All Comments on 'Innocent Text Messages Pt. 03'

by javmor79

Sort by:
  • 347 Comments (Page 2)
IGotYurWifeIGotYurWifeabout 10 years ago
Good read - great dialog

After coming across Chapter 1 and getting fully invested in it, chapters 2 and 3 were not showing on my Smart-ass Phone. Glad I looked via the laptop tonight - you really had me dangling precariously. In Chapter 1, I was as pissed as Tony was. (Yes, I am a hypocrite, I've been 'Brian')

No, Navy Corpsman or not, Brian doesn't need a chapter.

In real life Tony should have keep his emotions in check (don't know that I could) and gotten out of bed an hour after she was asleep and dumped all of the texts on her phone to a laptop, looked at all of her outgoing and incoming calls on the phone, checked for other downloaded images,.pulled out his bills for the preceding months looking for strange numbers and the amount of usage, and done a snoop job on her hand bag and car. He was on the cusp of acquiring a great deal of information, or none at all. But an investigation is a 'search for truth', and while one can't always prove a negative, he needed much more information than he was operating with. As the story stands there will always be a shadow of doubt and mistrust, unless Tony is a total fool.

What café were they at and when?? You lost that item Javmor. Do they dine off of their floor at work? Hospital cafeteria or nearby bistro/café? Was that during or after work? If Selene is working an 8 - 10 hour day and always comes home around 7 pm, why does she say the night get so long at work???

Check her charge card invoices as well.

After the angst of Chapter 1 (so well crafted Javmor!), Chapters 2 and 3 seemed shallow and rushed - they were not as well developed. She followed my axiom when confronted with uncomfortable questions and perilous situations: "Admit to nothing, deny everything, make counter-allegations." Works every time. Tony folded like an accordion but then his wife had spent a lifetime manipulating men and exploiting their weaknesses and was very good at it.

Were it me I'd have had her call Brian on the phone (after doing my snoop job) at 3 or 4 AM under penalty of abandonment and have a monitored conversation with him via speaker phone with orders to tell him hubby was sleeping and bait him and see where he took it. If they had been physically intimate to any extent it would have come out. Selene never did say said she hadn't been sexually physical or intimate in some way just that she never fucked him.

I define flirting as 'attention without intention'. Some eye contact and a smile, a shift from looking at the eyes to the breasts or something else, letting yourself get caught . But nothing more. Their text exchanges were dripping with impeding sexuality and constituted an emotional intimacy. He may have jumped on her case too soon, or too late. We won't really know. This could go to a Chapter 4 where the surprising real truth comes out.

Your fan base, including me, has been established. Please continue writing, I envy your skills.

OneShotOneOneShotOneabout 10 years ago
This was not flirting

It was an emotional affair that was on it's way to becoming physical. KarenE said it earlier; Selena didn't tell Brian she couldn't come to his place because she is married and doesn't cheat. She said she couldn't come to him because she didn't have a cover story. That is not flirting that is planning. And that is just one reason the ending is so disappointing after such a promising start..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
This reads as if you got tired of your own story and just wanted to end it.

That first two chapters had a decent amount of setup and detail, but this, not so much. She gives him an excuse the pretty much put the blame on him, and he caved. One quick discussion, and, despite the epilogue, the problem was pretty much over.

<P>

I hate stories that go on and on, but, from what you wrote in the first two chapters, this was a story that needed -- required -- more. It needed discussions, some counseling, before they could begin to possiblly be a couple again.

<P>

A very unsatisfactory ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
poor excuse

She put the blame on him with a lousy excuse and he was only to happy to take it. When a marriage lasts for years there is only so much that can be done or said to make someone feel sexy the bottom line is she wanted attention from someone that was not her husband an untested road because she was bored with olé reliable. Women and men like that make me regret being born into this world they don't appreciate the love and trust given freely from someone who is not required to give it to them.

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
Good story

Good Reconciliation story. 5***** The reconciliation was more succesful, because the lack of physical sex, so the husband did not get free card for the future.............

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
innocent flirting?

Lets re read, 10 years of marriage, two children, a street map on her stomach due to child birth, a husband that does not shower with her or drool over her while getting dressed, allows texting between a "hot body" co worker that now confesses she is physically attracted to? Of course her confession from chapter 2 which was not directed to her husband Tony, specified that Brian would become physical in his actions. Can the author go into detail how physical? I found one post and I agree, if Selene was so involved in this emotional affair, would she (Selene) consider a kiss, a hand job or allowing Brian to finger her (Selene) to orgasm? How much of Brian's body did she (Selene) see if Brian has such a hot body? There are holes in this story of Selene's I think there was more to what was going on, and her teasing and Brian's photo and other texts suggest that too. I see several more chapters ahead before the truth does come out.

One note ignore the hate critics, excellent story so far.5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
When does he deal with his temper?

After all, he jumped to conclusions, called his wife, and I quote: "a lying bitch" and my personal favourite: "a lying cunt". Those words reveal his true feelings towards her and they are neither loving nor respectful....especially seeing as how he never apologizes for them.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 10 years ago
Its interesting

to read this story along with American Beauty by Francis MacComber. Different perspectives on the trials and tribulations of being an attractive female. Both are excellent stories, in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Justification

So, it was HIS fault that she carried on an emotional affair?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
to Anon 3/23

She WAS lying, and it's not a temper issue if the reaction is entirely justified by the situation. She was having an emotional (heading towards physical) affair behind his back after ten years of marriage. In the heat of the moment, he called her a foul name. I'd say the karmic scales are still in his favor.

Cog

norcal62norcal62about 10 years ago
Come on guys. This is a well written story about a neglected wife.

It's much better than most of the LW stories of this type. Both were honest in their emotions to each other. That's the construction that made the reconciliation believable. There are plenty of stories of the neglected husband, but without the insights from the characters about their internal thoughts.

crazycujocrazycujoabout 10 years ago
A real story

A realistic story that is well written with real characters. Thanks......

LechemanLechemanabout 10 years ago
Good Story

Well you mentioned in your intro this story related back to the real thing in some ways so that made the story even more interesting to read. This was a good story, happy ending and the bad guy received his karma. Not always the outcome but nice to imagine.

well done!

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 10 years ago
Good story well written characters

Enjoyable story and right there about the current events with texting going on so much! I really liked how you put in the common problem with most stories 'lack of communication' between the couple. Realistic the way you went through both characters conversation. The issues this caused and how both went through the effort to get back in there marriage - both working.

So again well written story with really good character and dialogue.

Keep writing and I will keep reading

OOAAOOAAalmost 10 years ago
Good story!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

enjayemenjayemalmost 10 years ago
Happily ever after?

Don't usually like made-up and lived h.e.a. tales but I guess there was a measure of revenge. The disrespect still doesn't sit well with me tho.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Different ending

I was sort of expecting Brian to be bisexual and hit on you, too.

At least, that was the tone of your prior stories, leading up to this one.

Well, now that Wilma is single again...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

more chapters to where brian gets fired and can not get another hospital job ,then ends up in prison for rape and wilma's husband gets more revenge

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Marine Medic

Marines don't have medics, navy corpsman serve as medics.

MortonGrangeMortonGrangealmost 10 years ago
Well done

An intelligent and human story which doesn't stray into the ludicrous, so often the case with the current crop of ratings chasers. I agree with one of your earlier commentators, perhaps on one of your other stories, that your plots tend to be route one: they are so straightforwardly honest they can be anticipated from the first paragraph. If you mix things up a bit and add some cross-cutting elements you'll find that they help to fix the characters of your protagonists. But stay focused on the complications of how decent people relate to one another, and on what marriage really means. There are so many commentators here who seem to believe marriage is a simple legal contract, like you have with your energy supplier. Good writing provokes strong emotion, which yours does. But it then has to be used to teach a lesson, rather than get left to fester. I think you do this partially - but you could do more.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
And

Did his wife realize how close she came to having her husband wind up like Wilma's husband? How is it that mankind has gone from stoning adulterers to death to putting the wrong husband in jail for a minor beating of the interloper? I do not see this as progress.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The answer to sugna's question is....

Our society has deteriorated to the point that adultery is considered not a big deal. Blame in part very liberal politicians and liberal judges. The laws in the Middle East are much more correct for this type of thing.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
ITS BAD ENOUGH TO BE STUPID

but to turn states evidence on yourself....Utterly inane. TK U MLJ LV NV

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 10 years ago
Don't go to jail!

Reality based stories rock. That said why do almost all cheating slut stories have the husband doing the dirty work? That is why men have friends! You talk it over with your best buds, make a plan that puts you in possession of an airtight alibi, while someone else visits his kneecaps, possibly elbows as well, with a piece of pipe. Believe me, a piece of pipe is much easier to make vanish forevermore than a baseball bat. Even the worst kind of skirt chasing bastard finds it hard to chase women while confined to a wheelchair. Plus most these types have more than one slut in their history making for a glut of suspects. Just be sure to return the favor if your friend finds themself in the same position. Oh! Almost forgot, ALWAYS go for the teeth as well. Shattered teeth hurt like hell and are outrageously expensive to fix, not to mention that women don't generally enjoy kissing mangled lips. Repeat if necessary!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
WTF

Why is it always the husband who causes the dumb fuck cunts to do something wrong. I stopped reading as soon as you lost me. Not worth a rating I hate when it has to be his fault FUCK YOU!

fifteen16fifteen16almost 10 years ago
Based on real life

Flirting, well it's fun am something of a flirt myself which my wife is aware of but there is not a problem because there are limits or boundaries you do not cross. I don't like Selene because any reasonable person knows that flirting as she described it is way out of bounds, then at the sit down talk the first thing she did was complain about being frightened because he had got angry and threw the phone at her, poor little thing, surely showing contrition and saving her marriage would be more important, apparently not nor would I accept it happened because of lack of attention at home, she has a tongue in her head, hey hubby! you're not paying me enough attention these day's I need more affection, not difficult is it and transferring to a different ward well what does that prove? nada nothing. But what can a man do, as many have said before on this forum the guilty party comes out smelling of roses and the aggrieved party ends up living in a crumby little flat (apartment) and seeing his children once a week if he is lucky, we have some very intelligent legislators in the U.K. and the U.S., I think not. Anyway must go my mate and his wife are visiting soon and I feel some flirting coming on, no not with him, his wife, like I said just a little fun. Must be another chapter here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
wonderful story , best 1st story i have seen for a very long time

i really liked this , i like the Authors writing style

Love the way you get the story from both protagonists view point

thats a dificult skill to master , & its done superbly well in this story.

my only complaint is i wish the story was longer ,

the start point was perfect for me ,

Selene's view of events in ch.02 was handled brilliantly

i guess i would have liked a more drawn out

& reflective ch.03

with a happy ending & epilogue forming a new ch.04

but i am just splitting hairs , coz i loved this story ,

have put this Author on my Favs list

& am looking forward to seeing what else we get to share

xxxhugsxxx

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 10 years ago
Just a point

Why is it the husband's responsibility to chase the wife? When was the last time she told him he was hot and she needed him. Oh, that's right. He's not and she doesn't need him. She needs him to need her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Didn't like ending

I didn't care for the way Wilma's husband was thrown on the trash bin. He does a good deed, and does time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Suggestion

Don't say "the both of us'.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
wife

she's either insecure or has an overexagerated self image

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I fully agree that this is a Wonderful Story.

Since there is a story from Brian's perspective, I am hoping that the series continues, with Wilma's husband's perspective in the next installment. Thank very much for your stories, I thoroughly enjoy them. I especially appreciate your deployment story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice story but the grammar is distracting

You should either have someone edit your work or use a word processing program with spell and grammar check.

ramonbrookramonbrookover 9 years ago
Really enjoyed it!

THIS IS THE TYPE OF STORY THAT I EXPEC IN THE "LOVING WIVES" CATEGORY!

ramonbrookramonbrookover 9 years ago
The only thing I would have done different if I was the husband

Is I would have let Brian know that he better stop sending texts to my wife!

Just because they don't work on the same floor doesn't mean they won't see each other, especially in the cafeteria!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
The right ending

For the story you told -

She needs to let go a bit and he needed to step up a bit - good for them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I don't know...

I wish I could be your cheerleader like everyone else but, I don't know...

Like it or not she was cheating on him. What she was saying is the same as saying you don't ever fuck me so I went out and got some dick. It's the same thing.

And just because she's doing it with her husband now doesn't make it ok before...

She was making him her cuckold, you know, what he doesn't know want hurt me...

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Don't Buy It!

This story was a compelling read. I just don't buy the wife's explanation. She was a typical cheater. She was lonely, bored, everything was always the same, etc.etc. Did she try to make it more exciting-with her husband? Blame everything that she did on her husband, it's all his fault. His sister, his yodi, did not help matters. She wanted him to go crawling back to the wife. The wife was simply a cheater, yes, she was cheating on him. As other comments suggested, when the other cheat asked her to come to his apartment for sex, what did she reply? She was going to cheat in the near future. Her excuses to hubby were very weak. I enjoyed your writing and thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So, it's his fault

Ch 1 & 2, the set up, were very good. But then she puts her misconduct squarely on his shoulders. That didn't fly for me. "Oh, I'm sorry, but you made me do it." One single, solitary star for Ch. 3.

seekerazseekerazover 9 years ago
She would have fucked Brian in a heartbeat....

And blamed it on he husband for not paying attention. Selena is a betrayer and it's only a matter of time. I hate the blame the man mindset. She already cheated and had zero remorse. She just blamed her husband

Story us well written and I wil read more. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
typical cheater

shes uses the same excuses every other cheater uses, its everyone elses fault but hers, "but I still love you honey." gtfo

you dont need to have sex to be a cheater and thats what she was

also how long before emotions ran high and she gets in too deep and gives into the guy, she already admitted he was hot and he turned her on flirting with him, only a matter of time

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Blame

A bit to much blame the victim don't you think?

Still ,wasn't a game changer ,very readable.

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 9 years ago
Really Great Story

Well done all around. Good balance of serious and humor with realistic characters in a authentic situation.

Thanks and keep writing!

SuddenThunderSuddenThunderabout 9 years ago
What a sad world and life view..

I'm so glad that Tony learned to roll over and put up with the outright deceit and betrayal that cam with Selene's first text and her refusal to own it for what it was. Sadder yet is the mindset of the author in whose pieces the betrayer pretty much gets a pass and never owns the real betrayal.

I am deeply saddened. I don't look for BtB don't even like it but owning one's motives is something that javmor's characters don't seem to do. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
strange world ..

I read this story and come to the conclusion that tony is a closed-minded idiot, distrustful by nature (lack of self-confidence?). Claims to love his wife then jumps to conclusions without listening to her. Then, even when she tries to explain, he sits there with self-righteous cynicism. Lucky for him in this story he had a sister that provided him with the common sense that he lacks.

But, do you know what fits Tony's character? Read the comments, pay attention to those who react just the way Tony does: Selene is to blame. Period. That's Tony's self-centered (first) reaction. His character, as drawn inn this story, must touch base with a lot of readers sharing the same personality characteristics.

I find Tony in this story childish. Judging by some of the comments, this is a good portrait of some people in society.

gdjohn52gdjohn52about 9 years ago

Tony had every right to feel that way, And you gave him a level head to know when she was telling the truth. Good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hey, Anonymous.....

The next time I'm feeling unloved; the next time I'm feeling taken advantage of by my wife and she's not chasing after me, she isn't raping me as I come thru the door, she doesn't suck my dick 24/7, she doesn't lick my ass every morning and doesn't make me feel that I am GOD, do you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to start texting the first hot babe I come across (don't worry, I'm not going to fuck her).

BTW, since you put all the blame on hubby, why don't you give a free pass to your significant other to do whatever she /he wants to do if you don't rock his/her world? Since you're on wifey's side, I'm sure that anything that is wrong with your relationship is all YOUR FAULT!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Pretty unconvincing

If she was feeling neglected why didn't she start flirting with her husband to get him interested again? If she got no response she should have then confronted him. Why did she betray her fidelity by preferring to flirt with a work colleague who was a dickhead. That should have been the last resort not the first!

Instead of owning up to a bad error of emotional cheating at best or prospective future betrayal at worst, she puts the blame on her husband who falls for it.

The trouble with these types of stories is that the husband starts out as an angry idiot who then puts himself in a bad light and eventually turns into a pathetic wimp as the guilty wife twists the facts.

dyonysosdyonysosalmost 9 years ago
Anonymous morons

Sending flirtious text messages are sent every day by the hunderds of thousands,it's teasing and might enhance you sex life,in most cases they mean nothing ,it's flirting most of us do by spoken words only here it's textmessages,if you don't trust your obviously better half clone her phone ,problem solved

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
the cheating comments are funny

You BTB guys are funny. You advocate divorce for flirting. You just wish someone would flirt with you. I thought it was a good story with two imperfect people who loved each other. She was wrong and he overreacted. Nothing more than that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Damned unconvincing

Selene was a useless, egotistical POS who already dishonored her marriage through disrespect. If you won't to it in FRONT of your significant other, then doing it behind their back is cheating. Putting it on Tony ruined the story,

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

“Sure you SAY that I'm beautiful. You say it every day. But it's seems like you say it now because that's what you're supposed to say. You haven't really made me FEEL it lately. " – So it’s HIS fault that she thinks he’s saying it only because it’s “what [he’s] supposed to say”? And when was the last time she made HIM feel sexy and/or attractive?

As he said, she’s been harboring these feelings, and never expressing them to him. How can he fix what he doesn’t know is broken?

While it would be nice if all husbands were that attuned to their wives, it's a sad fact of life that many, if not most, are pretty clueless, and if don't tells us what you're feeling we ain't gonna figure it out on our own!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good for the goose, good for the gander

"You scared me last night. You really did. I've never seen you that furious. When you threw my phone at me, I honestly thought that you were going to hurt me. I have never been that frightened of anyone." She paused to sniffle and I could see that she was on the verge of more tears. 

You fucking bitch... I screamed. How the hell do you think I'd react to find out my wife is a slut, a two bit whore. Lusting after some guy that was your ideal "type". Carrying on an emotional affair... Behind my back. Everyone snickering about it. Brian smirking at me at the Xmas party? How would you feel if I got pictures of my secretaries breasts? If I carried on with her? My ego needs stroking too! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't do what you did. Or why I shouldn't just leave. You're right though I won't throw the phone or threaten you ever again, because you're not worth it. I'll just leave. You better come up with some damn good reasons why I should stick around and put up with this shit. 

How dare you make it me that did something wrong... You're the one that was wrong - completely wrong... And you can save the fake manipulative tears. 

 "I understand that you were shocked and hurt by what you ...found. You had every right to be upset. I see that. Honestly, if you kicked my ass out and sent me to my sister's I would have had no one to blame but myself." She paused momentarily to show me the full impact of her next statement. " But if you ever make me afraid like that again..."

No need because I'll  be leaving... I called my secretary. She was more than happy to take me in.  What you just said, making this all about me when you are the one at fault tells me there is no hope for us. None... Goodbye.  I'll contact my lawyer. 

"I want you to know that I had no intention of having sex with Brian."

How am I supposed to believe that? How can I trust you  haven't already? Or you won't? How can I trust you ever again? So far you've said nothing except this is all my fault, shifting blame on to me. If you were scared why didn't you go to your sisters? How am I supposed to trust you? 

"You wanted honesty Tony, so I'm going to give it to you. Sure you SAY that I'm beautiful. You say it every day. But it's seems like you say it now because that's what you're supposed to say. You haven't really made me FEEL it lately. " 

So it's my fault you're a cheating whore? When have you made me feel like I was a hot stud like Brian? Ever - I know I wasn't your type - the assholes you liked to date in college. But you wanted a nice guy as a hubby, but still lusted after handsome studly assholes... When do you make me feel like you drool over me like you do over Brian and his ilk? Do I make your panties wet anymore like Brian does? I guess not. I'm just not your type. So your solution to a relationship problem is not to talk to me about it but carry on with someone else? Not honesty but dishonesty? Good to know.

Well dear payback is a bitch and revenge is sweet.  I'm going to hangout more with my secretary. She's younger and hotter than you. She's every man's wet dream and she comes on to me all the time. She's got a thing for her boss. So how do you feel about that dear? Two can play your cheating game.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Reading this again

And honestly, there is one big red warning flag.

The wife is not attracted to her husband. At all.

I know what Javmor wrote. Does he know what he wrote? She had no lead in her pencil over her husband. She liked his PERSONALITY. She liked the cuddles and the fact he could push her sexual buttons. She liked that she could use her body to control him. She felt comfortable and that he had a high status and a good father and...

But she had no 'zing' for him. Did she ever say "OH MY GOD!" about her husband? Not once. She said it about Brian.

She is not willing to trade her position as wife/mother/important person/alpha in the relationship for some unknown quality of sex with someone who isn't even as educated as she is.

Here is a thought experiment: Take Brian's body, give him at least half the personality of Tony (and a cooler name), and make him...a doctor...

Where is the wife now?

Yeah. I thought so.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 8 years ago
I enjoyed all three chapters...

This was well done and very believable. I will be checking out the follow up story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Dangerous game

wife played. She could have pushed the marine too far. It isn't really appropriate to act they way she did with someone she is attracted to since each step makes the next one easier.

Wife's response to husband was a turn off: blaming him for her emotional affair and and threatening him for his response when he found out would have been too much for most people. Also,not enough contrition on her part. Husband feels way too insecure. My take on the story but also, I liked it even though I didn't agree with parts of the behaviors exhibited by H.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
you can play

but can you pay the price? if not this guy it will be the next one... sad to say but a hospital setting CAN be a play zone...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well

On one hand I can see this, but there would be serious concerns.

She either needs counseling, or there is a flaw in the marriage.

Uncertain if that could be fixed. That aspect I would have liked to see explored more in the story. I do like happy endings, especially when kids are involved.

Human minds are fickle and complex, this story could well occur in real life.

Excellent writing.

SoMikeSoMikeover 8 years ago
From the Love at First Sight Theory narrative...

Quote, from the "Brian" character:

"The real life Tony and Selene (of course I changed their names) are still happily married. She says that she learned a lot about herself during this time. They went to counseling and she learned how to have confidence in herself without needing to be chased. She openly admits that she was a very shallow and vain person, and she realized the prize that she has in Tony."

Like I said, selfish and insecure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A perfect almost-cheating story

Congrats. This is a perfect almost-cheating story. Five out of five. Almost-cheating stories are one of my favourite stories, but they are also very hard to get right.

In a nutshell it is story about a couple who thinks one of them is cheating and disaster results. Maybe it leads to real cheating, Maybe it doesn't. But it is always very powerful, cathartic and emotional. Deep claws are revealed and it doesn't even have to have sex in it if it is done right.

But the plot has to be clever and believable which is why they are so hard to do right.

Now with regards to Innocent Text Messages, my one constructive criticism would be that it resolved too quickly. I loved the set up. It was perfect. But he forgave her and believed her too quickly. Even though she was truly innocent of actual cheating, she was guilty of emotional cheating, and then she blamed it on him because he only said she was beautiful and didn't show it enough.

What he needed to say is that she hurt him, more than he knew he could be hurt. She was afraid of his temper? He should have said he was afraid of how vulnerable he was to her words and was not sure he was strong enough to risk staying with her.

I know. I know. If I'm so smart why don't I write stories?

Point accepted. I also really liked your follow up with Brian. Cheers, Steve

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 8 years ago
Re: The you don't appreciate me story line

I've heard so many women complain their men don't appreciate them. Don't romance them.

Well, guys can take a hint. When they flirt with their woman 15 times a day for weeks on end and get ignored, they understand. When they suggest certain intimate activities like hot-tubbing or mutual massages and she forgets about it, is in a bad mood, or simply "doesn't feel like it", they're perceptive. When the woman shows she wants it only when she wants it, and doesn't care when he wants it, well, it's hard to get motivated to do those little things anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"it's hard to get motivated to do those little things anymore"

Clarion Call of the Closet Cuckold.

That is what distinguishes the guy in the story who gets "shot down 5 times and comes back for more" from the insecure cucks who run away and cry.

That is what distinguishes an Alpha from a beta, a stud from a closet cuck.

Be Relentless if you want the pussy.

Randee1958Randee1958over 8 years ago
Happy Ending

Hip Hop Hooray 😂😂😂 so you do know how to write a happy story. Don't you think there's enuff sadness in this life already.

foolscapfoolscapover 8 years ago
Nothing makes a marriage stronger and more long lasting than to sow mistrust that will last a lifetime...

Or to be constanting looking over one's shoulder. The guy may have stepped up his game but the marriage will always be wounded. Sex is not the solution, trust is. Staying together is not necessarily a happy ending though honest working through problems can really help.

Hope it works out. I have my doubts

EddboyEddboyabout 8 years ago
is the real brian

as much of a whiny bitch as this one was? Lol really you get upset that your wife finds other guys attractive? Most people you come into contact with are going to be average in looks so its fair to say that we will always come across someone who is more physically attractive then our partner. Most of the stories on here describe the wife as a knockout who men cant take their eyes off of even if she is 60. Obviously that a bunch of bullshit because in reality there especially arent very many milfs or "hot" older women running around or atleast not where im from

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Very good and realistic story

Attraction is how another person makes us feel about ourselves. That is why she was vulnerable to Brian and wanted him to go after her and flirt without reservation and without thought of the consequence; it's also where thing started sliding between Tony and Selene.

It also touches on another good point. Guys don't think about the provocation not justifying explosive anger (even verbal) and they need to. But, women are so self absorbed they fail to see that they put gas on the logs and lit a match e.g. when her actions are responsible for the enormous hurt (because anger is a mask for other emotions) and fireworks they initiated (kind of like lighting explosives and saying "don't be so scary".)

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 8 years ago
Happier

Nice, a happy story. Heavy to the edge flirting is dangerous- women can get caught in situations they can't control, and they trust social mores to keep them safe. The guy was a big ass marine to boot, but must normal men when pushed can be dangerous. Most will back off when told no, but maybe 5-10% may not. She learned a lesson, and I hope it wasn't just "my husband gets jealous when I flirt too much"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

200 text messages in a week's time. And she was still doing it on her way home to her family. Anyone who needs their ego stroked that much is just a bit narcissistic, don't you think. Hubby would have never made the debate team. So she was pretty. That's about all you can say about her. I question whether she was worth all the trouble. You do get people responding though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
love the female rationalizations

Always chuckle when they blame husbands about their flings. He should started exchanging similar texts with female and made sure his wife saw them. Then after she blew up at him show her the ones she'd been sending. Her actions are not those of a faithful wife.

Visit Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com for a real life cheating wife and details of her messages

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

Brilliant tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Duh

BULLSHIT

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hmmm

Wife needs therapy.

Liked you wrote them that way.

Loving couple but wife has a problem and husband willing to cope.

Women are emotional based.

Needed an emotional solution.

Get writing and nice story.

I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
REALLY???!!!

I'm not sure about this, but it seems to me if Tony would have taken that phone to HR or the hospital administrator and showed him the picture Brian sent to his wife, he would have ended up canned. Of course, his wife probably would have gotten canned, as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Selene

I would keep her, but on a very tight leash.

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
Not that unbelievable a premise.

Hospitals are really sexually charged environments. You work life or death and you tend to bond with the people you work with and keep the outside life in the back of your mind. Working in close quarters, touching, teasing and joking are ways to relieve stress. As is sex. I have seen nurses tell their husbands that what happens at work and on field trips after work is none of their business. And they really think that. Nurses are about as divorced as police and firemen. That is to say, a lot. I do think that if she has been seeing this other nurse on breaks and after work, there is indeed something going on. And when confronted every woman knows that in order to deflect blame you attack the person blaming you. And you do so hard and fast and hit them where they live. Evidently hubby was a gentle man, so she played the I'm scared scenario and even threatened him if he made her scared again. Manipulation 101. And even though she was family, his sister is still a woman and that is thicker than any blood. So, telling little brother he probably misunderstood or misheard or some other crap was putting him off balance for the wife. The emails from day one were horribly inappropriate and I don't care who you are, without encouragement no dick pictures get sent. What did she send him a picture of?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Victim

The blaming of the husband for over reaction and rationalizing what she was doing then blaming the victim by oh no's he hadn't been giving her his A game lately was a turnoff.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
WHEN YOU START TO DEVIATE

all innocence is gone out the windows, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice Ending!

I loved the ending with the husband and wife flirting with each other via text messages. That's how it's SUPPOSED to be Ladies!!! Take it from a guy who knows how to be faithful but won't put up with his wife flirting with any other guy. NOT COOL!!!

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Got The T-Shirt....

....when, back in the day, I figured out that my then-wife was fucking some Doc at the hospital where she was an OR nurse. Back in those days, there were no such things as email or cell phones or texting, but intuition and deduction were somewhat useful.

It was when she got pregnant after my vasectomy that things went south.....yes, there were still a few swimmers in my semen, so it could have been mine, but the fact that she wanted to abort the fetus was the kiss of death for our marriage. I went along with the decision, but her not wanting to keep OUR child destroyed me. We divorced about a year later. She must have been afraid that it wasn't mine....

And yes, I had ANOTHER vasectomy and have been sperm-free in my semen ever since! ;-)

So this story rings true on so many levels for me! Thanks, will try to find your follow-on soon.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Bull shit

When you get married you sign on for a job for life as a spouse. This job has rules and those rules include fidelity, respect, trust and love. Short of fucking this guy, she broke every other rule. Now, don't over react, the truth is the truth. In this case Tony discovered something about his wife - she wasn't a great life partner. In fact she wasn't much of a person at all. So, what to do? Given that they have two kids and Tony does not have a better situation to jump to, they might as well stay married. Although, only until the kids are full grown. In the meantime, Tony needs to come up with a plan for the post kids phase of his life. Living with a POS like Selene is a waste of time. What dummies like Selene fail to realize is that in many people's minds the marriage was already over, or had never really taken after all. So, that mean's a lot of guys in Tony's position would start thinking about finding another woman to give his love to. While Selene may be attractive and Tony average the remarkable thing about aging is that women lose value as men gain value with age. Tony was on his way up as Selene the dope was on her way OUT.

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

Ya, once again the cause for her straying is due to the husband not paying attention to his wife and life changes. It's his fault he did not see her dissatisfaction. Husband's that are not clairvoyant deserve any/all versions of CHEATING. The wife as no responsibility to discuss concerns/desires/changes with hubby - she can just solve HER needs by some from of CHEATING. What was missing (slightly touched upon) in this story is her co-workers coffee-break discussions with fellow female staff - their mutual attitudes that men/husbands are clueless/infantile/etc injecting the seeds of doubt to giver her justification for her conduct.

After all she is justified, she had HIS children - ya it's always interesting how it is not "OUR" children in these scenarios - she had HIS children and all the discomfort and burden that SHE went through to have HIS children so she deserves the 'her time'.

She is very bright, she use to be athletic a cheerleader, she use to be ogled giving her an ego fix - but after 10yrs, 2kids and he doesn't chase her around the house justifies HER actions to get the ego fix elsewhere.

I've saw this happen to my life - it was caused by my wife's co-workers/friends/babysitter, 90% were divorced or getting divorced. She attend 'girls gatherings' and I can imagine what she heard and seeds planted. Next I knew she too was CHEATING with her co-worker - she asked for a divorce and then two days later she rescinded. He was just going through a kid-less divorce and I'm sure when my wife told him what she done he saw her as damaged goods if she could walk out on her family - she was less than noble in his eyes and put the brakes on her new desires. Plus we could not afford a divorce. Realizing I'd loose my boys - I sucked it up becoming a cuck for my boys. She said she never cheated again but she talks in her sleep and it was not my name being said over the last two decades. What I never considered is the harm our relationship did to the boys - they would see a cold/condescending relationship as normal, it took them into their 30's to get into their own relationships. In retrospect, I should have walked and suffered all the reciprocations - real life's a bitch.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Excuse

I've been spinning through the comments, trying to decide if I want to re-read this, and I keep coming back to one thing that was never addressed: Why didn't he ask why her answer to Brian's invite wasn't, "I can't, I'm married and that would be cheating?" I suppose she would give her standard answer that she was just teasing him, but why not at least ask?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
TOO MUCH SHE-IT FROM THE COMMENTS

She-it man! These comments! If the Author had the husband leaving her as in divorce you would comment that he is an asshole? But the Author wrote that he stuck by her and you wrote he is a wimp a cuckold!

To the assholes shut the fuck up you dont know what your talking about! No matter what the author wrote THIS IS LITEROTICA NOT REAL IT'S FICTION EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!THANKS FOR SHARING THIS FANTASTIC STORY WITH US!

LOVE YOU ALL! BYE! GREG!

OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

jocko_smithjocko_smithalmost 7 years ago
His real problem

was that he married a narcissistic piece of shit. Not that he "became complacent."

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
And yet

you keep reading their stories. What does that say about you?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
no matter what she says

A married female intentionally prick teasing a guy is not innocent

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Facts

Marines do not have medics they are allowed to have NAVY Corpsman to fill that vital roll! Please do 5 mins of research and get your facts straight!

javmor79javmor79almost 7 years agoAuthor
Already commented on this, but its been awhile. Sooo...

I already know that marines don't have medics. I was in the navy. However, most people that I have talked do always assume that they did. They always reference marine medics. My characters didn't know the difference because a lot of people don't. If you read the follow on story, Brian addresses this misconception.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
ood first story, but...

It could seriously use a an edit for typos, omissions and minor continuity flaws.

Then resubmit.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
Selena was playing a very dangerous game

Your story could have gone in any number of directions. I like this direction. Your characters were believable. Except Tony was right; of the women I knew, the ones who would engage in that level of "flirting" were serial cheaters.

The back and forth of points of view kept the story within bounds, that is, kept the reader on track emotionally.

Good choice for first story to share. Many of your other submissions have been much grimmer.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 6 years ago
3 chapters, 3 5's.

This chapter was a little weak but very realistic. I enjoyed all three chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Query

What a .very insecure husband

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
sorry i see some of what she says, but did she demonstrate

that she still desired her husband the same way as she first did? that and the need for such massive amounts of validation from others demonsrates complacency on her part as well. no relationship ever maintains that high intensity of it early days. if that's what she needs, either therapy or divorce is going to occur. not saying he doesn't need to put forth the effort, but she honestly needs some self reflection. change places and the female readers would've jumped on the fragile male ego crap in a second. good writing javmor, even if i thoroughly disagree with the pov of the main characters 4stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It's the husbands fault???

No way. This is on her. She puts it on the husband and he willingly accepts that.

Again. No way. She is going to age. Loose her figure. What will she need to do then to prove her desirabilty.

I see only 2 options. Divorce or a chasity belt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@anon - Query

Insecure husband??

Tell you what as your comment has feminine scent to it,

You pick up your hubby's phone and find picture of nude 20 year old stacked redhead with flat stomach and hundreds of texts from her denigrating you and saying how she dreams of him ravaging her.

Every message is innuendo and beyond.

I am certain you would be calm and not feel your marriage is threatened

That would make you a fool

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Arsehole

What a self opinionated insecure arsehole Tony is.I bet his sister had to hold his hand while he was growing and was for ever putting his toys back in the pram.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Late Thoughts

"Did she say that she wanted to go to his apartment?" - Sort of! She never said that she couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't, just that she worried about her husband wondering where she was.

As has been said, she didn't FEEL sexy; just when did she say that to Tony? Is he supposed to be a mind reader? When was the last time she made HIM feel sexy?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
anon said "pram"

It's very british. The british are super PC, SJW, and post-morernist.

IE: They care more about mean tweets than child rape gangs.

It's bad there. They are brainwashed to hate men, whites, straights. And to unconditionally love and support women and mirorities regardless of their personal actions. It's bedlam, to use a british word. They'v pissed on the tree of individual meritocracy in favor of Nazi-like authoritarian identity politics.

So, just laugh at the obvious brit crying about "fragile male egos" His/her/xer's life isn't great, cuz britain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@anon said "pram"

What color is the sky in your world? Oh, you can't see the sky from mommy's basement?

Lived in London for close to 30 years now and visit other parts of the UK regularly and you are one brainwashed idiot. Turn off the breeeeetbart and go outside, you're turning into a mushroom.

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
Good series

Read for second time. Enjoyed again. Wish someone had finished Brian, even though I am a vet and RN. It would have saved trouble later.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjavmor79@javmor79
I enjoy my job as much as anyone else, but I LOVE writing. It's a fun escape. Real life leaves me precious little time to fully enjoy my hobby. I apologize to people who have to wait weeks between chapters of my stories. I enjoy reading erotic stories, but find that when I ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES