All Comments on 'I Just Wanna Go Away and Get Laid'

by Andrew1968

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19693 months ago

the 750 word challenge was too short for that much story. The characters actions and motivations are stuck somewhere in the range of an open marriage, stag/vixen, cuckolding and/or adultery.

Lifestyle66Lifestyle663 months ago

Okay, good story.

But she comes across as just a bimbo with a bobble-head husband.

The challenge with 750-word stories is to present the whole story, which leaves little room for character building and more feeling. Maybe this just has too many words spent him her giddy emotions, and not enough with the husband and boss. And the extra weeks at the end seemed unnecessary at the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What caused this need to go away and for the husband not to say "no"? Still an interesting story if it was to be 10 days how did it become 6 weeks?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow. Six weeks.

mikeylistensmikeylistens3 months ago

hmm, great little plot, maybe a sneak preview....

Hblack00Hblack003 months ago

Left too much unsaid

Andrew1968Andrew19683 months agoAuthor

To Lifestyle, and other curious readers: why does 10 days turn into 6 weeks?

I’m happy for people to “fill in the blanks” and reach their own conclusions regarding the reasons for the extension of the time away. I suppose some readers expect to be informed of the reasons, but I’m content to encourage readers to let their mind wander. The story is a short one, but I think the 750 words sets up enough action/information to let people “fill in the blanks.”

There are a couple of scenarios which occur to me, and which other readers can adopt if they want to.

First, Lisa and David are having a fantastic time together, so David ignores his business, his job and extends his time away with Lisa again and again and again. Maybe Lisa doesn’t want the vacation with David to end and she uses sex to keep him there with her on David’s yacht. Maybe neither of them want the time to end so soon because the sex is so good. Maybe Michael’s wife wants to conceive David’s child and she uses her “feminine wiles” to make it happen.

Second, maybe the vacation away with David does end after 10 days and Lisa decides to stay in the Caribbean for a few more weeks. Maybe she haunts bars, maybe she gets picked up, or maybe she casually dates, or finds a short-term boyfriend.

I'm comfortable with what is written here. Others can now mentally add to it if they want.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous