Hot and Fuzzy Pt. 00 - Prelude

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why on earth not if you don't mind me asking? After all this is a job that comes with a raise, a cottage, a cost-of-living reduction because you're outside London. What's not to like?" the Inspector suggested, but I was interrupted before I could speak again.

"Exactly, it's not like this lands in your lap every day," the Sergeant chimed in.

"Well, exactly," the Inspector remarked, both of them grinning at me, expectantly.

"Erm, no. Sorry, I'm not accepting this, I want to take it further?" I replied, my head still rotating from all the spin they were putting on the move.

"Are you saying you want to speak to the Chief Inspector about this?" the Inspector enquired, his face horrified at what I was saying.

"Yes," I confirmed as they both looked at each other, stunned.

"You want me to bring the Chief Inspector all the way down here?" the inspector repeated but in a slightly more disbelieving way.

"I do," I continued, their faces remaining dumbfounded.

"Very well, CHARLOTTE!" yelled the Inspector only to have a tiny, silver-haired lady walk in who, in her day, must have been a striking beauty as you could still see the remnants of that beauty on her features even now. We all stood as soon as she entered, and she waved us away with a smile as if we were silly as she came in and took the seat opposite me.

"Now, let me explain, Michael. You might feel like us sending you to Forston in Somerset is some kind of punishment...because it is," the Chief Inspector began.

"I see...wait, what?"

"You see we at the Met may not be the most corrupt force in the country..." the Chief Inspector continued.

"Service," I mumbled, almost inaudibly.

"But that's what people think. Now having an exceptional officer like yourself with ten special commendations and zero complaints should make things easier...but it doesn't. Instead everyone's always "why can't the rest of your officers be like Michael Angelo?" Urgh! It's so annoying," the Chief Inspector whinged.

"So I'm being sent away because I'm too good?" I asked.

"You see! I told you he'd get it!" the Chief Inspector cheered in. "No-one in the Met thinks being you is achievable, whereas the next person down with two commendations and three complaints is achievable".

I couldn't believe it. I was being ditched because my awesomeness was not realistic for the mediocre and the crooked.

"Well there's one thing you've not counted on," I countered as I got to my feet. "And that's what the team will think of this..."

I headed out to the office and could see a goodbye sign and nearly two dozen smiling faces greeting my removal. I was going to Forston, Somerset, and there was nothing I could do about it. Mel would no doubt tear me a new one.

End of Part 0

(Next part every 2 weeks)

12