All Comments on 'I'm Just a Tool'

by OopsyDaisyNaked

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 3 years ago

The author is enjoying the humiliation of the main character so much, I quit reading when I realized this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
great!

Love this story! Keep writing please!

Cyberweasel89Cyberweasel89about 3 years ago
Good concept, odd execution, missed potential?

I really enjoyed how he kept winding up naked so much, but I also loved how Jill was so kind to him. I would've loved to see her be a rock who gives him emotional support through his exposure, but... Well, her sudden outrage at the end was just kind of... an overreaction, to put it mildly.

I mean, maybe I'm just not comprehending this fully, but he told her after the party that he would take the job, but his sister suddenly said he'd taken too long, and he got it anyway after he begged, yet somehow Jill heard he didn't take the job and hated him for it despite the fact he said he'd taken the job AND was given the job? And somehow, because of this one bit of deadline-missing in the center, the sweet girl who was so kind and gentle with him suddenly hates his guts?

The story in general also seems... incomplete. Like, I feel there's a LOT of details missing in this story that would've made it feel more fleshed-out and satisfying. It seems more like a Chapter 1 of a series than a stand-alone one-shot, but it doesn't have "Chapter 1" listed so... I guess I'm just confused why it seems to be the start of an adventure rather than an adventure itself.

The lack of character descriptions also made it harder to actually differentiate these characters in my head and relate to them as people. I have names and personalities, but I have only silhouettes of void in my head to attach them to. They describe Jill A BIT, but not only is her description oddly vague ("great body" doesn't tell me anything, especially when I don't go for most Hollywood bodies) but it makes the lack of description the other characters have... oddly conspicuous.

All in all, this story is good for what it is, but it feels sloppily storyboarded, oddly paced, lacking in detail, and a first chapter posted as a one-shot. Should you ever write a sequel to it, it would probably improve this story by filling in some of the gaps this one has! I can also say that it's quite well-written, even if the execution of the concept could've used a bit more thought.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm a 69 year-old I'd love this to happen to me even @ this age.....lucky little fucker.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous