I'll Always Catch You Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Help is on the way," I said.

"Why was tonight supposed to be good time?" I asked.

"I'm pregnant. I wanted him to know. I thought he'd be happy. Oh damn it, Jim, he's married!"

"Whoa! Who's married?"

"Ryan is the father. I didn't know he was married until he told me tonight. He wants me to abort the baby. That's why he kept punching me in my tummy. Oh, God, I hurt so bad!"

"Help should be here anytime now."

I knew now why that creep gave off such bad mojo. He not only cheated on his wife, but he knocked up Lisa in the process. In a way, it was a good thing that Bruce was out of town with Becky. Cop or no cop, I think Ryan would have had to pay a steep price for what he did to Lisa.

The medics came and took Lisa to the hospital. I tried to settle myself down yet sleep never found me. Around eleven, my phone rang. It was the hospital. Lisa had just come out of emergency surgery, and was in step down awaiting a room in recovery. Apparently Ryan punched her so hard in the gut that he split her spleen. Lisa was bleeding out internally. I grabbed my pants, and I headed to the hospital.

* * * * *

By the time I arrived at University Hospital, Lisa was in her room, and looked a lot better than when she was at my apartment. I sat beside her and held her hand. She rolled her head over to look at me while half a smile tried to form on her lips.

"I'm like a bad penny, aren't I?"

"Naw, not in the least."

I called Becky. I filled her in with what details I knew, and she passed them along to Bruce. They'll be back here by late this afternoon.

Lisa put her hand on her tummy. "What about..."

"The doctor I talked to said you're about six weeks in. They heard a steady and strong fetal heartbeat. The baby is fine. Why don't you lay back and rest. I'll stay here for a while."

"I've been late before, so I didn't think much of it. I gained a bit of weight, and thought it was too much pasta. Last weekend I took a test and it came back positive. The only guy I had been with was Ryan."

"It will all work out fine."

And I stayed until she fell asleep.

Chapter Forty-One

There was a bar downtown that more of a gentlemen's club than bar. It's the place to go when you fly into Cleveland when you're out of town. I haven't been in it for years, but that evening, I thought what the hell. I'd have a bite to eat and a drink to settle my nerves.

When I walked in, the place hasn't changed a bit since I was in last. The dark mahogany woodwork, the red velour on the chair backs, and the ornate chandeliers that hung from a copper ceiling were just as I remembered.

Even at this time of the night, there were plenty of customers. What you won't find here are couples with their kids, or guys wearing flip-flops. For one thing, it's expensive to eat at, and the drinks are twice as expensive, too. The clientele are generally at the top of the food chain. My brothers would feel right at home at Walker's pub.

I ordered a light meal and a Manhattan. No sooner that my order was taken when my cell when off. It was Becky.

"This world sucks," Becky began, "Bruce is super pissed off. As soon as he gets back to the police station he's going to file paper work against that asshole. According to Bruce, Ryan is in some deep shit."

I took a sip of my drink. "Why does this shit always land on my front door?" I asked.

"'Cause you care about the people you love."

"I certainly don't love Lisa."

"In a way you do. And you know what? Lisa knew it too. That's why she went to your place for help. Does Hannah know?"

"Not yet. She's in California right now, and should be home late Saturday. There's nothing she can do, so why make her worry? I'll fill her in when she's home."

There was a weird silence that fell over the phone. For a second, I thought the connected was lost. Then out of the blue Becky began to speak.

"I wasn't going to say anything, but it's eating me up inside."

"What is?"

"Bruce asked me to marry him, and I told him no."

"What!"

"Damn it, Jim, I'm so in love with him."

"Then why did you turn him down?"

"'Cause he's a cop! Every time he goes to work I worry myself sick. What if one day he goes to work and doesn't come home?"

"People die all the time, cop or no cop. It's life."

"Do you think there maybe a place for him at the pencil factory?"

"Bruce knows nothing about coding software. Besides, a desk job would kill him, only slower. He's cop. That's want he wants to be."

"What should I do?"

"For once in your life, listen to my advice. When Bruce asks again, and I know he will, you tell him yes."

I think she knew what she wanted to do, but wanted my permission to take the plunge.

"Bruce will end up with one damn good woman."

And with that Becky and I said goodbye.

* * * * *

That bite of food sure hit the spot. I ordered another drink. The waitresses were all young and attractive. That's why the place is busy even at this time of night. There were a few, let's call them ladies, sitting at the bar sipping watered down drinks looking for a score. I sat there enjoying the sights, when a waitress came over to me.

"Jim? Jim Beck? Is that you?"

"Yeah, that's me." I couldn't tell who she was in the dim light of Walker's pub, but she sure knew me. All the waitress's wore the same outfit. A white blouse, black mini skirt, and black hose and matching black heels. This girl had a pageboy hair cut.

"Jim, don't you remember me?"

I didn't want to stare, but I did anyway. Then it dawned on me who she was. "Lori Platt. You cut your hair didn't you?"

"Yeah, a year or so ago. You remembered. Do you like it?"

"It's different. How have you been?" I asked.

"Busy."

"Same here. Obviously waiting on tables and laying whisky down," I said.

"Yeah, in a way. I'm registered nurse now, and I'm back in school so I can get into the ICUs. This gig is paying for my schooling."

"I remember you were still in school then. Why not get a job that pays more?"

"Oh, Jim, I make a lot of money here. When the RNC was here a few years back, I was pulling in a grand a night on the weekends. There are a few drawbacks. One is my feet hurt at the end of the night, and I'm tired of getting hit on none stop."

That's when it all came flooding back. I dated Lori for a while many, many years ago. Like all my other girlfriends, we never seem to get it pass a couple of dates. I had sex with her once. Thinking back, Lori was the only other woman in my life that I had sex with more than once besides Becky. Hannah doesn't count.

"I remember now, you were in school working on your RN. Where are you working at?"

"Cleveland Clinic. I'd like to be a ICU nurse, and that requires more schooling."

"Why not go all the way and become a doctor?"

"Oh, that takes years more school and a whale of a lot of money."

"Doctor Lori Platt rolls right off the tongue doesn't it?" I asked.

She looked around and quickly slid in beside me. "You seeing anyone special or have you tied the knot?"

"There's someone special in my life," I said. I looked at her left hand and I didn't see a ring. "You're still single?"

"It's hard to date, work, and go to school but I do have an love interest. He's an resident at the hospital."

I could tell Lori was about to get up, so I quickly opened my wallet and pulled out two fifty-dollar bills and a couple of hundreds too boot. I folded them in two and pressed the bills into her palm.

It took a few seconds for Lori to realize what I put in her hand. She slowly opened her hand and her eyes damn near exploded. "Jim, I can't take this. Why?"

"Consider it a donation to your schooling."

Lori leaned over and placed a kiss on my cheek and said, "I wish things would have been different."

I knew what she meant. Between me trying to get my software company off the ground and her schooling, we didn't have enough time for each other.

And with that, Lori stood, and before I lost her in the busyness of the bar, I called, "Doctor Platt!"

Lori stopped in her tracks, and came back to me. This time she placed a kiss on my lips. She rested her forehead on mine and said, "Why can't we ever rewind time?"

Lori squeezed my fingertips and turned away.

I sat and finished my drink while I thought about Hannah and me. I thought about Becky and my relationship and even those few dates with Lisa.

And you know what? Life goes on no matter what you did or didn't do.

Chapter Forty-Two

Hannah called from the airport. Apparently thunderstorms in the Midwest had put the kibosh to her flight back home. She was stuck at O'Hare, and would get the first flight back to Cleveland as soon as the weather broke.

I told her about Lisa, and she informed me that she wanted to visit her in the hospital.

About an hour later, Hannah called and told me she'd be back at Hopkins around seven. I told her I'd pick her up and we'd go to see how Lisa was doing.

* * * * *

As soon as I saw Hannah coming down the walkway, I ran to her. I picked her right off her feet and kissed her. She felt so damn good to be back into my arms.

We talked about what happened to Lisa on the way to the hospital. Hannah informed me that the JPL was going forward with her design. I asked if she wanted to celebrate, and Hannah told me she'd take a rain check, it was late and the flight drained her.

* * * * *

Hannah didn't want me to be in the room with Lisa while they talked. I think Hannah wanted Lisa to hear her stories of being abused. So I sat in the waiting room for half an hour. When Hannah walked down the corridor, I could tell she was emotionally drained.

I had hoped we'd end up fucking that night, but the way she held her body after seeing Lisa, told me otherwise. On the way back to her apartment, Hannah was quite.

Hannah walked into her apartment first. I had two suitcases I had to carry, so I dropped them by the door. Hannah went over to the sliding doors and pushed them open.

I stood next to her and we watched some sailboats on the lake. "She'll be okay," Hannah said.

"I know she will. She's a tough girl. She's a fighter. Just like you."

Hannah turned and walked back inside while I stood and watched the boats. I wasn't paying any mind to time when I heard my name. I turned and there by the sofa was Hannah.

"Jesus!"

All Hannah had on were a pair of white stilettos, pink socks, and a pink pushup bra along with a smile. Oh, and I instantly noticed that the small triangle of brown hair between her legs was gone. She was a smooth as a sheet of glass.

Hannah came over to me and began to un-button my shirt. I stopped her hands and said, "Didn't you say you were too tired tonight?"

"I am."

I let go of her fingers and Hannah continued to un-dress me. She took her time. I guess it was a good ten minutes before she had my socks off. Of course seeing her like she was, I sported a nice boner. It's been almost a week since I gave her a show, and I knew I was fully loaded with come. I figured that was what she wanted so I put my hand on the dick.

"You want to watch me come don't you?"

"Not now."

You could have pushed me over with a fingertip. I certainly didn't expect that. Nor did I expect her to take me by the hand as she led me back to the bedroom. Hannah asked me to lie down and she curled up next to me.

For the next several hours, we kissed each other. Our hands roamed over each other's body. Hannah whispered how much she loved me.

Never in my adult life had I ever had a woman treat me like Hannah did that night. We didn't make love, she didn't encourage me to masturbate for her—and I didn't.

Hannah wiggled her arm around me as we lay on the bed together and said, "Ah, Jim, don't' we make for a good couple?"

I looked at the ceiling after Hannah fell asleep. She still had her shoes on along with her pushup bra. I reached down and managed to get her legs close enough for me to slip her shoes off. I got her bra off and tossed it over an end table light.

And I decided right then and there, nobody would ever hold Hannah in their arms but me.

Chapter Forty-Three

Hannah took Lisa's beating hard. She spent a lot of time with Lisa at the hospital. I gave Lisa a couple of weeks off, but she insisted she wanted to come back to work. So four days later, Lisa was answering the phones and greeting clients.

Life and routines we all have quickly went back to normal. I was busy with clients and keeping projects going. Becky was certainly bringing in new business, so much so that I hired three more programmers.

I was back at my desk running numbers on a spreadsheet when Becky walked over. She had a manila envelop in her hands.

"Got something for you," Becky said as she handed me an envelope.

"What's in it?"

"I forgot all about these. Open it up and see you goof."

I flipped the flap open and blew a puff of breath inside. I reached in and pulled out what I thought was some photos of a project we were working on.

"Holly, fuck!" I said.

Inside that envelope were the photographs Becky took on the boat. Let me tell you, she took a lot, too.

I pulled out several and spread them across my desk. I instantly gathered together the ones of Hannah and me. There was one of her, minus her bathing suit top, that I really liked. She was smiling, and I love to see my Hannah smile.

"These are very good. How in the hell did you get them printed?"

"Photo paper and one of our color laser printers, stupid."

I came across the one with Hannah's hand on my dick. "That's embarrassing."

Becky's fingertip pushed some photos back and forth and pulled out one of her naked with her hand on Bruce's hard dick."

"I took one like this of everyone on board."

There was one photo that I thought was quite good. It was that group shot of all eight of us, naked as jailbirds, sitting on the stern. Becky had us pose in such a way that the men's dicks were not seen as the girl's legs were in the way. That way, there wasn't any beaver shots either. Lots of tits, but nothing more.

"Did you let anyone else see these yet?"

"Sure, of course I did. I had to edit the ones with Ryan in them so Lisa wouldn't have to look at that prick."

I picked the one of Hannah back up and said, "It's hard to believe that's the same woman I found at the top of the cliff. She has grown so much since then."

And I can't believe how much I love her.

Chapter Forty-Five

The weather had turned stormy, a thunderstorm was over the lake, so on that particular Saturday night, we decided to spend it at Hannah's apartment and watch Svengoolie on TV. After the movie, Hannah was going to model some high heels for me, and I was certainly looking forward to that.

We were all snuggled up and were about halfway through the show, when we heard someone pound on the door.

"Police! Open the door!"

We looked at each other. Why in the world would the Cleveland PD be pounding on Hannah's door?

Hannah yelled, "I'll be right there." She scrambled to button her shirt when the door rattled once more.

"Open this door!"

The voice oozed anger. It didn't sound like a cop on the other side of the door. I yelled, "Hannah, don't open—"

It was too late. Seconds after she turned the doorknob, the door swung open so hard I thought it came off its hinges. Who ever it was, slammed the door closed.

"Bitch!"

The stranger then backhanded Hannah, and she fell backwards onto the floor. I looked at this guy. He was huge, a mountain of a man. I had seen his face before. Hannah staggered to get on her feet.

"Moose?" Hannah asked.

"That's right. Bet you thought you'd never see me again didn't you?"

"Get out! Get out right now!" Hannah screamed at him as she pointed toward the door.

Hannah's eyes gave her away when she glanced at her cell phone on the coffee table. She tried to reach it, but Moose beat her to it. He snapped the phone in half.

I stepped up. "You need to leave!"

"Who in the fuck are you little man? Have you been fuckin' my woman?"

Moose grabbed Hannah by her hair.

"Is he?" Moose bellowed.

Moose pushed her down onto her knees. He yanked her hair and her head tilted back. Before I could move, he spat on her face. "You slut bitch! What did I tell you if I ever caught you with another man?"

It was as though my feet had been nailed to the floor. I simply wasn't able to move. I've never seen first hand another person spit in a woman's face. I guess I was too scared by Moose to move. He had to be twice my size, and I'll admit I'm no fighter, yet somehow, seconds later, I managed to get me legs to move, and at last I got between her and Moose. "Get the fuck out!"

What I got instead was a fist to my gut. I crashed over the coffee table destroying it in the process. He knocked the wind out of me and I struggled for a breath. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as Moose lifted Hannah off the floor by her arm. She screamed. Hannah wiggled like a worm on a fishhook. Then she broke loose.

"Run! Run, Hannah!"

Moose was a whale of lot faster than he looked. He caught Hannah by her ankle before she made it to the door and dragged her across the floor. That's when he ripped her shirt off. Buttons ricochet across the floor like shrapnel from an exploding bomb. With one hand, he tore her bra her body. I watched as he ripped her bra in half with his bare hands. "You flat-chested whore!"

Hannah attempted to scream, but Moose covered her mouth. She wiggled like a fish out of water as he pushed her against the wall. Seconds later, he ripped her underwear off and threw her on the floor. He spat on her once more.

Hanna curled into ball. Moose pointed at her and said, "I told you, you were nothing and you're still nothing!" He wiped his mouth with the back of arm. I was still trying to get my lungs to work. Time seemed to stop for what seemed like an eternity, as I struggled to get some air as Moose continued talking.

"That's the way you should be. Naked and afraid. You know what's going to happen to you next?"

Hannah didn't say a word. That's when Moose yanked her to her feet by her hair, and slammed her body against the wall. He pulled the top of his orange jump suit down. I knew what was going to happen—he was going to rape her in front of me.

So I staggered to my feet and attacked him from the rear. I got in two punches on his kidneys and he felt those. He dropped Hannah and turned his wrath toward me.

"Get out! Run, Hannah!"

I'm not stupid. I knew I could never take him on one-to-one so I began to throw things at him. Moose was quite agile, and easily dodged all my projectiles.

I didn't think Hannah had it in her, but she managed to slam a kitchen chair over his back. He felt that one, too, and for a second or two he wobbled, yet before I could react, he regained his footing, then reached out and picked Hannah up by her throat.

I ran at him a full speed and we crashed into the wall. The next thing I knew, he had me down on the floor and ripped my underwear off.

"You little dick bastard! You fuckin'my woman? I'm gonna' yank your cock off and stuff it down your throat!"

He had his hand on my crotch and the pain was unreal. I thought for a second he was going to do exactly what he said and rip my dick from my body. I yelled and kicked as I struggled to break free.

Hannah picked up another chair and slammed it across his back.

"You fuckin' bitch!" Moose said through clinched teeth. I scrambled away as best as I could. The pain was to the point I couldn't stand, and I, too, curled into a ball on the floor.

He threw Hannah against the refrigerator with so much force her body dented the door. Hannah attempted to stand. She had her hand on the edge of the kitchen table, and that's when Moose kicked her in the arm. I heard a bone snap, and Hannah screamed. He tossed her around the apartment like she was a washrag. The look on his face, I swear he was enjoying what he was doing to Hannah.

1...345678