I Need a New Plaything Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mel slid over in her seat to get closer to Todd as they drove home. She grabbed his arm near his shoulder. "I can't wait for our trip," she purred nestling into his shoulder. "Maybe we can get a head-start on the vacation festivities tonight?" she said as she let her hand travel to the front of Todd's slacks. Mel had never been this horny in her life. Her need for relief was more than just an urge, it was a full-blast, four alarm fire to be fucked and fucked soon. In fact, her trip to the wild side this evening had unleashed all her inhibitions. She let go of his shoulder and began to fuss with his zipper. She was going to get his cock out and blow him for all he was worth on the way home.

Todd, however, was perturbed. Mel's end of the table had been loud all night showing, in his opinion, a lack of decorum. In addition, Mel was clearly drunk and although she had done nothing to embarrass him or herself she should have known better he thought, especially at a business function where my boss and the entire Board of Directors were present. He was also, if we was being honest with himself, a little jealous. It was evident to every man at the event that they were not Juan's equal on any female-rated scale of 1 - 10. The fact that Mel reinforced this insecurity just minutes after getting in the car by being worked up after sitting next to Juan all night just pissed him off more.

"Where's this coming from?" Todd said unable to hide his irritation. "Did sitting next to Juan get you all hot and bothered?"

"Don't be like that baby," Mel cooed as she continued to rub his crotch and struggle with his zipper. "Remember years ago when you came back from my brother's bachelor party at the strip club and you crawled into bed all horny? I said you stunk and to get away from me. I told you I'm not having sex with you after you spent the night drooling at all those naked skanky women. And you said...," Mel started with a mischievous somewhat drunken grin, "babe it doesn't matter where I get my appetite, as long as I come home for dinner." Mel giggled at her story and the stupid deep voice she used to imitate Todd, but Todd just inwardly fumed some more. Mel had just admitted that it was indeed Juan that had her all worked up.

Todd roughly moved her hand off her lap. "Stop. I need to concentrate. I've had a few drinks myself and I don't want to get pulled over," he said tersely.

No! No! No! No! Mel screamed in her head. Please don't ignore me tonight she wailed inside her head. But she knew from so many past arguments, there was nothing she could say that was going to change the situation.

"I promise I'll make it up to you in San Diego. Rain check?" Todd added not wanting to get into a big fight right before vacation. "Besides, I've been up since 5:30 this morning. It's late and I need to go to bed when we get home. Also, I know it's Sunday tomorrow, but I need to go in to the office to catch-up before we leave Monday. Preparing for this retreat has set me back a bit."

And there it was. Another one-way fight. This is how it is going to be. Take it or leave it. And with that, Mel stopped fussing with his zipper, let go of his arm and turned back in her seat and faced forward. "Sure honey. That sounds fine."

"What will you do tomorrow?" Todd eventually asked finding discomfort in the tense silence.

Mel considered his question for a long time. She played it over in her mind several times. She thought about it as if it was the one of the most important questions ever posed to her as indeed was the case. Whatever she decided to "do tomorrow" would change her life forever.

"Oh I don't know," Mel finally replied. "Maybe I'll have a 'pamper-Mel day.' I need to go shopping and pick up a few things. After that, who knows. I'll see where the afternoon takes me."

Neither spoke again for the rest of the ride home. Both were deep in thought about their plans for Sunday.

_______________________________________________________

***26 years later***

"Good morning," the receptionist said. "Can I get you two to sign in?"

"Of course. I'm Karen Able-Stevens and this is my brother Zach Able. We're here to visit our mother Melinda Able. She's in the memory care unit. Are you new here?"

"Yes. This is just my 3rd day." The receptionist glanced down at the registry. "You're all set. I'm assuming you know it's on the 3rd floor and you have the code."

"Yes. We got it. Thanks," Karen replied.

Karen and Zach rode the elevator to the 3rd floor, punched in the code to the unit and looked around. Mel was not in the common area, so they walked back to her room where they found her sitting watching TV.

"Hi Mom," they both said.

"Hi," Mel replied.

"How you feeling?" Zach asked as he muted the TV and sat down.

"Mmm so, so"

"Are you sick?"

"No."

"Today's Daddy's birthday," Karen offered wanting to distract Mel from her aches and pains. "We wanted to visit and help you celebrate."

"Who?"

"Dad," Karen repeated.

"My Dad?"

"No," Zach chuckled. "Our Dad. Your husband. You know the guy in this picture," he said as he pointed to a photo on the TV stand. "Do you remember when we took it during that vacation to San Diego? It was the last family vacation we had before marriages and grandkids. This is Dad," Zach said as he pointed back to the picture.

Mel's expression was blank.

Zach, however, was determined to break through the fog. "The guy here at the end is Dad, your husband. Remember? You were married for 42 years. He died 10 years ago. He was your husband." Zach glanced over at Karen and kind of shrugged his shoulders as if to say, so much for the sweet celebration of Dad's birthday.

"Which one?" Mel suddenly asked.

"What did you say Mom?" a startled Karen asked.

"Which one?" Mel repeated.

Karen's eyes showed some amusement. This was certainly an interesting twist. "How many husbands did you have? Did you have more than one?"

"Yes."

"Who were they?" Karen playfully probed.

"I don't remember?"

Zach had now perked up. "Well isn't this an interesting conversation," he said out loud to Karen. "Mom, how many husbands did you have?"

"Two."

"Do you remember their names?" Zach continued.

"No."

"Is this one of them?" Zach asked pointing back to the picture.

"I don't remember."

Mel's inability to recognize Todd unnerved Zach somewhat. "Good grief," Zach said. "Let's change the subject...."

"That was weird," Karen said as they left. "She is further along than I thought. She didn't even recognize Dad."

"Yeah. And what was that shit about two husbands?" Zach asked. "Did she date anyone when she was living with you after Dad died?"

"Not that I know of," Karen answered. "She lived in the guest room, helped with kids, stayed active in the church. No boyfriends that I'm aware of."

"I wonder if she was referring to that old high school boyfriend that Dad didn't like. What was his name?"

"Are you talking about Pete?" Karen asked. "If so, that was a long time ago. Seems like she would have forgotten about Pete long before she forgot Dad."

"Yeah, you're probably right," Zach agreed.

"You don't suppose she had an affair while we were growing up do you?" Karen asked.

"Mom? Are you fucking kidding me," Zach said grinning. "PTO Mom? Carpool Mom? Home each day after school Mom? Soccer Mom? Is that the Mom you're talking about? Hell no she didn't have an affair. I just don't see it. She is the last person on the planet that would have an affair. She's just confused. She probably watched a romance movie with some love triangle and got the idea from that."

"Yeah. I'm sure you're right," Karen agreed out loud, although she wasn't sure and the thought continued to nag at her as they said goodbye and agreed to visit Mel again in a few days.

Driving home alone, Karen remembered a conversation she had with Mel shortly after Mel moved in with her, not too long after Todd had died.

"Mom can I ask you something?

"Sure honey, what's on your mind."

"Who was that tall Hispanic man at Dad's funeral? The one you spent a good bit of time talking to?" Karen asked.

"I also remember him from Dad's CEO promotion party and retirement party."

"That was Juan Garza. For years he was on your Dad's Board of Directors."

"You seemed to know him pretty well."

"Yes. He is a dear friend," Mel responded with a far away look in her eyes. "I got to know him over the years. He was sort of my co-conspirator at all the work events your Dad dragged me to. He and I would hang out together at the fund raisers or what-nots while your Dad made the rounds working the crowd. We both hated going to those things and so we sort-of gravitated to each other."

"Is he married?"

"He is now. He wasn't when I first met him. He lives out of town and would fly in for meetings. I don't think I ever met his wife."

Karen thought for a moment. "Is that the guy Dad teased you about in San Diego? He said you were sitting next to a handsome Board Member at some dinner and got drunk and flirted all night. He laughed and said you had a crush on him. Come to think of it I don't remember you ever denying it. Is that he guy?" Karen teased. "Did you have a crush on him? If so I can see why he's hot."

"Stop Karen. You're embracing me," Mel replied smiling. "But, yes that's the guy. And yes I was a little drunk that night, but no I didn't flirt with him," Mel said conveniently not answering the part of her daughter's question concerning the crush. "I mostly just sat there," Mel said honestly allowing herself to go back to that evening and relieve the forbidden thrill. "In fact, I don't think I talked much at all," she continued. "However, Mr. Garza, as I recall, wouldn't stop talking and if you must know, the one who was flirting with him was Mrs. Holder."

"Rose?" Karen laughed. "I bet she loved the attention. What ever happened to Rose......."

Karen snapped back into the present. She wasn't sure why she thought of the conversation from so many years ago, but it made her smile at the memory. It also made her wonder if there was more to the relationship with the handsome Mr. Garza. In the end she concluded that Zach was undoubtedly right. It probably was just a movie plot Mel remembered. There is no way goodie too-shoes Mom had an affair, even with someone as smoking hot as Mr. Garza, Karen concluded.

__________________________________________________

Epilogue

Todd died relatively young and unexpectedly at 69 from a heart attack just one year into his retirement. Towards the end of his career his singular focus to become a CEO was obtained. Given his work ethic and dedication, his achievement surprised no one. He thrived in the new role although he found that the new title brought even more work demands and stress. Prior to his death if you had asked him if all the hard work and hours away from his wife and kids were worth it, he would have assuredly responded yes, pointing to his financial security, career accomplishments and all the wonderful retirement plans he had in store for him and Mel as proof.

Mel was at his side when he passed. Their delayed future together was never realized. Mel's grief and loss was severe. Truth be told she never fully recovered. All the experiences they had postponed and all the missed opportunities to be together haunted her. She moved in with her daughter Karen to help with the kids and soon thereafter was diagnosed with a form of early-stage dementia.

In the end, Todd was fortunate. He never had to succumb to his anger and burn the bitch, or choke down his considerable pride and reconcile at all costs because, like so many other husbands, Todd never found out.

___________________________________________________________

Author's note: What ultimately happened Sunday afternoon and thereafter is up to the readers' or Literotica authors' imagination. I welcome both comments and continuations.