorbed by her. Still, I was just being jealous. If she had been my girlfriend, I probably would've done the same. I had bigger fish to fry. I was trying to get passing grades for my Accountancy degree.

Yes, I was studying accountancy. I liked numbers; they didn't argue, there was no drama and they always made sense.

People, on the other hand, were not always so obliging. I wasn't a natural people person, maybe not introverted, but shy, retiring.

The night he informed me that Elise had organised a double date for me with them, it annoyed the shit out of me. Blind dates never ended well. If Elise's friend couldn't find her own date, she was bound to be a dog.

I put up a bit of resistance, but in the end caved. What did I have to lose, right?

I was stunned. The moment I laid eyes on Kelly, I was blown away. She was very pretty, absolutely stunning, in fact.

Kelly was super hot, hot enough to make Elise almost the dud girlfriend. Not only was she pretty, but she was intelligent, witty, easy to talk to and totally unaware of the effect her beauty had on tongue-tied idiots like me.

Kelly was studying, as well. She was working towards a degree in business management, without actually having an end goal.

She was so easy to talk to, and she was sports mad, much like me. She was informed, and understood local politics. Living in Auckland, there were always politics on the table.

We quickly became a foursome. We went most places together. We double dated, went on weekends away together, and it was bloody good fun.

Our foursome quickly grew into a sextet when Elise introduced us to another couple, Marty and Maike. She met them through her studies. Elise was an enigma. She studied history and philosophy, her goals already set. Indiana Jones, look out.

Anyway, they fit into our little clique and were soon well and truly embedded. We were young and enjoying life. The group dynamic was pretty wild at times. We all flirted and fooled around together. It was all innocent fun, but it did get a bit heated from time to time.

Marty had a thing for Elise, and he sometimes got a bit carried away. Especially when we were all dancing.

It made me laugh, actually. Jeez, Maike was hot, I mean super hot. She had the body Elise and Kelly lusted after. Yeah, me as well if I was honest. I did admit that to Gazza one day. He immediately dropped me in it by blurting it out to the whole group. Luckily for me, Kelly wasn't the jealous type. In fact, she teased me about it after that.

Our lives were closely linked. I got my degree and went to work for Gazza's father, Paul. He had his own chartered accountancy firm and took me on as a junior the moment I graduated.

Elise went to work at the Auckland museum. Kelly started working at the Manukau Times newspaper. Marty entered the world of finance. Maike went off to work as a dentist. It was only Gazza who created trouble. His father wanted him to work at the firm, but he fought that. He decided his future lay with a very well-known merchant banker.

With work taking priority, our opportunities for dating dried up a little. Life, as they say, moves on. Gazza and Elise were the first to tie the knot, quickly followed by M&M: Marty and Maike.

Kelly and I were the last to fall.

It was through this period that I fell completely in love with Kelly. My father contracted pancreatic cancer. It was a harrowing time for my family. Kelly was amazing, encouraging rather than complaining when I wanted to spend weekends with my folks. She had long since become best friends with my two sisters, Diane, and Lilly. Mum had already fallen head over heels in love with Kelly. She loved her from the first moment they met. When Dad became ill, Kelly spent more time there comforting Mum than with me.

After Dad died, Kelly made sure Mum was seldom alone; she took months just spending time with her.

Married life couldn't have been better. Work was great; Paul was an amazing bloke to work for. The office was fun and friendly, and he paid well above what I could expect to get elsewhere.

Kelly and I found a cool one-bedroom apartment on the Parnell rise. Our aim was to save as much money as possible so we could buy our own home. The others were on a similar mission. The great Kiwi dream: our own home.

As money got tight, we stopped going out and ended up having little dinner parties, all of us taking turns hosting.

It just so happened on this particular night, we were hosting. It was the weekend before Easter. Sitting around the table, dinner done, we were relaxing drinking wine, talking and gossiping.

Of course, the main topic of conversation was what we were all doing for the long Easter weekend. Elise gushed, "We are going to Wellington for the weekend. Te Papa, the National museum, has a new exhibition showing and I'm dying to see it."

The look on Gazza's face showed what he thought of that idea. When I laughed, he sniped, "Shut up, arsehole. Where are you going?"

Kelly jumped in. "I found this awesome deal at a resort up in Whangaparaoa. I got this special half-price deal. We are going to spend the whole weekend getting pampered, lying by the pool, getting massages. It's going to be awesome." The smile on her face was so bright we could have turned off the lights.

Gazza glanced at me. He knew me too well. "Hah, who's laughing now?" He chuckled.

Kelly turned and gazed at me. "What's he talking about, Babe? What's the problem?"

I didn't want to say anything; I had already accepted my fate, but Gazza, as always, had stirred the pot. With a deep sigh, I mumbled. "Come on, Honey, you know that's not my scene."

She looked crestfallen, "But it'll be amazing, we can just chill out and completely relax, be pampered."

Marty interrupted her. "Relax, Kelly, we all know what he's like. I bet you'd rather go with Maike on her frigging mountain biking expedition, wouldn't you?"

I nodded, with a thin smile. "Actually, I would."

Maike smiled understandingly. She and I were both mad mountain bikers, and I would love the opportunity to just go off for the weekend. Problem being, I had already promised Kelly she could choose this holiday. When I offered to let her choose, I hoped she would choose somewhere we could both enjoy the weekend.

Gazza asked, "What are you going to be doing, Marty?"

He surveyed us uncomfortably. "I'm going with Maike. I'll just hang around the camp while she's off trailblazing."

We talked a little more and Gazza continued to grumble about going to Wellington. "Dave, you're bloody lucky mate. I would love that holiday, just lazing around, Jesus, Bro, that would be fucking awesome. I would love it."

Elise groaned. "Philistine, why don't you just go with them then?"

Marty jumped in. "Jeez, Gazza, don't be an idiot, I would kill for the opportunity to see that damn exhibition. It's going to be brilliant."

Maike gave me a little smile. I nodded, and tried to make a joke of it. "Yeah, you can all stick that where the sun don't shine. I would love to be off with Maike, blasting some trails. Especially where she's going in the Coromandel."

The conversation went back and forth before Elise stood up. "Whoa, hang on a minute. It seems like half the people in this room are getting a holiday they are less than happy with. What say we swap partners for the weekend?"

Marty gasped. "What did you just say?"

"Well, I am saying that we take a leaf out of that TV program we have all watched, 'WIFE SWAP.' I'm suggesting that Gazza goes with Kelly, Marty, you come with me and Maike and Dave go cycling or whatever you call it."

"No way!" Kelly snorted. "I planned to spend a romantic weekend with my husband."

Marty burst out. "Hold on, let's all take a breath. No need too be hasty. Let's think about this like adults. Kelly, what sort of weekend are you going to have if all the while Dave is sulking around. You know he doesn't want to go."

Elise said. "Yes, come on, Babes. Think about it. I know Gazza's going to be grumpy all weekend. If Marty goes with me, we will have a great weekend. We will both enjoy it and it'll make the whole thing better."

Gazza added his two cents worth. "Count me in. Jeez, I would give anything to not have to go on that god damned museum trip. Shit, I'll pay, anything to get out of it." He gave Elise a sad glance. "Sorry, Babe, but you know how much I hate those damn trips."

Elise nodded. "Oh don't worry, I know all right. You made it abundantly clear on our last trip."

I decided to throw my opinion in. "You're all being ridiculous. Elise, If you know Gazza doesn't want to go with you, just go by yourself."

Marty interjected. "Slow down, Bro, I want to go, she's already booked the tickets. I mean I'll happily pay."

"Dave, mate. I'll pay, if that's what you're worried about." Gazza blurted out.

"And where the hell do you think you'd bloody sleep?" I asked.

Kelly sighed. "It's not happening. I have been planning this for ages. I want a romantic weekend away. Babysitting Gazza doesn't interest me. I may as well take one of my girlfriends from work."

"Hey, just because I'm a bloke doesn't mean I won't enjoy it. Jeez, I can't think of anything more relaxing than massages, soaking in a hot tub, lying around absorbing some rays. No, it sounds perfect."

Kelly sniggered. "Yeah, and what about the yoga?"

He nodded. "Yeah, that's probably stretching it, but they probably have Tai Chi or something I could do."

Elise waved her hands to stop the incessant chatter. "I think this is an awesome idea. We are all adults, we can go on separate holidays. We are all friends, we can be adults for once."

Marty turned to Maike. "What do you say, Babe?"

She shrugged with a casual wave of her hands. "I'm not fussed. If Dave came with me, it would mean not feeling guilty while I am out on the trails."

Elise glanced expectantly at me. "Well, Dave, what do you think?"

The idea of getting out of the horrible trip to the resort blurred my judgement, I was actually contemplating it. That is, until I saw Kelly's face. "No, sorry guys, you do what you want. Kelly and I have our plans all worked out. Maybe you two can swap? Gazza can go with Maike."

That stopped the chatter. Elise sighed. Gazza snorted. "Like fuck! I'm not going bloody mountain biking, you can forget that."

Marty groaned irritably. Maike, who picked up on his mood swing, said. "Marty if you don't want to come with me, just organise your own trip to Te Papa."

Elise gushed. "Maike, you're joking. Wellington's sold out. Unless you have somewhere private to stay, Marty, you are shit out of luck."

She glanced towards Gazza to test his commitment. "Marty, you could still come with me. Gazza can sort out his own weekend."

Gazza sniggered. "Yeah, don't worry about me. Jeez, I'd rather sit at home and watch TV than go on that flaming trip."

Elise tried to guilt Kelly. "I'm disappointed, Kelly. If you took Gazza, we would all have the perfect holiday. Dave doesn't want to go with you. He's only going because he doesn't want to let you down."

Kelly turned hesitantly to me. "Is that true?"

I tried to hide my disdain. "Kelly, I told you I didn't want to go when you brought all those brochures home. I said right from the outset it wasn't my idea of a fun weekend, but it's paid for, so we will do it."

She shook her head. "I didn't think you were serious. I thought you were teasing."

"No, Honey, I told you. You were just so happy and wrapped up in it I decided to go along."

She bit her lip. "I'm sorry, would you really prefer to go mountain biking?"

I nodded. "You know the answer to that."

She slapped her hands on her knees. "Okay then, that's settled. Looks like Gazza and I are going to the resort."

Gazza jumped up and punched the air. "Oh, hell yeah. Now that's what I'm talking about."

Looking at Kelly quizzically I asked. "Can you get a room change?"

"I'll try, shouldn't be a problem. I can let you know tomorrow, Gazza."

"Yeah, okay, I'll happily pay the extra or whatever. I'll pay for Dave's share as well, hell, I'll pay for the whole damn thing. I don't care. That would only be fair."

That night as we cuddled up in bed Kelly whispered. "I'm sorry, if I knew you were that against it, I would never have booked it. Why didn't you say something?"

I kissed her forehead lightly. "I didn't want to let you down. I could see how into it you were."

She kissed me back, her succulent full juicy lips slid over my face as she rolled onto her back, pulling me with her.

The next night we all got back together for a pot luck dinner at Elise and Gazza's place. Kelly had been able to get a twin share room. It was all on. The table erupted in conversation. Everybody talking at once. It was all good fun, and I thought to myself, "This could be a good thing."

Maike and I sat together planning the trails we would ride. The Coromandel is full of old logging roads and tracks. It's mountain biking heaven. Maike had already booked a tent site at Hot Water beach, so that was done.

Later, the girls all gathered together to talk about their trips. Us boys just watched in amazement. Yeah it might be a good thing. Watching the girls deep in hushed conversation did give me a little worry: the furtive glances, the sly giggles.

Everybody was set. We had a final meeting Thursday night for drinks and to iron out details. The girls seemed in a far more animated conversation. The furtive glances were replaced with some slightly nervous glares. Kelly, especially, caught my eye and blushed. They were up to something.

In bed, I tried to get it out of Kelly, but for once in her life she was keeping a secret. First time for everything, I suppose. All she would say is. "It's a surprise. Don't worry, I think you're going to like it."

Kelly and I had a great sex life. She was probably the more adventurous, and that night she was on fire. We made love three times. Not a record for us, but definitely up there. We slept with smiles on our tired faces.

In the morning, I loaded my car and strapped the mountain bike on the rack. We waited for Gazza to turn up and pick up Kelly. "Now you remember to be good," I whispered between goodbye kisses.

"Me! I think it's you who I should be worried about. You are always going on about how cute Maike is."

Just then, Gazza arrived. We kissed one final time before she climbed in. I poked my head in the passenger window and growled. "You make sure you look after Kelly, and no hanky-panky."

Gazza laughed snidely. "No worries, Bro. All under control."

I picked up Maike and we were on our way. Maike and I had always got on great. We shared similar interests and she was a bit of a tomboy. For some reason, the conversation was a bit one sided. She appeared to have something on her mind.

The traffic was thick and it took well over three hours to get to our destination. Thankfully, the conversation picked up. Maike loosened up and it flowed a long way better.

We set up camp, cooked a late dinner and had some drinks with the other holiday makers. It shocked me how much Maike had to drink. Normally, she is not a drinker; however, she was well into it. By the time we were ready to crash, she was sozzled. We used my tent because it was bigger than hers. The only problem was the blow up mattress, I brought a double.

At least we had separate sleeping bags, so there was some semblance of separation.

It was a weird weekend in many ways. While we were out on the trails it was great. Maike, was an accomplished rider, and I didn't have to wait for her many times. In a couple of sections, she actually beat me.

It was around the camp that things were weird. She seemed to have this need to be close to me all the time. On the second night, after another night of drinks, she asked if I wanted a massage. It was weird, and I got the feeling there was something she wanted to say, but couldn't. Still, we managed to get past it and it was a thoroughly wonderful weekend.

The drive back to Auckland was weird as well. Again I got this feeling she wanted to say something, but either couldn't, or wouldn't. The tension in the air was thick, and it didn't matter what I said. I couldn't drag her into conversation. She leaned against the car door, chewing on her bottom lip. We were both exhausted when we arrived back in Auckland. I dropped her off well after dark. The traffic had been horrendous and it took us nearly four hours to get home. I was looking forward to a bath and an early night.

I hoped Kelly would be feeling horny; this was the longest we had been apart in our entire relationship.

When I walked in at home, Kelly looked flustered. There was an almost empty wine bottle on the kitchen counter. When I walked in and tossed my bag on the floor she rushed over, a hesitant nervous smile pulling at her face. "How was your weekend?" she croaked as her arms circled my neck, her lips crushing mine, in a searing powerful kiss.

The kiss was frenetic and passionate. Her tongue crazily slithered around my mouth. As we separated, I spluttered, "Wow, if this is the way I get greeted after being away for a few days, I think I'll do it more regularly."

She gave me a funny anxious look, and asked with a hint of nervousness hesitancy, "How was Maike?"

Confused by her demeanour, I replied. "She was great fun. Her riding has really improved. Man, she even beat me on a couple of the sections."

I pulled her back into my embrace and was about to kiss her when she asked with an urgent, agitated uncomfortable stammer, "But, what about at the campground, you know at night?"

Surprised by her question, I tried to brush aside my anxiety. "She was a bit weird, actually. She was like a cat on a hot tin roof for the whole weekend. It was like there was something she wanted to say, but couldn't."

"What about the tent?" she asked, almost desperately.

I thought, "This has to be jealousy. She must think something happened. "Ah, relax Kelly, it was okay. We only had one airbed, but Honey, it's okay. We had separate sleeping bags. I promise, nothing untoward happened. There's nothing for you too worry about."

Her face went white, the colour drained instantly. I had to grab her to stop her falling. "Are you all right, Honey?"

She spluttered breathlessly. "Yes, sorry. I think I need to sit down. So, you're saying nothing happened? There's nothing you want to tell me?"

"Honey, relax. You know me better than that. I would never cheat on you. I promise.

I escorted her over to the sofa and she eased herself down. "How was your weekend? I hope Gazza looked after you properly."

She didn't respond, her pallid face empty and emotionless. "Did you hear me, Honey? How was your weekend?"

She gasped, startled, and tried to catch herself. "Um, yeah. It was all right."

"Did Gazza behave? I hope he looked after you properly?"

"Yes," she croaked hoarsely, her words barely audible.

She looked completely lost. I need a soak so I asked, "If you're going to be okay. I might have a bath; god, my legs still feel like jelly."

She just nodded.

Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,555 Followers