Honey Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hanna weakly agreed and started mentally making excuses to get out of it when the time came. She suspected Brandon wasn't going to call again, that he was too busy now or he needed more space. His assistant came to any meetings regarding the campaign, and Hanna put in extra hours to make sure everything came out perfect. He wasn't even in town when the print ads were ready, he'd been called back to Seattle, according to his receptionist.

Bridget sounded more disappointed than Hanna felt. 'You'd think he'd least want to come and see the final product,' she said lamentably.

'It's not really his job, Bridget. He has a marketing department.'

'You don't even seem happy we landed the account. You were on everyone's case to get it for so long.'

Hanna shrugged. 'I'm pleased it worked out.' She wasn't going to bother convincing Bridget this was true.

Two days later, Hanna walked into her office to see another bunch of red roses on her desk. Bridget snuck up behind her, the schoolgirl grin back on her face.

'I think they're a thank you gift,' she said. 'Sure beats a muffin basket.'

Hanna wanted to be alone when she read the card. 'Can you get me a latte?'

'No problem.'

Hanna braced herself once Bridget was gone, completely unsure of what the card was going to say as she picked it up.

You've done an amazing job on the campaign. Thank you for everything. B.

It sounded hollow. Hanna wanted a huge declaration of his admiration, but this was all she was going to get. She almost refused to pick her desk phone up when it rang with an outside call.

'Hanna Miller, Kensington Advertising.'

'Hello, Hanna. Did you get my gift?'

Her knees went weak and she had to sit down. 'Yes, Brandon. I did. Thank you, they're lovely.'

'I was hoping you'd be free to meet me tonight.'

'Will we be alone, or have you ordered company?'

'We'll be alone.'

'Is she alright?'

'Everything's alright now. She's fine. And we're keeping our distance from one another. It's for the best.'

Hanna was feeling a mix of disappointment and relief. She also knew it was pointless to ask for more about Cassidy. 'I'm glad to hear that.'

'Shall I see you at eight?'

'Eight's fine. Where should we meet?'

'The lobby of my apartment building, if it suits.'

A tingling sensation went through her fingers and toes. She'd go with no expectations, and not dress provocatively. She would act as though they were good friends. She'd wait and see what would happen, and not be disappointed if she left with nothing.

'I'll see you then,' she said plainly.

'I missed your voice.'

Hanna turned her chair around to face the window. 'I'm in my office. I can't exactly get away with a lot in here.'

'Until later, then.'

She bit her nail and smiled as she put her phone down, picking a rose petal and idly rubbing it with her fingertips while she tried to curb her desires and get on with her work.

END

12