Ill Met By Moonlight

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He shook my hand, then left the room.

Sarah entered the room immediately after him. "I guess this is where we say goodbye?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Not exactly. Since I'm not your patient anymore, how about you give me your number?" I replied.

Sarah smiled. "I can do that." She replied, then left the room.

Dad chuckled behind me.

"What?" I asked in an annoyed voice.

"Nothing. Good job." Dad replied in an approving voice.

Before I had the chance to say something, Sarah returned with a piece of paper in her hand. She handed it to me, then surprised me a peck on the lips. "We'll talk to you later, I expect a call from you." Sarah told me, then winked. She then left the room.

"Damn son, I didn't know you were that good with the ladies." Dad told me, then clapped his hands.

I rolled my eyes. "You'd better get out so I can get dressed, unless you want to see my dong." I told him.

He nodded, then stood up and left the room.

Once he was out I had a chance to have reflection and peace. I maneuvered my legs over the side, and stood up. I expected my leg to still be in pain because logic said it should. But over the past day I had stood up and walked around multiple times and I was always dumbfounded that there was no pain. There was no logic to my recovery process, but yet here I was almost fully recovered from things that should have hospitalized me for months.

I walked over to my fresh clothes that my parents had brought for me to wear when I got out of the hospital. I removed my gown and put my clothes on. When I turned around, Sarah was standing behind me. "Uhh, how long have you been standing there?" I asked.

"Long enough to see a show. I was going to tell you that your dad went to go sit down in the reception area." Sarah replied, then giggled.

"Well I think I get something in return." I replied.

Sarah laughed. "Pfft! You think you get something? I've been taking care of you for a week. I think I deserve something." She replied.

"I have a couple of ideas." I told her, then ran my hand up her arm then held her chin in my fingers.

Sarah smiled. "I like where this is going." She responded.

I gently kissed her, wrapping my arms around her waist. Fireworks shot between us as the air was electrified.

Sarah ran her fingers up my chest, then wrapped her arms around my neck. She parted her lips and started breathing heavy. She then reluctantly pulled away. "I can't get caught fooling around, as much as I like this. I could get in trouble or worse." She told me.

I sighed reluctantly. "I guess I'll have to reward you for helping me some other time." I replied, winking.

Sarah nodded, then pecked me on the lips one last time. "Call me." She told me, then left.

I grinned, then picked up the rest of my things. Once I was done, I left the room for the first time since being here. Sarah started to walk over to me, but a male nurse assisted me in taking me to the reception area.

I gave my papers to the receptionist, then headed out of the hospital with my dad.

CHAPTER FIVE - TWO WEEKS LATER

The past two weeks had been very eventful, yet not at the same time. I had been travelling to Salem to spend a lot of time with Sarah, and even though we hadn't had sex yet, we had a very deep emotional connection. We had both agreed to let it happen when it happened. At the same time, I had begun to notice changes in my body. Changes that frightened me.

I had never enjoyed rare or medium-rare steaks, but now I found myself craving them, sometimes not even satisfied unless I eat meat with blood still in it. Along with my newfound craving, I also had a greatly increased appetite. I also have never been much of a jogger or gym rat at all, but I found myself having a huge urge to exercise to let out my seemingly endless pent up energy at night.

Slowly, as the nights passed I started experiencing other changes, but strangely enough they only affected me at night, although the hunger was ever present. It first started with a heightened sense of smell at the hospital. Then, I gained increased night vision as well as superhuman hearing at night. I could hear every little critter inside and outside the house, as well as things I didn't want to hear coming from my parent's room. The next thing I gained was increased strength. I had yet to test the full might, but I was able to lift the front of my car off the ground.

After my insane strength, I noticed a huge increase in my speed and agility. I was able to run at the very least twenty miles an hour with ease, and thirty five if I pushed myself. I was dumbfounded by my new abilities. They were pretty awesome but ultimately left me scared. I had no idea what was happening to me. With the way things kept escalating, I was sure this wasn't the end of it.

I hadn't told my parents about it, nor have I told Sarah about it. They would never believe me if I told them. As far as they were concerned, I was just going through a gym rat phase. If anybody found out, I could become a government experiment or something. All the while, I kept being reminded of the note that the killer wrote to me. Something told me that the killer knew what was going on, but he was taunting me.

There was a burning feeling that I was being watched, but I couldn't figure out who it was, no matter how hard I tried. Whoever it was was watching and studying from afar. They must have known about my abilities, because I was never able to catch them, even with my enhanced abilities. I had a nagging feeling that they possessed the same ones, if not more than I did. All I could do was hope they wouldn't attack my parents or worse, Sarah.

"Blake, are you going to eat? You've been staring at your food for like five minutes. It's getting cold." My mom asked.

I snapped out of my trance. "Yes. Sorry I was thinking about some things." I apologized, then started eating dinner. We were having some sort of green bean casserole. Suddenly, the hair stood on the back of my neck. I had the overwhelming sensation that we were being watched.

I finished eating, then excused myself. I walked out front, and was greeted by the dim moonlight. I focused my senses, trying to root out whatever was in the darkness. I heard commotion around the side of the house, and I ran over to investigate. I was shocked to find footprints leading away from my room and onto the sidewalk where I lost them.

To my shock my bedroom window was open.

I ran back inside, but walked calmly around my parents to not raise suspicion. I walked to my room then frantically searched it for anything of value that could have been taken. Finding nothing, I almost walked out until I saw something under my pillow. I walked over and inspected the object. To my horror it was another note.

I opened the note with trembling hands.

'Your time has almost come, the moonlight beckons you. You will not be able to resist the temptation of the beast. You and I are superior beings, the next stage in human evolution. I can help you. But, you have to let go of your past. Together we can be unstoppable, and take what we want when we want.' The note read.

I opened my nightstand, set the note inside with the other one and sat down. I became full of rage, and wanted to hit something. He was not only stalking me, taunting me too. The bastard that had murdered innocent people was still on the loose, and murders were still happening on a regular basis. But, that wasn't what concerned me right now.

I finally understood what was happening to me. When the beast bit and scratched me, it infected me with whatever disease it has. I was turning into a werewolf, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. The next full moon was in a week's time, and I would be doomed into turning into the creature that I despise the most. Soon, I would be causing terror in addition to the other werewolf.

Unless I killed myself. A dark thought suddenly appeared in my head. What if I could kill myeslf before I had the chance to turn? I would rather sacrifice my own life than turn into that god-forsaken beast. I went over to my nightstand and pulled out a knife. I then went into the bathroom, closed the door and went to the bathtub, and held my hand over the side.

I held the knife against the palm of my hand, and took a deep breath. I gritted my teeth, and sliced my palm open. I gritted my teeth in pain as the blade cut my palm, but to my shock and horror it closed almost immediately after opening. Frustrated, I held it to my wrist where I knew an artery was. I then plunged the knife into my wrist, causing blood to squirt into the tub. As soon as I pulled the knife out, the wound had healed.

I had enough. I turned on the shower and stripped down, then got in. I placed the knife next to my ribcage, and right over my heart. I wrapped a washcloth and put it between my teeth, then psyched myself up. Finally, I took a deep breath and stabbed myself in the heart.

Pain shot through my body as the knife pierced my heart, gushing a stream of blood. I screamed into the washcloth as I trembled from the agony. Finally I pulled the knife out, causing the wound to close immediately. As the blood washed down the drain I slumped over in the shower, wailing into the washcloth in both despair and agony.

There was nothing I could do. My fate was sealed. I was going to turn into a werewolf, whether I liked it or not. I already had most of the abilities. All that was left was the curse. I tried to regain composure, and turned the shower off once the blood was completely gone.

I dried off, making sure there was no blood before I did so. I wrapped in a towel, then headed to my room. I put new clothes on, then checked my phone. I had no new messages, only notifications for various apps. I went out the same day that I came home from the hospital and got a new phone, since the other one was insured. I had hoped to see a text from Marcel, but I knew he wouldn't.

Marcel had pretty much stopped talking to me after the incident. He had some police officers show up to his place after I had told Mallory about the alcohol parties, and everyone under twenty one but him was arrested. I couldn't lie to the officer, as the situation was so critical. Nonetheless he still dropped me as a friend after that. I don't blame him, even though I almost died. Still, I hoped that one day he might forgive me.

I was dying inside and needed to tell someone about my affliction. I couldn't tell my parents, and I definitely couldn't tell Mallory or he would kill me. I couldn't even tell Marcel, because he wouldn't talk to me in the first place. I had no one I could really talk to except Sarah, and I didn't want to get her involved.

I decided to call her. I dialed her number, hoping she wouldn't pick up the phone.

"Hello?" Sarah greeted me.

I breathed a sigh of disappointment. "It's Blake. I really need to hear your voice right now." I told her.

"What's wrong?" Sarah asked.

"Everything. There's something I haven't told you that I can't hide anymore." I told her. My voice was shaking from fear and what I had just done.

Sarah was silent for a while. "Have you cheated on me? Did you cheat on someone else with me? Do you have an STI?" She asked in rapid fire succession.

"No on all counts. It has to do with what happened to me after that monster attacked me." I told her.

"Blake, I'm always here for you. You can tell me anything. I don't want to talk about this over the phone though. Why don't you come over?" Sarah asked.

"You want me to come over tonight?" I asked.

"Yes. I miss you, and I've had a feeling for some time that something wasn't right with you. You've been acting increasingly abnormal." Sarah responded.

I was silent, contemplating her offer. "Yeah, I'll be right over. It'll take me half an hour to get there though." I told her.

"I'll be waiting." Sarah responded.

I ran my fingers through my hair, and groaned. I didn't really want to get Sarah involved but I had nowhere else to turn to. I stood up, and picked up my keys, my wallet, and the notes that the killer sent me. Next, I left my room and tried to leave without my parents knowing. Unfortunately, they saw me.

"Where are you headed? It's almost nine o'clock at night." My dad asked. His tone told me that he was suspicious.

I stopped, then turned around. "I'm going to Sarah's." I replied.

My mom grew wide-eyed. "Are you coming back tonight?" She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. I have a house key if I decide to come back tonight." I replied. I had never stayed the night yet, but I had a feeling that would change.

"Well, have fun. If you have too much fun, make sure you use protection." Dad joked.

My mom spit out her drink, and laughed nervously.

"I'll see you guys later." I told them, then walked out the front door and shut it.

I was about to walk away when my enhanced hearing picked up an interesting conversation between my parents.

"I don't know how I feel about him going and staying at that girl's house. We barely know her!" My mom exclaimed.

"He's a grown adult now. He can start making decisions for himself. At least he waited until he was an adult to get involved in a serious relationship. Remember, your parents weren't approving of our relationship either." My dad countered.

"Yes, that is true. I just don't want to let him go." My mom replied.

"We need to support him, especially after what happened to him. I see the way they look at each other. I don't think she's some booty call. I think he's in love with her." My dad told her.

"If he is, I hope she doesn't break his heart." My mom replied.

I walked away, not wanting to hear anymore. I wasn't exactly going to her house to get some action. However, something that my dad said both bothered and surprised me. Was I really starting to fall in love with her? Perhaps he was right.

That was exactly why I needed to let her go. I cared about her too much to put her in harm's way. If I was to become a werewolf, then she would be constantly put in danger. Because I cared about, and possibly loved her then I needed to push her as far away as possible.

I started my piece of shit car, and drove to Salem. All the while, I started to feel my body change even more under the direct moonlight.

CHAPTER SIX

I knocked on Sarah's door, my adrenaline pumping. I planned on breaking it off with her, but the thought alone devastated me.

Sarah opened the door with her usual bubbly attitude, but her smile and optimism quickly faded into concern and worry when she saw the defeated expression on my face. "Come inside." She told me, then ushered me in the door. She led me to the left, into her living room.

Her house was a relatively simple layout. As you entered the door, the dining room and kitchen was directly to your right. Her living room was directly to your right, and the master bedroom was directly in front of you. As you head towards the master bedroom, there was a hallway to the left. As you start down the hallway, there was a backdoor to your right.

Continuing down the hallway was the bathroom on the right, and a smaller bedroom to the left. Finally, on the end was a large recreation room that stretched from the front of the house to the back. There was a pool table, a drum set and a large television with a home theater system and several game consoles. Overall her house was much nicer than ours, but that was to be expected with a nurse's salary.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Sarah asked.

I shook my head, and put my head in my hands. I couldn't bring myself to tell her, but I needed to.

"Blake, what is wrong? You're scaring me." Sarah told me in a worried voice.

I sighed, then looked up at her with tears in my eyes. "I can't keep seeing you. This isn't going to work." I told her in a shaky voice

Sarah was shocked, and her eyes opened wide with surprise. "What? I don't understand. Why do you want to break up with me? Don't you care about me?" She asked in a hurt voice.

I wiped the tears from my eyes, but avoided contact with hers. "Yes I do. That is exactly why I can't be with you." I told her in an ashamed voice.

"I don't understand. Usually when people care about people they tend to stay together. Why is that so different for you? I am willing to work through just about anything, but you have to tell me." Sarah asked, sitting down beside me.

I shook my head. "It's best if you don't know. If I told you, you wouldn't believe me and you would be put in danger." I told her.

"Blake, I know that something happened to you that night. I know that night changed you somehow, and you've been changing ever since. I care about you, and I will support you no matter what you're dealing with." Sarah told me.

I shook my head, and remained silent for a while. I sighed in defeat, and looked her in the eyes. "I am turning into a werewolf." I told Sarah.

Sarah waited for me to tell her it was a joke, then shook her head. "You don't have to lie to me. If you don't want to tell me then that's fine, but don't lie to me." She replied, frowning.

I pulled the note and the first letter the killer sent me, and handed Sarah the letter that I had received in the hospital. "Read it." I told her.

Sarah looked at me, then read the note. Her eyebrows creased as she read it, then looked up at me. "How do I know this is real and you didn't write it yourself?" She asked.

"Why would I go through all the effort of this just to break up with you?" I countered, and gave her the other note. "The killer broke into my house earlier tonight, and placed this under my pillow. Read it." I told her.

Sarah pursed her lips, and read it. This time, her mouth hung open as she read it. "This can't be true, it's impossible! Werewolves aren't real!" She told me in an agitated voice.

I stood up. "Follow me. I want to show you something." I replied.

"Okay." Sarah said nervously.

I headed to the front door and opened it.

"Where are you taking me?" Sarah asked.

"To my car." I responded, then stopped right in front of my car.

"Umm, I really don't want to go anywhere right now." Sarah told me nervously.

"That's okay. I wasn't going anywhere either. Just watch." I replied.

I turned around to face her, then grabbed the bumper of my car. I lifted the front of the car up with ease, something no normal human could do. The weight of the car and the small distribution of weight of my hand caused the metal to bend where my hand was.

I let the car go, and it crashed onto the ground. The alarm in the car went off, so I hit the lock button on my remote to silence it. I said nothing, and walked back into the house.

Sarah continued to stare at the car, in total shock. She eventually came back inside and sat down next to me. "There has to be another explanation. Perhaps your adrenaline is pumping hard enough to give you increased strength." She told me in a shaky voice.

"Fucking hell, I'm going to convince you once and for all!" I shouted angrily, then walked to her kitchen, and went to her knife drawer. I pulled out the biggest and longest knife I could find and placed it in front of my heart.

"Blake, what are you doing? Put the knife down." Sarah shouted. She stayed back about ten feet with a terrified expression on her face.

"Let's see your science and logic explain this." I told her, then thrust the knife into my heart. I let out an agonizing scream as the knife not only went through my heart but completely went through me. I slumped to the floor, in excruciating pain. Blood poured out of the wound, completely soaking my shirt. With trembling hands, I ripped my shirt off so Sarah could see what I had done.

Sarah screamed and rushed to my side. She started crying hysterically, but didn't touch me. She pulled out her phone to call the police.

123456...8