Ill Met By Moonlight

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We set her carefully in the back of the police car, and I stayed in the back with her in the floor, holding her in place. Mallory then ran to the front seat, and sped off in the direction of the nearest hospital.

"Blake, you have to tell me what happened. I can't help you if I don't know what's going on." Mallory told me.

"I was isolated from the population, about to kill myself, but I decided I needed to hear her voice one last time before I did it. My phone had been turned off, and on airplane mode when it wasn't turned off to avoid tracking. When I turned on my phone, there was a text from the werewolf that said he had kidnapped her, and was going to kill her unless I came to him. He said he followed my scent to Salem where I had been frequently visiting her house." I told him.

"What happened after that?" Mallory asked.

"I decided I was going to use the silver bullets to kill him. When I got there, he told me to join him. He said that we would be unstoppable if we worked together. I refused, but he was able to do something I wasn't expecting." I responded.

"What did he do?" Mallory asked.

"He was the alpha wolf. He was able to command me to do things, things that I wanted to resist, but my body would not obey my will, only his. It was like mind control. He told me to kill Sarah, and join him to terrorize humans." I replied.

"Did you do it?" Mallory asked.

I lowered my head in shame, gently holding Sarah's hand. "I had no choice. I was fighting my body the entire time, but it was no use. I stabbed her, unable to resist his commands. After that, rage filled me and I was able to break free, and attack him." I replied.

"Holy shit. I'm going to have to erase the footage of you in this car, since it's constantly recording. How did you kill him? You said he was dead." Mallory asked.

"I shot him with my silver bullets I made. They weren't enough to kill him immediately, but they incapacitated him long enough for me to finish him off. I ripped his heart out of his chest, shot it with a silver bullet, then finished him off by shooting him in the head with two silver bullets." I told him.

Mallory breathed a sigh of relief. "How do you know for sure he's dead?" He asked.

"Because the werewolf healing factor is involuntary. I saw the gaping hole in his chest, and I saw the holes in his head, along with the brain matter. I saw the life leave his eyes. He is dead, you can go back there and verify that once you take us to the hospital." I informed him.

Mallory breathed another sigh of relief. "Good. He deserved to die, after everything he has done. Do you know if there's any more werewolves besides you out there?" He asked.

"No, I don't know. However, I don't think he ever intended to create me. I think he meant to kill me, but I shot him in the head, which messed him up for a while but didn't kill him. That allowed me to escape." I replied.

"Let's hope there isn't. I don't know how I'm going to explain this shitshow to the other officers." Mallory told me.

"They can't know about this. The fewer people that know the truth, the better." I replied.

"Well then what the hell am I supposed to tell the doctors who ask what happened, and the other officers when they see the body of the werewolf?" Mallory countered.

"Tell the doctors that we were attacked by a mugger or something. He got aggressive when Sarah tried fighting back, and stabbed her. That would explain the stab wound and the marks around her neck. Tell the other officers nothing, you need to bury the body and dispose of it." I replied.

"Every single one of those things you're asking me to do is highly illegal. You should be in handcuffs right now. I'll do it, not because you asked me to, but because you're right. The world can never know what happened here." He told me.

Finally we stopped, and Mallory ran to the hospital lobby.

I touched Sarah's cheek. She was clinging to life by a thread. "Hang on just a bit longer, love. I promise I won't leave you ever again if we get through this." I told her softly, and kissed her hand. Her skin was so cold, and was turning pale.

I quickly changed into my other clothes, and waited for the doctors to arrive. Suddenly, a loud commotion sounded at the entrance, as they rushed towards the car.

"I didn't have time to wait for an ambulance, because she is dying. I rushed here as soon as I discovered them." Mallory told the doctors.

The driver side door opened, and doctors quickly put her on a stretcher and rushed her into the ER. I held her hand the whole way. Suddenly, a doctor tried to stop me from entering the room.

"Sir, nobody is allowed in here except for the patient and doctors. You must go to the waiting area." The doctor told me.

Anger filled me. "I am not going anywhere, not when she is barely hanging by a thread to life. I am staying, and you will not stop me. You can try, but I promise you it won't go your way." I told him. I then pushed past him, staying beside Sarah.

I had never been a religious person, but I prayed to whatever god or entity was out there to save her.

EPILOGUE - TWO WEEKS LATER

I picked up the bundle of flowers, still holding back tears. As I exited my car, the horrible memories came flooding back Seeing the life fade from her body while I was helpless, unable to do anything was forever burned into my mind. I owed it to her at the very least to say goodbye, after everything that had happened. As I walked towards the graveyard, the rain assaulted the pavement and soaked my black suit.

No one was in the graveyard, those that had been there had already left because of the rain. The rain didn't faze me, even though I was getting soaked. As I went through the graveyard, I looked at each of the headstones, and wondered about each of their lives. I wondered what they looked like, what kind of lives they led and ultimately how they died.

Finally, I reached a recently covered grave. I fell to my knees in the mud, not caring about staining my suit. I had only bought it for this occasion. As my fingers ran across the name on the headstone, a whole wave of emotions ran through me. I felt anger at the inability to save her, I felt sadness that she would never get a chance to live, to have a family. Tears streamed down my face, and mixed with the rain as it poured over my body.

"I am so sorry I couldn't do anything to save you. The person that did this horrible thing to you, to me and all of those innocent people has paid the price for his actions. He can't hurt anyone else, and your death wasn't in vain." I said, and placed the flowers in the flower holder. There was still close to a dozen things left by her loved ones.

"Rest in peace, Ellie." I said, then stood up.

A warm hand gently grabbed and held mine. "I am so sorry that you couldn't save her. You did everything you could." The voice beside me told me.

I turned to look at Sarah, and hugged her. "Thank you for being here." I replied.

"Of course I would be here. As sad as it was, if it wasn't for her passing we would have never met. I told you I am here for you no matter what happens." Sarah replied.

I was relieved. When she woke up in the hospital, I was afraid that she would tell me to leave and never come back. She didn't, instead cried for hours, telling me how relieved she was that I had survived. I had told her that I would never leave her again.

It turned out that being a werewolf, while being an extremely painful transformation was easy to control. I could now shape shift at will whenever night fell. My enhanced abilities also filled me every single night. I still had the weakness to silver, it never really went away.

Sheriff Mallory and I had come to an uneasy alliance. I told him that I would never attack people unless I had no choice, but I also gave him the means to kill me if I ever turned murderous. He was skeptical of the silver bullets, until he saw the body of the werewolf in the forest.

We stood up, and made our way back to the car, and drove home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke to the sensation of the hair rising on my body. "Oh shit!" I exclaimed.

Sarah jumped up, and looked at me alarmed. "What's wrong?" She asked

I reached for the silver dagger I held beside the bed. "There's another werewolf nearby. My hair stands on end when my body senses one nearby." I whispered, going to the window and searching frantically. I looked over at Sarah, who was terrified.

"Don't worry, I'm going to keep you safe." I whispered, then headed to the front door. The hair on my body felt like electricity, but I couldn't see where the threat was coming from.

As soon as I stepped outside, a blindingly fast force attacked me. I was grabbed by the neck, and thrown to the ground by an invisible force. The dagger in my hand was now gone. Whatever attacked me was not a werewolf, it moved way too fast to be one. All of a sudden the same invisible force hit me again, flipping me over.

I winced in pain. Whatever hit me had broken bones every single time it made contact, and it hit me hard enough that even though my body healed almost instantly, the pain lingered. "Show yourself, coward!" I spat, wiping blood from my mouth.

I heard a feminine voice cackle.

Suddenly, a dark figure appeared in front of me, picked me up and threw me across the road, and I hit the sidewalk with a sickening crack. Both my bones and the sidewalk broke. I jumped to my feet, frantically searching the night trying to see what was happening. I decided I needed the beast.

I got down on all fours, and let my rage take over. As my body changed with immense pain and disgusting sounds, I growled, trying to be as intimidating as possible. I sniffed the area, but did not sense any other werewolf nearby. Instead, I sensed something that was both unknown to me, and terrified me.

Suddenly, a woman with flaming red hair and bright red eyes that glowed in the night appeared in front of me. She bared her teeth, revealing sinister looking fangs. In her hand was the silver dagger that she had stolen from me.

I growled, and charged at her. Unfortunately, she was too quick. The assailant grabbed me by my neck, threw me on the ground and pinned me there, holding the dagger against my throat.

"So, you're the beast that's been causing problems." She sneered.

I stopped fighting, because I knew I was defeated. I closed my eyes, and let the rage leave me. As my body transformed back, the agonizing pain came back. When my transformation was complete, the pain left me.

"You've got a lot of explaining to do." She sneered, and dragged me to Sarah's house. "Owner of the home, come to the front door!" She shouted.

A few seconds later, a terrified Sarah walked towards the door with her hands up in surrender. "Please don't hurt either me or him." Sarah told her, her voice shaking.

The woman laughed, then held the blade up to my throat. It sizzled against my skin, making me cry out in pain.

"I know exactly what your boyfriend is, and I am much faster and stronger than he is. I also know how to kill him. Invite me inside, or his head comes off." The woman told Sarah menacingly. She applied more pressure to my neck, causing my skin to cook underneath the blade.

"Okay, okay! Come inside." Sarah told the woman.

The assailant smiled. "Wise choice. Or, maybe not." She replied, drug me inside, and threw me on the floor in the living room.

I stood up, and shielded Sarah with my body, prepared to die in order to defend her.

"You look like a fool. Sit down. I've already kicked your ass once, do you want me to do it again?" The woman told me in an intimidating voice.

I realized she was right. In no way was I going to be able to stop her if she tried anything. I reluctantly sat down on the couch, and Sarah clung to me in fear. "What the hell are you, and what do you want?" I demanded.

The assailant smiled, revealing her long fangs. "Number one, I am a vampire, a creature of the night, like you but superior. My name is Maggie, in case you wanted to hurl profanities in my direction." Maggie informed me.

I was shocked. Werewolves weren't the only mythical creatures that were real, so were vampires. "What the hell do you want?" I demanded.

Maggie laughed. "I want you to give me a reason for not killing you right here, right now. Especially after you killed all those humans." Maggie responded, playing with the dagger in her hands.

I opened my eyes in surprise. "Is that what this is about?" I asked.

"What the hell else would it be about?" Maggie countered.

I shook my head. "That wasn't me. I was attacked by the werewolf that you speak of. I killed him. He kidnapped her, and tried to get me to join him. I ripped his heart out of his chest." I responded.

Maggie looked surprised, but didn't look like she fully believed me. "Vampires have the power of compulsion. I will know if you're telling the truth. You can't be completed compelled, but she can." She responded. She walked over to Sarah, who cowered in fear.

Maggie knelt down and stared Sarah in the eyes. "Is everything he says true?" She asked.

Sarah had a blank expression on her face. "Yes." She responded.

Maggie looked troubled, and paced back and forth. Suddenly she looked at me. "We have a big problem." She told me. She gave me the dagger back and continued pacing.

I was confused by her sudden change in moods. One minute she wanted to kill me, another she was apologetic. "What are you talking about? You mean aside from trying to kill me and invading our home?" I shouted angrily.

Maggie looked at me and shook her head. "I only did that because I thought you were the other werewolf. I apologize for doing that. Unfortunately, by being a werewolf the burden is also yours to bear." She replied.

I was completely lost, and had no idea what she was talking about. "What are you trying to tell me?" I asked.

Maggie sighed, and looked at me. "The other werewolf killed dozens of people in an extremely short period of time. There is a group of humans who grouped together, believing that something supernatural was at play." Maggie told me.

I had a feeling I wasn't going to like where this was going.

"They set out to uncover the truth behind the attacks. They set up cameras in the woods, and caught video footage of the werewolf attacking a human. They are going to release that footage on the internet for the whole world to see. If the whole world saw it, our kinds

would be doomed." Maggie told me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note, continued:

Thank you so much for reading this story! It has been one of my favorites to write, and I'm glad to finally share it with you. This story is the third in a series of interconnected stories, all of which can be found in my erotic stories. Blake's story will continue, and will cross over with the other stories as well as stories that have yet to be told in a big way. Be sure to follow me, because there is plenty more in store for this shared erotic novel universe as well as Blake's journey!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1...345678