I Love The Way You Do That.

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

During the next year my 'friends with benefits' grew. Friends of Shannon, Bethany, Molly, and Helen all heard of my abilities and asked to 'sample the wares'. I didn't turn down any of them. Every woman, no matter what shape, size, or color was an enjoyable adventure. I learned to please all of them. Each of them had their own things they liked and what pushed them over the edge.

Katherine had, at first, started calling me a slut. I didn't disagree. I liked women and I liked pleasing them. Every one of them, at one point or another, said that phrase that started it all, "I love the way you do that."

As Katherine got used to seeing me, or hearing about me, with one woman or another, she saw me at Smitty's and actually asked me out. "You know we were good together. Why not, for old times sake?" She asked.

I couldn't go there. I told her that, "It wouldn't be the same. When we were together, everything I did for you, and to you, was done in love. Now we would just be using each other."

"I understand." She said sorrowfully and walked back to her table.

The day finally came when I got the NAPA franchise. The owner was good to his word. He thanked me for the years of service as he worked out a more than generous buy-out for me. I did have to take out a loan, but the business was good and growing so I wasn't concerned about paying the large sum back.

When I took the deal initially it was for financial stability and security in Katherine and I's old age. Now it would just be my old age.

I called Katherine up that night and asked her out to dinner. She accepted, so I made a reservation at the best restaurant in town. I called and told her that a car would pick her up and that she should dress appropriately.

When she walked into the restaurant, she looked radiant. She had gone all out. She was dressed in a long black dress that showed just the right amount of skin. The black color really highlighted her red hair and green eyes. I had no doubt why I had married her so many years ago. I just wished that I would have been enough for her.

When she approached the table, I stood up. "You look terrific, Katherine." I said.

"Thank you, you look quite handsome also in that tux. What's the occasion?" She asked.

"I'm celebrating, and I wanted you to be the first one I told."

"Now I'm curious." She said.

"Let's sit and eat, we can discuss it while we enjoy the food and the atmosphere." I said, keeping her in suspense.

We made small talk after we ordered and also as the meal started. As we started to get into the main course our conversation too got more substantive.

Finally, she said, "Okay, I can't take it anymore. What is it, what are you celebrating?"

I smiled. I wondered when she was going to crack.

"Katherine, after we got married, I was working as a mechanic, 'turning wrenches' as we call it. You seemed satisfied, even happy with that. I, however, felt a little stuck in my job. Also, as you know, Kevin and Kaitlin were starting to get active in sports. My job really didn't allow me to take time off to be a part of that."

"Yeah, I know, we discussed that." She said.

"Yes, we did, and I thought that when I told you of the NAPA job, and its flexible schedule, you would be happy with the change."

"And I blew up." She said.

"I also told you that it would be good for us in the long run."

"Yeah, I remember." She recalled.

She looked down at her hands, and went silent.

"Well, I was working for my family. Our kids, their activities, and also you. It was all to make our life better."

She looked up at me, sorrow shone on her face. "And I destroyed it." She said.

"I didn't invite you here to rehash the bad memories. As I said, I brought you here to celebrate."

She looked up at me, hopeful. I wasn't sure what was going through her mind.

"Well, today I just signed paperwork to purchase the NAPA franchise with the 4 existing stores." I was beaming. She was looking at me with a dazed and confused look on her face. She couldn't believe what I was saying and didn't understand what it meant.

I looked at her and said, "I know it will be more hard work, but I now have a legacy, something that will financially support me for the rest of my life." I, again, was smiling. "The reason I wanted to tell you first is because this will be something that should ensure that our kids will have a great inheritance when I die. They can either continue the franchise, or sell it and take the cash. Our grandchildren, once they come, will benefit from this business. I can't tell you how satisfied that makes me feel."

I looked at her again, she was melancholy. I asked, "What's wrong?"

She started to cry. "I listened to Carl when he told me that you were a loser, with no ambition, no drive, no goals. He said you would die, never having done anything with your life." She was really sobbing now. "I destroyed everything because I lost my faith in my husband. I believed what he said and I lost all respect for you. Then it was easy to say yes to him when he wanted to show me how much better he was than you. Oh Kurt, I am so sorry for the way I thought about you and the way I treated you. You were a great husband, until I destroyed that. You were a great father, luckily, I didn't destroy that. Finally, you were the best lover, I've been told that, over and over, and I threw it all away.

I'm sorry Kurt, I hope you believe me. I have regretted everything I have done to you that has caused us to be where we are today."

She got up from her chair crying and headed for the bathroom. One of the servers noticed and followed her into the bathroom. Women, just can't go to the bathroom alone.

I had meant for tonight to be a celebration, our children and grandchildren would have a wealth stream available to them. I guess I didn't really consider that the news would have this effect on her. I felt for her, she was in real pain, yet I couldn't comfort her. I couldn't open that door, it would cause too much pain if I did.

Life has a way of making us realize the consequences of our actions. Sometimes those realizations cause us tremendous pain.

I got our server's attention and asked her for the check. I knew Katherine, she would be in no mood to continue our night together.

When she returned, she approached the table and before she could say anything, I stood and said, "I've already settled the bill. I can drive you home."

"Thank you, I'm sorry I destroyed your celebration, ... just like I destroyed us."

She quietly cried the whole way home. I so wanted to hold her, but it might send the wrong message, a message I couldn't take a chance on.

As I brought her to her apartment door, she opened it and looked up at me with a look that said, "Would you like to come in?"

I said, "I'm sorry Katherine, we can't go back there."

She nodded, turned, and closed the door behind her.

The next couple years were busy with business, life, and a slew of women. They say, word of mouth, is the best advertising and the women sure did know how to use their mouths, both inside and outside of the bedroom.

There wasn't a week that went by that I didn't have at least 2 different women that I had adventures with. Of course, I always practiced safe sex. I didn't want to end up with something or pass something to any of the women.

Katherine and I talked, occasionally. Of late we had been talking about Kevin's engagement. He had only been dating her about 8 months, but knew she was the one. She had come in to his shop to get her car repaired and he was smitten, her name was Amber Williams. They were going to have an engagement party to introduce everyone they knew.

Kevin had been hesitant to get involved with anyone until his business was successful. While his business wasn't as far along as he would have liked, he knew she was the one.

The afternoon of the engagement party I had arrived early to help Kevin get everything ready. I had rented a meeting room at the local Sheraton Hotel and we bought a couple of those 6 foot subs from Subway, with all the fixings. As we were finishing setting up, Katherine came in. She still looked good to me, after all, we had been together for over 25 years. She came over to where I was standing by the punchbowl.

"We never had an engagement party, Kurt."

"No, but everyone we knew, knew both of us."

"Do you remember when you asked me to marry you?" She asked.

"Of course, I may be getting old, but I can't forget my wedding, nor my vows." I said. Sometimes I just wanted to hurt her. She had hurt me so much.

She looked at me and said defiantly, "I said I was sorry. Can't we move past this? It's been 3 years."

"Yes, I'm sorry, this is Kevin and Amber's day. I'm sure we can be cordial through out it." I said.

"That would be nice. Maybe we could be cordial from now on?" She said in that tone of condescending demand that she had used so much when we were married. She was so confusing to me. Sometimes she acted like she truly was remorseful for what she had done, then, other times, her old short tempered, abusive self would come out.

Family and friends of Kevin and Amber started showing up so we did need to be cordial. Kevin and Amber were welcoming everyone as they came in and introducing everyone as they came in and introducing them to others at the party.

About 45 minutes into the party I was talking to Kevin and Kaitlin when I heard Amber's voice above the din. "Mom." I turned to look and saw the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, dressed in a beautiful floral sundress. She was about 5' 8" tall with a nice figure, yellow blonde hair just like her daughter's, deep blue eyes that I could see from across the room, and a smile that made my heart swell.

"Dad ... Dad ... Dad!" Kevin said. "That's Amber's mother, but although she is divorced, she's not for you."

I looked at him, puzzled.

"Dad, she is very religious. That is why she had Amber go to the Christian college here in town. It was her Alma Mater. Dad, Amber's father cheated on her and she abhors men with your ... uh ... lifestyle."

"Kevin," I said, "before your mother stepped out on me, I was a one-woman man. I would love to have a one-man woman to trust and give my heart to."

"Well, I don't know if she is the one. I don't think she will even give you the chance, but I'll introduce you."

"That would be great, son" I said and he led me over to where Amber and her mother were standing.

"Mrs. Williams, I'd like to introduce you to my Dad, Kurt."

"Kevin, you're engaged, can't you call me Mom?"

About that time Katherine walked up. "He can, as long as he doesn't forget who his real mother is."

Kevin turned and said, "Mom, this is Amber's mother, Elisse."

They hugged and started talking as I walked away. It was just like Katherine to cut in just as I was going to start talking with a beautiful woman.

I thought better of sticking around, I might say something to Katherine that would give Elisse a bad impression of me. I wanted our first conversation to be a positive one.

I mingled with the other friends and family. A lot of the men were ribbing me about all my female acquaintances. Some of the women seemed a little distant, yet others were quite friendly. As I was talking to one particular divorcee, Katherine walked up and said to her, "You'd better watch out with him, you never know what you might catch."

I was pissed, so I looked at the woman, Cherise, and said, "Don't mind her, she's just bitter that I won't give her a mercy screw."

"Kurt, you're an ass." Katherine said.

"You're the one that keeps butting into my conversations. Why can't we just be civil and keep our distance?" I said. Then I turned to Cherise and said, "Can we go for a little walk and talk where we can have some privacy?"

I wasn't interested in pursuing anything tonight with Cherise, but I wanted to get away from Katherine and also piss her off at the same time. I still wanted to talk to Elisse, but I wanted to do it when Katherine couldn't interfere. Cherise and I talked for a little while and parted with a promise to talk again.

About 2 hours into the party, I had a chance to introduce myself to Elisse.

"So, you're the infamous Kurt." She said with a little disdain in her voice.

"I don't know what you've heard, but yes I'm Kevin's father, Kurt."

"Kevin seems like a great young man I hope he doesn't hurt my Amber."

I assure you he is a great young man. He knows what he wants and works hard for it." I proudly said, "He will continue to build his business to be successful and will care for, and love, Amber in the same way."

"Well, I hope he can stay faithful." She said, not afraid of saying what she was thinking, or who she may offend.

"I assure you he is loyal. You have nothing to worry about." I pronounced.

"I hope so, for Amber's sake." Then she said. "I hope you know this is going to be a church wedding."

"Yes, that will be great, promises given in front of God and all their family and friends." I said. "Look, I think we need to clear the air, obviously you've been told things about me that may, or may not, be true. I'd like to give you a chance to ask any questions you may have. I promise you will get the truth. I hope you will allow me to defend myself and maybe ask some questions of you."

"I don't know, ... I've heard so much." She said.

"Look, we are going to be in-laws. We should be able to at least talk to each other." I implored.

"I guess so." She said, resignedly.

"I think this may take a little time, and this is probably not the place to do this. Can we sit down after the party, maybe grab dinner?"

"There it is, the smooth operator, trying to work your charms, get my guard down, get me alone" She accused.

"Alright, you choose the time and place, and I will work my schedule around whatever you pick." I said.

"Well, I live about an hour away, so if you're truly interested in clearing the air, you can make the effort! Tomorrow is Sunday, and I go to church in the morning. How about you pick me up after church and we'll go to the Cracker Barrel."

She gave me the name and address of her church and the time that the service would be over. I told her I'd meet her there.

For the rest of the party we made subtle eye contact. I think I was an enigma to her. I was, in her eyes, someone to avoid, but I had presented myself as someone that was an open book.

Later, as the party was breaking up, Katherine came up to me and said, "Amber is nice, but I'm concerned about how fast they're moving. Did you know they were planning on getting married within the year? They will have met and gotten married within 18 months. How well could they know each other in that time?"

"Katherine, Kevin is a smart kid. He knows what he wants and goes for it. Meeting, and getting married so soon may present some problems, but look at us, we knew each other for years before we got married, and we still ended up divorced. What determines whether they stay together is commitment. I believe they both have that they are very committed to each other."

She looked at me with a look of regret on her face. She knew she gave up on her commitment to our marriage.

I felt good as I walked away. Yeah, even years later, it still hurt, and I needed her to remember that.

Sunday morning, I woke up early, shaved, showered and got dressed in a nice suit and left to drive the hour to Elisse's church. I arrived about a half an hour before the service and found a pew about a third of the way from the back of the church. I was sitting there looking around. The sanctuary looked so different than I was used to. I had grown up going to the Catholic Church and that sanctuary had all the old style look you would expect; stained glass windows, an altar, candles, bells, sacrament table, crucifix and thurible. I saw none of that here, in fact, there wasn't even a pulpit for the minister to preach from, there was only a raised platform in the front of the church with an empty cross on the wall behind it.

To say I felt a little out of place was an understatement. I was determined to see this through though.

As people started coming into the sanctuary, they were talking to each other and carrying on with typical catch up conversations. They were carrying coffee cups from Starbucks or one of the other coffeehouses in the area. Also, they were dressed in jeans and golf shirts or casual blouses. I was feeling way overdressed. Most of the people came up to me and welcomed me. They didn't make any mention of my suit, nor did they make me feel out of place.

I kept looking around for Elisse, wondering if she had either fed me wrong information (I couldn't believe this) or was sick and wouldn't be here today. Then there was some activity up front and the minister announced that the praise band would start the worship service. That's when I saw her, she was singing with the praise band. During the 3rd song she noticed me sitting there. I can't believe she didn't notice me earlier. I'm sure I stuck out in my suit, while everyone else was dressed in nice casual clothes. She smiled at me as she sang. Man, she had a great voice.

When she was done, she came and sat by me. I appreciated that as I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do, and when.

"I didn't expect you to come to the service." She said.

"I feel a little out of place, I guess I overdressed for the occasion."

"It's fine, but if you'd feel more comfortable you can take your suitcoat off."

I followed her suggestion and laid it next to me in the pew.

"Thank you for sitting next to me." I said.

"You're my guest, of course I would sit with you."

"Well, thank you anyways." I said.

The service was completely different than I was used to. It was nice though, more laid back. After the service, Elisse introduced me to the minister, and a whole lot of other people, saying, "This is Amber's future father-in-law."

At the Cracker Barrel we started out with light conversation. Then, as we were finishing our meal, she started getting serious. "So, Kurt, I've been told that you are a womanizer, and quite frankly, sleep around lot. What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Well, first, what is your definition of a womanizer?" I asked.

"A guy that chases after women, trying to get into their pants, and once he's gotten what he wants, he leaves them." She explained.

"Well, if that is your definition, then I'd have to say that I am definitely not a womanizer."

"So, what I've been told is a lie?" She accused.

"Let me tell you about myself and how I came to be who I am, at this point in my life."

"Okay, spill it, I'm listening." She said.

"I was married to Katherine, you met her yesterday. We were married for over 20 years and together for over 25. Some time, in the last year of that marriage, she started cheating on me with her boss. When I learned of it, I followed her and she went to a motel with him. She had been treating me badly for a number of months prior to that. When I confronted her with what I knew, she flew off the handle and tried to kill me by setting fire to my garage while I was in it.

I filed for divorce, along with a restraining order. After the divorce was final, I started dating. This next information may be too much for you, but I need to explain myself. Women talk, and I guess Katherine had said things about my abilities in the bedroom. Some of these women wanted to find out if it was true. I didn't chase after them, I merely said yes when they approached me. Those women told other women and, for the last 2 years or so, I have never said no to any single woman that asked me out. I enjoyed their company and if I could please them in some way, then I did.

Please don't think less of me, I just saw no reason to disappoint any woman, no matter what size, shape, or color they were. Every woman is special in their own way, and I made them feel that way. If you feel that is wrong, then I'm sorry."