Impregnating the Galaxy Ch. 28

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ah." Drukalmund replied with an understanding nod. "You fear your own mortality. Let me assure you that the process will be quite painless, as your soul will simply slip away peacefully."

"I'm not afraid." He countered, his voice hard. The lack of emotion in his father's voice at the explanation of his proposed death deeply upset Dorian. "I just...I came all this way to find you, and...well..."

A smirk returned to the older man's face. "Yes, you followed my trail dutifully. I am quite satisfied with how well you've performed, even exceeding my predictions in several ways. I did not see that you would be Vaidimated, though it pleases me more than you can possibly know. I can sense your formidable power, as your body is more than capable of containing my soul. Rest easy, my son, and go into death with the knowledge that you completed your purpose admirably."

The words stabbed at Dorian's heart. "Is that...all I am to you?" He asked, and it was suddenly as if he were once again the little orphan that had been left alone in the galaxy, parentless. "A shell for you to inhabit?"

Drukalmund almost seemed confused as he peered at his son. "Do you require more than that? Are you not grateful for the life I've granted you? For...what, twenty years? Twenty three? I sired you for this purpose, yet without it you wouldn't have been born. You've enjoyed over two decades of a life that would not exist without me. Surely that must count for something."

The statement brought the memory of his mother to the forefront of his mind. Did Drukalmund know that she'd die in childbirth? That he'd be left alone? Struggling the majority of his short life, only to make a name for himself in the last few years? He had wanted so BADLY to finally be with the man who had left him as a child, to know that there was a reason for his abandonment. Yet now he understood. Ancient and powerful, the entity known as Drukalmund no longer had the capacity to care about his offspring. Dorian could only glimpse what the entity truly was, something he couldn't fully understand, nor wanted to. Whatever 'humanity' he once possessed, if any, was long gone.

Dorian took an additional step backwards. "I can't believe this..." He muttered. Had his journey been for nothing? Were all of his struggles and achievements a waste of time?

No, he pushed the question out of his mind with growing anger. Though his father clearly felt nothing for him, his journey had allowed Dorian to experience things that most individuals in the galaxy could never dream of. He had unlocked powers that bent reality, bred multiple Queens and Expresses, explored bizarre and exotic worlds, and slept with literally thousands of women. He had lived, TRULY lived.

"I am...grateful for the existence you've granted me." Dorian began, choosing his words carefully despite his anger. The orphan he had been was once again gone, as he peered at the ancient spirit with defiance. "But I will not give you my body. You may have sired me, but I'VE built this life for myself. It is not yours to take."

A long moment passed in silence between them as Drukalmund studied his son's face. His calm expression began to fade, replaced with a scowl as he spoke. "How disappointing."

Instantly, the hairs on the back of Dorian's neck began to sit up, as he sensed incoming danger. The older man's hands shot forwards, unleashing a blast of electricity that arched through the short distance between them. With no time to react, the blast hit Dorian in the chest, erupting through his body as he was sent careening backwards. He slammed hard into one of the taller machines, leaving a large dent that caused it to beep loudly as he crashed to the floor.

"If you will not submit willingly, my son, I will tear you from your body." The ancient being spoke, walking to stand over Dorian's limp form. "Though you will learn the price of your insolence first."

Dorian screamed in pain as more electricity flowed from the spirit's fingers, cascading over his skin. The power of the blast far outweighed his own, igniting every nerve in his body.

Drukalmund fell to his knee, visibly exhausted as the lightning ceased. "It is...quite difficult to maintain...power in this form. Oh how I'll enjoy...my new body..."

The pain of the electrocution lingered, as Dorian remained crumbled on the floor. Yet even as he remained unmoving, his mind quickly worked to find a way out of the situation. He could sense that whatever strange dimension they were currently in was incredibly fragile and malleable. Though he was utterly inexperienced, the possibility of tearing open a portal of his own would take little effort.

Rising back up to his ghostly feet, he gazed down at his son with interest. Though visibly in pain and straining hard, Dorian slowly stood as well, matching his father's height. "Ah...so you still have some resistance in you. Good...no son of Drukalmund should fall so easily."

As he sensed his father's power gathering once again for a burst of electricity, Dorian turned to his left, clenching his hands. Thoughts of home, of Yarrin, flashed through his mind as a small hole began to rip open in space a few feet from where he stood. It slowly widened, before becoming large enough for him to step through.

"Escape, my son?" Drukalmund said, letting out a sickening laugh. "Surely you must know that I'll find you! If not you, then I'll lure one of your many children into my grasp! Oh you've done so well with providing me ample candidates for a new body!"

Before he could run, a burst of electricity erupted from his father's fingers. Instinctively, he thrust out his hands, sending arcs of his own lightning towards the ancient spirit. The two webs collided, crackling loudly as they pushed against each other as if trying to overpower one another.

Dorian's concentration remained firm, using all he had learned to maintain his power. Drukalmund's weakened form as a soul allowed him to hold the entity's electricity at bay, though he knew that neither would last very long.

"Run all you like, my boy!" The spirit laughed wildly, barely louder than the crackling of their intertwined lightning. "I'll lure as many of your children as it takes until I find one strong enough to contain my soul!"

Knowing that he couldn't hold off his father's powers for much longer, Dorian abruptly dove to his side, releasing his concentration and allowing Drukalmund's electricity to explode against a machine that had been behind him. He quickly got to his feet, practically throwing himself through the portal.

As he passed through, he heard the maddened echoes of his father's laughter, leaving them behind.

Yet even though he had escaped, he was surprised to discover a large drop as he entered the portal. Above the treetops of Yarrin's jungle, or at least he HOPED it was Yarrin, he fell.

He slammed into the highest branch of one of the countless trees, his world tumbling as his vision went black.