All Comments on 'In the Devil's House Ch. 01-02'

by TheFeveredHunger

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Story... Average.

Disclaimer: damn, someone is whiny when their readers don't fawn over them.

TheFeveredHungerTheFeveredHungerover 2 years agoAuthor

How delightfully pedestrian. An anonymous attempt at ad-hominem critique, bereft of the barest comprehension of classical sarcasm, satire, or wit. And now, to dispel rumor - yes, I posted an anonymous criticism of my own work to foil any future effort to criticize because the blanket trope of anonymity gives every writer a shield in that every anonymous post can be attributed to the writer and therefore viewed as ironic, self-deprecating, or pure troll-works aimed at the more pedantic audience whose only genuine contributions are contrived efforts at barbed invectives meant to create injury (either against a fragile ego, else the even more fragile narcissistic ego). There, see? I am so magnanimous that I spew invectives upon myself - so that my poor, beleaguered audience need not trouble themselves with such trivialities. Like a self-cleaning oven, or self-shitting pants.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Putting that time and money invested in that Dale Carnegie course to good use I see. Well done.

TheFeveredHungerTheFeveredHungerover 2 years agoAuthor

*That* is the satirical wit that audiences know and love - a bit of soft-core trolling... a little skin on skin hubris... a circle-jerk of self-effacing humor with a titillating soupçon of buzzwords... Mmmm... sticky. When I think of something equally clever to reply - I'll be sure to continue anonymously... that's how the game is played. That keeps the audience coming back. Not the writing - no. It's the quasi-cerebral vitriol I pour over my head in an attempt to appear relevant, edgy, or entertaining. We "both" (wink, wink) know I lack any real writing talent, and the only real audience I could hope for would be the echo chamber of my own mind... which is why I have to offer my own worst criticisms and self-loathing in the guise of the audience itself. See, I'm so overbearing that I can't stand the thought of someone offering more scathing criticism of my work - that's why I post under a pseudonym, reply anonymously, and will eventually seek to placate the audience's boredom by later adding "fake" profiles to further muddy the idea of argument. It's like gas-lighting, but in reverse... because any *real* writer wouldn't bother hiding their work, or their name in the midst of a free-to-read erotica fan site. But don't worry - we'll cross those bridges as we get to them... the bridges are heavily trafficked, these days.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTheFeveredHunger@TheFeveredHunger
https://www.patreon.com/damceon "Sorcerer's" series - a slow-burn epic. "Devil's House" series - a casual side-project with very little commitment. UPDATE: 2024.04.29 - CH 16 is queued-up and cycling. Only about 23% trimmed from the manuscript version. So, maybe still prett...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES