I Love The Way You Do That.

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked at me with a little bit of suspicion in her eyes, then asked, "So where do I fit in?"

"Elisse, you are a beautiful woman, you know that. From what I've been told you were hurt just like me. I chose to enjoy companionship and I've heard you have shut out all men because of what your husband did. I would like to see if maybe there is a woman in there that could see her way to getting to know me, and possibly dating me. Whether you think it or not, I am a one-woman man. I would like to find that one woman that is a one-man woman, someone that I can share the rest of my life with, exclusively.

"What about your ex-wife? Didn't she want to get back together with you, forgive and forget?"

"You know as well as I do that while there may be forgiveness, which to be honest I have not, there is no forget. You can't just forget what they did to you. You lose trust in them. You'd always be wondering where they're at, and with whom. That is no way to have a relationship. No trust, no relationship." I pronounced.

"I get that," She said, "my ex wanted me to just look past it and go on, stay married just like before. I couldn't do it, not for him, not for me. My self-esteem took a big hit, I wasn't willing to let any man hurt me that way again, and I'm still not!"

"We're a lot alike in that respect." I said. "Except, while I continued to spend time with the opposite sex, I would never let them get close to me, not in any real sense, not where it mattered."

She looked at me and nodded slightly. Then she said, repeating what she had said before, "So where do I fit in?"

"Well, obviously we both have trust issues. I guess I'd like to go out with you and get to know each other, see if there is anything there that we could build a future on." I said.

"What about all the other women?" She asked.

"If, after we've gone out for a while, we both feel that it has potential, then I would be happy to become exclusive with you." I said.

"Let me be upfront and honest with you right from the start." She said, "I will not have sex with anyone until I'm married. If we go out you have to understand that."

I chuckled. "Elisse, I dated Katherine in high school and after, until we got married. We were both still virgins when we got married. Of course, we fooled around a lot, we were horny teenagers after all, but she stated to me early on in our relationship that she would be a virgin on her wedding night and we stuck to that. So, you stating that does not bother or worry me. I will wait for you."

I think that put her at ease, because she said, "Kurt, I appreciate your honesty, and to tell you the truth, I think I like you. Let's see where this takes us."

So, four months went by with us dating at least twice a week. Sometimes she would drive to me and the rest I would drive to her. During those four months I did still go out with the other women, but the appeal was waning. Cherise, the woman from the engagement party, really tried working on me after we had gone out a few times. She wanted more than I was willing to give. She did say, like all the rest, "I love the way you do that."

I heard it in her voice, she was comparing me to others, before it fed my ego, now it was starting to bother me.

When Elisse said to me one night, over dinner at her place, that she was ready to make a commitment to me, I was beaming with joy.

"That makes me the happiest man on earth." I said. "I am committing myself to you only, from now on. To be honest, these last 4 months have been meaningless when I'm not with you. I know this may scare you, but I love you." Most people would probably balk at me for saying this so early in our relationship, but between the dates, numerous long talks on the phone, and my recent experiences with women, one thing I'd learned, women want to hear what you're thinking.

She hesitated and said, "I think I'm falling for you too. Please be patient with me."

I was being patient, both emotionally and physically. Our relationship had not advance past light petting. I'm talking caressing her breast over her clothes. She was worth it though, and it gave us time to really get to know each other.

One day, when I was in an exceptionally good mood, I got a call from Katherine.

"Hello Kurt." She said.

"Well hello, Katherine, how are you today, and what can I do for you?"

"Wow, you're in a good mood."

"Why yes, I am. Now what do you need?" I said in an upbeat tone.

"Can we sit down over dinner some time soon? I've got something I'd like to discuss with you." She asked.

"Sure, how does tonight work for you?"

"That would be great. I can make your favorite, Roast Beef with veggies, can you come by around 7:00?"

"Wouldn't you rather go out to eat?" I asked, no reason for her to have to spend all that time making dinner.

"No, I'd like some privacy, so I think this would be best." She said.

I hesitated and then said, "Okay, I'll see you then. Can I bring anything?"

"Sure, maybe some wine, something that goes with the Roast Beef."

"Uh ... Okay, I'll pick something up. I'll see you tonight."

I hung up, wondering what she wanted. We had talked a number of times, but it was mostly just information type talks. I was curious, yet hesitant to find out what it was.

In the interest of full disclosure, I called Elisse and told her. She said, "Probably something to do with the wedding, it is next month you know."

"She must want something big to be trying to soften me up with Roast Beef." I said.

"Call me tonight, afterwards, and let me know what she wanted." She said.

"I will."

Seven o'clock found me standing in front of Katherine's door. I had butterflies in my stomach. I was so apprehensive about what she wanted to talk to me about.

She invited me in and we small talked through much of the meal. Then she hit me with the real reason she invited me over.

"Kurt, Kevin's wedding has gotten me thinking."

"About what?" I asked.

"About our wedding ... about us." She said softly.

"There is no us, Katherine." I said.

She acted like I hadn't said that and said, "Do you remember when we were dating? How we would fool around, and even though we didn't have sex, we sure did enjoy ourselves."

"Yes, I remember that. We were young and horny." I said.

"We were good back then, weren't we?"

"Yes, we were." I said truthfully.

"What happened to us, Kurt?" She asked.

"Life, I guess." I told her.

"I was speaking to Shannon at work about you."

"Oh?" I said.

"Yes, I know she has a steady boyfriend now, but when she talks about you, she smiles and says you were just what she needed at the time. Then, I was talking to Bethany and she said that you were no longer 'making your rounds' is the way she put it. I have to think that maybe you're tired of the 'playing around' lifestyle."

"Okay ..." I said. Obviously neither Kevin nor Amber had told Katherine that I have been dating her mother. I smiled thinking, "I appreciate their confidentiality." Katherine took that smile to mean that I agreed with her.

"So, what do you say we give it another try, you know we were good together." Then she said softly, "until I screwed it up."

"Katherine, we were good together. The operative word in that sentence is were. In the last few months I have learned that I need to forgive you." As I said that a huge smile appeared on her face. I continued, "I do forgive you, but I can never forget what you did. You need to move on."

She looked at me tearfully. "Oh Kurt, I am so sorry for what I did to you, to us, I really am. I know we can get past it. Let's give it another try."

She just wasn't going to give up that easily. I almost hated to do it, but I needed to let her know that it would never happen, I love someone else.

"Katherine, you said that Bethany told you that I was no longer 'making my rounds' and that is true. Also, you said that you think I'm tired of 'playing around', and that is also true, but what you both don't know is why.

Katherine, I'm in love with someone else. I no longer 'play around' because I'm committed to someone. I am again a one-woman man."

She just looked at me. I couldn't tell what she was thinking. Then she asked, "Who is it?"

"Elisse, Amber's mom."

Her shoulders slumped. I think she knew there was no way she was going to win me back, not even with all our history. She knew that I was deep down a one-woman man and that she was no longer that woman.

We finished the rest of the meal in silence. When I was done, I said, "Katherine, thank you for this meal, and the memories. I know that this night didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, but I know you will find someone. When you do, love him with all of you, and commit yourself to him only."

I just couldn't be mad at her anymore. I had forgiven her, mostly because Elisse had been working on me to do so. She, likewise, had forgiven her ex. We had come to the realization that we needed to forgive them because their actions ultimately brought us together.

As I drove away from Katherine's apartment, I called Elisse.

"So, what was it?" She asked.

"She wanted us to get back together."

"I thought that may have been it, she knows what she has lost."

"Yes, and I know what I have found, and I'm a better man for it. Elisse, I love you and you have made me a better person because of it." I declared.

"I love you too, Kurt McCarthy." She said.

That was the first time she had said it out loud. I knew already, she expressed her love in so many ways, but it was nice to finally hear it.

Epilogue

Kevin and Amber got married, and Elisse and I spent the whole time smiling, holding hands, and dancing. A couple people even jokingly said that we looked like the wedding couple.

Of course, Katherine was there, but she didn't stay long. I guess maybe seeing us so much in love was too much for her.

Three months later we were the wedding couple. Just a small private affair held at "our" church. All of our friends and family were there, except for Katherine. She said she had a schedule conflict. I think she just couldn't stand the thought that I had truly moved on.

It took her a few years, but she found someone too. I hope they last.

Oh, one more thing. On our wedding night Elisse said that magical phrase, "I love the way you do that." However, the difference was that the emphasis was on the word love.